March 4th

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Rory on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:17 am

Rory bumrushes into the smoke for the first of either Zeiss or Javan he sees, knife in hand, to usher toward a spot positioning the smoke between them and the guards, mind racing as he hacks at the bindings to free the captive as quickly as he can--hacking at the binds of the other if left unattended by Higaide--before turning his ear in the direction of one of the guards whom he perceived to be the leader, contemplating an action to take upon freeing the captives.

"Who leads?" he mutters hoarsely to Zeiss when in proximity, who had just shouted in the state language. "I could clock 'im, shake their unity."
OOC:
I could Rage-charge the leader if I know who leads the squad to strike him prone as hard and as quick as I can, the intent being an Intimidation roll on top of that to Shake or otherwise scatter the morale of the squad. See Rolls for extra info.

Rolls:
Strength check to cut the bindings and fast: 19
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4733137/
--If I can use Athletics instead, here's the roll for that: 27
--http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4733141/

Awareness(Wis) to perceive correctly which of the guards is the leader: 24
Awareness: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4733140/
Something tells me that may be useless without a military background.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Kolson on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:22 pm

OOC:
I think rage charging the dude is a good idea, Rory. Speed is our friend.

If he can see well enough to do so, Kolson will aim a Fire 7 spell (one less mana, 1d10 extra damage) at up to 4 soldiers without hitting civilians or his own allies.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Archengeia on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:11 pm

A Holy Radiance bathes the area, granting all allies +1 to all non damaging rolls for the next 18 seconds. One of the Sclavi soldiers runs out of the smoke, screaming in terror.

Higaide and Rory both rush in. Higaide is quickly pierced by a clumsy blow that feels like it wasn't meant for him (12 damage), and a few more whifs and stabs at the air around them indicates the soldiers are currently stabbing blindly at whatever is in front of them. Rory manages to find the Elf and Elefairy prone on the ground, currently shackled in thick iron chains around their hands and feet, a bit too strong to break with strength or weapons alone. At about this time Higaide manages to grab the Moarsman who stabbed him and try to hurtle him blindly in the smoke at another attacker, though is uncertain if he hit anyone he did succeed in flinging the Moarsman.

Kolson has yet to find any targets of opportunity from his perch as the smoke has not cleared sufficiently yet, save for one Sclavi guard rushing out of the smoke screaming.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Kolson on Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:07 am

I'll bide my time and ready an action to nuke any soldiers trying to fight our group. Same deal as before: Fire 7 spell (one less mana, 1d10 extra damage) at up to 4 soldiers without hitting civilians or my own allies.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Rory on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:52 am

Rory hoarsely mutters an expletive when his knife collides with the iron chains. He grabs at them and tests their strength against his grip, but gives up at no avail, strapped for time. Presently a thought returns to him, a light shining so bright it could practically be seen glowing from behind his eyes.

"The...thing!" he sputtered in a hoarse tone, pressing Higaide. "The steel vial! Please tell me you've got it."


Last edited by Rory on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by K on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:46 pm

to Rory: "You might melt their legs off, if you poured it like that."

*Takes the spear and puts it in Javan's hands.

to Javan: "Take off. We'll cover you and take care of Zeiss."
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:53 am

Zeiss tries to get up on his feet on his own and prepares his Air Vent power, planning to use Advoc's vision to guide him out of the smoke and towards Kolson's location.

OOC:
I'll take that lockpick and rapier before I leave, if you want to give it to me that is. Maybe one of you will need to get me up on my feet. We'll see.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Rory on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:13 am

Rory drew his weapon and focused on the pulse in his head, and the dozen or so things that bugged him in the past few days, from tacky peeves to the memory of defending his "home". And pigeons. He took an offensive stance with the killing tool, ready to make a golfer swing. He leaned forward in preparation for a headlong charge, anticipating the next hostile target to become visible, feeling self-assured that he was going to ruin their day.

Rory is Enraged!
Actions:
Ready to Charge with a two-hand swing at the next hostile enemy to reappear, aside from the one who just ran out of the smoke. Intent is to knock down if possible and shout on contact to Intimidate(+14) the enemies.

I imagine golf has been invented. Or some game which involves swinging a club or bat to hit something or someone.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Javan, bewildered, looks for any target outside of the smoke to Jump to and spots the soldier who went running previously, leaping out and hitting him though doing minimal damage in the process. Javan succeeds on his rolls to not tumble to the ground in a heap, but lands a bit badly and loses his next round recovering from prone, still shackled.

By now the smoke has basically dispersed to the point where it no longer conceals anyone. The crowd of civilians, already spooked, sees the events transpiring and quickly devolves into a frightened mob, pushing over one another to get away from the scene as quickly as possible.

Zeiss has no real difficulties flying up into the air for the 9 rounds he has Flight, making his way to the second story window where Kolson awaits, weaving around the flames that Kolson hurtles Fire 7 at four of the soldiers present, hitting them for 31 Fire damage total. Rory, spotting the nearest enemy to him, manages to get the drop on him by Charging him and knocking him prone with a successful Strength check. He roars, though the soldiers seem unfazed.

One of the soldiers, who does not appear particularly different from the others, shouts "Kill the two deformed Elves, then the prisoners!" They all get strikes in, splitting their attacks between Rory and Higaide. Some of them miss, but most land, doing a total of 45 damage to Higaide and 59 to Rory.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:49 pm

Advoc approaches silently the battle, tightening his grip on both of his swords. He now stands near Rory, whose rage contrasts firmly with his own composure. All of a sudden, Advoc starts to hover in the air, surrounds himself with a shell of light while bright white pillars in the form of his own swords appear around him.

OOC:
Advoc casts The Past Is Dead. Intent to kill all soldiers.

Zeiss makes his way to Kolson so he can use the lockpick he was given on the chains that bind him, starting with the ones on his feet.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Kolson on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:17 pm

Kolson will use Cure 7 on Higaide (one less mana) and use one use of Double Cast to throw another Fire 7 (one less mana, 1d10 extra damage) at the same 4 soldiers if possible.

I'll leave the smoke bombs to you guys.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Archengeia on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:12 pm

For two rounds, Advoc goes wild and starts flinging blades of Light at the soldiers, managing to Down two of them. Kolson cures Higaide for 27, then manages to hit the soldiers again for 18 Fire damage each during the first round of this volley.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:49 pm

Zeiss is still trying to unlock his chains with his lockpick.

OOC:
Just posting to make sure everyone knows I did my turns.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Rory on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:16 am

Having taken several hits, Rory went on the defensive. After a quick glance over his shoulder, taking a mental note of a flanking enemy, he otherwise continued his assault on the enemy he had felled, however with less zeal.
actions:
On the defensive, full attack on the prone enemy. +1AC this round against one enemy focused on me, in the best position to flank.

+1 AP to the full attack.


Last edited by Rory on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by K on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Higaide makes note of the enemy positions in front of him, and lobs his last smoke bomb at where they're concentrated the most, preparing to dash in right after it.

Actions:
Not sure how many rounds, but lob smoke bomb, dash at the nearest enemy's last known position, grab and throw him at the second nearest enemy's last known position. Using a Charge for the grapple. Also, if i have enough move actions, i'd like to flank my first target, rather than running into his front like an idiot.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Archengeia on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:05 pm

Rory pummels his way into the prone Soldier, managing a total of 38 damage against the individual, who barely manages to return to his feat during the assault.

Zeiss grabs whatever he has nearby to try and open the lock on his chains, repeatedly, to no avail.

Higaide, nodding to himself, hurls the smoke bomb at his feet as he and his compatriot are effectively surrounded by all but one of the soldiers. He manages to charge one of the Moarsman, but partially fails at grappling him, instead merely occupying the soldier's time costing him his next round.

The remaining soldiers, shocked at the brutality of the 'Elf', begin focusing their attacks upon him, striking him for a total of 48 damage. One of the remaining declines to engage, instead moving to flank the other 'Elf' and attempts but fails to strike Higaide, supporting his comrade who is currently in grapple with him.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Rory on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Rory did not stop. He grimaced as blades carved into his flesh, growling in pain and rage-fueled indignation. The brief respite for the enemy, the interval of pulling his "punches", was over. He returned his full focus on smiting him dead already, the enemy unfortunate to have his attention first. "You cannot!" he bellowed. "He will die, and all of you with him!"

actions:
Full attack. Concentration check to complete my full attack uninterrupted by blows landed, if possible.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:20 am

Unable to unlock his chains, Zeiss decides to focus his efforts elsewhere. He spots the one he assumes is the leader of this unit and in an effort to help Rory and Higaide, he yells at him :

"The shattersticks they wear will explode if you kill them!"

OOC:
This is my second usage of one of my Orator abilities for the day, in this case being Stall.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by K on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:29 am

Clearly, a heavily armored opponent was not the easiest thing in the world to toss around, Higaide quickly noted. Still, considering the life-or-death nature of his immediate success or failure in throwing his heavily armored opponent at his counterpart, currently engaged in trying to run him through, committing every ounce of his strength to the task seems like a very worthy pursuit.

action:
Burn AP, burn Charge, and whatever else i may be overlooking to get the job done, and toss that armored Sclavi at the one trying to spear me.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Archengeia on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:20 am

Zeiss' knowledge of politics can tell him that the leader of the group is, in fact, the one who fled screaming from his earlier attack right at the start of combat. Nevertheless he convinces one of the engaging soldiers to Stall successfully. Meanwhile, Advoc has been frenzily destroying everything he sees, managing to severely wound two of the soldiers currently crowding around Rory.

Rory barely manages to concentrate enough to unleash a fully volley of blows on one of his assaulters, bringing him to Downed, leaving 2 on Rory and 2 on Higaide.

For his part, Higaide burns everything to roll a total of a 12 in throwing the Sclavi.

Fortunately for him, the officer who was fleeing has just now recovered and shouts some brief orders in Serpent, and the four remaining soldiers make a combative withdraw and begin running full tilt towards the west.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:52 pm

The party regroups down in the street while Advoc casts for one last time Holy Radiance on the fleeing soldiers. Zeiss then says in a tense tone:

"I wasn't able to take off these chains. Frigging lockpick. Higaide? Could you search these two soldiers on the ground for a key? And if they're not dead, I would suggest that you stabilize them. They were only following orders after all."

At this moment, I suspect that Rory will suggest that we use the acid, which Zeiss would agree with.

If successful, the party will then make their way towards the Tipsy Princess, where the confiscated equipment is.

OOC:
I hope the tavern isn't west, where the soldiers fled to.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Rory on Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:06 pm

"No, their lives are forfeit," Rory huffed, squatting to search the soldier in front of him. His blood cooled down to a simmer. "Join the Vyeotians and you forfeit your life. This message must not go unenforced, ever. Higgs, acid."

ooc:
I will roll Awareness while searching to notice any tricks or any unpleasant consequences to my searching. 12

Rory is no longer Enraged. Zeiss, I don't think you can use Holy Radiance again, it's a desperation action.

I noticed that my attacks were described as "blows" and "pummeling". If that's because my attacks were unarmed, please note that my martial damage with a weapon equipped is shown in my "equipment" in my profile character sheet for reference, specifically the granite longsword and the iron longbow.

However, if the descriptors were referencing the blunt attacks of my granite longsword, ignore the previous notice.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:20 am

"You have acid? Let's try it."

OOC:
You should post your attempt to stabilize the soldiers if you're planning to do it K.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by K on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:21 pm

*Tosses the Acid vial to Rory.

"Get him somewhere safe first, and be careful with that."

*Moves to check the soldiers for keys. Also, lifesigns.

Action:
Heal check on any soldier that can (and needs to) be stabilized, then pick up Javan and get the frell outta dodge (i'm assuming Rory is gonna rendezvous with Kolson, i'll do the same).
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Rory on Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:27 pm

Rory lingered at the body a moment, then picked up the acid and grabbed Zeiss by the chains around his arms/hands, dragging the poor elf into the building Kolson was perched in, and then hauled Javan inside as well, finding a spot that could be considered "safe".

"Sit still," he ordered as he opened the vial, pouring acid on the loose chain links between Zeiss' and Javan's feet, doing his best to focus on being precise.

ooc:
Roll Concentration. I could take 10 for 17 if that would be enough.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum