Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Discussion

+14
Permeus (tabran)
Gwydo
Archengeia
Chatterbox
Sethos
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Snarg of Wildpaw
K
Zeiss
Kolson
Araiguna
Caladrius
Essoje
Admin
18 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

OOC Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: OOC Discussion

Post by Rory Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:10 pm

Pardon me. I need to sum this all up to communicate what I'm seeing here and what this sounds like to me, because to me, it doesn't look like what you want to happen is happening.

Snarg: "Hey, what's on your mind?"

Zeiss: "The Pinnacle."

Snarg: "We're all in this together. Why aren't you acting like it?"

Zeiss: "Because I don't need to be there for your attempts at forming plans. I already know what I need to know, therefore these meetings don't matter to me. Why are you asking me these questions?"

Snarg: "Well, because they're important. These plans matter to us, and if you're going to be a part of them(and we want you to), we need your perspective and experience."

Zeiss: *Tantrum* "I've been plenty helpful to you already, and you don't appreciate it, in fact you take it for granted."

Snarg: "Yes we do, and no we don't, because Point #1, and Point #2. If you're going to keep planning for yourself and being antagonistic, then we really will leave you out of it."

Zeiss: "Hey, you could have just apologized."

If I could just make with a little side commentary, Snarg doesn't have any reason to apologize, especially when you blew up in his face and when his reasoning was sound and the attitude he responded with was completely justified. Saving face or playing it off, and not showing any sign of admitting anything or giving ground, is anything but an olive branch.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:59 pm

I should not have called an olive branch, but more like a hint. This is OOC knowledge to inform Snarg that an agreement could me made. It doesn't even require Snarg to say "I am sorry" but merely for him to ask for a truce or something along those lines.

In fact, things were going great until Snarg just decided to leave, which left me like : "huh...?". I had planned something like :

Zeiss explains his problem --> Snarg tries to reason with him again --> Agreement.

Or

Zeiss explains his problem --> Snarg gets angry --> Agreement.

But then Third did this :

Zeiss explains etc. --> Snarg  leaves.

I assumed that Snarg would explain his position then try to convince Zeiss, like how in real life two people lay out their problems then reconcile. His reasoning was indeed sound, I just I did not expect that he would leave so suddenly without leaving me time to respond. I'm still trying to figure out how I could have avoided that. I suppose that's how Arch must feel sometimes as a GM.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:59 am

I'm going to point out that in RL conversations and RP conversations you curiously don't have a 'plan' or 'script', they usually flow naturally. I can tell you the flow was perfect, and the result makes sense considering the contents of the conversation.

Hint: When Snarg extended his paw and asked Zeiss to prove the party wrong, that was the olive branch.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:20 am

So Arch, I don't think there was any formula involved in determining the conversion of a class's class skills from one variant to another for this setting, so if you would please take a look at the Pugilist dnd page and inform me which skills in this campaign are the Pugilist's class skills, I'd be grateful.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:39 am

Pugilist class skills = Fighter's class skills.  *snaps finger*
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:38 am

I agree, the flow was perfect. Snarg's last post actually convinced Zeiss of his mistakes... but then he left.

Which is kind of a shame, no?

Oh, and I edited my last post a little. I feel like that's what you guys wanted me to do. If not, at the very least, that's what I wanted to do and I felt obligated to stick with what I had wrote because someone else had already read it. My fault, sorry. You guys were right and I'll take this occasion to correct that.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:14 am

Well, it would have been pretty epic if you hadn't responded and later came through in a way that made it pretty obvious you reexamined things and changed your mind.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:19 pm

Hmm, hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the idea Rory.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:41 pm

So I missed the AGDQ thingy. Looks like they made their donation goal. Do you know where I can find your footage? I was under the impression that you guest-starred on it, did I get that right?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:50 am

So last night I kept thinking of this every time Rory took a drink...
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:11 pm

Holy crap, Arch: if you haven't seen this, you should!
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Already saw that. Impressive.

A nerdy blacksmith. How cool is that?
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:52 pm

Wow.  That is awesome.  Fun Arch Fact; I used to swordfight regularly, for fun and exercise.  Back when I was actually good with a blade I was beyond tempted to purchase a custom crafted aluminum Masamune to actually use while practicing (aluminum because it'd be... well, POSSIBLE to wield properly unlike any real metal) but the craftsmanship that went into the sword I just saw built is impressive.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:23 pm

Geezsh that is a long sword. I like the comparison to the buster sword. "Yeah, if you can lift it up in to the air and then drop it somewhere near them ... that's your one shot."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:28 am

Yeah, that's hella cool. I enjoyed the ones for the Buster Sword and the Master Sword too.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:46 am

So I'm in the middle of the second season of Farscape and I need to just say this to someone. Jon Crichton would be a great Star Fleet captain...if he was in the Star Trek universe. He spouts one-liners like a fountain. Most of the time nobody understands the references when they're thrown in or even bothers mentioning that they don't, so it's just for the audience's sake and nothing else, which is basically fan service and it's annoying. So I have to ask, does he ever drop that pitiful substitution for "wisecracking" he uses so often?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Short answer : no.

But it kind of surprise me that you dislike this side of him. I personally enjoy it. And I prefer this kind of fan service that the one we find in anime. That one makes me cringe and is enough for me to stop watching a show. At the very least, some intellectual efforts were put into the references John Crichton says.

But you can also assume the other members of the crew don't react to the Earth pop-culture references because the Translator Microbes are incapable of translating them. Razz
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:34 am

Well they don't translate them, but they do hear Jon pronounce them, and have asked him a couple of times what he was talking about. All other times, he continues to mention people and places nobody around him has ever heard of, and normally I'd be okay with that if the viewers weren't the only people who got them or if the others at least forced him to explain them! I do like it, but he's in the wrong universe for it.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:35 am

Well, John is human. And deficient. Cannot expect him to do reasoned things, can we? Razz

But in all seriousness, I think Crichton flings out these references especially because he is in another part of the universe and this is the only thing he is familiar and conformable with. And while these reference were originally done for the audience's sake, I am more than willing to suspend my disbelief on this matter since I think it fits Crichton so well. Doesn't mean I think you should do the same though. There are many details in other shows, as minor as this one, which rubs me the wrong way too.

If it's possible, I think it would be fun if you shared your impressions of each season of Farscape as you go through them. It is pretty rare for me to get the reactions from someone about a show or an anime I love for the simple reason I don't know many people in real life who share the same interest as me (okay okay... I don't know anybody).

Whatever your impressions of season 1 of Farscape was... it only gets better from there. *giggles like a little kid*
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:51 am

Well, I'm not. That and the pseudo-profanity are my only complaints(he does say "shit" at one point, so c'mon).

Actually I'm watching the last episode of season 2. I hope the intro changes.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:25 am

I'm still waiting for the Star Trek that puts Michael Ironside in the captain's chair, but then, i can't expect the dudes in charge to ever get that smart.
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:41 am

So Arch, just be sure you post that start date for that Twitch thing here on the forums so none of us miss it. I'm definitely looking forward to it. You know the one.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Ah yes. If you don't mind, Mog should be renamed Javan in the FF3 run.
No real reason.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Yesterday I said I would help someone move stuff into their new apartment. The powers decided that we should wake up later than either of us would have liked, so this may overlap with the session. I said I'd do this, so I'm gonna do it, and we're gonna try and get this done asap. If I'm late, I'm late. I'll see you when I get log in.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:21 pm

I suppose you are talking about Tuesday's session. I assumed there wouldn't be any Monday session for the next few months.

If that's not the case, I won't be there tonight (the 20th). I made a promise to be somewhere else and I don't go back on my promises. See you!
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next