Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D&D Live Session Times, Going Forward: Discuss

+5
Essoje
Snarg of Wildpaw
Rory
Zeiss
Archengeia
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

D&D Live Session Times, Going Forward: Discuss - Page 2 Empty Re: D&D Live Session Times, Going Forward: Discuss

Post by Araiguna Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:27 am

I'm pretty much fine with anything as long as it matches up to my schedule. and considering i'm at least 13 hours ahead of most of you, that may prove to be difficult. anyway, I'm free pretty much one day of the weekend (the day varies week to week) and on tuesday and thursday anytime after 11am (tokyo time)
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

D&D Live Session Times, Going Forward: Discuss - Page 2 Empty Re: D&D Live Session Times, Going Forward: Discuss

Post by Rory Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:43 am

Hmm...that means you're 15 hours ahead of Arch, so...your 11am would be 2pm EST and 3pm CST. Mind un-boggled.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:28 am

actually, my 11am on a Tuesday would be 10pm EST Monday night, if that makes any sense at all.
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:52 pm

Sure, whatever. My Time Zone math is terrible.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:34 pm

mmm, ya so is mine. although I've been having to calculate the difference in times for some time now, so it's been made into a routine mental exercise for me. on another note: OMG ARCH CUT HIS HAIR!!!!! hahaha
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:15 pm

Archengeia wrote:I admittedly rather like using Ventrilo but here's my one, concrete reason why: We (that is to say, I) already have a server up and functional with admin access to, paid for and done so to speak.  So any alternative would have to be free in order to be worthwhile to me.

...so uhm, I did a brief amount of looking but not that much, are C3 or XFire or Voxox free?  Oh and addendum question: If free, are they a hassle to setup (also known as 'free')
XFire is free, and not difficult to set up.
It also supports group chat, individual chat and text messaging (one thing that Ventrillo was lacking if I remember correctly. It also has "Push to Talk" built into the settings.)

We (probably meaning you) might need to set up a group/clan (Community) for the group to all join for ease of adding as "friends". Then, when we start playing you'd start a group chat (create a room) for us to join.

The only thing I'm not sure of is: can it be set to invite/group members only. I'm assuming it can be, because NOT being able to do that would be flipping stupid, but.... I've never done it, so I can't confirm it.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:35 pm

If someone has a legitimate complaint with Ventrilo I'm okay with not using it, but otherwise I see no real reason to switch to a new system and set it up for, effectively, no reason. So if anyone has any genuine grievance please feel free to share.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:36 pm

I do not mind using Ventrilo.

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!! *falling from a building, hunting down butterflies who are fleeing*
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:41 pm

I'm fine with Ventrilo. Its not like I own a mic anyway. Smile
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Will ventrilo work with my laptop webcam mic?
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Ventrilo can and should work with any mic, if it doesn't then we must FIX IT!
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:28 am

Eugh, sure, add it to the list. Right behind our ploy to end world hunger with ancient technology.

My experience with ventrilo probably could be better, but shouldn't be much of a hindrance. I can always turn on Mr. Roboto if I need to get someone's attention.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:05 am

"doumo arigatou" to you too sir. hahaha
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:51 am

Yep. No problem with Ventrillo here. Just offered the XFire solution since you asked for possible substitutions.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:36 am

So Arch... since we will soon have a D&D session, I was wondering : did you decide at which time we will start?
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:53 pm

It looks like the absolute earliest everyone is available to get on is 6 PM EST, so I will be on and ready to go by then next Monday.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Okay, thank you Arch.

So, ARAIGUNA, here is your updated character sheet. You made a few mistakes in it and I corrected them when I was playing your character.

SHEET

There you go.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:25 am

Awesome. anyway, Monday night at 6pm (EST) is my Tuesday morning at 7am, i need to be at class by 8:40 so that will give me a maximum of 50 minutes to join you guys.
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:51 am

I suggest to everyone to read the summaries again.

BYE! *disappears in a cloud of butterflies*
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:20 am

May not be on tomorrow until very late, so see everyone on Monday night! Looking forward to it!
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:36 pm

Zeiss wrote:I suggest to everyone to read the summaries again.

BYE! *disappears in a cloud of butterflies*
No, and you can't make me mysterious magic man! Razz
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:44 pm

Well I'm pretty excited about starting again tomorrow. I'm certain that all the active players know exactly what they want to do going forward and have already decided on a plan of action, and the first session won't be debating the (nearly endless) possibilities without fruition.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:02 am

And miss out on weeks of open debate? Never! Razz

Seriously though, we actually did come up with a plan in Rory's thread.

1. Try to reacquire as many G-Coins as possible.
2. Get Javan to the temple so he can go full dragoon.
3. Travel to the nearest town with a teleport connection and take it back to Holtburg.

We'll see how much of this actually works. Very Happy
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:01 am

I know what I am planning to do. I just hope it can be done. Razz 
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2