February 20th:

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Z on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:02 am

*Z snorts at you.*

"Like that would fool anyone."

*At this point Dara is butting the two of us alternately in the bum pushing us in the direction of Hanuel.*

"Okay okay Dara, here give me a lift it will go faster that way.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Rory on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:07 am

"I dunno, 'bout that," Rory continued. "Did you get that Elf-potion or whatever yet? If we got caught, you could pose as my eccentric cousin. Sing loopy songs an all that. I can tell 'em you got it from your deaf grandmother."
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:10 am

Undercommon
Snarg nods in understanding at the elder Gnoll.
Spoiler:
"Actually, lately I've been doing anything but fighting; physically anyway. You could say I'm more of a scout, although I've seen my fair share of action. Even lost an arm once, but I got better. I don't have any boss, I'm in it for myself and my tribe led by Gnawbone; maybe you've heard of him." He looks around the camp and lowers his voice before continuing on. "Been scouting out locations for our tribe to settle down since we've been on the move for a while in Naverre. I've been talking with an Aluvian higher-up about some settlement land up near the Crater. You're welcome to come, but I ... don't know if that's going to happen now that all this is going on, but I'll still push for it."

Clapping his hands together, Snarg grins for the first time that day. "Ah! I know! I might have a way to get you a little help in the meantime. I've been somewhat involved in helping some people put together a new Undermarket hub called the Exchange. I'm sure you're familiar with how the Undermarket worked before so you'll know what you're getting involved in. If you're interested, I can put in a recommendation for you. I can't promise anything will happen, but it's something. There's others around here that've sprung up to try and take the Undermarket's place. I'm sure they're looking for hired help and I know a couple of them have been expanding quickly. Sorry if you don't really want to be involved in something like that, but it's about the only places I've been dealing with lately. So! If you'll let me know your talents, anything from combat to magic to cooking, I'll see what I can do."

Spoiler:
I'll describe to them the different employers we've met in the past few cities and who to talk to.

Spoiler:
Just for info, can I tell what elemental affinities they are? Do any of them have any obvious physical ailments right now? Sick, hurt, etc?
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Zeiss on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:25 am

Zeiss appears at Snarg's camp. He nods at him, then asks Fierneceal to open the entrance of the ruins for him and and then close it after he got through.

To Arch:
Fierneceal can come if she wants. And give me the ability of using scionic technology if she wants. Zeiss is gonna use his 30 meters ring of light and will try to find other entrances. He will use some of his paper to draw a map of this place. He will be careful not to approach any Tusker-transforming device. He will do his search until four in the morning. After which he will go to sleep for four hours. I will also use every rolls that can be useful.

Engineering, politics, etc. I want to know everything I can learn that hints at the origin of this place, how it works. where things are.


Last edited by Zeiss on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Z on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:38 am

"Yeah I've got your ears around here somewhere, but you'll have to talk to the Archmagess if you want to know how they work."

*She rummages around in her pack before pulling out a (item to be determined by GM) and hands it to Rory.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:14 am

Spoiler:
Just a reminder, it's PAST 11 PM now.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Gwydo on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:25 am

Upon getting back to town, Gwydo immediately goes to the inn and goes back to sleep.
Sleeping:
The Gwydo you have reached is temporarily unavailable, disconnected or no longer in service. If you feel you have reached this snoring in error, please check your connection (i.e. try shaking him harder) and try again later.
avatar
Gwydo

Posts : 525
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 39
Location : Oregon

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Zeiss on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:59 am

Spoiler:
Yup, I know.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:43 pm

Snarg:
Undercommon:

Spoiler:

"Hah!  That peace-loving beatnick?" the Gnoll elder male laughs, though he is slapped upside the head by the female.

"We can't really make fun at this point, can we?" she barks irritably.  She turns to you and, with only a slight bit of sarcasm, says, "Sorry, Gnawbone wasn't exactly well liked.  So!"  She quickly changes the subject.  "Talents.  Yes.  Well, I'm pretty good with a bow," she points her thumb to the older male, "He's good with an axe, and the little one there," another gesture, "is getting pretty good with his bare fists.  Brawler, that one," she smiles, proudly.

Spoiler:
The female is Earth, the elder male is Dark, and the younger male who hasn't said much is Water.  The only ailment they have at the moment is hunger and fatigue, near as you can see.

Zeiss:
Spoiler:


You successfully roll Fortitude to stay awake, for now.  Each hour will require another roll though so you only get one hour of results for now.
Fierneceal is, after some effort, dragged to the entrance.  In her sleep-deprived state she opens it without really thinking about it, then leaves to head to town with the others to get some much needed rest.  Fortunately your light does not wake most of the nearby refugees, though several peer after you and the hallway curiously.
You spend one hour examining as much of the facility as you can, which is to say, a mere fraction of it.  You do not see any devices you recognize as you go past the more mundane and basic things, for example you do find the barracks where there is bunk and bedding, and similarly you also find a rest facility which is currently powered off but looks like something of a self-maintaining garden.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Zeiss on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Zeiss examines the barrack section. He tries to find how many people were sleeping in this facility. And also if any of their belongings remains.

Spoiler:
Knowledge rolls if needed.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:55 pm

Zeiss:
Near as you can tell this was one barracks of several, but this particular area likely housed about a thousand people.  Nothing other then dust and debris remains of what they used to be.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Zeiss on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:01 pm

Zeiss changes his plan. He feels very tired and thinks he should sleep a little. He prepares his bedroll to sleep in the garden until five in the morning, but finishes drawing his rudimentary map first.

"Meee!"

Rainbow seems to be asking for some food. Zeiss feeds her and go to bed.


Last edited by Zeiss on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Araiguna on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Araiguna was fairly frustrated with the outcome of the trial. so seeing as it was so late decided to get some sleep and see how he felt in the morning.
avatar
Araiguna

Posts : 290
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 23
Location : Massachusetts

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:36 pm

Undecommon
Spoiler:
"Right, right, let's see here..." Snarg grabs some dirt and makes several markings on his pack. "That'll remind me in the morning to get you something written up. I'll need to see our resident Lycan to get some writing materials for that, but I'll make sure you don't leave without a recommendation."

Yawning mightily, he makes a wide stretching motion and rubs his eyes. "Oooffhhh... I think we all need to get some sleep. We've all been quite a ways. Unless you've got something else you want to discuss, I need to get some shuteye before tomorrow. Wake me if you need anything." Snarg turns around several times in place before finally settling down in his sleeping place, armor and all. He takes several deep sighs as his tongue makes its way out the side of his mouth. Zipar seems to consider biting his tongue for a moment, but decides against it and curls up on top of him.
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Rory on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Rory watched appalled as Fierneceal left for town. Interpreting that and Snarg's abrupt rest as blatant disregard for the threat his own condition imposed, he almost curled up on the spot and slept to allow the Tusker to remind them. Wishing to avoid rousing suspicion in Snarg's camp companions, he rushed to the town's inn to find Fierneceal.

At the inn, he looked for Fierneceal's room and entered without admission. After closing the door behind him, he attempted to wake her. "Fierneceal. FIERNECEAL. Get up."
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:03 pm

Rory:
Fierneceal blinks sleepily up at him.  "Yes... wha... huh?"  She is clearly barely conscious.  "What's in the puddin pop, ma..."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Rory on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Rory just about lost face. "Tusker Surprise," he smirked.

"Sorry, but Snarg decided to entertain some refugees and went to sleep in their company," he continued, putting on a serious face again, "and I didn't want to wake him in case they got nosy. So...I dunno, do you mind if we do this here?"
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:14 pm

Rory:
It takes her almost a solid minute of blinking at you before you see understanding hit her eyes.  "Oh! Yes no uhm okay sure.  I've got ya, let me... uh.  Yeah, no problem."  With that she closes her eyes, and you pass into unconsciousness.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Rory on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Just as he felt his confused mind failing when he was taken by surprise, and before his knees touched the ground, Rory barely had time to wonder if it had happened this way the first time.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Z on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:53 am

*Z apparently went off with Dara on her own to go rescue Hanuel.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:05 am

Spoiler:
The only people who should still be using this thread are Hanuel and Z.  And... me of course.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Z on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:07 pm

*Z comes riding into the clearing on Dara, to find Hanuel shaking a fairy bound at the wrist and ankle vigorously.  The fairy is cursing and throwing threats at him.*

"...."

*She stares at this for a minute or two until Dara nudges her hard in the shoulder.*

"So... last I checked shaking raving lunatics only makes brain damage worse..."
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:10 pm

Hanuel looks up at you helplessly as Dara circles around the raving lunatic.  "I've been trying to talk to him... he's someone I knew from back at the Academy.  But he hasn't responded to anything, I'm not even positive my presence registers to him past something to kill."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Z on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:30 pm

*Z moves in between Hanuel and the other fairy.  Pulls back a hand and slaps the fairy hard against the face, leaving a bright red mark there.*

"Would you stop throwing threats around that you can't back up for a moment and let me talk without having to listen to your pathetic voice?"
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Archengeia on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:42 pm

The Fairy, to your lack of surprise, gives absolutely no reaction to you other then to continue screaming incoherently at you, struggling against his bonds ineffectually.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 20th:

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum