March 4th

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Archengeia on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:10 pm

Non-Combat AP will speed it up to merely taking about 90 minutes.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Kolson on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:06 am

Then that's what I'll do, thank you. Smile
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Archengeia on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:23 am

A mere 90 minutes later Kolson is fairly certain he has found a mere 3 additional coins with the Weaving Tracking on them.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Rory on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:58 am

"Wonderful, now if there's nothing else tying us down here, let's get to the horses. We just got reunited, let's not give them another chance to split us up and pick us off."

OOC: Onward ho, to them horses and then the boat.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:12 am

"I'm with you on this. I still owe you a cask of beer, right?"

OOC:
To the boat! Zeiss will make sure future shipments of food will happen. Will send a messenger to our supplier with a letter if need be (roll knowledge politics). If it is best that I do, I'll write it in Serpent and make sure I'm grateful for his help with our escape (using vague terms so that his involvement remains secret in case the letter is intercepted). Not gonna sign the letter obviously. Just make the content vague enough to make it look ordinary but obvious to him that I am the sender. Will also imply that we should look into these people who would help dodging these tariffs and inspectors he was talking about to Kolson.

And if we're lucky enough to have the boat ready to leave when we get there, with the food, we'll do so and have another look at our gear. I think the whole party should roll on this just to be certain. I certainly will.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Kolson on Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:40 pm

Before I throw them away can I glean anything about their crafter from the tracking coins? Weaving logic, what school of thought they come from, something like that?

Otherwise, Kolson is done and looking forward to sharing a beer with his comrades.

Just a friendly reminder to you guys, we can't trust the smugglers, so always travel in pairs when walking around the ship and keep an eye out for suspicious behavior.

Also, don't use your real names. I'll be Farwikt again during the voyage.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Rory on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:20 pm

"I suppose that's...oh boy," Rory stuttered at the advise of using a fake name again. "Ah, mmh...my name'll be Orran. I forgot the other one, sorry. I agree though, let's be sure to never go off on our own while we're with these ones, especially when 'switching partners'. We'll be split into 2-and-3 at all times."

RP:
Rory will seize an opportunity to strike up a chat with Kolson on the ship later. Can I start a thread in the OOC subforum with "Framed" and "Plotting a Heist"?
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Archengeia on Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:43 pm

Kolson is reasonably certain that whomever Wove the coins was a Yellow Mage, and probably did so here and in a hurry, which is why they were so easy to detect even from a non-Weaver.

With the aid of some surprisingly lucky fast-talking on the part of the group, their usage of fake names, as well as a few coins slipped here or there (lose 4g, doesn't matter whom) the party makes it back to their ship and heading northwards to Holtburg without incident. The journey will take a little over three days at the leisurely pace the captain is currently setting.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:57 am

Just as he is looking at Kinshoy for one last time, Zeiss sighs in relief. He approaches his companions and say:

"Thank you for rescuing us. I appreciate it."

He turns around and walks away to find himself a good spot on the bridge. He takes out one wooden mug from his bag, pours himself some water and puts one drop of golden rum in it. He then sits down, looks at the horizon, and gets himself drunk.

OOC:
Took 4 pieces of gold out of the group fund. Will try to estimate for how much that shipment of food we're bringing with us will sell.

When we arrive at Holtburg, I won't try to hide who I am. This is my country and I won't act as a fugitive there.

Oh, and I'm not planning to stay drunk for the next three days. Just today.

Edited

ALSO going to take care of Zeiss' and Javan's chains. Then throw them into the ocean.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Zeiss on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:20 pm

Edited 20 February 2015


Zeiss' actions for when we debark to Holtburg:


  • Go to Lightmane's office with my magically sealed letter which contains my report on our last mission to Kinshoy. No mention of our food deal, but will explain why I blamed the murder on Lady Lightmane. They were already going to blame her anyway, so might as well turn it to my advantage. AND they kind of forced my hand anyway. Diplomacy rolls and all that.
  • Who the hell was that guy who got killed? Surely someone at Lightmane's office knew. If his death hasn't been made public, I'll keep it under wraps.
  • Go to the Veil and asses the Exchange situation. Want to see how Sareth fared with the "army" I asked him to recruit and if he managed to find our three childhood friends. Will take some time with them to catch up. The rest of the party is welcome to come. We'll buy some beer.
  • I want to know where the pieces are on the Undermarket board. If it was Civ 5, it would mean scouting out to see who my neighbours are and what forces they have at their disposition. Are they willing to talk?
  • Let's find someone to sell the food we got. Probably directly to the Aluvian military.
  • I need to speak to Radnaald of Highspring. Is he still in Janwall?
  • Got to find a white mage for the party. I will review the candidates before making a decision. Preferably someone who left the Order due to "philosophical differences" and who wouldn't mind working for "criminals" like us.
  • Send the agents to see how Zeiss is seen by the general population. If they even know him. What do they think?
  • Zeiss will talk to the rest of the party privately and tell them what he is planning for the next day: to find his father in Glenden Wood and either bring him back to Holtburg or send him to Colier. To protect him. Zeiss doesn't want to involve him with this business, but he knows that his father would admonish him if he let some assassins get in the way. That guy was an adventurer after all and knows how to defend himself. Anyone who wants to come with him can. One detail: Zeiss hasn't seen his father in 10 years and doesn't even know if he's still in Glenden Wood anymore or even alive. Zeiss' daddy might yell.


That's all for now.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 4th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum