Dake, Korra, and Ominae

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dake, Korra, and Ominae

Post by K on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Zeiss wrote:"...Who?"

"A friend of Ria, from the time they were kids. When Neeja died, Ylenic managed to retrieve his body and escape to what i'm pretty sure was Alderaan. And judging from the way the Empire's been shadowing us all this time instead of blasting us out of the sky when we first got here, it's safe to say they were counting on us to find Ria for them. The only way they would have done that, is if this wasn't really a fact-finding mission, but a search for Ria from the very beginning. And the only person who i can conceive having relayed that information to the house of Alderaan at a time like this would be Ylenic himself."

*Back to Korra

"I'm not upset if that's the case, but what we're about to do now is too grave for there to be any unknowns."
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:02 pm

Korra is taken aback by Ominae's question. He may as well as slapped her. "I...um...not really sure..."

RO laughs at the young woman's reaction. "By the Maker, you have her on the ropes little Jedi. Well struck!"

The frown she gives the "droid" in return would make paint peel or flowers wilt back in the real world but if RO is impressed he show's no sign as he continues chuckling to himself long after Korra give's up and tries to address the elephant in the room. She puts off answering for as long as she can, rubbing her left bicep with her right hand and looking away at nothing in particular. When she finally speaks it's just a hair above a whisper. "Master It'kla was fine last I saw him."
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:27 pm

The revelation that Korra was sent here by a Jedi Master didn't make Dake flinch at all. Suddenly, he starts walking towards the middle of the "dome".

"Huh. While the Force-sensitive ones talk about who is doing what, the smuggler is going to carelessly play with the big ball of light."

OOC:
If the light doesn't seem dangerous, I'll touch it.

Last edited by Zeiss on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:03 am

Korra wrote:"Master It'kla was fine last I saw him."

Ominae lets out a breath he hadn't realized was holding.

"That's good to know".

Then he backs off, not wanting to make her any more uncomfortable (he certainly didn't mean to slap her), and turns his attention to the Ball of Light.

"Dake, wait. Let me."

OOC:
In-game, it hasn't been that long since i last used the Force for insight. Can i reach out with the Force into the ball and see if i can communicate or something?
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:46 am

Dake doesn't listen to the young padawan and reach for the light first.
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:11 pm

As Dake tries to walk, he finds that he can't make much progress within the semi-solid white mist that everyone is floating in. In fact, it sets him to slowly spinning around head over heal towards the light itself.

(Int 15) Dake deduces from his current situation that normal physics don't apply within this sphere and that maybe he should try a different tack.

Willing himself to stop spinning, he soon finds that it is so. He also finds that by willing himself towards the light that he begins slowly floating towards it. (You can fly at half your speed per move action when in this type of environment. You also have perfect control over this flight so long as you are able to make conscious commands. Otherwise, inertia will take over.) As Dake floats his way into the light looking at it begins to hurt, forcing him to block his eyes with his own hand (just closing his eye lids does nothing at this point).

(Perception check FAIL) He thinks he can see something in the middle from which the light is emanating from but he doesn't know what it is.

---------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Ominae tries to make mental contact with whatever is in the light but finds that the tremendous will keeping the dome in place also overwhelms any of his attempts to do so. It's like trying to paddle your way against the water of a rushing river using only your hands. Your feelings tell you that Ria is the source of this power and that she is at the center of the light.
Kolson

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:01 am

Just when he covers his eyes, Dake yells in pain to Ominae:

"I think that's what we call being blinded by a woman's beauty!"

He turns his back to the light but keeps willing himself towards it. Then a fabulous idea crosses his mind. He takes out his double-barrelled blaster carbine and points it in the light's opposite direction.

"Hey guys! I'm going to shoot! Get out of the way!"

OOC:
Use the Pilot skill to steer himself...

Roll: 15 (skill) + 16 (dice) = 31
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:09 am

*Steps into the line of fire, arms spread.

"Daaaake.... maybe you should think that one over!"

OOC:
Ominae will actively block Dake's shot - without his lightsaber (sorry, Dake, that's just way too dangerous in here).

If nothing horrible happens (gulp), Ominae will will himself towards the light as well. He'll keep his Force senses open in case Ria says anything, or he catches some disturbance or something.
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:35 am

Dake, keeping his eyes closed, cannot see Ominae prepping himself as a target. After a few seconds of what he considers plenty of time for the rest of the party to get out of the way, he shoots.

OOC:
That's beautiful.

After rolling Attack, I get 18. 19 if the Point Blank Shot feat applies here. I rolled 10 damage. 11 if Point Blank Shot applies.
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:16 am

ooc:
Not wanting to kill my character, i'll try to dodge once i realize how insane yours is, Zeiss.

Kolson, can my Deflect Skill avail me here to predict the shot if need be?

If Ominae is still standing after this, he''ll have to take a second to calm himself. Meditating for a few seconds should help, assuming something worse doesn't happen.
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:37 pm

OOC:
Oh my God K are you trying to die?! Don't ever say Korra doesn't have your back man.

And no, Deflect only works with a readied lightsaber for you. You CAN learn to do it in other ways but you currently lack the training to do so. If you are interested in potentially learning how we can discuss it elsewhere.

"Wait, what?" says Korra, quickly putting two and two together when Dake readies to shoot and Ominae decides to stop him by standing directly in the line of fire. Not a moment later she careens off of the young Jedi, knocking them both out of the way of the blast, potentially saving his life. Ominae and Korra both are now floating at a good speed towards the shield and will impact it next round if they don't figure out how to stop. (If Ominae's Int is at least 15 you'll figure it out automatically. If not you can try rolling Use the Force. Remember, that's 1d20 + your UtF skill.)

-----------------------------------------------

Meanwhile Dake manages to controlled-blast his way to the middle of the light, colliding with two objects in the middle. With a loud "Oof," the light disappears and a young girl and an old woman are revealed. Anyone looking instantly recognizes the girl as Ria, the mirialan seer from earlier. The silver haired old woman is also a mirialan, but her facial tattoo is both greater and more elaborate than the young girls. Her stern features are as fine as the robes she wears and a single-bladed lightsaber plated with electrum hangs from her belt.

Ominae:
Only masters of the Jedi Council wield lightsabers coated with the electrum finish. You'll notice this as soon as you start interacting with them.

"Granny, are you okay?!"shouts Ria as she comes to a stop.

"I'm not your granny!" shouts back the old woman, also coming to a stop. "So stop calling me that!"

She looks around confused for a moment until she sees Dake floating nearby. "Dake Sken. I should have known you were behind this tomfoolery, you rascal. That means that..."

She spots Ominae and Korra floating their respective directions towards the shield. Her eyes twinkle and the hint of a smile threatens to overcome her stern features but she makes no move to help them out of their current predicament. Rather, she watches intently to see what they do.
Kolson

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:48 pm

Now in pain, Dake doesn't lose any time and takes a good look at the old woman. Hearing her call him by his name confuses him.

"Hello yourself... huh... Granny."

He looks over at Ominae and Korra.

"Oh, hey, over here! I found her! Them!"

He looks back at the older woman.

"You're not going to help them, are you?"
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:27 am

"Hmmph. If that lot can't help themselves out of that predicament then no amount of help I offer them will ever solve their problems," The old woman answers obstinately.

A worried Ria chews on her lip for a few seconds as she watches Korrah and Ominae float towards the shield. Finally she yells, "But that's so mean! You don't really mean that, do you Granny?"

"I mean it well enough, little one. You can't help everyone and sometimes, folks need to help themselves some before you can get anywhere with them. And I'm not your granny! Either of you!"
Kolson

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:43 am

UtF:
Ominae is slightly dumber than 15, sadly (14).

Roll(1d20)+10:
12,+10
Total:22

I hope that makes the check.

ooc:
The only one i can figure to possibly fit the bill for the old Jedi Master would be Luminara Unduli, but i very much doubt it: she was just an advisor to the council, and the timing doesn't seem to fit either. Just to clear it, though, do the tattoos run down her chin, by any chance?
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:13 am

"I see, I see."

Dake's eyes were closed and he was continuously nodding to the old lady's words, as if he was in deep thoughts. However, as soon as she started to speak, he started to revolve around her like a satellite revolves around a planet.

"Ria, Granny has a good point, assuming they are in no danger, of course. That's what training is all about. The only thing we can do for them right now is watch over them. Please, join me."

He takes a meditative pose while still revolving around the old lady and then attempts to convince Ria to do the same.

OOC:
Use Persuasion. Total roll = 21.
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:47 pm

OOC:
The old lady does indeed have chin marks. In fact, she has many freckles too, though they aren't easy to see through her wrinkles. Just like Ria now that you look at both of them. They both have blue eyes as well.

Ominae and Korra both manage to stop before hitting the shield though it's a near thing for the young woman as her face stops within inches of the wall. Unscrunching her eyes to see what happened she sighs in relief. "Are you okay, Ominae!?" she yells, unable to to turn enough to get a clear view of you.

-------------------------------------------------

The young girl giggles at Dake's antics. "What are you doing?"

"Annoying an old woman is what he is doing. Your lucky Lorah isn't here or I'd get her to smack you one!"

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Kolson

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:01 am

Dake almost looks hurt by the old lady's words. He then approaches the young girl by making exaggerated motions with his arms and legs to make it look like he is swimming underwater.

"So, Ria. What kind of person do you want to be when you grow up?"
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:27 am

"Yeah!"

Ominae maneuvers over to her.

"Sorry, that was... sorry. Thanks."

He checks his bearings.

"C'mon, we gotta get to the center."

Awkwardly takes Korra's hand, and floats toward the two Mirialans. He stands before them when he reaches them.

"Master..." - he greets.
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:44 am

The girl says to Dake with no hesitation or hint of irony, "I'm going to be a Jedi Knight and fly around the galaxy with my friends and help people."

--------------------------------

The old Jedi tuts in disapproval. "Master? Master? Is that how you greet an old friend Ominae? Walk up to her and call her everything but her name?"
Kolson

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Ominae is surprised, but not bewildered. He tilts his head slightly, half realizing, half risking.

"Ria...?"
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:25 pm

"In that case, you'll have to join my crew. You could certainly teach Glitch some manners. Me as your captain and you as my trusted Jedi counsellor. We also have a pet named Boop. That's our mascot. How's that sound? Wanna join the team?"
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:46 pm

Young Ria clasps her hands and looks away embarrassed. "Mmm, maybe one day, but I'm not a Jedi yet."

------------------

Old Ria smiles warmly at Ominae. "Yes, it's good to see you. Even if it's a much younger you. Who is your friend?" She looks at Korra.
Kolson

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:01 pm

"This is Korra."

ooc:
Ominae isn't sure whether to mention Ylenic, even though i have a feeling Ria may already know. In practice it might be a good idea to mention him, not least of which because i'm pretty sure he was the one that spoke to Ominae back during the Hyperspace trip (it's just putting 2 and 2 together at this point), but it's more a matter of respecting Korra's privacy.

"So, if the me you know is much older," - he tells old Ria - "you can probably guess how little i know right now, about all this. From my point of view, it's been..."

Ominae stops himself as he was about to mention Operation Knightfall (he doesn't know the name of it, of course). The feeling of hundreds of Jedi, some of whom his friends, dying all around him, Vornar's sacrifice to buy him time and the rage he himself flew into as he took down the last 501st commandos standing in his way are not happy memories.

"It's year 981 after the Ruusan Reformation for me right now." - he says at length, after almost having to suppress a gag reflex.

Last edited by K on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:53 am; edited 5 times in total
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:03 pm

Dake smiles.

"It's settled then. When you're old enough, you'll join my crew and we will explore the galaxy. Pinky swear?"

He extends his right hand to her.
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:21 am

"Well, okay." The girl reaches out her hand locks pinkies with Dake.

---------------------------------------------

Old Ria tilts her head at the date watching Ominae closely. The seconds tick by until she finally nods in understanding. "Yes, a dark time the coming of the Empire was. Vornar was a good man, I am sorry for your loss."

She waits for Ominae to compose himself, however long he needs.

"For what it's worth I'm glad you and Dake are here. I need your help and I'm afraid I don't have much time to explain why. How much do you know about my power?"
Kolson

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next