February 20th:

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Rory on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:28 am

Rory headed over to the Paladin and the Kobold family. "There a problem?" he asked.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:07 am

Rory, Javan, Gwydo, Sethos:
It turns out that the Kobold family is having difficulty keeping the health of their elder members, whom they've carried since about halfway across the journey, warm and healthy out in the brisk late-winter weather. They are requesting permission to go into the ruin facility, if only a ways, to find shelter from the cold. They have just begun this discussion, and Gwydo is obviously upset about the situation.

Gwydo:
Spoiler:
Letting you post your thoughts / reaction to this, whenever you get a chance to do so, preferably soon.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:11 am

"Oh, another Ibrexi! I met Shalamon of Sunsorrow last night when I was studying. Snarg of Wildpaw here, by the way. Anyway ... sure, Tomkin of Striker, I'll tell you what happened from what I saw."

Snarg begins pacing back and forth as he recounts the tale.

"So it all started when we came in to Marblebush on a note from this guy here," he gestures to Araiguna, "because the Dwarves there were having some trouble making ends meet. I know this is a bit before the incident, but it's important to it. He was going in to their ruins and grabbing some artifacts to sell - try and help them. Wasn't going to last for long though, and they had been having some weird monster problems.

"So we met the locals, all this and all that, then headed in to the ruins to see what was down there. Some artifacts were down there all right. Some dangerous ones with weird magic. Turns out they took a hold of the Mite here and cursed him every night. We found out about that real quick and luckily reversed it, but found more dangerous ones while we were down there. Also found the body of the dead Elf, sorry, don't know his name, down there beside a big outpouring of magic."

"We stopped it up and the healer took a look at the dead Elf. Told us that he'd been overdosed with magic and that had killed him. I'm sure if you take a look at him you'll see that, and if you take a look at me you'll see I got a big dose of it too since I had to help clamp it shut. If the Elf is the second dead adventurer you're talking about, he was already like that when we found him. In fact, I turned him in to the authorities after we'd found him and that's how you know about it in the first place. If we had murdered him, that's the last thing we should be doing."

"Some time passed, we were trying to shut down the dangerous artifacts and seeing what was around, when several of our party stumble up to me, almost dead, and tell me that they were in a fight with some others who came down here and there's one still alive down there. I hurry over to where they were and I find this Fel Knight named Scargil of Pallidtone on the floor - I'm sure you've met him by now. It did look like one of the two had been pushed over the edge in the struggle. I don't know who did it, but I don't claim that it didn't happen there."

"I start asking Scargil what happened. I found out they were looking for the dead Elf, who I had turned in to local authorities, and I promised I'd help get his stuff back since he told me it was missing. I didn't take it, if you're wondering. He did really seem to want to kill the Mite too; told me there'd be a fight if he saw him. I was a bit worried he'd start slashing again so I tied his hands and asked him to come with me so we could let everyone know what was going on. I was going to gather everyone up with him and head back, but before I could do anything, he broke the rope and started running away. I was pretty scared about what he was going to do right after a fight like that; that he might try to kill one of our party, come back and slaughter us with some friends, or anything like that, so I followed him to try and stop him; that led me here. Again, I never had any intention of killing him, I could have done that when I met him instead of talking. I was just trying to find him here to get us all back on track; help him get his and his friend's things back - which I did offer to him. But, everyone just seems to want to kill or imprison me instead of listening."

"I hadn't been able to find him after tracking him to this place, so I turned in last night after doing some studying at your Order building. Elkzixh of Gardener helped me last night with that - he'll know I was there. Woke up this morning to guards looking for me so I decided it'd be best to just leave before there was any big trouble and then try to figure out what to do next. That's when I met this guy here when leaving," he motions again to Araiguna, "and you know the rest after that. I just came along without running; without fighting. I didn't know a Lugian was here, that's the first time I've heard of that. I might know who that is, but I'd have to hear what he looked like. I don't think he meant any harm. In fact, I'm not sure why he'd get chased off, he isn't know for doing stuff that'd cause that. If that was part of a distraction plan, it's probably the worst I've ever heard of."

"Haven't set foot back in the ruins since I left for here, so I haven't a clue what's been going on since then. If the Dwarves are wanting the ruins I don't see any reason why they can't have them. I found another mining spot for them, but they don't seem to want to take it for no reason I can think of and insist on just looking in the ruins for artifacts, which we've already found are dangerous and told them so. Telling them about that is the only time I ever did anything or heard anything they might have taken as being barred from the ruins. I wasn't taking active guard on the ruins and didn't ask for anyone to do that. Maybe the Dwarves thought that telling them about the mine was us saying that - I don't know. Would be kind of strange for them to do that after we helped them out."

"So, that's the tale. No cults, no assassins, no minions, nothing like that. Just trying to get things back in order for everyone. Sorry I can't tell you more about the actual killings, but I wasn't there. You'd have to ask someone that was actually there," he gestures down at Araiguna yet again. "It seems like a confused conflict got blown up a bit out of proportions. With all that went on it's kind of understandable he'd think there was a big conspiracy going on I guess."
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:01 am

Snarg & Araiguna:
Spoiler:
I have a few things for him to respond to Snarg to but I'm going to give Araiguna a chance to post first.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Gwydo on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:04 am

Archengeia wrote:Rory, Javan, Gwydo, Sethos:
It turns out that the Kobold family is having difficulty keeping the health of their elder members, whom they've carried since about halfway across the journey, warm and healthy out in the brisk late-winter weather. They are requesting permission to go into the ruin facility, if only a ways, to find shelter from the cold. They have just begun this discussion, and Gwydo is obviously upset about the situation.

Gwydo:
Spoiler:
Letting you post your thoughts / reaction to this, whenever you get a chance to do so, preferably soon.

Desperation and exhaustion clearly on his face, Gwydo speaks with the kobolds. "Look, I'm sorry. But the ruin are not safe. I realize you're used to dangerous underground area, but there is a magical aura within that we cannot allow anyone to be exposed to."
"If you'd like, being a paladin, I can provide some healing, and we can rent out a couple rooms at the inn for the most in need."
avatar
Gwydo

Posts : 525
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 39
Location : Oregon

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Rory on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:34 am

"That won't work. The Dwarves aren't letting people stay in town," Rory replied in sympathy. "Frankly, they don't have enough food or space for the people breaking over them in waves, and you know what happens if you let just one person in--the refugees get angry, and there's always a few people in a mob who act brash or try to play the hero."

When he turned to the Kobolds, he felt a pang of pity, recalling the first bill he went on with the group. "What exactly are we dealing with here?" he asked.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:25 am

Everyone At The Quarry:
The Kobolds chitter amongst themselves for a few minutes in Undercommon, but ultimately turn away. One of them gives your group a look almost fully devoid of emotion before they continue back up the path of the quarry, and out towards the surface grass.

Fierneceal is visibly pained. "That... did not feel good. And the best part is, thousands of people are going to be feeling just like that over the next few days. Because there just... the facilities, the food, the supplies..." she starts spazzing a bit as the totality of the situation hits her, again. "We don't have these things to give them. Nobody does!"

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Rory on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:34 am

"We can't get caught up in this," Rory said, trying to rally her, "not when when there's nothing we can do to help.

"But," he said, lowering his voice to a level out of the hearing range of anyone not part of his adventuring group, "Araiguna and Snarg are in trouble. Them we can help--well, maybe. Come on."
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:37 am

Everyone But Snarg & Araiguna:
Fierneceal goes to the door and concentrates for a moment. After a few seconds it seals quite shut, and fades into the quarry, as if there were no hallway there at all. "There," she breathes, still looking rather shaken. "Let's... see if we can't save the others from... from whatever their dilemma is."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:27 pm

Snarg:
Tomkin stares at you thoughtfully, clearly considering your words carefully as you spin your tale. "I do have one question, before I say anything else. You seemed to omit the point or method by which our first Elven friend, the one you say was killed by a spontaneous magical deluge of unknown origin, was looted down to his skivvies of all possessions and gold." Another scratch along one of his ears. "I am curious what you have to say about that."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:58 pm

"Snarg scratches his ear thoughtfully and squints in concentration. "Let me see ... we found the body ... I was checking to see if I recognized him ... looked like he was an adventurer ... our healer took a look at him ... told us how he died ... I started preparing to cover him to carry out ... then-oh." Grimacing a bit, Snarg looks sheepishly up at Tomkin. "Yeah, I know who took it. Kind of slipped my mind with everything going on and, well, I wasn't paying much attention to that for bit. I can get them back though - I promise. I'm sure if I ask they'll get returned."
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Snarg:
The Banderling stares at you with a degree of incredulity before shaking his head and deciding to let it go. "My personal feelings on looting the dead don't factor into this... unfortunately." One edge of his lip curls up slightly, but he composes himself. "You have the right by law to meet your accuser. Would you like to engage or wave this?"

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:12 pm

Snarg nods eagerly. "Yeah, yeah, I want to meet."
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Snarg:
The Ibrexi gives another low bow, then exits much the same way he did. There is silence for about 12 seconds when an odd, echoing voice whispers, "Are you sure you want to be translated out of here right now?" startling the hell out of both of you. In the corner part of the light distorts and another of the Hollows, the tall scarecrow looking men with odd hats, wavily steps into vision. "This circumstance seems suboptimal."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:21 pm

Snarg jumps, giving a small surprised yip. Looking everywhich way, he finally spots the Hollow in the corner. "Wha-oh! Uhm, do you have to do it right now? Can you, uh ... wait in the corner until we're finished? We really need to have this meeting."
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:28 pm

Snarg:
"Well yes I was trying to imply that we should wait." The tone from the creature is odd, like it's trying to emulate inflection and failing. On closer inspection you notice that this particular Hollow looks different then the last; he has a long, tall rectangular face mask has what looks like rough eyes and a mouth cut into it, and the stitched and bolted cloth surrounding his straw body seems to shimmer with magical energy you can feel even from here. "I can oblige, of course." The tone abruptly shifts completely to an utterly emotionless one. "Oh. Right. Protocal." Without warning it shifts right back to the mimicking attempt. "My name is--" what comes next is a violent sounding clash of sounds your throat could never hope to emulate "--but I know fleshmeats have trouble with that so you can call me by my designation. I am a Tumideon."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:38 pm

"Sub-optimal," Snarg furrows his brow again in concentration, "sub-optimal ... sub-opti- oh!" A look a revelation comes over him as breaks in to a wide grin grins. "Right, yes, I see! Thanks, Tumideon. I'm Snarg of Wildpaw, although I'm betting you already know that." He seems to look for a way to physically greet the Hollow and finally settles on an awkward half-bow. "If things start getting messy we might need to be getting out of here, but I'm aiming to clean that up. Although," he scratches his jaw, "they don't seem very friendly yet. Some people are pretty strange, huh?" He jerks his head, gesturing towards the closed door.
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Rory on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Rory and Fierneceal
Archengeia wrote:Fierneceal goes to the door and concentrates for a moment. After a few seconds it seals quite shut, and fades into the quarry, as if there were no hallway there at all. "There," she breathes, still looking rather shaken. "Let's... see if we can't save the others from... from whatever their dilemma is."
Satisfied with at least this, Rory took off east, with Fierneceal trying to keep pace, to set up camp in the forest on the border of Wildeash, looking for a discreet location. The next order of business would be finding a lookout spot in the trees to hide in. He grabbed ten weighty rocks of fairly decent weight but small size.
Survival 9:
Covering myself in dirt, branches, etc. and looking for a good tree to hide in.
Athletics 12:
Climbing said tree.
Stealth 7:
Hiding in said tree.


Last edited by Rory on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Gotta be literal here.)
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:01 pm

Snarg:
"I have very little interaction with meat that does not involve combat," the Tumideon admits. "That is why I was sent, actually, in case I were intercepted." A pause. "Incoming," and within a few seconds it fades back into invisibility.

Within seconds you hear footsteps again, much heavier then before. This time when the door swings open there is a tall, familiar looking Moarsman standing there, blinking at you with an expression you cannot discern on his rough-hewn face. Unlike the Order Ibrexi, he asks the guard to stay in the room with him. There is a fairly long and awkward pause, as it becomes clear he does not know what to say.

Rory:
Fierneceal temporarily left behind some distance west to setup and tend a proper camp, you head east and manage to find an excellent tree within visual range of Wildeash.

You feel like you do a pretty good job of giving yourself a disguise, such as it is. Anyone really looking would probably spot you eventually, but the tree you find has just begun to grow leaves again and there is a thick canopy within that gives you excellent cover. You manage to slip in without any shouts or other indications that anyone spotted you climbing up into it.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Snarg glances awkwardly around the room as he waits for the Moarsman to speak. After it becomes apparent that he will not, Snarg clears his throat and takes the initiative. "Scargil of Pallidtone, good to meet you again. I hoped we'd be able to eventually sit down yesterday at a nice inn to talk about this, but it seemed like this was about the only way I was going to be able to speak with you again. It seems we had a bit of a misunderstanding back there." Chewing on his nail, Snarg seems to consider his next words for several seconds before speaking again. "I'm not too ... sure what to think of this. I don't really know where all of this talk about cults and assassinations got started, but as I explained to Tomkin of Striker, that's really not what's going on here. I wouldn't be in here willingly if that was happening - promise. You can ask the guards and they'll tell you I came willing in."

"Sorry if you got spooked by what happened in the ruins after the fight. I'm not really sure how that fight even started yet, but I do know what came of it. It looks like there was some hasty decision making done there and I'm sure it'll be answered for," Snarg shoots a glance down at Araiguna.

"I came here to try and make amends for what happened and to promise you there's no one out to get you. I'm really doing my best to help you get what's yours back and to clear all of this up for everyone. You're still welcome to take a look around the..." Snarg pauses at raises his eyebrow at the guard before glancing back to Scargil, "...artifacts in the ruins; with whoever you want with you of course. My offer is still standing. I guess you probably didn't appreciate not having your hands, but I was a bit worried we'd have another fight if you saw the Mite again."

"So, let's get this sorted out for the good of everyone, hm? What do you say? Can I work with you to clear this up and handle what's in the ruins?"
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Rory:
After a few minutes of getting yourself situated you look at the city beyond. Even from here the patrols are obvious but, interestingly enough, there are a fairly large number of refugees at several points which seem to be having discussions with soldiers and Order members both. You cannot tell the gist of the conversations from here. There is no sign of Snarg, Araiguna, or anyone else.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Snarg:
There is a fairly pregnant pause as the Moarsman looks at Snarg with some incredulity, his eyes occasionally blinking towards Araiguna. "You do realize that, as a direct result of him," he points towards Araiguna, "my friend is now dead, yes?" His tone is low and calm, but cold.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:11 pm

Snarg remains silent as he sadly looks down to the floor for a long while. When his looks up again, he can't seem to meet Scargil's gaze, instead focusing on his shoulder. "I know ... I know... there's no way I can change what happened. I know you want justice. You don't have any reason to believe me, but I do know what it's like to have a friend killed in front of you - without reason - while you're forced to watch it happen. It's the hardest thing you'll ever experience and the feeling ... the urge you get is overwhelming. You won't rest until whoever was responsible is brought to justice."

"I know you have a great understanding of the elements so you'll know about the trials of the elemental temples. When I was in my first elemental trial, I saw firsthand what it was like as my clan leader and new friend were unjustly torn apart and killed in front of me. I was more angry than I'd ever felt before and I swore justice on the one who had done it. Even the elements spoke out and scolded me for what I was doing. You know what it brought me on this plane? Nothing except rage. Although it was just a vision of things that could come, its affected me ever since I stepped out of that temple. None of it in a good way."

"Although I've only known him for a brief time, I do think of Araiguna as my friend too. He's fought for me before - I do owe him loyalty. I am trying to protect him even though he's done wrong." Finally meeting Scargil's gaze, Snarg looks determinedly in to his eyes. "You and I know no one wanted any death to happen, but mistakes were made and it did. We can't turn back time and change it. If you really do want to go through with this, I won't stop you. Everyone will be worse off for it, but it'll be finished."
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:32 am

Snarg & Araiguna:
Scargil stares at Snarg for a very, very long time, deep in thought. After a moment he makes a gesture at the guard, who then leaves with some hesitation. Scargil croaks out in low, dull Undercommon, "I... can't let this pass without incident. I just cannot. But there is one thing I need to know." He pauses as he considers his words. "You approached me in such a fashion that you seemed a madman. Speaking words of poison against a group that has helped the world to retain its sanity when it seems none is left within it. Acting in defense of a vile creature that barely seems fit to call itself a person. And then all this... even coming to chase after me when I fled?" He shakes his head. "I see no sense in you, but I am beginning to think we are simply different. So I am going to give you exactly one chance to tell me why it is you think the Order is in opposition to you, and to explain what you are going to do with ... that."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:59 am

Snarg sighs and leans against the fence. "I know it seems insane. I can't blame you for thinking that. There's a lot of good people in the Order and I don't doubt they want to do good as a whole."

Pushing off the fence, he paces back and forth, head bowed to the ground as he tells another tale. "There was a group that used to be part of the Order - special ops wing. Pretty new, but had a few missions under their belt. Everything seemed to be going fairly well until they involved in a little incident out in Al-Korinth while on a routine mission. Maybe you've heard of this? Fort Bleached Bones was destroyed there a bit ago. The ones responsible were branded 'Order traitors' and war criminals, even though they had nothing to do with it," he jabs a thumb at himself, "as you probably guessed, you're looking at one of that group. That's a tale for another time, but long story short, they covered up the real terrorist who had admitted to his allegiance. If the truth about that got out, it would have looked pretty bad for the nation he was claiming he was a part of. Really bad. We didn't know about this until someone actually told us and we saw our faces on the wanted posters in Holtburg. We found that we were already stripped of our Order ranks, pay, and any other connections we had."

Snarg presses his face up against the fence, his lip twtiching in to a slight snarl. "They ruined our lives ... all to save political face. Just because we happened to be there. Easy scapegoat! No one thought to ask twice. After all, why distrust the Order?"

Snorting and turning away, he looks down at Araiguna as he continues on. "That's why everyone you'll meet in our group takes a bit of pause when dealing with the Order - especially with something this large. I trust the local Order mage down the street as much as they next guy, but there's no telling what will happen if we reveal something of this ... scale. That's not something that stays with the local mages." Turning around, Snarg faces Scargil again. "It's not that I'm scared about what they'll do to us - I'm scared of what will happen to everyone if the wrong people get their hands on it. If you asked me to take this to the Order a month ago, I would without looking back. Now that I know there's people pulling the strings who're willing to frame innocents for politics, how can I trust them?"

"So ... what to ultimately do with that? It's a spark that'll create a forest fire if the wrong people get their hands on it, which would be all too easy to do with the conflict that's happening right now. Every nation would love to add it to their army; there are new warlords all around us who'd be all too willing to get their hands on it; plus a couple of other factions who'd make use of it too ... the wrong kind. if it was up to me, I'd dismantle it now, but I doubt many would listen to a Gnoll on what to do with an artifact like that. I've got the same problem I've got with a few other topics too." Snarg scratches his chin and thinks. "Actually, most things now that I think about it."

"Now you know why we've got a bit of a different mind than usual about the Order. As for what you'll ultimately decide to do with Araiguna, do whatever you decide to me instead of him. I've offered the same deal to a Grievver - there's nothing you'd require I won't agree to. Please, I don't care what it is. I don't want to the group to lose any more members ... I couldn't stop it last time ... I want to make it up now."
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum