February 21st:

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Rory on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:42 am

Rory stuttered inanely for a brief moment, stupefied by the sudden inquiry, until he uttered confusedly, "No...?? I haven't seen him..."
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:46 am

*Z wiggles and squirms till you drop her.  She lands on her feet, but wobbles horribly.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Rory on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:55 am

"He's not here, okay?" he reiterated, turning to the rest of the group. "Has anyone seen Snarg?"
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:04 am

*Z stops, looking around at the members of the group gathered here for the first time.  Fiernaceal unconscious head wrapped in a cloth. Gwydo, clearly exhausted leaning heavily on his hands to keep himself upright.  Sethos attempting to light his pipe, but his hands shaking making it difficult.  Kolson leaning on his sister, one of his arms broken looking like he got hit by a train.  She says almost almost to herself.*

"This one was of fire... the one before of water and the first was of earth..."

*She shakes her head.*

"This one was worse than the last two, what is happening to the world..."
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Rory on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:19 am

Rory looked at her with open ears. The inkling of a lead in her mind had him hot on the trail. "What other two? Are you talking about the exploding Ley Line?"
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:22 am

"This is the third backlash.  The first one was of Earth, the second of Water, and this one was of fire."

*She shivers.*

"We need to find Snarg.  The wave... the wave tried to devour me..."

*She tries to stand, but her left leg gives out on her.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:36 am

Gwydo grabs Z bodily and holds her up in his arms like a baby, easily carrying her weight.  "Rest, little one, rest.  We'll figure out what tore the world open... again... later."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Rory on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:40 am

"Goddammit, now this." Again with Snarg. He was upset by the fact that Z, having spent the night awake and in captivity, was incapable of staying conscious long enough to give him information they needed. And then there was Fierneceal, still babbling in the corner. He thought that one word she kept whispering sounded like a name he didn't want to hear at that time. He went near to her side to see how she was doing, hoping she was ready to speak clearer.

As he sat beside her bed, he listened first.


Last edited by Rory on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : poking the GM)
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:41 am

Snarg:
The world hazily, blurrily comes into focus as you hear strange sounds nearby.  Blinking uneasily you realize they are coming from a small Mite rushing around trying to catch a squirrel and failing at it, muttering about dinner.  You feel like you just got run over by a Tusker.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:47 am

Fierneceal has stopped talking, but that's because she's starting to breathe smoother and try to wet her dry mouth, coughing periodically.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:50 am

*Z throws a glare at Gwydo, but says nothing realizing that she isn't capable of standing herself.*

"What are you cursing at Rory?
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:52 am

"Ooohhhh, my head..." Snarg stirs and groans, making several slow false starts before finally coming up in to a sitting position. Zipar looks at him worriedly and forgoes the usual biting, instead nudging Snarg's arm, who slowly pats him on the head. Rubbing his eyes with one hand, he groggily surveys the surrounding area. "Wha... we got hit by that before, I know I've felt it. But this one was much stronger and more ... targeted. I'm glad it wasn't any stronger, otherwise... Araiguna, what are you... never mind. We've got to-" his eyes widen as he climbs unsteadily to his feet, "we've got to get to the others! If I got hit this hard there's no telling what-wait! Tell the others I'm going to the ruins!" Not waiting for a response, he digs in to the dirt and bounds off towards the ruins.

Spoiler:
Sensors ho.

Edit: Since I may not be on for a bit, here's my next actions:
Going to the ship and trying to use the sensors to find out precisely what's being done to the ley lines. Hoping to get some good info since one just went off. If I can't get anywhere because of the elemental energy, skipping to the next step if there's no quick way around it or to remove it. If I can help the refugees who were really scarred by the shockwave I'll do so. If it requires the airship or devices here to do that, so be it.

Next step: gather up with everyone and get a map. Mark out exactly what I was shown by The Warden on it and show it to everyone. Tell them about my conversation with it.


Last edited by Snarg of Wildpaw on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Snarg of Wildpaw

Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 29
Location : Marietta, GA

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Rory on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:56 am

"Not you, but obviously you can't be bothered," he murmured firmly. He got out a bottle of water and, while attempting to tilt Fierneceal's head a little to prevent choking or runoff, tried pouring some down her mouth.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:59 am

*Z shakes her head clearly confused.*

"What can't I be bothered with?"
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Rory on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:04 am

Rory tendered no response, instead paying more attention to Fierneceal and what it would take to get her moving or talking agian.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Kolson on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:07 am

"Leave him be, Z, and come talk to me for a bit; I have a question for you."
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:08 am

*Z sighs and leans back against Gwydo.*

"Fine," *she grumbles,* "I guess I can't be bothered."

*She closes her eyes, her whole body feels like it been pulverized.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:09 am

*She turns to Kolson.*

"Yes?"
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Kolson on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:13 am

He pitches his voice low so that the other folks in line can't easily hear what is said, "Something's been bothering me about all this and I want to compare notes. When the backlash hit what happened to you as best as you can recall?"
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:25 am

*Matches his volume.*

"It was of my affinity.  From what I've learned, each of the waves have been of a different affinity, Earth, Water, Fire.  When they hit someone of that affinity the reaction is MUCH stronger.  In my case... well I was outside and the force an power of it picked me up and carried me a ways... it ... felt like it was burning through me... dissolving me, not just my body... my very essence was dissapearing."

*She shakes her head, probably attempting to rid herself of the memory.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Archengeia on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:34 am

Snarg:
The quarry is, unsurprisingly, filled with injured refugees laying and moaning on the hard rock and dirt, some trying to help others.  It is clear some are in worse shape then others.

As you reach the doorway you reach out Scionically, just like Fierneceal taught you, opening it.  You aren't fully aware of what happened next as a horrifying wave of sound and light, echoed in on itself a dozen dozen times, soars straight out of the door directly into you, sending you flying back into the quarry wall with sufficient force to crack rock.  Araiguna, who followed you somewhat, hears both the sound and the crack.

Elsewhere:
Fierneceal and Z are both just beginning to come to when this strange echoing scream reverberates in the distance, like a banshee.  Both clutch their heads in pain, unable to block it out.

Even More Elsewhere:
Zeiss just now opened his eyes, with the strange realization that the screaming had been coming from his own throat, and it was so hoarse he was uncertain how long he'd been screaming.  He'd completely blacked out from the pain that never stopped nor ceased, trapped within the fortress and echoing back in on itself over and over until everything was a white haze.  Only now, with the blessed silence, can you unclench as every muscle in your body had been pulled taught.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Kolson on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:37 am

"Yeah, I got thrown through...how many walls was it Tia?"

"It was three, Kol."

The Red Mage's face turns pale for a second, but he pushes through, focusing on the problem at hand. "Three. Right. Anyway, I'm not the only one seeing a pattern..."

Z grabs her head in sudden pain, causing Tia to and Kolson to exclaim "Z" with great worry.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:38 am

*Z goes to respond to Kolson's wall bashing escapades, but stops just shy of getting a syllable out, grabbing her head and wailing in pain.  Gwydo's grip on her tightens as she thrashes in his arms.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Z on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:45 am

"STOP!!!!"

*Z screams back at the scream in her head.  Flames bursting into life at her fingertips.*
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Rory on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:49 am

Rory pulled the bottle away before more water could spill. He quickly caps the bottle and holds Fierneceal by her shoulders, just talking softly.

It was only when he saw the light from the fire that he turned his attention to Z. "Fuck me!" he yelled. Ignoring Fierneceal for a moment, he pulled out his knife and inched toward her. "Z, What are you doing? Put that fire out!"
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 27
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 21st:

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum