Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Discussion

+4
K
Zeiss
Archengeia
Essoje
8 posters

Page 21 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next

Go down

OOC Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: OOC Discussion

Post by Rory Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:46 pm

@Javan: ...okay... so this is what it must feel like.

That's really fucking brutal. Being immortal, or a Greek/Roman god, would kind of suck. For one, you'd be able to survive a visit to the underworld. For two, you'd live through or remain conscious for most things that would kill a normal person or make them pass out.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:27 pm

The video was funny but why are they fighting in the first place?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:52 pm

For the same reason Mario and Bowser race each other in karts: the two of them (Lich King and Nazeebo) are characters in Blizzard's All-Starts game Heroes of the Storm.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Oh. I really didn't make that connection. Goes to show how much I pay attention to MOBAs. Thanks for clearing that up.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:58 pm

I feel ya. HotS is actually the only MOBA I can play, and my favorite Blizzard game ever. That says a lot about the game. And since it's free, it's easy to try it out and reach your own conclusions.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:13 pm

How would you say your experiences with your fellow players have been so far?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:20 pm

Maybe I was lucky, but I had exactly 0% of problems when playing with random people. The worst thing that happened to me was people making my job as a support hell by doing their own thing (since I main Uther, a melee support).

I'll say tho, like all games out there, it's best to play it with friends, since there's a higher change that everyone will be on the same page.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Oh my God, I may have found my own Rory Link. Here you go you guys! We are making this happen!

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:10 pm

Yep that was weird. You know, placing item x underneath your feat to prop them up would work just as well. Of course, I'm just coming up with another thing I could do because ordering this rather than picking it up in a store makes me feel uneasy. It's one thing for something to be sent to you rather than picking it up yourself, people say "hey, what's this package about, something about a squatty-potty?" Something about ordering certain things online. A hoodie? No problem, I hate shopping for clothes. And then anything that has to do with the human butt. Maybe I can't explain it. Maybe I'm trying too hard.

I'll take three.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:15 pm

Brilliant response post Rory. Your rambling humor style is really coming along.

My next post can be seen as a companion to that heroic cow comic from some pages ago. This one is from The Non-Adventures of Wonderella.

OOC Discussion - Page 21 2015-10-10-427
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:55 am

I'm suddenly finding a striking similarity between Snow White and Superman.
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:24 pm

OOC Discussion - Page 21 Header
Dammit! I wanted to be the one who suggested Undertale! I even bought it to give to Arch!

I finished it recently, but I will wait for Arch to finish his play before I talk about it. So!
Who wants the url for my gift copy?

I also absolutely need to know for dang sure when Arch usually starts streaming(possibly from the man himself, hey there), and I mean time of day as well because I don't want to miss it.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:01 am

I'm sure someone on the speedrun4fun forum will gladly scoop it up. I knew I should have just posted my offer there to begin with.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:24 pm

Heh, sorry Rory, I would have taken it if I hadn't been sick as a dog the past three days. Maybe the next one.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:29 pm

Sorry, I didn't notice the new post you made Rory. Also, I have a short story.

The life of a college student is an uneventful one, except when they must work on their assignments two days before the deadline. I had completed one such assignment in no more than five hours, even though it counted for 20% of the total score of that one class I didn't care about much about. One day, I open the college's website and log in my account where a notification promptly informs me that this assignment has been graded. I dreaded this moment: I would have to open the file and find out how bad I screwed up. This was all my fault, I told myself. Procrastinators always lose in the end and society would finally force me to work with diligence. It was the end of the line. Judgment's Day. Game over.

Just open the damn thing, I thought. Get it over with. Once this is done, I'll just play some more Witcher 3 to forget about my earthly problems. The planet won't stop spinning just because I got a bad grade, right? Right. Once you consider the big picture, the mistakes you make are a lot easier to live with. Or so I told myself. I just opened the file like one sadistic bastard would take off a band-aid: quickly enough not to have time to anticipate the ensuing pain.

My eyes blinked. I was unsure of what I was looking at. I expected to see a big capital letter in red, not a number. Some professors do prefer to give percentages (this wasn't especially rare), but I was still shocked by the number which was spread on my monitor: a big nine followed by an eight. This was surprising. Absolutely unexpected. Even my jaw, which decided to drop on the floor, shared my reaction.

I laid back in my chair and let out a sigh of relief. I had done it. The procrastinator had won another battle. The war was far from over, but the future looked even more promising than it did before. Everything felt great. My enthusiasm was so strong that the urge to start working on my next assignment, which was due in four days, suddenly invaded me. I let that urge fade out just like how any driver ignores the roadkill he passes by: with content disinterest.

Then, I started playing The Witcher 3.

I wasn't really planning to write this little episode of my life in prose, not really, but my keyboard just wouldn't let go of me. *go watch Dodger play Minecraft: Story Mode on Youtube.*
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:28 pm

Sorry, Rory. The game seems interesting, and i appreciate the gesture, but truth be told, if i took it, it'd probably sit on my backlog for a good long while, and that't feel like a waste. I mean, i got Limbo ages ago, and i'm still interested in it, and it's STILL sitting there for what must be years now.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:01 pm

I understand the feeling K. I still have to finish Pillars of Eternity and Alien: Isolation (and a few
less important games). To play Pillars of Eternity, I have to invest time in it since it's a pretty serious and lengthy game; as for Alien: Isolation, I'm just scared shitless of the monster. Can't bring myself to boot up the game. The main menu is also too ominous for me: my poor heart can't take it.

Also, Fallout 4 is coming out in a month and I still haven't finished the main quest in Skyrim. -_-
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:40 am

Woo! December can't come soon enough!

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:53 am

Yeah, i knew as soon as i woke up. I was gonna come here, and there would be the trailer. And yes, i am not unexcited.

Speaking of which, we had this thing with this Ria lady in this battle for this planet with bird people. I'm still not unexcited for that either.

EDIT:

Ok, so this is something i won't post in a larger forum; certainly not on YT where someone might lynch me, and i just don't have the energy to deal with that.

I was kinda expecting/hoping that the girl would be the Jedi, not Fynn. I mean, if you asked me a few weeks ago, until i saw John Boyega holding the lightsaber, i thought for sure Fynn was Han, Rey was Luke. Seriously, it was written all over them. Fynn may not radiate Han's confidence, but everything about him said "grounded practical guy". Rey had much more of the "reach for the unseen" vibe i expected the Jedi to have.

What i was expecting was for the Grounded Guy to be the main character this time around while the Jedi would be more of the Lancer, which almost was the thing in the original trilogy, if you ask me. Han, at times, had almost more character development than Luke. At least i thought his was a bit more involved, as it dealt mainly with romance and his inner struggle with pragmatism vs integrity, whereas Luke's was more of an abstract thing, with the nature of the Force and all that.

So i could have totally seen Star Wars with Han as the main character. What would have shocked me to no end, however, would have been Han wielding the Lighsaber in any capacity more substantial than cutting open a dead Tauntaun. Which is what happened when i saw Fynn flashing the blue blade. It just felt wrong.

If nothing else, even if they do manage to convince me Fynn can be the Jedi, i took Luke two movies (three years) to be able to wield the Lightsaber in a functional capacity, and then a whole training period with Yoda before, at the very end, he could face down Vader. And even then, my prevailing thought was "whoa, Luke, are you serious?". And compare Luke's demeanor then, the first time he's facing down the villain, knowing he's unprepared despite all his preparation and training - his face is steel. Without knowing anything about the story, you watch that scene and one thing you immediately get out of it is the crushing weight Luke's facing - but that he IS facing it; all that amounting to giving the viewer just the tiny hope that he might make it through alive.

Now compare that to Fynn in the trailer, when Ren is swinging down at him. Does that look like a guy that's gonna last even a second? Heck, that should even be there holding that sword to begin with?

Like, i'm open to be proven wrong, and i hope i am, but right now i just don't see it.

Also, if Rey is the one that says that "the Force is calling to you" line, like Arch said, i'm gonna be pissed. It's a minor thing, maybe, but it's just so cheap if it turns out to be true. So yeah, the rest of my thoughts are too scattered to write down. I'm hoping for the best.

oh and:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:46 am

Hint taken. I'll see how I feel. I've been kinda down lately and that always affects my creativity. I also want to finish up another thing I'm working on and then I'll figure out if it's time to restart the campaign. At this point all I can promise is that I do want to restart it.

As to the trailer, I'm just letting it be whatever at this point. Hell, make them all Jedi, that would be awesome. I'm just happy a new Star Wars movie is coming out, right down to my stupid grin. I'll go into analysis mode after I watch it.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:31 am

That's probably the best attitude to have, really.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:17 am

For the Star Trek fans out there here's an interesting story in comic form about a certain person integral to Trek that you may not have known.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/plane
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:38 am

I did not know that.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:46 am

K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Lol a song devoted to techno babble. How have I never heard this before? Thanks K. Very Happy
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next