Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 13th: Kolson, Rory, Hanuel

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

February 13th: Kolson, Rory, Hanuel Empty February 13th: Kolson, Rory, Hanuel

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:00 am

Bonebreaker hands you the piece of parchment with the code on it and waves a specific Dwarf over. "Tolren, get these three over to the Upper Hangout, and as fast as you can."

Tolren bows slightly, and gestures for you three to follow. "This way, if you please?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

February 13th: Kolson, Rory, Hanuel Empty Re: February 13th: Kolson, Rory, Hanuel

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:05 am

"Yeah sure, lead the way, Tolren."

After they are back on the street, Kolson asks, "So how long have you worked with Bonebreaker?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

February 13th: Kolson, Rory, Hanuel Empty Re: February 13th: Kolson, Rory, Hanuel

Post by Rory Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:12 am

Rory followed the short man, while stifling a chortle behind his back.

Last edited by Rory(Gronth) on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:12 am

The Dwarf doesn't look at you as he keeps pace, clearly in quite a bit of a hurry. He makes a specific tone of whistle, and you see a small hovercar quickly sidle over. Without even glancing at the driver he tosses what looks like several gold at him before hopping in and gesturing for you to follow. He looks at Kolson and, without saying anything, gestures the number 18 at you.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:16 am

"Right."

Kolson climbs in, helping Han up into the seat next to him. He doesn't offer to help Rory but keeps an eye on him in case he runs into trouble.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:17 am

Rory nervously steps into the floating cart, clearly bewildered by the absence of reaction to force exerted on it.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:25 am

Hanuel's wings fidget nervously in the car, occasionally batting idly at Tolren's ears, which he flicks away irritably.

The trip is a very long one. Kolson, who is well aware of Holtburg's layout, has come to realize you are heading towards an area by the North Docks, which is adjacent to the Royal District.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:35 am

"No wonder Bonebreaker said it would be risky. We are heading towards the North Docks. It's just a hop, skip, and a jump to the Royal District from there."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:39 am

The car stops and stays hovering as the Dwarf hops out and quickly takes off at a half run towards the shops and buildings adjacent to the District Wall.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:42 am

Rory takes off after, keeping his guard up, as well as adjusting his cloak and the cloth bandana that hides his ears.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:45 am

Kolson takes up the rear, jogging after the others.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:47 am

After a bit of jogging you find yourself in a small, rather unappointed looking warehouse. The Dwarf takes you towards the back and points to a small letter slot. "There's where you put the message. Someone should be by soon. I'll go wait with the car, keep it ready for ya." And without further dialogue, he leaves.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:48 am

"Yeah, this isn't fishy. Anyone else have a bad feeling about this?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:50 am

Kolson (Farwikt) wrote:"Yeah, this isn't fishy. Anyone else have a bad feeling about this?"
"They're a band of thugs, why wouldn't it be? Just put the letter in, Han."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:52 am

"Okay, so long as I'm not the only one. Go on, Han."

With a nervous nod, Hanuel flies over and drops the letter into the slot before retreating quickly retreating behind, Kolson.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:00 am

Rory sighed. "Easy isn't always the same as exciting. Let's get a move on." He walks back toward where the hover car was.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:03 am

"We are supposed to wait here, Rory!" Kolson calls after him. To Han he says, "Send Dara after him. At least they can keep in contact with him."

Hanuel nods and sends Dara zooming off after Rory.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:04 am

The door behind Rory has since been shut. In fact, you are not even certain where it was. But that's okay, because as the total silence of the warehouse slowly creeps in, you start to not care as much.

The waiting is comforting, and passes in total silence. There is not even the scratching of rodents or bugs, no water dripping, and time seems to slow to an utter stillness. You have no idea how much time you spent in the silence. With no warning at all, as though a breath of air was exhaled upon the three of you, it all passes and you find yourself looking up at a section of the wall that has opened.

There is a figure standing there, an Elf woman dressed in finery, and she is alone.

Kolson:
Spoiler:

"What is..." she begins. "I came alone, as requested, more out of curiosity then anything. After all, everyone knows the Undermarket is dead. And yet here I am, and here you three are, the..." she hesitates, "...supposed war criminals."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:11 am

A flustered Kolson quickly gives a respectful bow and says to his companions more to the lady, "A most unexpected meeting, Lady Lightmane. It's not often that one meets the Lord of Holtburg. You know who we are then?"

Last edited by Kolson (Farwikt) on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:12 am

Kolson(Farwikt) wrote:"We are supposed to wait here, Rory!" Kolson calls after him. To Han he says, "Send Dara after him. At least they can keep in contact with him."

Hanuel nods and sends Dara zooming off after Rory.
"Oh, right. Good gods, how could I have forgot?" He wanders back.

Archengeia wrote:The door behind Rory has since been shut. In fact, you are not even certain where it was. But that's okay, because as the total silence of the warehouse slowly creeps in, you start to not care as much.

The waiting is comforting, and passes in total silence. There is not even the scratching of rodents or bugs, no water dripping, and time seems to slow to an utter stillness. You have no idea how much time you spent in the silence. With no warning at all, as though a breath of air was exhaled upon the three of you, it all passes and you find yourself looking up at a section of the wall that has opened.

There is a figure standing there, an Elf woman dressed in finery, and she is alone.

Kolson:
Spoiler:

"What is..." she begins. "I came alone, as requested, more out of curiosity then anything. After all, everyone knows the Undermarket is dead. And yet here I am, and here you three are, the..." she hesitates, "...supposed war criminals."
"Yes, supposed," Rory echoes. "We were told to wait, but..." he shrugs.

Last edited by Rory(Gronth) on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:20 am

The woman looks between the three of you. "So..." she considers her words carefully, and you notice there is not a trace of fear in her step or face. "I suppose the blunt ways do work sometimes. I admit, I'm impressed. I could take all three of you in right now, and yet here you are, the first out-stretched hand..." she purses her lips. "So I guess it's my move to reach out as well." You notice for the first time that one of her hands had been casually held behind her back, but she returns it now, fading magical energy lifting from it as she discharges whatever spells she was preparing.

Taking on an air of business, she narrows her eyes and folds her arms. "What you ask would be easy if done at my level, and I'm sure that's why the Undermarket... or whatever's using its name right now, reached out to me specifically. So yes, in response to your letter, I can wipe the slate clean. Full pardon for the entire group. The Order won't like it, but they'll be impotent in the matter, the public already doesn't like this entire situation. Having it wiped clean will be good for the people." At this she looks far more serious. "That only leaves me with what is in it for me, my office, my city, and my Province."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:34 am

Rory sighed and held his forehead in his hand. Hit with another realization, he whispers to Kolson.
Spoiler:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:36 am

Whisper to Rory:

Kolson addresses his next words to the lady. "Yes, I think blunt is the right trade tactic this time. We offer trade, Lady Brightmane. As you well know, the war has disrupted trade between the Four Nations, even between Holtburg and its neighbors. Without the stabilizing influence of a third party like the Undermarket, or whatever it becomes, trade may come to a halt entirely. And we all know the ramifications of that.

Simply put, my colleagues and I seek to be that third party."

Arch:

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:39 am

"Only as needed though," Rory adds hastily.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:43 am

The Lady shows no expression as she stands in silence, considering your words for a few moments. "Funny you should mention that. The Kingdom was recently given another offer of a similar type, though far more dramatically." She unfolds her arms. "Our other party has resources and facilities to do what you propose, and soon. What does the new Undermarket have to offer us?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next