Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

+2
K
Kolson
6 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Rory Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:45 pm

If you're confused about something K, you can ask me here.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by K Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:53 pm

I'm confused as to whether you really don't know what he meant by all knowledge of the traditional Jedi ways having become obsolete after the purge, or are just having your character play dumb.

If it's the former, i guess that's fine. If it's the latter, i honestly can't understand what you're trying to achieve.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:20 am

Oh relax.

So the Jedi tradition is no longer in use. Trying to understand this stuff doesn't serve to fulfill any purpose for Vahrran as it pertains to him, because he doesn't know he's a Force user and he can't teach anybody, and K already knows everything about it. This is the practical meaning.

Another meaning is that Ominae doesn't believe that, since the near-extinction and scattering of the Jedi, an understanding of the tradition doesn't have any personal significance in higher-thinking, or metacognitive value, after the fact.

If it helps, I'll edit the phrasing of Vahrran's question.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:49 am

I'm sorry I shouldn't tell you to relax I don't mean to make light of it this is some very tense roleplaying right now.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:13 am

I guess it'll help if you rephrase. But Rory, please have your character use some TACT (i mean, he's a PI, surely he has that skill). The one you made is not just the final straw in Omi's patience, it's more like uprooting the whole thing right out of the ground.

K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:12 pm

PS: I'm not saying this to be mean, i just genuinely don't know how to have Ominae respond positively to that. Even if he doesn't take it that you're mocking him, he'll most assuredly lose all patience for the conversation (if you can call it that, since he's been doing nothing but answering questions that touch on a very raw nerve right now). And i don't want to make that interaction go sour, which is why i haven't replied on that thread yet. So please, rephrase that if you can, or just close that pad and call it done or something. If you really want to see him react to what you said, i can do that, but i'd rather it not go there.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:19 pm

Okay. It's probably too early to talk casual. I don't really know what I was thinking trying this early, what with the responses I've come up with on a notepad document. So we'll have this go in a different direction.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:42 pm

Kolson, remind me again where we're headed? It's the coordinates of Dake's ship, are we going to another planet or somewhere else on Coruscant? Will we have time to do trade and stuff?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:47 pm

I'm pretty sure we're going to the StarForge, Rory. We have some details for a delivery there from Dake's lady friend (i can say her name, just not spell it) to some unknown client.

I think that's about it.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Yup, we're going to the Starforge because that's where Lorah went.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:47 pm

StarForge Station (not to be confused with the Star Forge from KotOR 1) is located in the StarForge Nebula in the Ado sector of the Mid Rim.

Check Q15 on this map for an idea where the Ado sector is in comparison with the rest of the galaxy: http://goo.gl/rDRR0t

It's a famous mobile shadowport constructed out of a small asteroid and the various derelict ships abandoned throughout the sector.

It was constructed some 20 years prior to the Clone Wars as a semi-legitimate base for the smuggler Muo Glandish. Unfortunately for him, he was killed in a minor kerfuffle with one of his colleagues before the station was complete and ownership of the station has changed hands many times since then.

The station itself offer 3 important services:

1. The buying and selling of almost anything on-station and anything at all as long as it is ship-to-ship, making it a popular stop for pirates, gangs, smugglers, assassins, rebels, and the various intelligence agencies active in the galaxy.

2. A fully functional ship yard capable of building ships from scratch (up to frigate size), repairing ships, and, most importantly, upgrading and modding ships.

3. A full-on neutral location for business and meetings. Hell, it becomes a popular meeting point for Anti-Empire groups after the Clone Wars, which, wouldn't ya know it, is exactly what you are.

It will take 3 days of hyperspace travel to make it to the station. I recommend refueling and repairing the ship while you are there.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:14 am

Hey Zeiss, guess what? It's your turn to face the blue face. Reply in Ship Converse.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:47 am

So Kolson, about these paintings. Can you describe them to me? I'd also like to check from a glance to tell if they were stolen.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4486290/

There's the link to the rolls. First, 1d20+5, is Knowledge: Galactic Lore(Untrained), unless you just want to create Knowledge...Art?? And the second is my Perception check.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:37 am

Galactic Lore is fine.

You have no idea if they were stolen but you do know they are fake. They are basically posters of such quality that they look like the real thing. They don't stand up to any real scrutiny though.

Painting 1: "Lakes"
Description: A facsimile of the famous painting of the lakes of Naboo by the artist Z Nahx. The interplay of light from the rising sun with the crystal blue lakes of Naboo has inspired countless sapients for over 900 years.
Why It's Fake: An Olthoi drinking tea has taken the place of the Young Naboo Woman in the boat of the 3rd lake.

Painting 2: "Primus in Twilight"
Description: A facsimile of the famous painting of the destruction of the planet Primus by the artist Arie Nghe'Cra. What caused the planet's destruction has baffled scientists for millennia but no answers appear to be forthcoming.
Why It's Fake: A scary looking clown can be seen cartwheeling across the surface of Primus making rude gestures at the painting's audience. Everyone knows the actual clown in the painting wore a menacing red cloak, which this one clearly does not.

Painting 3: "Dwarf by the Fire"
Description: A facsimile of the famous painting by Ondin Isiri. It features an old dwarf warming his feet by the campfire while drinking copious amounts of ale from a bottle. The picture remains unfinished as the artist ultimately abandoned the painting. What a hack!
Why It's Fake: This version is actually finished. So fake!
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:24 pm

It's possible the buyer may be interested in the actual fakes, and not being swindled. Knowing Lorah, and knowing the location (as i remember it, we don't know the buyer), how likely would that be, Dake?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Zeiss, did you not have any response in the roleplay? I'm still in the room...
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:12 pm

Ominominae should be meditating right about now, in some out-of-the-way spot.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:03 pm

Well y'see I met with K in the medbay after he got treated for Filth fever, and then hours later I'm meeting Dake Sken in his room.

Zeiss are you just listening right now? Cuz I'm waiting for a sign before I do anything else, cuz I have more.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:10 pm

Pretty unlikely K. I guess. But I'll keep the last two paintings now that I read their description. They're just too awesome to throw away. I love Easter eggs. 

As for my lack of response : I was busy with real life. Work and karate lessons take a good chunk of my time. Maybe I should have warned you.

But there it is. Posted.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 01, 2014 12:27 am

Well I'm just getting antsy cuz the next session is coming up tomorrow. Snake? Snake! SNAAAAAKE!
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu May 01, 2014 5:52 am

You know, having heard the ship-wide intercom, the boy may be heading your way soon. Just a heads-up.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu May 01, 2014 3:01 pm

Heads up: my PSU just fried last night. This means that the Vent server is currently down. I'm going to be picking up a new one on my way back from work today and assuming nothing else went with it then it should be up in time for the game. Backup plan is setting up my laptop as the server in the interim. That SHOULD be okay, but I'm just warning you in case it's a little off tonight.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 01, 2014 3:44 pm

NO! By the way, how's that lawsuit coming?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu May 01, 2014 5:19 pm

Thanks for everything, Third. Hope all is going well with you.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 01, 2014 5:39 pm

Thanks a bunch Third. Whatever happens we appreciate your efforts.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next