Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

+2
K
Kolson
6 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Rory Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:39 pm

The pronunciation people have been using. It throws the "H" out the window.

I could keep that pronunciation and change the spelling.

Czaeva'Rran'Sabosen
Core: Varrans
Basic: Varran

Also understanding jus how a Chiss name is made. Naming chiss is kinda difficult, I find. I love the idea of sticking to a last name as one of the four/five ruling families as chiss claim lineage from them, but You have to organize it so that the core name has a feasible pronunciation in Basic, and include then end of the first name and the front of the last name.

I'm throwing Qekav out anyway, I like Csaev/Csaeva better, the "Cs" harkens to his native homeland.

Need to work on a personal motivation for him, as well. He's as "chiss" culturally as they come, or at least the type the Ascendancy likes to portray themselves as. I keep running through my head the idea that he might run into Thrawn or the group will pass by him. He was exiled by circumstance, not by conviction of treason, or even conviction of any crime. If allowed to, he would rejoin the Ascendancy in a heartbeat, but the Ascendancy has an alliance with the "Republic" (now the Empire).
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by K Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:45 pm

I actually started by pronouncing the H, until i was told different.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:17 pm

It's "ar" as in "car". The other way reminds me of the space dogs from Mass Effect. It came up the first time we talked about it on Ventrilo, and if I have to keep correcting you then we can leave it the other way, but the "H" will have to go. It will look even more similar, but at this point I don't care if it does.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:24 pm

yeah, i always pronounced it with an open A too
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:48 am

No dice. You had plenty of time to finalize everything back on Coruscant and we are in the campaign proper now. As far as I'm concerned Vahrran's character is final and is not open to changes OOC outside of retraining for story purposes.

Now if you want to legally change his name or adopt an alias in-character then that's perfectly acceptable. But I'm not rewriting the history of the universe because you changed your mind about Vahrran's name on a whim.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17