March 2nd

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Archengeia on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:41 pm

Events move quickly over the next few hours.  The soldiers take Zeiss and Javan, blinded, gagged, and with ear blockers and bags over their heads.  The rest of the party tries to find out what info they can but aside from the fact that professional Sho-military soldiers were in the town, there are no concrete facts that they can determine, though after a rather successful check they are pretty certain the soldiers are based somewhere in the city, probably close to the port if one were to guess.

Zeiss and Javan awake, separately and in different cells, which appear surprisingly sparse.  The walls, ceiling, floors are all solid metal and have no features that might be toilets, water dispensers, or even basic chairs. 

Javan Only:
Javan manages to hear distant sounds of metal opening and closing, and what sounds like an engine in the background.

Both of you hear the occasional footsteps of boots on sharp metal, quite close by and clearly passing by your room once in a while. 

It is now late the evening of the 2nd, at about 8 PM.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Essoje on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Javan, although glad his back wasn't hurting as badly anymore, did not bother to get up until he was sure he had calmed himself down first. He backtracked in his mind everything that had happened to himself until that point, and made sure to understand his current predicament before getting up.

Considering how Javan was taken to his place, by whom he was taken and how this place looks, the best-case scenario in his head was a maximum security facility, which made Javan sit down again and look around his cell some more, hoping there was anything that he missed his first glance of this room.

Otherwise, he decided to wait for his captors to address him for his questioning.


Last edited by Essoje on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Zeiss on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Zeiss groans as he wakes up. He tries to stand up on his two feet, almost fall to the ground, but manages to keep his balance. Then he examines his new cell and the lack of accommodations.

"...Huh. I would rather be in an Aluvian prison right now."

He approaches the wall.

"Javan? Can you hear me?"

As he waits for a response, Zeiss tries to determine in what kind of facility he is.

OOC:
Knowledge engineering and elements. What kind of facility has floors made out of metal? I think I already know the answer, but I'm asking just in case. Also, from what I can tell, is there some magical safeguards in place? OH!? And where's Rainbow? My poor Eevee must be terrified. Sad


Last edited by Zeiss on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Rory on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:48 pm

retconned:
Post sent in context with Out-of-Character knowledge incorrectly assumed to be In-Character as well.

Hideout or Camp: Kolson and Rory

Once he manages to find safe haven with Kolson, Rory begins pacing, irate with the whole situation. The veil holding back his frustration becomes vented, just now seemingly tapped and brimming forth from untold depths.

"Damn it all, this again! We shouldn't have taken the Vyeotians' name, that was our first mistake," he fumed, sobering up. "Zeiss has been our lifeline for caution and most of this  'new undermarket' business. Dammit, it's him or no one, and we don't have the manpower or the right talent needed to just grab him and run... No, if it wasn't for Lightmane, that would have gotten us all arrested last time."

Rory's ranting doesn't follow the so-far-typical formula of hotheadedness or general hot air. His hand movements suggest he wants to wreck something, but holds back, and his words carry a rational tone.

He props himself up against the wall and thinks...for a while. "I'm tempted to just leave, but...what do they do when they catch people 'red-handed', and how quickly is the sentence carried out?"


Last edited by Rory on Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Archengeia on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:54 pm

@Zeiss: The metal appears to be polished steel.  No elements that you can determine.  No audible response to any cries.  You (and Javan) are both sans all your gear and dressed in basic robes with no amenities.  And you have no idea where Rainbow is.  Your Knowledge: Engineering is sufficient to tell that making a prison like this probably involves some kind of magnetic or magical seal on one of the walls that can be opened up, but if that's true then you are in a level of security that you have not yet encountered.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Kolson on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:12 am

Arch:
I'm not clear what I should be doing right now. Did I succeed in throwing the rapier into the sea and meet back up with Rory? Because that was the ultimate goal of my last post and you didn't address that.

Are we on the backburner until this story stuff with Zeiss and Javan is cleared up? I'd just like to know what you are going for here.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Archengeia on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:56 am

The rapier was successfully flung into the ocean.  If the rest of the party can chill if they want, or try to rescue Zeiss and Javan if they want, or leap off a cliff if they want.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Kolson on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:38 pm

"Hell if I know," Kolson says with a shrug. "This isn't my country and this is my first visit. Probably my last if we keep going at this rate."

He removes his hat and wipes the sweat off his forehead with his right arm. "Can you sense where Zeiss is, Advoc?"

Rory:
I'll remind you we don't know in-character that Zeiss gave himself up. We'll figure that out later when we ask around after them, when we try to rescue them.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Zeiss on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:54 pm

When Advoc joined the party, he explained that the soldiers captured Zeiss. However, he managed to hide the mirror so that Advoc could bring it to the rest of the party. Believing that it would be safer in Kolson's hands since he had an Exit materia, he gave him the precious heirloom. To his question. he answered :

"*insert Arch's response*".

Then he adds :

"Might I also suggest that we talk Glurghk of Squallidsallow for additional information?"

OOC:
Not going to say that Zeiss gave himself up.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by K on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:12 am

".................................."

(because sometimes you need to specify that a character isn't saying anything)
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Rory on Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:13 am

"We can't exactly take a tour and grab an instruction manual on Sho criminal justice, so we might as well. It would help us gauge how long he'll be locked up, and whether we have time to visit Kinzh'Lizakh and bargain for his support. On the off-chance the soldiers aren't after us too, we could visit him, but we need to know for sure."
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by K on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:15 am

"Well, i know life is cheaper here than what i'm used to, but i'm guessing murder of a high-ranking official of a foreign power gets you a few eternities jail time."
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Kolson on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:53 am

Arch:
What is the answer to this question: "Can you sense where Zeiss is, Advoc?"

Thank you. Smile
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Archengeia on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:58 am

OOC:
Sorry for the delay, I've never had a situation like this arise for Green Mages before so I had to make a ruling on the fly, so to speak.

Advoc hesitates for a long moment.  Then, stiltedly, informs Kolson and the others that he has a general sense of Zeiss as still being 'nearby', within a few miles... south of the city.  He mentions a vague impression of an enclosed box, but otherwise nothing.  Based on a quick memory check that means it's likely Zeiss is actually at the outskirts of the city, near that warehouse you'd set up as your defacto base in fact, where there's several abandoned buildings and otherwise not as much population or traffic.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by K on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:14 pm

"How long can you be up and about, isolated from your summoner like this?"
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Archengeia on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Indefinitely.  My... comrade decided to form a permanent bond with me.  Though I will begin to lose stability and intellectual capacity the longer I am away from him.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Rory on Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:46 pm

"Damn it. This again. We shouldn't have taken the Vyeotians' name, that was our first mistake."

Rory stews, sobering up, the mood of his tone alternating between his individual musings. He starts pacing, looking for an out, rambling on in his own little world. "No, if it wasn't for Lightmane, that would have gotten us all arrested last time...if we can assume this was indeed an official arrest made by Sho authorities. Meanwhile, Zeiss' 'avatar of light' over here is mentally deteriorating as we speak, so it won't be much help soon. Damn, we just have to go there, don't we? But what if it's those Vyeotian freaks? Oh...hmm, yes, that wouldn't be bad... But that would mean Zeiss is more at risk than just being caught by the law..."

He continues pacing...
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by K on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:41 pm

"I'll say it aloud. Javan turned himself in of his own accord. Despite that, i still want to rescue him, but if we follow him down just as blindly, we won't be doing him any favors. We need something smarter than just storming a heavily guarded military compound with just the four of us."
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Kolson on Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:11 am

"We aren't even ready to do that really. A vague direction is not a location. After we rest we'll need to split up; we need some resources and a location.

I'll be taking the mirror to the client and securing our deal. I'll need a volunteer to come with me to watch my back. The other team will need to go with Advoc and try to locate this prison to the south. Observe what you can but don't put yourselves in danger. All right. Who's going where?"
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Rory on Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:31 am

Rory snaps back into reality when the smart, sharply dressed red mage in red lays out their current course of action. "I got your back. I can stand still and look tough, and hopefully I won't get to have fun," he answers with a flicker of cheeky humor in an otherwise grim tone.

As he curls up on the ground, he mutters under his breath, droning quietly with this or that reason why it would be a good idea for the man on the other side of the coin flip to be deferential when he wakes: "Sorry big man, we're having a rough patch, as you probably remember..."
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by K on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:43 am

*To Advoc

"We should move now, while it's dark."
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Zeiss on Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:57 am

"I am quite easy to spot in the dark, but we still have to go. I'm ready."

Advoc follows Higaide.

OOC:
Going to retcon the south of town where Zeiss is being held. Advoc won't approach the facility since he's like a big torch. Higaide should be the one to do it. Also Arch, Higaide's character sheet, not the one in his signature but the one on the forum, is updated. Advoc's stealth is +14 and his awareness +13.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by K on Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:21 pm

ooc:
Zeiss said it. The sheet i've updating is the one on the forum (was there a problem i didn't know about?). Also, Arch, can we put a cloak over Advoc or something, so he won't stick out as much?
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Archengeia on Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:19 pm

It occurs to Higaide that using a cloak might partially conceal the light emanating off him, but will do nothing for the Light emanating off him should anyone be paying attention.  Eight dice stand ready for confirmation of action... quivering with anticipation...

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by K on Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Slim is better than none. Unless there's something i'm missing, i'd be a fool not to take every advantage i can, so i'm doing it.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum