Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan Empty First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:38 pm

You head out to talk to the mercantile court to question them. Later in the day you also intend to hunt down Harkun Oakheart, local Guardian, if you can to get further information from him. Finally you have an interest in questioning the currently on-duty militia.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Archengeia on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan Empty Re: First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Spoiler:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan Empty Re: First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Spoiler:
As they begin heading out, Whis Kor turns his head over his shoulder to his team members.

"We'll be stopping first at the mercantile court to question them. They'll likely know specifics on what's been hit so we can figure out if they're going after something specific and if there's other locations for it in this area. We can also get some feelers for how they feel about the situation.

Harkun Oakheart is our next stop. He will have more information on why exactly he is singling out this band of gnolls and why he believes killing all of them will deter other raiders. If he believes that slaying the leader will scatter the raiders, then we would do well to convince him that would be the correct course of action rather than attempting to hunt down every single gnoll in the area.

Finally, if we have time, we will be stopping to question the local militia. They will have good information on what is being done to stop the menace, how their forces fare in combat, and other tactical information.

If you have any questions that you feel pertain to this situation, feel free to ask or have someone else ask in place.

Any questions or objections?"

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:03 pm

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:07 pm

"Sounds solid to me. Although I'd be careful in trying to follow a certain line of thinking from the start, like trying to keep the bloodshed at a minimum...", says Javan to the ground, as if in deep thought.

Then the fairy quickly looks up and try to explain himself better when he figures out what was just said might be taken in a bad light. "Ah, no, the idea isn't wrong per se, but if possible, I'd like attempt to change his mind after we gather information from all groups. It would be bad if we tried to convince him without facts from the other groups backing us, and then having to kill the gnolls anyway because our new findings tell us so and then tell the Harkun person, 'Oh, hey, sorry, even though we made such a great case in defense of killing just the leader, we had to kill all gnolls anyway. Haha!'. That won't look good in our portfolio, I bet."

Spoiler:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Whis Kor frowns.

"Make no mistake, I have no intention of convincing. I am more interested in reducing the amount of combat this untrained group will see. I have no qualms about wiping these gnolls off the map for the good of this town and will not convince someone to do otherwise for their good."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:18 pm

"Ah, alright, got it. In that case, it's the mercantile court then!", said Javan, only to keep talking after a brief pause, "I hope they have some hot info that we can use to solve this mess."
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:20 pm

The mercantile court has just ended a session, and several discouraged looking Banderlings, Orcs, and Trolls file out of the meeting. One of the members is standing still, lost in thought, a young Banderling woman.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Whis Kor looks over to her and then ducks out of sight. He turns to his team.

"I hoped it wouldn't be something like this, but it appears we've got to seize this opportunity. It's a good thing I've been retired..."

He straightens himself out, dusts himself off, and instructs the team to follow him. He strides confidently over to her and begins to speak:

Language: Orcish
Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:28 pm

The woman looks up at you, the frown deepening across her features as her fur flattens.
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Javan has no idea of what's being said, so all he can do is to appear friendly and approachable, hoping this will magically rub off on Whis and make the conversation as smooth as possible.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Whis Kor laughs out loud.

Spoiler:

...it may be beneficial to speak more commonly for others benefit if you would be so kind.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Her fur unflattens somewhat. "Of course, my apologies," she returns, remembering her manners and giving a small bow. "I am Lunka of Seeker, third seat on the court. What exactly can I do for you?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Whis Kor returns the bow, although much more stiffly and obviously less practiced than her.

"Lunka of Skeer, I am Whis Kor representing the Adventurer's Guild, as are my companions Javan and Ashakel."

He motions to his two companions and give them a few seconds to return the gesture if they so desire.

"It is to my understanding that even with Guardian Oakheart standing watch, they have simply become such a menace that they must be permanently dealt with. However, to ensure that we appropriate spread our forces to protect your interests.

For the start, we are interested in obtaining information on the previous attacks, their locations, and the raided items so we may gain a better understanding of what they are seeking. Also, if there is a clear pattern, if there are any other items and locations they are likely to hit, we would be interested in obtaining this information as well.

If we can establish that, is you have not done so already, we can better prepare to route their clan. Of course, any further information you have already will be helpful as well. I'm sure you have observed much over their time here. Of course, if you have any questions about us, we would be glad to answer as well."

He turns to his two companions.

"Do you have any additional questions to begin with, Ashakel? Javan?"

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:51 pm

The fairy raised a hand and smiled when his name as first said, and then responded to the final question in a quiet but firm tone.

"None from me right now, leader."
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:54 pm

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Spoiler:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:05 pm

Whis Kor wrote:Whis Kor returns the bow, although much more stiffly and obviously less practiced than her.

"Lunka of Skeer, I am Whis Kor representing the Adventurer's Guild, as are my companions Javan and Ashakel."

He motions to his two companions and give them a few seconds to return the gesture if they so desire.

"It is to my understanding that even with Guardian Oakheart standing watch, they have simply become such a menace that they must be permanently dealt with. However, to ensure that we appropriate spread our forces to protect your interests.

For the start, we are interested in obtaining information on the previous attacks, their locations, and the raided items so we may gain a better understanding of what they are seeking. Also, if there is a clear pattern, if there are any other items and locations they are likely to hit, we would be interested in obtaining this information as well.

If we can establish that, is you have not done so already, we can better prepare to route their clan. Of course, any further information you have already will be helpful as well. I'm sure you have observed much over their time here. Of course, if you have any questions about us, we would be glad to answer as well."

He turns to his two companions.

"Do you have any additional questions to begin with, Ashakel? Javan?"

Lunka glances at you curiously, and hesitates a moment before speaking. "The court approved the posting of the Bill... any Bill that involves the death of a sentient being, let alone several, requires the local authority's approval. But I admit I voted against it." She shakes her head. "I know it's costing us dearly.." she realizes she's getting ahead of herself. "You see, most of the farms being hit are the major date and fig farms, and we make a great deal of money selling and shipping those across the rest of the Reach. The Gnolls, when they attack, they attack the farms... they ignore the farmhands and workers, they just burn and run. And that is costing us a great deal of platinum." She shrugs faintly. "As for if they've taken anything, I have no idea. The militia hasn't been patrolling the outer rural areas since the 2nd, so everything we know comes from effect and the frantic witnesses who were fleeing at the time."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:16 pm

Whis Kor seems rather taken aback.

"Gnolls just burning date and fig farms? No casualties? No reports of theft? This doesn't sound like any gnoll bandits I've ever heard of. That doesn't even sound like any common bandits I've ever heard of. Except for maybe if they were..."

He stops before he finished that thought.

"If you don't mind me asking, why exactly did you oppose this bill? It seems that you would have reason to eliminate this threat, especially since it's hurting you directly. I can't think of many things worse than a direct attack on your primary export. Do you have some concerns about what's is happening here that go beyond the gnolls?"

Spoiler:

Last edited by Whis Kor on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:16 pm

The member 'Whis Kor' has done the following action : Forum Dice Roller

'D20' : 1
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://archengeiadnd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:24 pm

Javan blinks at Whis Kor as the sclavi's perfectly solid reasons sounded a bit far-fetched. Maybe the intonation in the wrong places? The fairy wasn't that sure himself, but he tried to quickly cover for his leader the best he could.

"Burn and run... Those gnolls are not even trying to hide their objective...", Javan speaks just loud enough so the four of them may hear.

"Say, is there any farms in special that are being targeted? Or not being targeted... I mean, this looks like either they have something against the farms being there, which sounds unlikely, or someone is paying them to burn specific places. If we discover more and it turns out there's someone behind this, we can work to make this whole ordeal as smooth and clean as possible."

Javan directs his best smile to the banderling, "Don't you agree it would be a awesome idea?"

Spoiler:

Last edited by Essoje on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:24 pm

The member 'Essoje' has done the following action : Forum Dice Roller

'D20' : 1
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://archengeiadnd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:33 pm

Whis Kur mentally buried his face in his hands. This had been going so well and somehow they had managed to give exactly the wrong impression to her at this moment.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Whis Kor on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next