March 4th

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:07 pm

Dragged along like a prisoner, again, Zeiss decided to speak up this time.

"Hey! My parents taught me how to walk just fine, thank you."

Rory didn't listen. When they found themselves into the building, he decided to ask him what he was doing but couldn't put a word that the human was already pouring acid onto his chains.

"Wha- No no no! You didn't even wait for the key! To the left! A little more to the left! Don't kill my feet!"

OOC:
Just roleplaying for the fun of it.


Last edited by Zeiss on Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Rory on Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:32 pm

"He won't find the key," Rory grumbled, blocking out the frantic advice. "We need to find something to get these manacles off...and what did I just say!?"
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Archengeia on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:32 pm

Rory does not find anything of note on the soldier other than the obvious; weapon and armor, both time consuming to remove. Fortunately for him his Concentration is sufficient to not remove pieces of Zeiss along with the melting steel, leaving Zeiss with new matching manacle ankle and wrist bracelets with small bits of steel attached where the chain used to be.

Higaide successfully stabilizes one of the soldiers, one Rory was beating on with his bludgeoning-damaging weapon. The others are too far gone from Advoc's attacks.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:37 am

"Oh! by the Eight! I still have my feet! They're still there! Good good! Let's do the same for Javan and get out of here. If we manage to escape, I'll buy you a cask full of beer. And some manners to go with it."

OOC:
Since I only have a rapier with me, which makes me pretty useless in combat, I hope I can be at least amusing.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Rory on Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:19 am

"If Higgs over there gives us each back 4 minutes of our lives and this time leaves the 'soldiers' where they lie, I'll change my tune and sing one of them theater songs," Rory grumbled. Then, he snickered, "Hmm, don't suppose we could just carry the Fairy...? Nah. Here Zeiss, your turn. I'm sure this would be much less tricky for you."
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by K on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:45 am

Rory wrote:If Higgs over there gives us each back 4 minutes of our lives

"No problem, just fill out the requisition form with my secretary."
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:54 am

Zeiss looks at the flask of acid, uncertain.

OOC:
Arch, if I can use Deftness instead of Concentration to melt Javan's chains, I'll do it. I'll take 10, which brings the total to 24. If I can't do that, I'll give the honor to Rory.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Archengeia on Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:00 am

Zeiss realizes that he may try Deftness instead, though it will be slightly more difficult.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:03 am

Zeiss uses the flask of acid on Javan's chains.

OOC:
Take 10, 24 total. Add my non-combat AP please.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Archengeia on Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:17 am

Zeiss manages an amazing 25 on his roll, which happens to barely avoid melting anything unpleasant from the crystalline Fairy's form.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:08 am

We move as stealthily as possible towards the Tipsy Princess where we will try to find a vantage point at which we'll be able to hide and plan our next move.

OOC:
Someone scratch one of our smoke bombs from his inventory. Even if they retreated, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the soldiers is hiding to track our movements.

Zeiss will also roll Awareness to detect any enemy while we're on our way towards the tavern. And Stealth. I take 10 on both of these rolls, which puts me to 25 for awareness and 28 for stealth.

Yeah, I have that much skill points. Not even using a woven item. Cool
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:39 pm

For reference one cannot Take 10 or 20 on any action that involves failure being damaging or catastrophic. Zeiss actually rolled on his own for the previous roll, since he could not Take 10 on pouring acid over Javan's hands.

Realizing this and the need for agency, Zeiss tries to sneak towards the tavern assumably on his own, unless he's dragging the decidedly un-stealthy party with him. He is reasonably certain he gets there unseen as no one points or yells or otherwise, him having had the good idea to grab a traveler's cloak off a sleeping vagrant en route, and does not spot nor hear any otherwise uncommon commotion.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:29 pm

Zeiss scouts the tavern alone by observing it safely from a safe distance. He tries to determine how many soldiers are stationed there, what kind of equipment they possess, the number of entry points into the building itself and the possible escape routes he could use to lose the potential pursuers.

OOC:
Thank you for the clarification Arch. Good thing I used my non-combat AP. Also, I'll take one smoke bomb from one of my dear companions in case I'm noticed.

I roll Stealth again while I observe this place. If my first awareness roll doesn't give me all the answers I need and Zeiss feels confident enough about how well he's concealed, I'll roll 20 on Awareness. Assuming, of course, failure wouldn't result in a catastrophic outcome.

If I can mind-link with Advoc from here, I'll do so to tell the rest of the party what I learned. If not, I'll go back.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Kolson on Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:44 am

OOC:
I'll mark the smoke bomb out of my inventory. I think you have the last one.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Archengeia on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:33 am

Zeiss arrives at the tavern and begins scouting it, nervous for he sees no visible nor obvious soldiers. Deciding on a whim to sneak closer he manages to nonchalantly walk by several windows, sneaking a glance inside, but similarly spies nothing out of the ordinary.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:11 pm

Edited

If there's nobody in the tavern, Zeiss will enter it and search for Rainbow and his equipment (including Javan's). If there are civilians present, he will try to find a way to sneak into the building and do the same thing. Or just walk right and pretend he has the right to be there if he feels these people are gullible enough to believe him.

In the event he does get the equipment back, he will immediately pet Rainbow for a few seconds and quickly check for two things: tracking devices and bombs (*cough* Metal Gear *cough*). If he finds any of these in their belongings, he will leave them there. Or if there's no urgency, he will place the bomb in one of the officers' bed and the tracking device in one of their pants. He will also change his cloak for the one he bought way back into Al-Erat and also slip on his bracelet of concealment. Then he will leave.

OOC:
Awareness, Find Traps and Stealth checks. Disable traps only if necessary to get the equipment back. Advoc is still back with the party. If they can still talk telepathically, Zeiss will inform the party through Advoc of what he's doing. Activate bracelet of concealment when possible.

Description of bracelet of concealment: can change the wearer's face, voice's tone and skin color for 1d4 hour(s).
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:11 am

In short order Zeiss manages to find his gear, having to Diplomacy and Deception his way through the tavernkeep who (thanks to his usage of the Bracelet of Concealment) believes he is one of the soldiers and shows him to the room where they were keeping their belongings, and one rather scared Eevee. For the most part the equipment appears untampered with, with the sole exception of a single one of Zeiss' gold coins which he rolls way higher than he should have to discover is Woven with a tracking spell, similar to the one Kolson employed not too long ago.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:11 am

Zeiss smiles at his Eevee.

"Calm down Rainbow. We're going home."

After he made sure she recognized him, he takes the equipment back with him and leaves the tampered piece of gold in the room. He joins with the rest of the party and they find a place where they can change into their usual gear. When this is done, the party will go where they last saw the "tanks" and Zeiss will scout the area.

OOC:
Minus 1 gold from my inventory. I changed my skills in my signature (the thing below this post) to reflect the bonuses my gear gives me.

For when I scout, I will do the usual rolls when necessary: stealth, awareness, deception, find traps. Will try to determine how many soldiers and tanks there are (if they're there at all), what weaknesses these machines could have, what method of sabotage would be the most effective (roll knowledge engineering), which routes we could use to get to them, the patrols' pattern and the escape routes we will undoubtedly have need for. While Zeiss does this, the rest of the party will try to heal up a little and prepare the horses for our escape.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Rory on Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:50 pm

Rory pulled out a magical kit and, after making sense of the instructions, applied it to heal wounds he'd suffered in the ambush and rescue.

Heal Check:
Treated healing kit(+20 heal, +10 hp) used in Heal check, 10+20+1d20.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by K on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:19 pm

*Notices Rory patching himself up and remembers he's not in the greatest shape himself.

Heal +11:
Heal check on self.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:21 pm

Except for the gear he's wearing, Zeiss gives the rest of his equipment and gold to Kolson so he can have a look at it and discover any other woven object.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Essoje on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:39 pm

Javan, curious about Zeiss' reasons for checking the gear and gold, gives his own gear and gold to Kolson as well, on top of checking for elemental composition and such, looking for minute changes. Probably not going to find anything, but better safe than sorry.

OOC:
Knowledge elements +20 check on all retrieved gear and gold
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:49 pm

Rory heals himself for 15, Higaide for 6. If Kolson insists upon checking all of the gear, it will take some time to do so.

Zeiss, for his part, heads towards where the tanks and soldiers should be to find them not there. There are signs here and there of them having been here recently... grooves in the roads, chunks of buildings knicked and battered away, tidbits of crates that used to hold supplies here and there.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Kolson on Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:06 am

Kolson will take the time to check the gear. Weaving +23

Can I spend my nonbattle AP to speed up the check?
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:28 am

Zeiss will go back to the party and ask Kolson to check the gear he's also wearing.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum