February 21st:

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:21 am

*Z nods to the Lugian who gave her entry, checks the fairy's bindings to make sure they are still secure, and heads back toward the wagon.  This done she heads toward the ruins.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:34 am

"A letter a week is a small price to pay for not having your head chopped off. If I wasn't willing to do it I would have just said 'no'." Snarg stops and turns to Araiguna, giving him his full attention as he bends down and stares him straight in the eyes. "You do know how close you came to losing that head, yep? Maybe I don't want to rush you through this because I think you do need to learn something. This isn't a punishment for you - it's a chance to change."

Snarg gently turns Araiguna's head towards a nearby group of refugees. "Look at those people," he motions towards them, "they're from what used to be my home. They've got nothing and will probably have nothing for the rest of their lives. Lots are going to have problems dealing with what's happened and it's going to haunt them for the rest of their lives." He turns back to Araiguna and again looks him in the eyes. "No, I'm not frustrated with writing one letter a week. That's the least of my worries right now."
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:37 am

Z:
Spoiler:
As you are riding the wagon back you feel, at your back, a sudden, horrifying wave approaching.  As you turn you see it, physically see the wave of Fire Elemental Energy approaching.  You have only seconds to recognize the scope and size of it, and realize what you're looking at is an outburst of the Fire Ley Line itself, and will probably hit the entire world, before it hits you.  The impact itself is suddenly familiar as you recognize it from twice before; January 1st, and January 4th, but those weren't of Fire energy.  This one hits much harder; you are bodily lifted off your feet and carried by the shockwave like a wave, the energy of it feeling like it's disintegrating you as it carries you through the air.

Araiguna, Sethos, Snarg, Tabran, Gwydo:
Spoiler:
Without warning there is an unfortunately familiar, horrifying wave of nightmare and magical backlash that blows over you so powerfully it knocks you to the ground, eyes still blurred with the flare of magic blinding and deafening you for several minutes.  All your Mana goes down to 0.  You've felt this before, twice in fact, almost two months ago; massive magical backlashes that sparked tensions anew between Naverre and Sho, or whatever actually happened.  But this one is much stronger then those two.

Snarg:
This shockwave hits you even harder then the other people, or the previous two shockwaves including the one that nailed you during your battle on the fourth of January, and you recognize why for a few brief seconds before you pass unconscious; this one is of the Fire Element.

Rory:
Spoiler:
While at the quarry, waiting for Fierneceal, a wave of horrid revulsion sweeps over you, confusing you as you hear a few faint screams in the back of your head, though it fades just as quickly.  With all the weird things going on lately this barely registers at first until you realize that everyone around you is either holding their heads in pain, or has collapsed outright.  In all directions, you hear yelling, crying, screaming.

Kolson:
Spoiler:
In the midst of your Weaving you feel a violent, horrible rush of magical backlash pour over you like the entire force of a hurricane made present.  You recognize it, having felt it twice before, but as you were working with the Weaving arts and mentally connected with Magic it hits you even harder then usual and sends you physically flying through the wall, the next wall, and the wall after that, landing outside.  If it matters, you were were knocked westward.

Javan & Hanuel:
Spoiler:
As you are resting a violent upheavel of the Fire-Elemental Ley Line itself ricochets through your minds, bodies, and souls and vibrates you down to the core of your being, magically and physically.  You both pass out from the sheer mind-shattering shock of it.  Hanuel, your Green Mana plummets to 0, and Dara is eradicated by the shockwave.

Zeiss:
Spoiler:
As you have finished resting and continued examining the (massive) barracks facility there is a sudden loud, blaring klaxon that resounds throughout the entire facility.  It is nearly deafening, and you feel these waves of thoughts sweep over your brain that you do not understand nor fully realize, which by itself sends you to the ground with a massive headache.  You have a few seconds to collect yourself before the entire facility shudders violently, lights going on and off and every single instrument and tool in the entire facility rapidly turning on and off before suddenly the shockwave itself hits.  You recognize it somewhat, similar to one you've felt before, to one everyone felt before; two such shockwaves rocked the continent almost two months prior, but this one is much, much worse, and sends you flying into a steel wall.  The energy, however, does not move on, it continues bouncing back and forth throughout the facility, as though trapped within.  It quickly becomes entirely too much for your mind, soul, and self and you collapse to the ground, unconscious.


Last edited by Archengeia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:41 am

*As Z is carried off with wave of fire energy, the air is knocked out of her by the force of the wave hitting her, her cowl is thrown back, and her hair is falling down around her face in.  A look of shock and horror flowing across her face as the familiarity of this hits her and the overwhelming pain sears through her body, mind, and very essence.  With a horrified scream she finds herself on the ground behind the wave.*


Last edited by Z on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:46 am

Snarg screams out a loud yelp as he is blown backwards several meters by the backlash, hands clenching his head in pain. He hits the ground, rolling over several times before finally stopping in a motionless heap. Zipar flies off Snarg as he is thrown away, landing hard on his rump a little ways away from him. The orange lizard seems very confused by this sudden turn of events, doing little more than staring wide-eyed at the activity around him.
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Araiguna on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:59 am

Araiguna rushes over to snarg and attempts to heal him... ultimately failing miserably due to a lack of mana. he then looks around for raw materials to make a healing potion/drink of some kind. while he does this he ponders the question as to what may have caused such a magical backlash that knocked snarg back so much harder than himself.

rolls:
Spoiler:
survival: +5; knowledge: spellcraft +8; heal: +6
avatar
Araiguna

Posts : 290
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 23
Location : Massachusetts

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:09 am

Araiguna:
You find nothing nearby worthwhile to assist in your endeavors except some athelas which can slow the bleeding of Snarg's wounds.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Kolson on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:13 am

"Ugh," says Kolson, regaining consciousness on the ground outside the inn. Another backlash. Swell. Several of the inn folk are kneeling over him while Tia holds her brother down to keep him from moving. 

"Kolson! What hurts?"

"Legs and arms broken. Maybe something else," gasps Kolson, "Get Sethos. He'll know, urg, what to do."
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:15 am

*Z is on the ground watching the wave of energy as it sweeps toward the West, breathing quite heavily, she falls over onto her side curling into a ball for a few minutes before dragging herself into a standing position.  She hobbles over to the cart, looking over the horse flailing on its side, trying to determine if it has any broken limbs.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:20 am

Z:
There are no physical injuries on the horse but after about a minute it calms down and drags itself back to its feet, still attached to the ropes on the wagon.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:21 am

*Z spends a few minutes petting the horse, then climbs laboriously into the wagon and turns it toward Marblebush.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Araiguna on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:21 am

Araiguna takes the leaves and makes a bandage out of it, also making several to use later. and patches up snarg as best as he can.
avatar
Araiguna

Posts : 290
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 23
Location : Massachusetts

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Araiguna on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:26 am

Now that he has a little more time on his hands that are not frantically trying to heal snarg, Araiguna tries to ponder what just happened.

rolls:
Spoiler:
knowledge: spellcraft +8;
avatar
Araiguna

Posts : 290
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 23
Location : Massachusetts

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:32 am

Araiguna:
It is quite clear to you that what just occurred was a magical backlash of an Elemental Ley-Line being unleashed, similar to the events that happened on both the 1st and 4th of January.  Given how much those actions destabilized the entire world, you can only imagine what this one will do with everything teetering already.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:34 am

Kolson:
Sethos is nearby, and in much better shape then you, but when you ask for magical healing he can only shake his head.  His entire Mana reserve was tapped, depleted completely.  He does however manage to bandage some of your more obvious wounds, and carries you towards a local Dwarven Healer who can work on your broken bones.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Araiguna on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:45 am

It just so happens, that out while he was gathering herbs, there was a very large orange shaggy dog that looked horribly wounded much like snarg was. Araiguna then patched it up much the same way and did his best to drag it carefully back to camp where snarg was laying. This took considerable effort as the dog was a great deal times bigger than he was (probably big enough to ride). then waited for the big shaggy oaf to wake up. 

Stats:  (so far)

hit dice: 2d8+4 (hp: 35)
initiative: +2(dex)
speed: 50ft
AC: 14 (+2dex +2natural)
attacks: bite +3 melee
damage: 1d6+1
reach: 5ft
special: attacks: trip
special: qualities: scent
abilities:str 20 dex 17  con 15
          int 12 wis 9 cha 13
avatar
Araiguna

Posts : 290
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 23
Location : Massachusetts

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Gwydo on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:38 am

Blinking furiously to clear his eyes, and shaking his head to clear the ringing in his ears, Gwydo gets up and steps outside. Seeing the devastation and injuries the wave of destruction has caused, Gwydo gets to work providing what medical assistance he can. 
Rolls:
Not using magic, Heal +11 Concentration +7
Then seeing Sethos carrying Kolson away, Gwydo calls out: "Sethos! Wait up. Let me try something before you take him away."
Lay On Hands:
Since it doesn't require Mana, I'll use (as little) Lay On Hands as necessary to heal Kolson. Reserving as much as I can in case I encounter Snarg or Z for healing them as necessary.
avatar
Gwydo

Posts : 525
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 39
Location : Oregon

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Rory on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:40 am

Archengeia wrote:Rory:
Spoiler:
While at the quarry, waiting for Fierneceal, a wave of horrid revulsion sweeps over you, confusing you as you hear a few faint screams in the back of your head, though it fades just as quickly.  With all the weird things going on lately this barely registers at first until you realize that everyone around you is either holding their heads in pain, or has collapsed outright.  In all directions, you hear yelling, crying, screaming.
Turning away from them, Rory put on a glove and pulled out the orb he had with him. For a moment he froze up as he tried to make sense of what was going on, but pocketed it again. Unsettled by the sound, he couldn't stay there any longer. He walked stiffly at a brisk pace back towards town, nervous that someone might reach out to him and ask for help he couldn't give. He kept his gaze straight ahead in the direction of the inn while looking for anyone from the group.


Last edited by Rory on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : retconning the sprint.)
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Permeus (tabran) on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:41 pm

tab staggers to his feet shaking his head as if trying to dislodge somthing from his ears and goes to check on kolson in the next room.

"my god" tab says as he see's the hole in the wall still shaking his head as all he heard when he spoke was y od and a dull ringing sound.

tab quickly moves though the sevral holes in the wall to find Kolson, his sister and  sevral other people gathered around Kolson on the floor "you know im going to have to get Seth to show me a bit more about the healing art's but lets see if theres anything broken with you"

tab reachs for his mana to cast scan and blinks "errmm thats not good? im running on empty. well i guess it the old fashen way then"

tab does a heal check to see if kolson is hurt?
"then i think you should tell me what the walls said about your mum for you to do that to them?" tab says with a smile the hide the worry he was feeling.

my heal skill is +4
avatar
Permeus (tabran)

Posts : 1027
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:28 pm

Gwydo:
Spoiler:
After some thought I'm implementing a new rule; Lay on Hands can be used to cure a Major Wound if you utilize one half of your LoH points for your current level, rounded down, to do so.  Depending on the Wound some health may be regained as well.

Rory:
As you rush back you stop, startled, as something has caught your leg.  A quick glance back and down and you see a Dwarf, looking around desperately with eyes wide and unseeing.  "Please..." he's begging.  "Please bring the world back, please make the pain go away, please..." His voice is quiet, low, and despairing.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Rory on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Rory's mind tingled uncomfortably. He suddenly felt like he was surrounded by lepers. "W-what's wrong?" he asked as he gently pried at the man's grip.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Rory:
The Dwarf fumbles about with his legs and arm, but the one gripping your leg has not relinquished its grip.  "Fire... bright fire... can't see..."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Rory on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:42 pm

Seeing no injury, Rory ditched the politeness in his effort and applied as much force as needed to extricate himself from the delirious man's hold. "I don't know what you have, but it's not mundane or physical," he said. "I wish I could help you, but I don't know anything about the arcane. I'm sorry."
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Rory:
You are easily successful, pushing the man aside who continues to flail on the ground.  The time spent here has brought to your attention that he is not alone, there are several nearby who are equally in such straights and flailing on the ground, moaning or yelling.  You are reminded, vaguely, of the chaos when your home was disintegrating into the sea.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Rory on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Rory cursed quietly and began walking faster, further away from the suffering while avoiding anyone not lying on the ground or calling out in pain. He panned his gaze anxiously, trying to find a familiar face as he continued toward his destination: the inn.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum