Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Framed (again)

+2
Rory
Kolson
6 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Framed (again) - Page 11 Empty Re: Framed (again)

Post by Rory Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:06 pm

Obviously there's some length of chain loose between their ankles to allow them to walk, K. Or else how are they walking? Pour acid on that. DM, back me up.

Right, communication stone. Got it.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:14 am

Yes, GM, please back him up, or i'll be very iffy about doing this.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:27 am

Hm? Oh, if someone pastes something like http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/, I find it personally hard to get offended by them. I mean, that's me, right there, screaming like I just lost a loved one and have been turned into a cyborg, but I cannot act so it all sounds ridiculous. Because No Internet does that to you. So no harm done. Very Happy

Also, plz clarify chain + acid stuff for ppls.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:22 am

You know, I'm super happy that this acid is even being talked about. It was sort of a dark horse contender for being useful but I figured what the hell.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:03 pm

Yes they have ankle chains as well, obviously. I'm not going to say anything regarding use of the acid, that's your decision.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:14 pm

Just wanna point out, Acid does more than just corrode straight down. The smoke it causes when it's reacting can cause permanent internal damage if you breathe that crap. It can splatter if it hits the wrong reagent (keep it away from water), and all kinds of fun stuff.

If the victims are cool with that, i'll pour away.

(mental note, let's ask for a bull cutter next time)
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:26 pm

Ok. Everyone hold your breath if you encounter the smoke. If you can't see it, hold your breath anyway. Goal is to get Zeiss and Javan able to move and get them out of the smoke. We don't need to stay and fight if we can get them free without a key from the guards.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:38 pm

First of all, sorry for not posting these last few days. It's the end of my term at college and I was swamped by work. Work I needed to finish to ensure myself a future where I could get myself a yapping wife, a beautiful dog and the latest Call of Duty.

As for throwing acid on my chains, please do not do that. There's smoke everywhere and I don't think any of you has the time nor skill to accomplish that without disabling my feet. Feel free to throw it on the soldiers though. Considering they would kill us without a proper trial, I wouldn't feel guilty about it. And it would be enjoyable to watch.

Arch, two questions : if Javan wasn't prone, could he use his Dragoon jump despite the chains around his feet? Also, can Advoc see what we assume is the leader of this group? After all, he was outside of the smoke before this rescue mission began (and still is).

I see two ways of getting out of there without getting rid of the chains : either Rory magically transforms into Thog (which I doubt he can do) and carries us like two bags full of popcorn, or I fly away and Javan jumps like the Dragoon he is, proving once and for all that Air trumps all other elements.

Or we could attempt to find out which of the soldiers possess the key to our salvation.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:54 am

How would it disable your feet? It'll corrode the chains instantly, you'll be free to run.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:21 am

I'm imagining a drop of acid that would fly away and land on one of my legs, which would turn this fantasy campaign into an Alien movie.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:43 am

I don't see how it would. The only way that'll happen is if someone uses it wrong. Just don't use it wrong and don't put it in your mouth. No pain no gain. You remember we've got a healer?

Okay. I have more. This is D-n-D. Pouring corrosive acid on iron chains means pouring corrosive acid on iron chains only. You'd have to have a negative Dex mod to fumble with the flask. It'll be a fine, steady stream pouring down, and I doubt that, as immobile as they are, Javan and Zeiss will have any trouble keeping still. In the smoke currently in the streets, you'd have to stand very close to see what you're doing, and you will be anyway to poor acid accurately onto iron chains to begin with. I must insist that any reasonable doubts to the contrary are hereby effectively relieved/countered. If I must be the one to "swing the sword", if only for peace of mind, I will. I will post shortly to prompt Higaide for the acid, which he can then hand to me or use himself, or decline(pending group consensus).

Last edited by Rory on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:09 am

I've always found it amusing when an adventure gets paused in RL while in-game there's a tense action scene playing out.

@Zeiss: Yes Advoc could see the various peoples, who are of course now in the smoke along with yourself, Javan, Rory, and Higaide. The only one NOT in the smoke is the one who went running out (not the leader, consequently). As for the Jump... Jump is an innately magical ability tied to the element of Air itself, and thus has a few simple requirements. One of those requirements is having a spear currently wielded. Theoretically if he did have a spear he could Jump right now as long as he had a target... but being bound as he is after the Jump succeeded there would be a few rolls to see how badly he lands and how much he damages himself in the process.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:32 pm

So i can assume they're not bound to the ground, and can thus be carried out? If we don't have his spear with us, could i theoretically disarm one of the guards and give it to Javan?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:02 pm

Kolson wrote:Higaide also gets Zeiss' sword as well our replacement spear for Javan.

You both get two iron daggers in case you need to cut any rope. Give the extras to Zeiss and Javan if it looks like they'll be able to help.

You both get a lock picking set in case we need Zeiss to do so.

I'll take one of the communication stones and one of you gets the other.

There you go K.

I guess I could pick the lock on the chains. Probably would be easier if we were out of the smoke. Javan could get the spear and jump on Kolson while I fly away like a beautiful butterfly. We get on the roofs, I do my thing and Advoc uses another spell while Kolson throw another smoke bomb to give us some time.

If worst comes to worst, we'll have to rely on the Alien acid.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Then i'll give Javan his spear. Whatever damage he'll incur in his escape, we can fix later, when we're not all under attack. If you can lift off while chained, Zeiss, we can take on the targets on the ground to cover you. Just gain as much distance as you can (probably best to land in the crowd), and Rory can carry you back the rest of the way.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:00 pm

Yes, retreat with our friends is best. Waiting on you K since you are the linchpin of any actions in this scenario. After all, I gave you all the equipment being talked about right now.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:25 pm

I'll be handing the spear to Javan with my next action. Just waiting to know Zeiss' takeoff capability while bound in chains, so i can prepare my followup accordingly.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:11 pm

There shouldn't be any problem. I'm okay. If I'm not, Rory will do his thing.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:41 pm

I was gonna wait for Arch to speak of it, but ok. I'm gonna post.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:28 am

If that acid can solve the problem the current plan ends up not fixing, I must insist that it be used before I play the trump card.

But I will relish in the chance to "cover for" them. Someone's gonna get learned how to play buttball.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:20 am

Forget the leader, should I just prepare to attack the next visible hostile enemy?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:28 am

As long as Zeiss is still on the ground, yes, but then you'll be the best suited of the two of us to carry him out of harm's way if he doesn't make it to safety (most likely, considering how he's in irons). I'll cover your retreat if/when it comes to that.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:09 am

Then it is happening!
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Might wanna throw another smoke bomb. Razz
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Something I need explained: the DnD description of Rage for 3.5e says that the +4 Constitution bonus grants 2 extra hp per level, the barbarian's "die/downed-at-the-end-of-the-Rage-if-any-of-these-are-depleted" hp. What I don't get is whether that means just 2*Lvl, or a (Con Mod +2)*Lvl formula. Which is it?

Here's my plan for how it goes from here.
Smoke bomb things: I had one, Kolson's inventory says he has 4. Let's assume we each had two to use, and Kolson kept one. I think since we realized our plan was botched, K and Rory both threw one smoke bomb each and caught the entire ensemble in the blast.

I am currently enraged, so K should be the one to throw the smoke, letting Kolson give us heals just before throwing it(alternatively, he could ready the heals if we're hit before the smokebomb is used, to save on mana in the event that we are not). I can finish off the prone enemy this round with a full attack while K frantically urges me to leave him and pick up Javan, which I could do next round with K's help. Alternatively, K could divide his attack as throwing a smokebomb and moving to the prone guy and attacking, while I help finish him off with a full attack.

By the end of the following round, I'm sure Zeiss will have moved to Kolson's position while benefiting concealment by the smoke. K and I can move to Javan and pick him up together, while Javan uses his wings to hover to alleviate some of the weight, allowing us to escape with the sound of the crowd as cover before the smoke clears. Just in case(and most likely), I can drop everything to throw down another smoke bomb if the smoke from the one K used clears up before we can haul off.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum