February 21st:

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:06 pm

The morning brings with it overcast skies and a grey pallor over the plains, quarry, and town, faint rumblings of thunder occasionally breaking the silence in the distance.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Kolson on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Kolson awakens after working on Z's teapot and cloak long into the night. He takes his time bathing and eating his breakfast but is soon trudging back up to his room to work on the next batch of items. Which he does around 10:33a.

For anyone who may try to talk to him, he keeps his answers short and minimal, as his mind is very much on Weaving calculations and the Arcane laws that govern them.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:41 pm

"Urrgggh," Snarg groans as he turns over sharply, getting a faceful of flaming tail as he goes. Spitting a couple of times, he waves it out of his face and sits up. Blinking a couple of times, he finally stands and begins tearing down his accommodations, but leaving the rest area for the other Wildpaw. "I'll be back with your letter in just a bit," he says to the others in his camp. Hosting up his pack on to his back, he makes heads off towards the town. Zipzar hops up on to the pack, bites at Snarg's ear, and receives some chow and scratching for his efforts.

Spoiler:
This is the part where I find Tabran and get him to weave the quill that was mentioned in the weaving thread. Also getting some parchment and ink while in town.
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Rory on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Upon waking, Rory ate some of his travel rations, drank a bottle of mead and informed Fierneceal that he would be waiting at the secret door, but after going out to the nearby river to wash up first. "We got another long day ahead of us," he commented. "I swear, if I see something at least halfway decent in value, I'm pocketing it and selling it later. Gods know I need the money."

After bathing in the river Rory decided to write in his journal outside for a change, giving into the nature scene near the rushing water. He looked for a clear spot to write away from prying eyes and sat down, setting his inkwell down on an even patch of ground and cradling his journal in his offhand.

After about 45 minutes, he refilled on water and headed to the ruins, where he would join Fierneceal or wait for her.

Awareness 9:
Making sure nobody's peeking at my writing


Last edited by Rory on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Gwydo on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:21 pm

As dawn's light slowly creeps through the inn's window, Gwydo awakens. Stretching through muscle cramps and joint cracking, he sit sits up and feels the exhaustion of the previous day slipping away.
Getting up and donning his armor, Gwydo goes downstairs and buys himself breakfast.
avatar
Gwydo

Posts : 525
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 39
Location : Oregon

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:09 am

At roughly 7 AM, Z arrives on the outskirts of Wildeash to find it a carnival of people.  The people are still asleep for the most part, worn and wearied from their long journey, but there are so many of them the roads and streets are quite literally blanketed by Kobold, Mosswart, Gnoll, and Goblins to the point where one can't even see the pavement beneath.  You find yourself outside the town, pondering how to get past the unending throng of sleeping or resting people.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:25 am

*Checking on her 'passenger' and finding him still completely unconscious, Z leaves the wagon at the edge of town and begins making her way toward the Order post, stepping over, around, and more frequently than she would like to on the people camping in the streets.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:13 am

Z:
Fortunately your prisoner does not awaken, as you make your way towards the smaller Order post that is nearer.  It is very difficult to approach, to your astonishment, as there are even higher concentrations of refugees here.  And, shockingly, the outer gate to the building is shut.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Permeus (tabran) on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:24 am

Tabran greats Snarg and after hearing what it is the snarg wanted weaving grabs a quill parchment and ink then makes a list of mats for the new quill.

mats needed
quill
ink
small bit of silver

then proceed to weave the quill (small silver tip with veins of silver running along the shaft of a scarlet feather 9inch in length)

Spoiler:
if snarg would like it to look different just say, as i wright down how i plan to weave an item to get the image in my head before i start work on it.
avatar
Permeus (tabran)

Posts : 1027
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:26 pm

Spoiler:
That sounds like a fine look to me.
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:56 pm

*Z comes up to the closed gate into the building area.  Cursing, she looks around for someone guarding the entryway or some other way in, loath to go yelling to get someone inside's attention and wake the refugees.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:29 pm

Z:
There are no guards that you can see outside right now.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:34 pm

*Some of the refugees around here were beginning to stir, whether due to his cursing or the blooming daylight one could not be sure.  He didn't want to disturb the exhausted refugee masses, but neither did he want that cannon ball of insanity of a fairy going loose on this populace, so he pulled back a fist and slammed it against the door calling out for an Order representative.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:40 pm

Z:
There is a bit of a pause before a very tired, discouraged sounding voice calls through the door, "We are out of food, room, and water.  The Order is still searching for ways to reinforce our stocks so we can help more of you.  I'm sorry."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:41 pm

"I'm not looking for food or room.  I've got a fairy who, well if he is to be saved it will have to be by someone more familiar in the arts of healing than I.  I'm sure you'll understand what's wrong with him, if you think back to the diversity of the refugees."
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 am

Z:
There's a long pause.  "I have no idea what you're talking about but we're out of medical supplies as well I'm afraid, and our White Mages are still resting from the previous day."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:44 am

*Z is clearly getting annoyed, calls out in a low hiss.*

"Look I have a fairy who isn't dealing who has gone insane from being exposed to desolate energies.  He is well past the point of logic and if nothing is done with him he will go around massacring innocents.  I don't think that's something either of us want.  So if you can get me someone to either restrain him until the healers can look at him or a healer to look at him, that would be greatly appreciated."


Last edited by Z on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:51 am

Z:
"Desolates?!  Get that filth out of here unless you--"
There's a sudden loud sound, like a smack, and a pause.  Then the door opens and a tall Lugian is standing there, looking fatigued to the point of exhaustion, barely able to hold his eyes open, but staring at you.  "In."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:52 am

"Thank you."

*the words come out extremely strained, but with no less gratitude.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:06 am

Z:
You enter and find that they weren't kidding, the place is also packed to the brim with refugees, but these ones are the injured, sick, and dying.  The ones in most need of care, which makes sense in hindsight.  One of the Healers, looking ragged and wearied, is waved over and comes after finishing work on his patient.  "Yes?" he asks, probably sounding a bit harsher then intended.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:11 am

"I found this guy last night beating a Kolbold to death raving about desolates.  I've a bit of elemental knowledge, so I've noticed the hideous amount of them.  After trying to talk sense into this guy,"

*She finds an open patch of ground, the walkway, and drops the unconscious fairy rather unceremoniously, but still gently.  He was obviously heavy.*

"and receiving nothing but attacks and death threats in return, I bound him and knocked him unconscious.  This situation is clearly beyond my capabilities, so I brought him to you."

Spoiler:
rolls as necessary
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Araiguna on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:13 am

Araiguna wakes up, exactly with snarg fairly well rested. he then recalled the hordes of refugees that were swarming the city the other day and decided to try to convince snarg to see if they could aid the refugees to try to look good in the eyes of the courts. 

to snarg:
"Do you remember how many refugees there were yesterday? It would probably be beneficial to get this sentence to end sooner if we go and volunteer medical aid. its a win-win for us and the people of aluvia, I bet the lawyers and bureaucrats will take notice"
avatar
Araiguna

Posts : 290
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 23
Location : Massachusetts

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:19 am

Snarg looks slightly sour at Araiguna's suggestion. "I'm not against helping the refugees, but don't be doing it just to get a sorter sentence. Don't forget that I'm supposed to be writing reports on you. You really want me to put down what you just said on paper?"
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:19 am

Z:
The Healer waves vaguely.  "We'll look into it," then goes off to help another patient that looks like he's starved down to skin and bones and starts mending him while carefully, slowly feeding him soup.  You appear to be left alone for now.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Araiguna on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:21 am

Looking at snarg slightly puzzled,
"No, but I figured you would have wanted to be rid of this extra responsibility as soon as possible. I assume you're at least slightly frustrated that the circumstances are what they are."
avatar
Araiguna

Posts : 290
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 23
Location : Massachusetts

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum