Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC & Questions & Shenennigans

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

OOC & Questions & Shenennigans - Page 2 Empty Re: OOC & Questions & Shenennigans

Post by Essoje Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:10 am

Okies, done thing.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

OOC & Questions & Shenennigans - Page 2 Empty Re: OOC & Questions & Shenennigans

Post by Rory Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:19 pm

We never talked about equipment. Will we be picking it out at the dockyard soon, or should we tell you what we have? What about money?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Equipment doesn't really give you much unless told, gameplay-wise. And for all I care, you can say you have some kind of standard equipment as long as it is probable you have it (a marine having a grenade or a pilot having a single firearm during a mission, an engineer having a small toolkit with him at all times, your HPCs, etc) and you are allowed to have in the place you are (firearms onboard the Zenobia for example are a no-no).

Whenever you say you are using something or not, the roll does not change. Unless we are talking about creative use of inventory, of course, which might change the roll, for good or for bad.

And money, besides Fax, have around 0 to 3 weeks worth of funds on your name, plus an extra 10000 credits received this morning.

500 credits is the expected weekly expenditure for a regular lifestyle for one in the Terran Society and you are expected to make at least this much in a month, with 200 being the bare minimum to survive if you own a small room, you can cook by yourself and live in a sector where raw food is cheap. 10000 a week is a considerably lavish lifestyle on the Zenobia, and you usually don't see many people making that much, period.

Zeb himself made around 750 to 1000 credits per week, depending on how much work he did because he's a civilian in a good job. Alex probably makes the least money in the group in a week, a fixed 400 c, followed by Fax at 500 c, and finally Jav at 550 c, but you three don't usually have to pay for a roof and food when in a military facility, because military.

And before anyone else asks, cigars and alcohol are pretty expensive and have their prices fixed all around Terran Society. A single cheap cigar costs 25 credits, and if you smoke 2 of them a day, you are down 350 credits at the end of the week. A bottle of cheap beer costs around 100 c. So yeah, keeping vices is much more difficult in this setting if you are a civilian.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Hmm, sounds like there is a vice tax in regulation. And hard times.

Well Zeb works hard, in fact he pushes it, so 11550C including the money he got this morning. 1000C went to...mortgage, bills, maybe some nice gifts, and a bottle of wine, we'll say.

I went to my room real quick first to grab my toolkit, complete with a sonic screwdriver! Not really. But kinda/sorta. But definitely with the more "bigger" tools such as what would pass for a spanner, monkey wrench, etc, plus a hammer and a crowbar. Also, my pistol. And goggles.

I would like to take this time to point out that Zeb only wears sunglasses under a bright day/conditions and is not a douche.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:30 pm

Okies, that all seems good, and since you don't even know where your room is, you have everything you own in the bag you are carrying that you'd have in a ship. Except the pistol.

Remember that in Zenobia, firearms are a no-no? This kind of equipment is given before boarding a spaceship and taken away when entering the docks. 'Armed' inside the Zenobia passes for stun gun (without wire part) or homemade melee weapons at most, and even a stun gun is still military hardware. In Sector F, the stun guns look like like WW2 firearms.

And just for flavor, at least once a month, you hear about a poor idiot being caught trying to smuggle firearms into the Zenobia, each trying something different but caught so quickly it's a wonder why they even try. That's a capital offense, btw.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:07 pm

By Jove! Capital offense, you say!? Capital indeed! Why that's...not capital! No sir!

No weapons then. If Zeb can't carry around his pistol, he doesn't have any ranged weaponry on him period. That is to say he'd definitely take his pistol if he could, but wouldn't go out of his way to arm himself properly when limited to certain kinds.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:44 pm

Just ask for a gun with the armory master before you embark, and since you are able to request a personal firearm now that you are in the Zephyr (just not take it to the Zenobia), it would be a good idea to do so. Specially because you guys chose the Reliant as your current ship.

Also, since there are people that legitimately forget they are still armed on disembark, you get a fair warning to go back and return them guns, so I'm not going to kill your characters because of that unless you push it.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:39 pm

On hiatus while I fix my PC.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:49 pm

I hope it won't be too expensive Javan. I hate having to take my PC to the computer technician.

A few years ago, I had the AVG anti-virus installed on my PC. One of the updates actually deleted one of the crucial files required for my computer to work. My computer completely shut down and I had to take it to the store. There, I learned I wasn't the only one in this situation. Twenty other computers had the exact same problem.

So I feel for you.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:54 pm

Wish I had a way to teleport out there to help out Javan.  I know a thing, or two, about fixing computers.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:16 pm

I've been there.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:13 pm

Thanks guys. I'll be restarting this once I can get in the mood to write.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:18 pm

Sorry to hear that man. Sad
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:13 pm

Ok, after thinking about it for a considerable amount of time, I'm going to say that I must stop GMing this campaign, even tho it didn't even really started.

1st point: The amount of detail I have to write for this campaign is no joke for me. Nevermind keeping tracking of everything, that's not the problem. The problem is explaining everything that's going on as to remind you guys this is not star trek or even most of the scifi media you normally have contact with. Once I lost the momentum, it became a drag to try and explain every little thing that, in fact, do play a role in understanding the setting and all that stuff.
(Funny tho, a D&D campaign would be much easier to do for me, since there's a LOT more common ground done for everyone, even if you never played D&D. So I kinda regret going to scifi route now.)

2nd point: I've had medical problems when younger because of my typing speed at the time, to the point I must type slow when doing big texts now or suffer the consequences. That's on top of not being a native english speaker.

3rd point: I've recently decided to cut about half of my current free time and assign it for studies. This was the time I had to sit down and really really think about things, and then sloooowly type them.

Anyway, I'm sorry for having wasted you awesome people's time like this.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:33 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Javan. Just when we were getting to the violent part...

But I absolutely understand why you have to stop and I'm not holding it against you. Just a shame I didn't get to shoot an alien or two...

Thank you for giving us your reasons.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:51 am

Interesting, tell me more about this medical problem. Could you type really fast? Did you get carpal tunnel syndrome at an early age?

It really is a shame though. If you want we can just have that whole subforum locked. I think. Don't quote me on that.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:45 am

Thanks for running what you did. I enjoyed it while the game lasted. Smile
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Well I've been hesitating to say anything because I didn't want to sound negative in any way, but the long and the short of it is I know people who also have what I THINK is the same problem you do with typing, and I fully understand what it's like trying to basically constantly info dump (since hard science is one of the genres I write most often, natch).  So long story short, I sympathize, and understand your decision, and I think it's a shame because you really caught my interest.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:29 pm

It's not a syndrome deal. Basically I forced the muscles of the back of my left hand to the point they got destroyed and recovered the wrong way while I was going through my growth spur, because stupid teenager was going through a phase and couldn't ask for help when it would have made a difference.

Anyways, thanks for understanding guys. I'll try to make up for this, not sure how tho.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2