Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So where do you guys want to start?

+2
Essoje
Archengeia
6 posters

Go down

So where do you guys want to start? Empty So where do you guys want to start?

Post by Archengeia Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:42 pm

Put simply I could start you off the second we left off... or I could start things a couple days later, when... certain events have already happened that involve Zeiss being framed for an assassination.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

So where do you guys want to start? Empty Re: So where do you guys want to start?

Post by Essoje Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:19 pm

I'm voting for a couple days later. Makes more sense, and less risky, as 'accidentally' rolling 1s (or making NPCs roll 1s) and causing the destruction of half a city that should exist for the other party would change the space-continuum, which then involves the party getting back in time to fix it, which ends up destroying the other half of the city instead.

Fun for the players, but I'm not so sure how the GM would feel about that.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

So where do you guys want to start? Empty Re: So where do you guys want to start?

Post by Rory Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:34 pm

Were we witness to some or all of these certain events? Because I think we could start a little before those. Are we still on a mission to vandalize or heist from one of the big players in the Sho territory?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:37 pm

I guess it's for the best that we start a few days later.
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:16 pm

I'm going to go with a few days later but I have to ask: How much do we need to take into account Gwydo, Snarg, and Z's actions from the Youtube show? Are we running concurrent or are you keeping them in their own thing so you don't have to have that headache of keeping the timeline straight?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:31 pm

Oh, I'm being framed? I guess these assassins are behind this.

It would be nice if we could take some time for this heist. We need the money. But if we have to decide between that and killing these assassins, I choose revenge. That is if we even have the possibility to go after them (depending on our dear GM).

As for when we start, I don't mind either way. Whatever Arch prefers.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:04 am

Hm.  How about this; we'll go ahead and start with the Heist itself, but I've already spoiled how it ends (one way or another), so if you're okay with Zeiss being doomed I'm okay with that.  Also am I missing anyone here?  Man I'm tired.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:11 am

Lemme think about-NO.

But if that heist turns into this no matter what we do, oh well. I just hope it's not doomed "doomed". As for you Arch, I guess you played a LOT of Fallout yesterday. Razz

And no, you're not missing anyone.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:10 am

I played until pretty late and then got woken up early.  Bleh.

Anyways, when I'm more conscious (and have finished recording those 6 episodes I need to) I'll do the initial write-up.  I think I'll go ahead and do the Heist... for reasons I'll keep quiet for now.  But if you guys try to meta and skip town... *threatening glance*
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:55 am

*talks while shuddering really badly* I-I wasn't thinking about doing meta things... I'm serious, believe me!! I'll j-just go to my corner and stay q-quiet now.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:12 pm

Were i not the epitomy of quietude and serenity, i would resent that slanderous implication.

I am, though, so i don't.
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:22 pm

Sounds good. Smile
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:18 am

Don't worry, we'll try to pull off the heist as best we can. Maybe we even do it successfully. Even if we manage that though, the GM Finger of God is officially consensual.

Plus I don't remember what's supposed to happen. If any of that was covered in the announcement video, I skipped over it or didn't even get to it, and I haven't been watching the Neo Primus campaign uploads.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:57 pm

Me being framed for an assassination attempt (or success) is probably what Arch meant by spoiling the outcome of the heist.

Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:43 am

So guys.... if we are going to do the heist, who should we rob?

Kinzh'Lizakh, the food magnate? More risks, greater rewards.

Or Lorkhihf, his rival? Probably less risky and definitely less profitable, but we would probably still be able to get a deal with Kinzh'Lizakh for his food.

I think we should go rob Kinzh'Lizakh. We survived the Pinnacle's Nightmare, got our name cleared from that warmonger accusation, won a few Undermarket battles, went through a Mana Storm and some of you escaped Gaerlan's dungeon and the Tumerok's armies. And we do need the money. We're still in debt of 20200 gp towards the Exchange for that Soul door we put on the Scionic facility back in Marblebush before it was broken by the Olthoi. 

Just my two cents.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:07 am

I'm seeing a picture of the Hebian-To peninsula in the latest Primus campaign upload, and I'm beginning to feel more and more behind, especially with the defeat of Gaerlan(whom I hope wasn't the 'ultimate' eeevil). We're not in a chat, we're playing by post, planning, in contrast to the fast pace of the live campaign that meets per week, and at this rate we're going longer than a week with little progress. Our characters have been shaping this plan for almost two weeks in real time, And we've been anticipating it for at least a week before that. So, to what do we attribute this rut? I don't like being behind the first campaign by this much time, because we might not catch up in time to learn about or even help confront the world's worst nightmare as it were.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:26 am

Gaerlan isn't the main threat of this setting if you were wondering. I think the live party already finished that fight and we just haven't seen it yet.

And I don't mind being behind compared to the other party.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:32 am

Whether or not we will see the effect is not the issue. Gaerlan was built up quite a bit, and news of his death was a real letdown because we weren't there and were thus inconsequential in his defeat. It's making me envious, the way they keep chugging along while we move at the sluggish pace of tossing ideas back and forth and maybe someone's character says or does something(which is likely to do with player availability).

I stick by what I said about needing context for the split. Fierneceal needed to find her brother, right? But Snarg and Gwydo went with her. Apart from her sneaking off with those she deemed effectual or trustworthy, which of course wouldn't sit well with my character(even then, Rory's begun to question just how well he really knows or understands her), I can't think of anything that would make sense.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:26 am

Well, the reason I don't really write in the OOC thread and giving out ideas or pushing the game forward is because Zeiss is a prisoner and Advoc is dumb. Time for the rest of the party to shine.

Fierneceal wanted to stop Gaerlan, that's why she and the others left. I assumed we wanted to stop the assassins since they attacked the Exchange and more specifically Rory's and Kolson's families. That's why we're here. The heist was just a way to get some money that would eventually allows us to equip ourselves with better equipment, gain more political power, etc.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:54 am

Well, of course. I can't expect you to do anything when shackled and surrounded by walls of muscle.

Alright, I can accept that explanation. It makes sense for us to stay behind and try to find these people who nearly hurt or killed our loved ones and make sure they never do it again. I can stop moaning now.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down