Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

+2
K
Kolson
6 posters

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Kolson Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:00 pm

We'll be leveling in a session or two. I'm not one for mucking around at lower levels. I find them boring as a player and a GM. The downside of experience. Smile

Edit: I'm not sure if you guys still have the suit. Do you still have it Zeiss or did you sell it?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Rory Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:17 am

I was the first to make a claim, then I realized I didn't start with any armor proficiency, so I said screw it. What I thought was it was basically cut to ribbons for the sake of AC. Hmm, maybe I could fix it while we're in hyperspace, that is assuming Zeiss didn't sell it. Wouldn't surprise me. We can always pry the armor off the next cold, dead corpse of an enemy you sliced up.

Hmm, what if I could buy the necessary tools to set up my own repair station on the ship, and then repair any broken equipment we find during hyperspace, then sell it at our next destination? Now that's some entrepreneur spirit.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:32 am

I just cut it once, really. It shouldn't be in that bad a shape.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:31 am

I sold an armor a few sessions ago. Why would you assume I didn't sell it? Razz
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:00 pm

crap
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:36 am

@K Lol, oh well. I'm sure some asshole wearing armor will decide to throw him- or herself on your sword again. It is Star Wars after all. Or you can be lame and steal or buy some. Whichever.Ā RazzĀ 

@Rory Tools and a repair station are perfectly doable. You'll just need to have Hotwa (or another person with the facilities) do a bit of work on the ship. Just be prepared to pay and/or exchange favors for it.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:50 am

My sword awaits eagerly.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:00 pm

Bad news guys. Last minute personal stuff calls and I won't be home in time for the game. If I could put it off I would. Later gang.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:27 pm

A shame. Oh well, it gives me more time to polish my schemes.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:14 pm

Aww, and I just got back from just-announced-yesterday, physically demanding, day-long task! I guess the bright side is I don't have to worry about the slow gear-shift to the tabletop and RP mindset and putting you guys off for half an hour.

I will keep that in mind. I'll be sure to visit Hotwa to draft the plans and costs. This is a thing I can certainly afford the time to save up money as the method of payment.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:18 pm

K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:44 am

Hey guys, I have a dilemma I need to discuss with you. I've been invited to lunch on Thursday by my uncle. The town we are meeting in is a couple hours away and if I go I won't make it back in time for the session.

On the one hand, I'd really like to play our campaign. I've worked on it off and on for a while now and I'd like to get to it already, if you know what I mean.

On the other hand, I really haven't seen him in a long time, not since the funeral for my aunt really, and I would like to see him again.

Ideally I would do both, but we don't live in a perfect world and I'm honestly torn about the decision. Any thoughts or comments?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:28 am

I really want to do the campaign too, but family comes first. I can wait a while if you think you can make it back later or something.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:57 am

Family first. If you and your uncle are close and he wants to spend time with you after who knows how long, and it has something to do with reservations or an inflexible schedule on his part, be my guest.

If you guys can, Friday or Saturday, what do you say?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:59 am

I can manage that.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:58 pm

In fact it's good you brought this up because we are celebrating my niece's birthday tomorrow.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:06 am

Thanks for understanding guys. Looks like it worked out for the best anyway, eh Rory?

Anyway, I won't be available Friday or Saturday as I already have longstanding plans with some of my other friends. We'll try again next week. Smile
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:50 pm

Btw, guys, looks like Disney's making a show off our campaign.

Just saying.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:28 pm

We should get some royalties.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:17 pm

Dammit, really? Of course the first thing they make is a broad-demographic CG kids' movie.

We could expect Disney to go one of two ways with this license, and it looks like they've chosen to give us the finger.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm just ticked that they split Ominae into 2 characters.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:41 pm

Actually it's a broad-demographic CG kids TV show scheduled to premiere on the Disney Channel this fall. It's set 5 years before A New Hope so we still have 14 years to play with. So no worries about toe stepping and all that.

I have to say I'm curious how it will go. The Clone Wars started off as a silly kids show as well and it eventually matured into a quality show.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:06 pm

A show always starts on account of some exec wanting money, but it's the writers that carry it. We'll just have to wait and see.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:59 pm

That's so very true.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Remember two weeks ago, that tough task I was talking about? Oh nothing, justĀ stripping down the ceiling and walls, andĀ ripping up the carpet. In a basement bedroom of his mom's house 30 miles away in another city. And then throwing that shit away and sweeping up after our mess. Plus lunch. We left at 9 and got back at 5, and I made sure to inform him that I wanted to get back by 5 at the latest. Motivation+teamwork=dinner-at-home.

So now my old man wants me to help throw out some old junk in his mom's basement. A lot of junk has accumulated in said basement. He has decided "Thursday it is again!" and decided to inform me not 14-15 hours before we are likely to head off.

Probably not going to be as demanding or as time-consuming as the original job, but I'm just giving you guys a heads-up. I don't know what it is about me that makes people think "there, that's a strong kid!" I know I put my all into a given chore, but once I'm done I'm pooped for days!
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next