Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP: March 5th(Kolson+Rory), "The seas don't choose their temper"

2 posters

Go down

RP: March 5th(Kolson+Rory), "The seas don't choose their temper" Empty RP: March 5th(Kolson+Rory), "The seas don't choose their temper"

Post by Rory Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:00 am

Rory, under the alias as "Orran", breathed deep of the sea air. He had been sticking around Kolson, who agreed when freed up to accompany the barbarian for a walk on the deck and fresh air. He leaned on the railing portside near the bow of the vessel. He opened a waterskin, filled with...water.

"Beautiful day, 'Farwikt'," he sighed, stilled in quiet praise of the weather. "Cool, calm, and just the right wind speed. It's invigorating. Not that I've had any proper sailing time. I'll bet I would have been really good at it though. It's times like these I wish I was home. It's close enough that I really start to imagine being there. But, here I am."

Last edited by Rory on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

RP: March 5th(Kolson+Rory), "The seas don't choose their temper" Empty Re: RP: March 5th(Kolson+Rory), "The seas don't choose their temper"

Post by Kolson Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:38 am

Kolson joined his friend at the railing, watching the play of the water in the ship's wake. "Z mentioned one time that you were from the coast of your land. What was your village like?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

RP: March 5th(Kolson+Rory), "The seas don't choose their temper" Empty Re: RP: March 5th(Kolson+Rory), "The seas don't choose their temper"

Post by Rory Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:16 pm

"We were carefree. Whenever the heat became uncomfortable, the water was right there," he smiled, seizing the opportunity to spout off.

"Like most coastline settlements, I'm sure, but different in a way. Not that we'd ditch our jobs to relax, but we didn't earn or exchange currency unless it was with the more civilized places. We were self sufficient. By choice, we isolated ourselves. I think it had something to do with cultures blurring, and our carefree life changing, and that we'd have to...formally recognize the rest of the world and play in its games."

"Z. Z said that? Of all people, I thought the one she'd least be willing to gossip about is me. I'm sure the kid's upset that she committed anything about my life to memory."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:06 am

Kolson smiled at the memory of the enigmatic "elf."

"Yes, I wouldn't be expecting any party invitations from that one any time this century. But I asked and she answered. She was always moving around keeping an eye on all of us, always afraid we'd turn on her one day or some such nonsense. I'd be surprised if she's ever been close to anyone."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:37 am

"It wasn't as if all of us were trying. Me least of all. Whenever she acted strange or went off alone, I always assumed the worst."

"Way back when we all started out together, I called you guys 'friends'," he wondered, reminiscing. "Remember that? I don't think I wanted it to be true so much as just not wanting to be by myself. Even then, I've been a... a sore-losing, tantrum-throwing pain in the ass, from day one. And it was petty."

"It took way worse than having to make the most of my new life to wake up." Rory rambled on, seizing the opportunity to pour out everything on his mind. "A whole town blowing up. The same happening to a whole lot of land and refugees. Being cursed with having to share the same body with a new person. And then these assassins making it personal. All of it, like some outside force took it upon themselves to show me just how unwarranted my attitude was and just how much worse it could be. It sucks to admit, if I could take it all back, I'd kick myself in the pants and choose to be..."

A moment after trailing off, he chuckled when he'd settled on the right word, so simple, yet so true. "...Nicer."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:03 am

Kolson is momentarily taken aback by Rory's confession. He had never heard him talk so frankly about himself or his own failings, much less own up to them. "I remember. I also remember almost coming to blows with you over your past churlish behavior. But that was a long time ago. You've proven over and over and over again that you're more than just some uncaring brute that rages at secretaries."

Kolson smiles and chuckles at the old joke. He claps his friend on the back before continuing, "But more importantly I trust you. You're one of the few people I know who always has my back and I want you to know that I appreciate it. That we all do."

OOC:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:31 am

Rory laughed with him. "I didn't know you trusted me that much. At least I proved worthy of it, eh? Well I'm done wallowing in self-pity. Nothing good ever came from choosing to stay mad at the world."

He turned his gaze back to the waters, and to where they met the sky in the distance. "There she is," he said, with a lazy sweep of his hand. "Gods only know the strength of the current far below, or what dangers devour each other in the dark; from here, it looks so serene."

"Alright, your turn. Don't suppose you have anything to share, but it's only fair. What do you regret? Or I mean," he hastily added, "what are you thinking? You haven't shared much of your size of it, of our amazing adventures."

OOC:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:26 am

"Who me? Actually, other than Tia you are the first person who ever asked," Kolson laughs. He looks off into the distance contemplating the question and almost a minute goes by before he speaks again.

"If you'd asked me a year ago what I'd be doing right now I would have said making furniture in Holtburg and driving Van crazy with my expansion plans and stupid jokes. That dream seems so far away now. Like its this quaint little thing that a sane person dreamed up one day and told me about over tea. And we both agreed it was a perfectly nice little dream and then went back to talking about this or that and nothing at all."

Kolson smiles wistfully. "Did you know it was supposed to be a simple four months of adventuring? You know, get out, see the world, meet new people, make some money. Maybe meet some nice girl, maybe fall in love. Or at least lust."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:49 am

"A girl, huh? You still got another three months," he smirked. "After all, you're meeting new people every day, looting ruins, traveling. On women, I guess you could wait until this whole thing blows over. Or maybe stay in the Exchange and get together with Gretta, if she's your type. Think about it, your furniture shop could be a front, you could be the 'enchanter warlord' near the top, next to Oghren and Bonebreaker."

"For me, it's been the opposite. I didn't think much about it, but I got pulled out of a rut. I didn't see much of a future, and I couldn't muster the drive to find love. Hopefully after this is over, I can aim high, for myself and getting together with my people, help them find a home. I still like this, though, the fact that we have too much on our plate notwithstanding. What about you?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:32 am

Kolson makes a noncommital grunt at Rory's suggestion of Greta. He doesn't seem too keen on the idea and is content to change the subject. "Well, we have met some interesting people so I can honestly say I like the travel. But these aren't the times I would choose to live in. World war. Entire populations killed or displaced. Economy in shambles. A group starting wars for reasons unknown. And a rogue Scion doing the Elements knows what. Man I sure hope Snarg and the others are okay."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:37 pm

Rory lost his mirth as the mood darkened. "I know what you mean. I'm worried too. If they come calling, I will drop everything. I know you'd do the same. Until then, us five'll put an end to 'these bastards'. We make sure they never get more lives than they already have. I know you're with me on this."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:29 am

"To the end my friend, to the end. You know, there's this little pub the sailors always loved down in the docks district. We should go when we get back. We can get some fresh fish and chips and drink some seasonal beer. It's really good."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:39 pm

"Sounds like fun for the whole group," he beamed. "We'll all rent rooms and head over there."

ooc:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:53 pm

OOC:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down