Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ship Converse

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ship Converse Empty Ship Converse

Post by Rory Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:13 pm

Title for Roleplay(under "post title" in replies): A Cheunh Touch

The door to the designated medbay slides open, and in steps Vahrran the Chiss, hair slicked back, donning his PI wear sans the telltale coat: an untucked, typical plain white office T, with a casual black, tan-and-white-striped tie; casual corduroy kakhi slacks; and black running shoes, recently shined. The holster meant to conceal his sidearm is worn over the shirt, leaving the blaster pistol modestly on display. Ominae is sitting upright on a chair or otherwise low surface optimal for a doctor to perform a checkup or treatment. He has bathed in this room, and has had his clothes sterilized, and has since been wearing them. Harley beeps as Vahrran approaches.

///66.67% probability dictates detective Vahrran has arrived to check up on the patient| 89.9% probability dictates detective will assign this unit an additional task/// the droid beeps.

"How is the young padawan?" the detective responds.

///This unit completed treatment of the patient Ominae t+12 minutes and 34 seconds ago| Predict t- 17 minutes and 31 seconds until immune system has fully compensated and recovered///

"Very good. Would you mind going elsewhere in the room and making yourself inconspicuous while we talk? Perhaps find a task to keep yourself busy, or visit the charging station."

///Very well| I will leave the loving organic couple to their own devices///

As Harley distances himself from the two, Vahrran explains, "Don't mind him. He is free to express his opinions and complain as much as he wants, though most of the small talk he makes is either odd or cheeky. I hope I caught you in the mood to chat."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Ship Converse Empty Re: Ship Converse

Post by K Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:19 am

(To say he's bathed kinda sounds like he's had a bubble bath or something. It was probably closer to a decon shower than anything, especially considering his current mood.)

"Don't mind him. He is free to express his opinions and complain as much as he wants, though most of the small talk he makes is either odd or cheeky. I hope I caught you in the mood to chat."

*Ominae takes a second to register, then shurgs.

- "I guess. About what?"
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:53 pm

Vahrran blinks thoughtfully. He pulls out a data pad and sits in a chair across from where Ominae sits upright, fingers poised. "It's been some time since we last met. I wasn't as curious about your life at the Temple then, but now I'd like to hear about it at length, before we were introduced and since: the regimen of your Force training, rules, your behavior, favorite teachers, favorite training, et cetera."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:41 pm

*Ominae squints slightly, as if finding the question odd. Takes a few seconds for him to answer.

- "Why do want to hear about it now?"

*His tone is not harsh, but slightly confused and bewildered. He takes another second, his eyes dart slightly. He does not make much eye contact as he continues.

- "Life at the temple was... there must be a public record on that. Must have been, now, i guess. As for... favorite... well, once i got past the younglings, i was assigned to Master T--"

*He stops himself as he says his Master's name, as if stuttering. He stares into empty space for a second.

- "You've met."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:17 pm

"Yes," Vahrran replied. He begins to type on the data pad, at times pausing.

Stealth check:

"Vornar's code of honor made him a touch overbearing when insisting on joining that manhunt during my employment with the Coruscant police force," he recalled as he finished typing. "I believe both of us equally disliked placing any trust in the other, but providence had us end on better terms. Can you tell me about the master-student relationship the two of you shared from your perspective?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:27 pm

Stealth Check Result:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:59 pm

*The sudden slew of direct questions about his life and his relationship with his master - not 24 hours after he saw the former destroyed and the latter slain, added to the fact that Vahrran is actually TYPING, very quickly makes this so-called chat seemingly turn into an interrogation.

Ominae's face takes an aptly-named WTF look to it, both confused and guarded, now that he feels his private life being prodded. Any other day, he'd be in the mood to play it cool. As it is, he unconsciously narrows his previously wavering eyes, locking it into Vahrran's own. Wondering just what the blast the investigator is getting at.

Rory:

Kolson:

Ominae will speak up if Vahrran doesn't.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:00 pm

K:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:32 am

The sudden intense look, likely intended even if reactionary, elicited another blink, from Vahrran, far less contemplative than the last. His concentrated posture softened reflexively, and remained so as if on standby. "I must insist, Ominae."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:57 am

"Why?"

Rory:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:05 am

Vahrran inhaled slowly before responding. "In order to form a deeper perspective on the Jedi Force training of a student in relation to this bond."

"I only have perspective of one half of that bond, Ominae," he continued, jotting down a few quick notes. "I had the sense that there is something, in the homework I've done since we last met, that goes unspoken. I want to make it certain that the perspective I have is complete."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:42 am

*Ominae sighs.

"After yesterday, Detective, i'm pretty sure whatever insight you gain will now be obsolete.

Whatever goes unspoken, pretty much goes without saying. One Master, one Padawan. The Master imparts wisdom onto the Apprentice for years, and comes to rely on him more and more as he grows in the ways of the Force.

There's no big secret to it. Master Tev was family. By saying that much, it should now be fairly clear to you."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:47 pm

"I see," Vahrran replied. He closed the document on the data pad and set it aside. "Obsolete or not, you have suffered a great loss, Ominae. Ten times as much as with which anyone on the ship can sympathize. I don't ask questions because I want to dissect your mind, but because I can't leave you to your own devices on this."

K:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:32 pm

*Ominae sighs again.

"You don't have to worry about me. More importantly, though, what are you planning to do once this ship docks?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:18 pm

Vahrran stands up and fiddles with the data pad.

data pad:

"To find Lorah. We need Dake's ship, and he has connections that can provide long term aid. We may be on the clock, so if you want to trade, decide if you're selling or buying; if you're buying, buy quickly."

"Take a nap, and you won't get bored waiting in here," he adds on his way to the exit. When the door slides open, he lingers for two seconds just before he leaves.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Ship Converse Empty Planning around Plans, with Dake Sken

Post by Rory Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:13 am

Roughly a few hours later, Vahrran's voice comes through the intercom clear and deep. "Dake Sken, I wish to have a word with you in private. I will meet you in your quarters in 15 minutes."

setting the stage:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:30 am

Dake was working on the ship's hyperdrive engine when he heard Vahrran's voice through the intercom, which startled him enough to knock over his box of tools. He sighed, put the tools back in their place then went into his room to wait for the investigator. When he entered, he asked with a smile on his face :

"You like my new room? I'm gonna have to get rid of these worthless paintings, but the rest is not so bad, huh?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:49 am

Zeiss wrote:"You like my new room? I'm gonna have to get rid of these worthless paintings, but the rest is not so bad, huh?"
Vahrran's gaze sweeped the paintings with passing curiosity. "Not what I would say. If only the artists of the original paintings were given credit, the talent of these undertakers would be lauded and their paintings given real market value. I like the lakes, but of the other two, I see only a dead planet(the fake element has something to do with my dislike for that), and a man devoting his intelligence to draining it away with a liquid."

"But, to the matter I called you for. In a few days we will arrive at Starforge, and I would rather we did any trading quickly during our stay," he explained while he remained standing. "Buy or sell, that is what I am asking us each to choose between. If you want to buy, know what you are buying and do not window-shop. The more time we have when we reach the coordinates, the better."

Last edited by Rory on Sat May 03, 2014 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:04 pm

Dake sighed.

"We're getting to Starforge to find Lorah and get my ship back but I doubt she will be there."

He grumbled, unhappy about the whole situation.

"The Stalker will have to do for now, but we'll need to repair it and maybe put some upgrades on that ugly ship. Which means we need credits that we don't have. There has to be some jobs on the station that we could take. Maybe a smuggling contract. I don't see any other way for Ominae to make a living without attracting the Empire's attention. He's gonna have to learn how to avoid the authorities. That's where we come in, right?"

He smiled to Vahrran.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 01, 2014 12:25 am

"Too true," Vahrran replied, yielding no change in his features. "Wherever we go, we won't be able to stay if he exercises strong use of his abilities when they cannot be masked."

"If our budget forces us to delay, we will find a job that does not involve illegal practices. Criminal bounties, for instance, are an acceptable equalizer."

Last edited by Rory on Thu May 01, 2014 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu May 01, 2014 12:39 am

Dake sat on his new bed, looked at Vahrran, then said with a sarcastic tone :

"Criminal bounties? What a great idea. We already have a padawan on the ship, maybe we could turn him in? I'm sure the Empire would reward us for delivering them a potential rebel."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 01, 2014 1:06 am

"Of course," Vahrran replied to the outlaw's tone in kind. "Pretending to protect him out of respect for his former master provided an adequate excuse for the entertaining escapades we undertook as part of our deal. Additionally, I am sure he would struggle inwardly for an exceptional interval of time before leaking our aiding and abetting in his escape to reward our treachery."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu May 01, 2014 1:27 am

Dake sighed. Again.

"I don't want to fight. But if we are to follow a fugitive, do not expect to be able to follow the Law at all times Vahrran. Technically, helping him is illegal. You sure you feel good about that? This could be a huge burden on your conscience."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 01, 2014 5:55 am

Vahrran exhaled a silent, half-snicker, and moved closer to the lake painting for a better look. "We never could spare much time to a chat, could we, Dake?" he mused. "The only Law I act in accordance with when the chips are on the table is the Law I observed on my homeworld."

"You feel free to accept the implications you interpret from that statement in full," Vahrran added, as if he had the barest hint of a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth, quickly fading as he continued. "Since we are speaking honestly, I was secretly waiting, half-expecting, for the Empire to snap with an event like Order 66, given the recent Acts and self-grants made by the Chancellor. A war is coming soon, Dake. I only know which side I am on earlier than most, but what about you?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu May 01, 2014 6:12 am

*Door slides open. Ominae is standing there.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next