Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 01, The Township of Al-Erat

+12
Rory
Snarg of Wildpaw
Zeiss
Gwydo
Araiguna
K
Ashakel
Kolson
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Permeus (tabran)
Caladrius
Archengeia
16 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

First Adventure 01, The Township of Al-Erat - Page 2 Empty Re: First Adventure 01, The Township of Al-Erat

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:53 pm

Whis Kor looks up from planning and wrinkles his brow.

"Gnolls are bandits and gravitate towards the easiest and most profitable side of conflict. Hence, the reason many have joined with the the confederacy. I assure you, they will set up an ambush if possible - especially if their leader is present.

Now, if you were to somehow find a gnoll who would listen, would agree to set up a meeting, and if it somehow had the authority to, we could perhaps plan our own ambush around that. However, that would be sending several of our own right in to the pincers. I'm not in favor of losing anyone if things turn ugly."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 01, The Township of Al-Erat - Page 2 Empty Re: First Adventure 01, The Township of Al-Erat

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:00 pm

"Do you think we'd get attacked before we had a shot at the leader? Or would the gnolls be able to recover and organize even after we'd taken him out?"
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:02 pm

"Then again, there's no guarantee we'd actually be meeting with him in the first place, even if they said so..."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:02 pm

"Ah. the good olde tactic of deception. I like it and in theory it could work quite well in our favor. as far as what the bait is goes, if we could convince them that on of your summons was the ambassador as they attacked de-summon it so they are all out in the open, then we attack when they are vulnerable."
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:05 pm

"Could an Aspect pass for a diplomat?

Even if we don't get the leader, we could probably track them back to their stronghold. We will have to fight them one way or the other."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:07 pm

sounding slightly less confident in his plan:
"If the gnolls are lacking enough in the intelligence department, i'm sure it could work... in theory..."
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:08 pm

"No, there's not. I very much doubt the leader will place himself in to an exposing position if he does appear. One thing that will play in to our ambush is confidence. They have been successfully raiding for a time and will be more lax with their forces; probably to the point of over-commitment if the target is valuable enough. That's what will flush out the leader, if it thinks that there's little danger to itself."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:10 pm

"I doubt even Gnolls would be fooled by that. Besides, Dara's special when it comes to aspects." A grimace mars Hanuel's face for a brief moment. "And I'll not endanger my friend without a damn good plan."

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:10 pm

The discussion between the weird Human and the Sclavi manages to capture Ashakel's wavering attention. "Bare in mind what the Orc said", he says. "These gnolls are unusually organized and precise with their attacks. I think that our primary concern should be information gathering. Perhaps there is a pattern, as someone here suggested. Then we will see if these are just wild beasts that we could hunt down, and what the best way to get rid of them would be. My father used to say that one should know the beast he is hunting better than oneself."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:11 pm

Amongst several races he had barely laid eyes upon in his entire life, Rory was disquieted. As they shot off tactics and nods of agreement or disapproval, his head turned this way and that, rubbernecking like a fool. He presently noticed that he was the only one who came without any equipment, weapons or otherwise. Fearing that the others had already noticed or would think less of him should he speak up on the matter, he remained silent until Higaide spoke.
"Good," he said, with hopefully what he thought was an expert tone, if a little gruff. "If we end up having to track them, I say we keep killing them along the way until they surrender."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:12 pm

Sethos has his hand to his mouth in an attempt to quell the deep sickening nervousness swelling in his stomach and up his throat, all his fellow guild members are either fighters or killers hardened by the world and he's barely a month out of Sho. He doesn't feel like facing the idea of how to kill these gnolls, not right now anyway, besides it's counterproductive. The thought then occurs to him that he should maybe be saying this stuff out loud rather than just constantly mulling it over. He lowers his hand from his mouth.

"Deciding how to kill them can wait, right now we need information. I'd like to go and talk to the vendors in town, anybody who wants to join me is welcome"

((EDIT: a word))
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:15 pm

"I shall join you in that venture."
Araiguna was looking for an excuse to leave the crowd feeling slightly embarrassed over what he now realized too was a stupid idea.
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:17 pm

Ashakel wrote:The discussion between the weird Human and the Sclavi manages to capture Ashakel's wavering attention. "Bare in mind what the Orc said", he says. "These gnolls are unusually organized and precise with their attacks. I think that our primary concern should be information gathering. Perhaps there is a pattern, as someone here suggested. Then we will see if these are just wild beasts that we could hunt down, and what the best way to get rid of them would be. My father used to say that one should know the beast he is hunting better than oneself."
"Your father is quite wise." Hanuel's gaze turns to the troll, "Perhaps you'd like to join me in asking the locals about the gnolls?"

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Rory never really knew where to start when trying to gather information. He always headed to a tavern, but one tavern was as reliable as digging through a haystack full of needles.

The burun seemed welcoming enough, so he opted in. "And me as well," he added to the mite's offer.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:19 pm

"Before everyone runs off in their own direction, it would be ill-advised not to coordinate our efforts. If you will hold up for just a moment while I map out routes to finish this as efficiently as possible...

Whis Kor turns his head back to planning, looking over any documents the Orc happens to have on his desk. He glances up slightly at the Orc.

"If you could provide me with a local map and notable locations it would speed our efforts."

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:24 pm

Zeiss was happy that the Scali was stepping up. Let someone else in charge of the problems.

"Good enough for me. We can set this place as our rendezvous point then?"

Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:26 pm

"I think we should move in groups of four or smaller, anything more might be a little intimidating for the townsfolk".

He turns to Zeiss.

"I think we need a rendezvous with a very big table"
He smiles a little before snatching it from his lips in an attempt to appear tough.

Spoiler:

Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Hanuel and Dara wrote:"Your father is quite wise." Hanuel's gaze turns to the troll, "Perhaps you'd like to join me in asking the locals about the gnolls?"

"Yes, he is...was. Nevermind. I want to come with you, but let us tell the Sclavi about our plan, so he can count it in. Also, the others should know where we are, so we don't just scatter around."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:40 pm

While looking over the papers, Whis Kor mutters something to the Orc under his breath.

Language: Orcish
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Whis Kor speaks up, head still down in planning.

"Yes, yes, everyone will know where others are at all times. Groups of at least 2 should be mandatory."

Seeming to suddenly realize something, he snaps around to face the group.

"I don't want anyone playing the hero and going off on their own unless it is absolutely necessary and everyone knows your location and destination; even in town. That's a good way to get yourself killed or lost. I expect most of you know that, but there's no loss in reminding."

He turns back to his planning.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:48 pm

While talking to Hanuel, Ashakel for a second thought that he had heard someone speak his language, but when he looked around he didn't notice anything. The Sclavi was speaking further about the plan, and then looked down again. "This place is making me crazy.." the troll murmured to himself.

Last edited by Ashakel on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Ashakel wrote:While talking to Hanuel, Ashakel for a second thinks that he heard someone speak his language, but when he looks around he doesn't notice anything. The Sclavi spoke further about the plan, then looked down again. "This place is making me crazy.." the troll murmurs to himself.

Catching the trolls comment, Sethos turns to him.

"That's good to hear" he smiles again "Only the sane can tell when they're going crazy"

Sethos then pulls a pipe from his robes.

"Does anybody mind if I smoke?" The question being directed to the group at large, his hope being that they might agree so that he may calm his nerves.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:56 pm

"I will also require a few minutes to pay my respects at the local temple. Unless they want to come with me, I will meet up with my group at your appointed destination after that."
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:05 pm

Sethos wrote:

Catching the trolls comment, Sethos turns to him.

"That's good to hear" he smiles again "Only the sane can tell when they're going crazy"

Sethos then pulls a pipe from his robes.

"Does anybody mind if I smoke?" The question being directed to the group at large, his hope being that they might agree so that he may calm his nerves.

Ashakel turns to the burun, then stops for a moment. The creature looks intimidating, but his behavior seems completely benevolent. And he ASKED if he could smoke? This bunch is getting weirder by the minute. Still careful, the troll replied with a reserved smile: "You can smoke if you don't mind sharing the damn thing."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Rory glances up at the burun's question, shrugs, and returns to his thoughtful glazed expression.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next