Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome back home

+2
K
Zeiss
6 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Welcome back home - Page 6 Empty Re: Welcome back home

Post by Essoje Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:51 pm

Yeah, I also went '???' at Rory's post. Still am actually.

And Arch, I hope whatever is to come gets solved in the best way possible.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:36 pm

I don't get Rory's post either. Sorry, I tried.

But I understand that he liked my hierarchy tree. So thumbs up.

And I guess I should also inform you guys that in the next months, I may disappear for a week or two. Maybe.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:14 pm

All that matters is that Arch gets it.

As for your pending disappearance, you'll tell us when it happens, right? I myself am going to be absent for a week in May/June. I don't have the exact date, but I'll just have to get a reminder of when exactly.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:56 pm

I'll try. But if I haven't visited the forum for more than a day, you'll know I'm busy battling butterflies on Quebec's plains.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:21 am

We are all planning ready to disappear, it seems. I also might be the first to do it, as I'm looking into escaping freaking carnival here in Salvador and go Somewhere-Quiet for a week or two.

It just so happens Somewhere-Quiet also has shitty internet (and electricity) that only works when it wants to, so might as well not even bother trying to go online.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:10 am

I absolutely understand why you would want to do that. There was something similar happening every year in the small town I used to live in. It was really annoying.

Now, I want to talk about the campaign format. It needs to be refined, so me and Kolson talked about it and we had an idea on how to make this easier because right now, this is a mess. So Arch, here's our proposition:

The players can take three major actions per day (morning/afternoon/evening). If the players wish to to take smaller actions which do not require as much time, they can convert 1 major action to 4 smaller actions. For example, let's see how Zeiss' actions would look like for the 8th of March:

Morning, 4 small actions:

1. Try to find a talented thief in a public place that I could hire.
  2. Sell my gems which are: [already told Arch and he told me what I would get for them]
  3. Go through Bonebreaker's paperwork if there is any. I will rearrange his office to my liking if there is none.
  4. Give the Leycite to Kolson because he has the Exit materia. We also find out how much we can sell it (roll everything we have) and base ourselves on the Magicite's price.

Afternoon, 1 major action:

• Go meet Ursolan of Prowler at Lightmane's office to see if Lady Lightmane would be interested in buying the Leycite.
  • Details: I am diplomatic. I give Ursolan a piece of paper on which are written the Leycite's properties and the price we're asking for it. We're willing to change the price if we're given important economic or political rights instead. Will burn two uses of my Orator ability Persuasion.

Evening, 4 small actions:

1. Ask Van to interview the human craftsmen to hire them.
  2. Send letter to Gretta. What do I write about? I tell her that Kolson will come soon to discuss the deal with Olthoi and give him full authority on the matter. How do I write it? In dwarven and I am diplomatic about it.
  3. Send letter to Radnaal of Highspring. What do I write about? I attempt to convince him to become the Exchange's Marshal and to recommend me someone if he refuses. How do I write it? My argument: he is a good man who wouldn't abuse of his power, he avoids bloodshed when possible, he can deal with unusual threats and I need people who are looking to fight for a good cause instead of just making a buck. The letter is written in elven and I am diplomatic. I burn one use of my Orator ability Persuasion if possible.
  4. I assign Sareth to contact the Aluvian military so we can sell them our food. If they don't want to buy it, Sareth must find the highest Aluvian bidder.

Of course, in this case I did a lot of small actions but I cannot post anything else for the day since I am limited to this number of actions. Which is good. And Arch can give give quick answers.

Morning:

1. You find a Mosswart thief who is willing to be hired.
  2. You get 4gp.
  3. You find these few details...
  4. You think you can sell the Leycite for 10 Writs (example).

Afternoon:

• Ursolan will get back to you in the morning, but you think you have a good chance at selling the Leycite.

Evening:

1. Van will interview them until tomorrow evening.
  2. Letter sent.
  3. Letter sent.
  4. Sareth is gone to make contact.

The purpose of this system is to make everything easier for our GM. So we should try not to explain why we are doing what we do, but how. And when we get to the next day (turn), he gives us the results of our actions.

So, what do you guys think about it?
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:27 am

If we wanted to simplify things so Arch has an easier time to keep track of all characters each doing their own stuff in their separate ways, the game designer in me screams 'This is not the way to do it!'.

The '1 day = 1 turn' already proposed and agreed upon is already the solution. So unless Arch himself likes of idea of players micromanaging their actions in what's supposed to be a simpler, I'll have to say nope to this.

And if people decide it is a good idea, I'd still want to modify it.

• Remove the distinction between morning/afternoon/evening, as '1 day = 1 turn' already assumes that a day is the smallest divisible part of a round. It sounds like it's not a big deal now, but it compounds quickly, trust me on that.
    If an action would gain advantage by being done during a certain time of day, just explicitly tell the GM the action is done during that time period and assume all other actions just happen 'sometime during the day'.
  • Reduce small actions to 2 instead of 4. This is simple sanity management.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:11 pm

Well, having a day being the smallest part of a turn doesn't sound really helpful. In combat, a turn is made of one action, two partial actions, one move and a few specified free actions. We have no equivalent for the day/turn format, which means we don't know how much we can do in a day, hence why me and Kolson proposed this.

I don't really mind removing the time specification of morning/afternoon/evening. It was there mostly so I could divide up my actions in three parts which makes it easier to read. I would argue against the "1 major action = 2 small actions" since I consider one major action to take around 4-5 hours and a small action (like Gathering Information) to take one hour at most. But heh, that's for the GM to decide what the numbers are if he ever agrees to this proposition.

*Arch sends butterflies to attack Zeiss*

Darth Vader's voice: "Noooooooo!"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:54 pm

I do actually rather like the proposed format, since plenty of times I can predict people would be waiting on feedback from other players or results from previous in the day to take their next action so to speak. It doesn't make the most sense for them to then sit on their thumbs until tomorrow to take action again. Yes I know there are games that make you do exactly that.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:50 pm

So should we follow this format for the next day, the 9th of March?
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:46 pm

Yes indeed. If anyone has anything they want to wrap up on the 8th feel free to do so.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:43 pm

I'm done for today.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:13 pm

Yeah, don't think there's anything to add right now.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:19 pm

Yeah
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:52 am

I'm kinda still waiting on meeting Ursolan. Did the appointment I wanted get scheduled for the next day, or March 8th?

Want another day/turn in the Archengeia campaign right now? Buy another turn, worth 50 Dereth points! Dereth points cost real currency at $4.99 per 200 points.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:57 am

Is Arch turning into EA? Smile

I guess your appointment is for the next day Rory. You could post what you want to talk to him about just in case he is available. This way you don't need to wait for Arch's response.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:23 am

All done. I don't think I mentioned in any post on the 8th but Kolson will join Rory for dinner as we previously discussed in the RP thread. Anyone else who wants to come is invited.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:30 am

I doubt I have time, but in case I do, I'll join you.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:03 pm

Alright, I added this to an older post(it had multiple spoilers about wanting to buy a bow and explaining how I would guard-train the recruits): "to learn of having to do with the protection and/or welfare of the refugees and the humans and if Ursolan is involved in any of it"

Also, when I visit him, I don't intend to mention the Exchange or talk about anything related to it with him, or anyone I meet to try and set an appointment with him.

And we can just say that it will happen tomorrow, so that I have time to see Zeiss again before I go. I could carry a letter to Ursolan for you, Zeiss, for the purpose of establishing trust/closeness with him as a contact, or possible contact if he isn't one already.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:36 pm

I can go for dinner.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Family dinner night? I'm so there!
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:31 pm

I will edit my post in the March 8th thread.

Post your actions for the 9th of March in the correct thread.

However, it's a good idea to continue small roleplay events into the previous thread.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:18 pm

Zeiss, i'm off to Janwall as soon as it's pertinent. Did we set guys aside out of the people we hired to conduct relief efforts, or are we still waiting for money to pour in to get into that?

I can go alone and get a lay of the land while the Leycite business follows through, if the latter. If the former, i'l address my people and get moving.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:37 pm

You have around 20 recruits for that. They'll be a good organizing force since they were from a school of business and science. You can take some human refugees with you if you want.

Radnaal of Highspring is supposed to be there with his own men for the relief efforts. He should have gotten my letter by the time you get there, so he'll probably ask you to relay his answer to me (which I totally expect to be a big "no"). In any case, I'm not sure what the Runners' status within the Exchange is. I feel like he just gave us the territory and abdicated any control over it without truly joining the Exchange.

If he refuses to become Marshal (military leader), you could ask him if he wishes to join the Guardians. You could learn a lot from him. Just an idea though. As for the money, we don't have any to give you right now. Actually, we have nothing at all. So I guess you could accept donations from the public? You could ask Radnaal about that. Or stay in Holtburg and gather informations about it. And no, I wouldn't use these donations for the economic side of the Exchange.

*Colonel Campbell's voice* Good luck First Guardian.

Last edited by Zeiss on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:40 pm

By the way did you actually write said letters to Gretta and Radnaal? Or just a general thing.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next