Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The fairy with the white scarf

2 posters

Go down

The fairy with the white scarf Empty The fairy with the white scarf

Post by Essoje Sat May 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Javan, in plain clothes rather than inside his usual half plate, can be seem doing some martial training around the outer edge of the camp. Every of his movements with his favored weapon, the spear, are quite reminiscent of theatrical combats, yet have a certain 'sharp' quality to them that didn't exist when he started to adventure, and it's quite clear for those that were there with him in their first adventure together.

Also, from time to time, the fairy would stop everything and sit down, producing a nondescript book from his backpack, and start making what seems to be notes on it while munching at bread pieces or beef jerky at the same time.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

The fairy with the white scarf Empty Re: The fairy with the white scarf

Post by Zeiss Sun May 12, 2013 12:55 am

Rainbow, apparently curious of the "new" fairy who just joined the group, observed him from afar. When he started to write on his journal, she approached him to look at his notes.

"Hey Rainbow, don't eat his jerky."

Zeiss appears near Javan with a wooden mug in his hand, full of jasmine tea.

"What are you doing?"

Rainbow leaves Javan and climbs Zeiss to sit in his shoulder, keeping her balance by rolling her tail around his neck.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun May 12, 2013 1:18 am

"Oh! Hey Zeiss and... Rainbow, right? Almost didn't notice you guys there.", said the fairy while standing up with the help of his spear, and handed the book to Zeiss, and then restarted his spear training while talking.

The red book, which had no name on it's cover, was actually a dragoon training manual, the first volume of three, and scanning the pages quickly, it become. "When we parted ways, I tried to find out how to become a dragoon... it's like a dream of sorts for me. I mean, jumping into the sky and raining pain to the bad guys? That sounded so cool at the time.", the fairy grinned in embarrassment at the last statement.

"So I went and tried to join one of the big names in the dragoon business. Well, it didn't go so well... but one of the guys there gave me that book...", the fairy sighed as if remembering, almost losing balance for a moment. Also, another quick scan shows that Javan had been taking notes on separate blank pages, and the book probably had 50 of those pages already, making it look bigger than it really is.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun May 12, 2013 1:30 am

"You really seem determined to join the Dragoons..."

Zeiss flips through the pages, curious of what is described in it. Rainbow takes advantage of it and also looks at it, even if she doesn't understand any words. While flipping the pages, he asks :

"There is no shame to want to help people... Just a question. How do you determine who is a bad guy?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun May 12, 2013 1:53 am

The book described mostly about martial arts, spear-wielding, legend behind the dragoons. Basically everything you'd expect from a entry-level book for aspiring the dragoon-in-training. But what might have called the most attention were the notes the fairy made: those were made as if questioning the reasoning behind literally everything that was written in that book, and that did not quite fit to Javan's amicable personality up until now.

And when Javan heard Zeiss' question, the fairy stopped his spear in place, while making a pose, his white scarf floating with the wind, and answered while keeping that pose, "That's a good question... which I didn't come up with a definitive answer yet. The world is a lot less black-and-white than I first thought when I started adventuring... there's a lot of 'necessary evils' that helps keeping the balance, and 'good intentions' that ending up hurting a lot of people..."

Javan finally moved to end his movement, which was a low stab, and continued, "So I guess the 'bad guys' for me are those that apathetically hurt those around them without a care... Yes, that sounds about right."
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun May 12, 2013 2:05 am

Zeiss closes the book and gives it back to Javan. Rainbow looks displeased and decides to return in his sack, maybe to rest. He looks at Javan's spear, which looks strange, but doesn't say anything about it.

"I thought joining the Dragoons meant adhering to their belief system. I doubt you will have much choice in the matter."

He drinks a sip of his tea.

"Are you sure you want to stay with us? We are building an organization that is dealing in illegal trade..."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun May 12, 2013 2:16 am

"Oh, about the dragoons...", Javan started, taking a more relaxed stance as he received his book back, but his voice betrays his smiling face a split moment, "... I don't think I'm really dragoon material. But even if that's the case, it's not like they can't teach me how to become one, even if I won't join their ranks... I hope!"

"Also, illegal trading... is that really a bad thing? I mean, if you told me you are going to trade slaves or deal with drugs, I'd stop you right here and now. But that's not what you are after, right? Actually... mind telling me what you guys are after? I'm still trying to piece it all together, but I'd rather hear it from the source."
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun May 12, 2013 2:24 am

Zeiss takes another sip of his tea.

"We are after gold, of course. We also agreed not to deal in arms dealing or drug, so do not worry for your conscience. And as you saw in Ritholme, we do not use violence to extend our influence. That would be too messy."

His sack moves, a sign that Rainbow is changing her position to be more comfortable.

"How would you like to participate in the Exchange exactly?"

Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun May 12, 2013 2:37 am

"Nice... but the Exchange itself, I don't have that much interest on, per se. But it has a lot of potential of helping people when the law is being a pain in the behind... soooo I'll just go where the wind carries me, I guess. If you need my help, you can just ask. Even though I can't do much besides slapping bad guys silly", the fairy explained the best he could, and shrugged. "But I guess the way things have been lately, you guys probably need just that."
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun May 12, 2013 2:45 am

"Sure, we could pay you for your services. Help you with this Dragoon training too. If you're still interested when we can do so. After all, the Exchange is just starting and will need time before we have enough influence and money to pay for these lessons. I assume the Dragoons are not cheap."

He drinks the rest of his tea. And looks at Javan's armor which lays on the ground.

"You can't fly when you wear that, am I right?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed May 15, 2013 11:42 pm

"I don't think money would be that much of a problem, but thanks for the offer.", Javan told Zeiss while stretching his arms, until he hears Zeiss' question about his flight, or lack thereof.

"Oh?", looked briefly over his shoulder, and flapped his wings, as if trying to get a better look a them but failing to do so, then to his armor, then back to Zeiss. "More like I'm too inexperienced for that. I'm like 2 years and some old, and still don't get how to use my wings properly... but from I hear from other fairies, it shouldn't be that big of a problem. Just don't ask me to carry other people... now THAT would be a challenge."

Last edited by Essoje on Wed May 15, 2013 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed May 15, 2013 11:47 pm

"Hmm. We'll have to figure out what to pay you then. I suppose we'll talk about this later."

Zeiss pets Rainbow, then says one last thing to Javan.

"Just make sure that you know who you can trust."

He leaves the fairy to his books.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content