Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Framed (again)

+2
Rory
Kolson
6 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Framed (again) - Page 6 Empty Re: Framed (again)

Post by K Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:17 am

You know, it does come to mind what Khinz said about it being unusual for the military to have a contingent in town during wartime. Their response time was pretty uncanny as well.

Lemme try and retrace this thing logically. The military, not the police, get intel that Zeiss is going to murder someone important from Aluvia. They then (assuming they acted immediately) deploy an armed squad of regulars to apprehend the person doing the murdering (not to stop the murder itself), and just so happen to arrive at the precise moment that Zeiss wanders into his room, just in time to get incriminated. I mean, props to the army for the perfect soap-opera timing.

Less props for the utter incompetence displayed in preventing whatever it was they were tipped off about. Because i have a very hard time believing this was something they acted on immediately; and that they just happened to have a hidden base set up nearby to deploy troops from, then promptly deploy the most conspicuous unit imaginable to arrive in time to deal with the aftermath, despite knowing exactly who they were looking for, and where.

Those soldiers had to have been in position long before, likely monitoring the situation. Yet they conveniently miss how the whole thing was rigged, the person Zeiss spotted fleeing the scene, and are fully committed to this idea that Zeiss is somehow part of this masterplan to push the two nations into war, despite lacking the most basic preparation to get away with it.

Oh, and they're now apparently packing up to leave, for some reason.

Arch, is it possible to intuit on whether or not this actually stinks?
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Hmm. I think we need to have a little plan set up in the event we have to unleash the beast.

Thog will awaken, you brief him on the plan: he will just focus on rampaging and causing a panic, while the rest of you "seize the opportunity" to sneak Zeiss and Javan away in the confusion.

As for direction, we will meet up at somewhere uh Earth Temple. Okay. We will meet up at the port city Zabad, barter passage to Barhedpur. While in Barhedpur, we will take a breather to get a lead on the assassins, which we will follow hopefully with the Earth Temple serving as a waypoint on the way. Yeah, is that cool?

I mean we kinda came here to find out what's going on with these real assassins and maybe just literally destroy them. I am sort of hoping that the Earth Temple isn't out of the way. Depending on how this goes, we may not have to bail(with or without a Tusker rampage), but this is my idea of how and where in case we do.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:18 pm

I don't really feel an Intuit is required for what's going on here, personally. BTW sorry about sporadic updates... like I said this is kinda a schedule permitting thing and the throat lesions attack of the previous week has killed my recording and sleep schedule.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:53 pm

There is but one path.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhslEgn_8SM

In response, I would be lying if I said I didn't feel the strain. We seem to be having a rash of symptoms of...having a life.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:39 pm

I didn't realize the updates were sporadic. I am studying for college anyway, so I understand the need to follow your schedule.

POWA TO BUTTERFLIES!

*cough cough*

About that knowledge politics roll Rory, I don't think I need to make one. Stealing is stealing. AND I do not want to screw up that deal that just got made. All our efforts could be wasted if I ever told them this little piece of information.

During his last stream, Arch gave me a hint about what to do. I already thought about doing the exact same thing, but I didn't think it would help. Waiting for the result of my roll.

*Goes back into my books to make my "dream" career come true.*
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:45 am

Librarian?

I like your latest post in the campaign. I think Ashur would approve.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:28 am

Yeah, I'll admit, if it was just Javan, this would have been game over for me, because one of the points of his personality is that he doesn't lie, ever (well, he did lie ONCE when I allowed the party to have control over him while I was away). Which came back to bite me in the ass in this situation. Thanks man.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 am

What do you wanna bet Zeiss' interrogator will just take what he said as just what he wanted to hear, and call it a confession.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Nah Rory. I'm studying to become a translator. And I have no idea who Ashur is. Explain right away or I'll send a commando of butterflies to get the truth out of you!

After that confession, I wonder if they'll just let me go away. I'm not the guilty one here. Cool

What a retarded justice system.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:44 pm

I wouldn't bet on it, and i'm not even sure these guys are legit anymore. Either the Sho really are this story's Cardassians, or those guys have an agenda.

If that interrogator really does take what you say as a confession, you can bet open war's gonna break out before long. Alluvia's gonna want blood for their dead official guy, and all the Sho will offer in return are accusations, implying the ruler of Holtburg as the architect of a high-profile murder, no less. The insult on top of injury on top of insult will be enough to spark a shitstorm, coumpounding an incident that was already too grave to smooth over to begin with.

And i'm starting to think that's what the people interrogating you right now actually want.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:05 pm

Well, a previous Knowledge Politics roll told me that what happens to me is irrelevant to the grand scheme of things and that it was impossible to smooth things over.

Might as well take that "get out of jail" card. Razz
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Dude, do you really think they're ever gonna release you?

You might get a reprieve from death row, but that's about it. If nothing else, they'll want to hold you as "proof" of Aluvia's culpability. You just don't get out of a situation like that with a few words, and if you do, i'll paint my signature in seizure colors.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:48 pm

From the series Spartacus, Starz' adaptation. Blood and flesh. I stick around for the story and blood. Ashur is a gladiator looked down on by the rest. He is a liar and a schemer and just downright poisonous. Zeiss would not like him.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:58 pm

Zeiss and Javan will, certainly, be made examples by the Sho Military, no doubt. But because the Sho does not believe in prisons as an answer, whatever heavy penalty is going to be given to the both of them will not include imprisonment.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Yeah, maybe they'll just chop your arms off, brand your face with a hot poker and soul bind you to never heal it, under pain of your organs starting to function backwards.

And slap a permanent tracking rune on you, for good measure.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:17 pm

That would be villainous and expected...of the Vyeotians, maybe. Were it any other villain in the setting, Zeiss would simply be killed. Murder absent imprisonment can only deserve equal retribution...or perhaps dismembering the offending limb(s) and magically compel them to heal over a period of years. A regen spell meant to last for a length of time equal to that of correctional isolation as sentenced in other regions of civilization.

Meanwhile, have a little confidence in your own writing, Orator. It's unfortunate you did not add additional words suggesting with edge what might happen if your fate were to be sealed, and you'll also have to roll deception for adding personal opinion of the members of the party to why you hid knowledge of the alleged mission and intent from them, but the rest of it is sound. It is now up to skill whether the interrogator is convinced.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:31 pm

You know, after many years of having characters lose their limbs, being branded, having magical trackers installed, on top of being mutated into a 'lower' race, be magically compelled to always tell the truth, be magically compelled to always tell lies, become a sleeping agent, forced to participate as the hunted on a human hunt, work a full month as a male stripper, and so on, you kinda expect those things to happen whenever any kind of judicial system is involved.

So... I'm kinda curious on what's going to happen this time, considering it's Arch we are talking about here.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:47 pm

You got me with the lies and the male stripper. If the Vyeotians intend anything short of death involving honorable practice and Zeiss remaining alive and unscathed, they will certainly have to provide a double for whatever "official" punishment awaits him.

It's a serious campaign, so whatever happens, I expect dramatic staple rather than the goofy and/or blurry boundary crossed--unless we get unpredictably reckless. When in company of allies, you have but to give the word, and I will unleash a titan.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Rory wrote:"...you'll also have to roll deception for adding personal opinion of the members of the party to why you hid knowledge of the alleged mission and intent from them..."

I already explained to the interrogator why I "hid" that knowledge from you guys : it wasn't your place to know. In the Sho Empire, social status is clearly defined and who and what you are determine how much power, money and information you can have. The reason you didn't know about Lightmane's orders is because as the Warlord of the Exchange, I was the one assigned to this mission and you weren't. 

Anything else? *takes an arrogant pose*
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Only thing is, our party isn't from Sho, and they know it. Just because they're socially retarded doesn't mean they're actually stupid.

Although, again, it all depends on how for real this guy is. I mean, how many hours did they make you wait until they finally interrogated you? That's not how you conduct an investigation, that's how you conduct entrapment. He may actually want you to testify to what you're telling him, or he may just go on record right now saying you said so, which wouldn't surprise me, given what we already know about this wonderful society's legal system. Though going full bore on that logic, he might as well have just offed you guys, and made up whatever story he wanted.

I'm awaiting Arch's next post with some anticipation.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Actually, from all we have learned from all this, we can say for certain that ultimately Zeiss allowing himself to get caught saved us from a party wipe by the simple reason that's the only way we could have transferred blame. Well, save from being national fugitives (or even international depending on how the politic part of the campaign went), or never have tried to flee in the first place.

It just dawned to me now, but take a good luck on all the results from Zeiss' knowledge rolls and the interrogators' lines: the long time they took was actually because the case was being judged, as per Sho custom, which means Zeiss and Javan's roles in those interrogations was only to confirm the 'head' of the operation, and Zeiss' link to Lady Lightmane would have used against Alluvia anyway. That's why I believe it's legit. It's just that Sho's legal system sucks hard, and is easy to manipulate from outside.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:23 am

We can say that? Odd, i can't say that at all.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:51 am

Yeah, well, Arch pretty clearly said in the streams that "the party is dead" when we first fled the scene, and "lie or die for nothing" as the interrogation went on and we tried to tell the truth.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:54 am

Well then, maybe i should just ask what i should do next, given that we were always gonna get railroaded into getting framed no matter what, and were all gonna die if we all fled and then have to collaborate into spreading this stupid lie that'll tear the continent apart. But then again, i don't even know why we had to do that heist in the first place, so what's one more to the pile, right?

I mean, i had been trying pretty hard not to be a cartoon character before, then just tried to call it a win if i somehow managed to avoid being a prop, but now i guess that's just not acceptable either, now is it? Let's just follow the grand plan and throw any agency we might've had out the window.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:21 am

I was kind of kidding in the Stream, I'd have come up with some way to let you guys survive if you decided to do whatever you wanted... that's the GM's job, after all. But the one thing I couldn't change was the framing, because that story's kind of already been written.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum