February 20th:

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:49 pm

Hanuel takes a seat, breathing a sigh of exhaustion. "We just can't seem to keep ourselves out of trouble for long can we?"
avatar
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Posts : 738
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 25

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Zeiss on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Zeiss stays silent for a few seconds, unsure if he should believe what Snarg just said to him. But he seemed to be sincere.

"Let's hope he never talks about it then."
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Rory on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:13 pm

"You risked your necks, charging out there like that," Rory commented. "I don't think I would have done it, but if you hadn't, half of us would probably be under arrest, being interrogated right now, or worse."

"Speaking of, why'd they let Araiguna go?" he asked. "Where I come from, we pass a sentence when someone's found guilty."
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:35 pm

"He's not free. I'm his guard."
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Rory on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:51 pm

A moment of silenced passed, and the corners of Rory's mouth began to turn downward impishly as he held back from grinning ear to ear. He caved in the end, giving into an amused chuckle, and said corners turned up as he relinquished resistance to the grin.
Spoiler:
Allowing an opportunity to respond before I comment/ask about the terms and circumstances
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:45 am

"I know," Snarg acknowledges drearily as he trudge on.
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Rory on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:52 am

Noticing the lack of indignation in the response, Rory wiped the smile off his own face, easier to do now that he had gotten the laugh out. "So, what were the terms you agreed on in this horrible turn of events?" he asked, emphasizing a bit of sarcasm at the end of the question.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:13 pm

Snarg's only response is something in-between a sigh and a low growl.
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:16 pm

The group returns to the Marblebush are at around 11 at night.  The incoming waves of refugees have, finally, started to trickle down to the point where you don't see one every five feet, though if you glance around there are thousands of pinpricks of light for each campfire set amidst the roads, wilderness, and otherwise throughout the province, and you are left with the mental image of the entire kingdom now filled with this overflow of people.

Spoiler:
Not entirely sure if you went to the Quarry directly or to the town, feel free to clarify.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Rory on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Away from the ears of any outsiders, Rory approached Zeiss. "You couldn't have gotten here soon enough," he sighed. "You have that 'soul door' ready to go?"
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Zeiss on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Zeiss explained to the others on their way to Marblebush that he planned to have a soul door seal the entrance to the ruins. Rory came to ask about it. Still distracted by the many refugees they could see around them, Zeiss responded :

"That's a question we should ask to the archweaver I brought. She should be at the inn with the others."

Zeiss rides his horse to the inn, thinking it would be safer to start weaving the door as soon as possible. Probably tomorrow, since Fierneceal looks so tired.


Last edited by Zeiss on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Shuffling back in to the quarry, Snarg collapses near the entrance after setting up a makeshift camp. "Stay close, Araiguna," he orders, "from now on until I hear so, you're not getting out of my sight." He rolls over on the ground after securing his belongings and falls asleep.

Spoiler:
Going to the quarry. Unless something vital is going on, sleeping, since I imagine I'm about exhausted.
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Snarg:
As you are setting up your quick, threadbare camp, without much in the way of word or comment three other Gnolls sidle up beside you, plopping down near your camp.  From the looks of it they've been on their feet for a long time, possibly days, and you recognize the markings on their fur instantly; they're Wildpaw.  One of them nods appreciatively at you for the spot to rest.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:39 pm

Snarg finishes securing the canvas as a larger, secondary tent, brings out several extra blankets, and gestures for the other Wildpaw to help themselves to it. He takes out rations for the three other Wildpaw and himself and offers a seat for everyone. By this point, he has fetched Zipar from the ruins, who is currently gnawing and pulling on Snarg's hand. He absentmindedly plays the game of game of tug-of-war with him as he speaks to the other Wildpaw:

Undercommon
Spoiler:
"I don't have much food or gold, but it will be enough for tonight. You're welcome at my camp as long as it stays up. My name is Snarg of Wildpaw and I am originally from Stonehold, but my tribe had left to find a new home before the attack happened. If you do not mind, tell me what you've been through and what happened. The attack seems must worse than I heard for the amount of people that are here. Even with so many people here I don't see the Centaurs. Did they leave before the attack or head somewhere else rather than come to Aluvia? 

If you don't feel like thinking about what you've experienced, just relax here. I'm sure you've been through a lot."
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Zeiss on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 pm

When Zeiss sees Snarg going for the quarry, an idea pops into his mind. He brings his horse to the stables then goes to the inn to meet his companions. He tells them he wants to search the ruins for another entrance than the one they found.

"If you want to come, just do so. It would be better to seal the current entrance and weave the Soul door at another."

He leaves the inn for the quarry.

To players:
Anyone who want to come can. I would like Fier to come just to open the door.


Last edited by Zeiss on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Snarg:
Undercommon:
Spoiler:
"Hah... what happened?  I'll tell ya what happened," one of the older looking females begins sourly.  "One part airship, one part surprise attack, two parts screaming populace."  She snarls, anger coloring her tone, but you recognize that it is not directed at you.  "What do you think happened?  They didn't even land troops until we were already out of the village."

"You're forgetting the Centaurs," a younger male Gnoll mutters.

"I was getting to the Centaurs!" she hisses back, again clearly on edge.  The more you look at her the more you start to get the impression she's standing on hot coals... barely capable of sitting still despite her clear need for rest.  "You know how it is up there, Centaurs were the most militiant of all the races, always have been.  They ..." she suddenly stops, her voice caught in her throat as the totality of it hits her in the middle of the sentence despite her efforts.  "They didn't run," she chokes out.  "None of 'em.  We're--well we're not sure... yeah."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Hanuel wanders somewhat aimlessly through the crowd of refugees, a sad and almost lost look in their eyes. "So many people..." The words come out barely above a breath.
avatar
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Posts : 738
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 25

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Hanuel:
Spoiler:
As you and Dara have been moving through the crowds, every one in a few hundred or so you spy something that makes you twitch and cringe just a little bit more each one you spot; Desolates.  More then you have ever seen in your entire life.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Rory on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:28 pm

After a moment of pondering the door, Rory realized one of the group was missing. "Hang on, has anybody seen Z?'
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:44 pm

Undercommon
Spoiler:

"All of them?!? No, Sho and Naverre didn't ... they can't have..."
Snarg gapes in a mixture of shock and rage. 

Undercommon
Spoiler:
"They all stayed and were..."
He snarls and spits to the side on the ground. 

Undercommon
Spoiler:
"It's disgusting! There's no reason Sho and Naverre can ever give to explain what they've done! They've ruined countless lives and for what?!?"

At this point, his upper lip has moved in to a snarl, complete with bared teeth. He fumes for several seconds before shaking his head and relaxing.

Undercommon
Spoiler:
"Sorry, this is just so ... I can't ... I don't know what we're going to do."
Unclenching one of his hands, he examines the jerky that has now been squeezed in to fine bits. Sighing and shivering, he begins lapping up the bits with his tongue as he stares in to the fire. 

Undercommon
Spoiler:
"I don't have any land or possessions I could possibly give you expect for what you see right here. If you need anything - take it."


Last edited by Snarg of Wildpaw on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:44 pm

Hanuel's fist clenched, unable to shake the feeling of the Desolates around them, the faces of the refugees blurring in their mind. Pushing away from the crowd, Hanuel began to search for someone they knew, not certain who they might bump into in the crowd.
avatar
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Posts : 738
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 25

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Z on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:49 pm

*Z flips on her now far more deceptive cloak ( Razz) and heads out following Zeiss.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:04 am

Hanuel:
As you push through the group, the weight of the negative energy weighing down upon you, you blink in shock as you see there is a Fairy up ahead.  A few seconds later you realize you recognize him; Ohanko, a member of the Zefirs you met once shortly after being birthed who was skilled in trade agreements.  Something, however, is utterly wrong with him right now; he is actually screaming outright, raging at a Kobold that you can see from here is a Desolate, and he is making strangled noises that probably is supposed to be speech but doesn't equate.  He is actively beating on the weakened Kobold, who clearly does not have the strength to resist, and only some of the nearby others are even slowing, let alone taking notice.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Rory on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:13 am

When Rory caught sight of Z, his eyes narrowed and a frown line on one side of his face showed, marring the symmetry in his face. As soon as she entered speaking range, he approached near an area where she would walk past to get her attention. "Where have you been? Can't you read Common?" he bristled, calmly but rumbling. "Are you a blind old bat hiding behind the figure of a little girl, or should I have written in all uppercase to convey the urgency of the matter?"
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:15 am

Hanuel's eyes snap from Ohanko to the Kobold, the scene sharpening their mind. On instinct, swept up in the apathy of the swarm of people, Hanuel half turns away from them, before the memory of a small Troll baby flashes in their mind.

Spinning back to face them sharply, Hanuel steps forward purposefully, Dara beside them. They reach out simultaneously, each grabbing one of Ohanko's arms by the wrists.

Fey:
"Is this how the Zefirs treat the weakened and injured now, Ohanko!?"
avatar
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Posts : 738
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 25

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum