March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:25 pm

The Dwarf promptly passes out from wounds and bruises, leaving the party out of initiative, though still with some pressing issues that demand a more immediate format than the other post.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:38 pm

Zeiss starts looting the elf while staying on the lookout for reinforcements.

Advoc will take all the dwarf's equipment and ask Higaide :

"Have any rope?"
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by K on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:22 pm

"Not anymore. The big cats took it all, back on Vasseyan. Sorry." - he says, still rather astonished at how quickly and anticlimatically his opponent went down.

He proceeds to check whether the Dwarf has any. Or anything of interest, for that matter.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Rory on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:39 pm

Rory is just about to roar a response - and then his Rage wears off. "Forget the stuff, we botched this. We need to scoot. Backtrack and find another way forward. Wait, what's the rope for??"

stuff:
We need to avoid these reinforcements. Let's head back to find another branching path for a different entrance into/near the warehouse. Wonder what we roll for that. I'd guess Awareness and Intelligence or Wisdom.

I think it would be best to leave behind whatever we find unless we can be sure beyond reasonable doubt that these guys are with the people behind Sareth's disappearance. It could be taken as a show of good faith to them if they aren't behind his disappearance, especially if we have enough time to patch up the dwarf before reinforcements arrive. I'd like a Wisdom check for that.

Reply in out-of-character thread!
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:54 pm

"The rope is to tie up the dwarf", says Zeiss.

"The other exits within the Veil ought to be covered too. We're not sure reinforcements are coming. If they've been warned, they will either attack or flee. And considering the fact that this elf was running away, I'm guessing it's the latter. "
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by K on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:03 pm

Considering how the sound must carry in an underground environment like this, Higaide strains to hear sounds of footsteps. Namely, the heavy hurried kind, normally associated with a bunch of armed people rushing to come kill you.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:12 pm

Higaide rolls well on his Awareness and does, in fact, hear a few hurried footsteps coming from some ways further down the hall, around one of the bends.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by K on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:26 am

Higaide hisses to Zeiss as loud as he dares to make himself heard across the distance and no further, then signals him that a few hurried footsteps are coming from some ways further down the hall, around one of the bends.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Zeiss yells: "[Important aluvian military rank with someone's name], get your team ready! [Another person's name], cast Holy Radiance! We're regrouping with the others!"

Advoc casts Holy Radiance to make the enemies flee.

OOC:
Roll deception with my non-combat action point. Use my Orator ability Persuasion if applicable.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Rory on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:12 pm

"Nope." Rory switches out his bow and takes off running 30 feet in the other direction, keeping quiet and maintaining a minimal distance of 25 feet from the scene.

actions:
Entering stealth. The intent is find 0 DC range in the dark.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by K on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:23 pm

Higaide looks for anything resembling a decent hiding spot too, maybe the one the other Elf used, when his two halves were still attached.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:04 pm

By some miracle Higaide and Rory manage to find stealth spots in time as Holy Radiance suddenly bursts through the hallways, causing a few startled yelps and screams as the individuals, whomever they be, start suddenly making far more noise than they had been previously. After a few seconds it becomes clear they aren't heading towards you but away, but after 18 seconds that will end.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:14 pm

Advoc turns to Rory and rapidly says:

"Give me the smokebomb. I will cover you."
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Rory on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:28 am

Rory sighs and hands the glowing beacon the smoke bomb he'd carried overseas. "Tell me his plan, and I will retreat, or follow him into death."


ooc:
That's not an in-character nod/wink to suggest self-sacrifice, mind.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:46 am

Advoc answers Rory in a hurried and clear tone.

"Zeiss will use the smoke-bomb on the enemy and run past them while I use my most powerful spell to prevent them from following him. You're welcome to risk your life alongside us."

He gives the smoke-bomb to Zeiss and they both darts towards the hallway where the enemy is. Coordinating himself with Advoc, Zeiss throws the smoke-bomb at them and starts making his way through the group. As he does so, Advoc casts The Past is Dead (unless there are only a few enemies who aren't worth it, in this case Advoc will cast Lucent Beam instead and multi-target the lot of them while Zeiss attacks them; but I doubt that's the case). If there is enough space for it, Zeiss will use Air Vent to fly above them to avoid damage.

OOC:
Air Vent: 1/day*(Level/4).  Summons a whirling tornado around user, granting them the ability to fly for 1d4+(Level/2) rounds, with the additional ability to move up or down at triple their normal movement speed.  While this is in effect, any enemy attempting to strike them with a melee attack must succeed a STR check at GM's discretion to succeed, and any ranged attack gains a -1d8 to hit.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:08 pm

As soon as Zeiss and Advoc round the corner, they spot a full 28 fully armored, uniformed Aluvian Military soldiers milliseconds before Zeiss tosses the smokebomb down. After careful consideration the GM has decided that, per Initiative order, Advoc does take an action after Zeiss saw this yet can see everything Zeiss sees and so can adjust HIS action accordingly... if he chooses to do so.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:22 pm

Zeiss throws the smoke bomb at the enemy and starts running away in the opposite direction. Advoc follows.

EDIT: As he pass by the dwarf, Zeiss finishes him off. Going to cast Holy Radiance again if the soldiers get near us.

OOC:
Yup, let's go.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by K on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:32 pm

Zeiss's action makes Higaide go pale, his eyes go wide and his blood freeze.

He grits his teeth, suppressing it, and dashes off, away from the soldiers.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Rory on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:51 pm

Rory's sword is back in its wherever. He jockeys to take point by simply being faster, keeping an eye out for trouble.

reaction:
Throwing an all-out knockout punch at the first thing that jumps out at them right across the kisser. Even if it has metal teeth.

Also Awareness and Trap Sense.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:57 pm

With another blast of Holy Radiance the moment the soldiers get close, Zeiss and Advoc bolt away, pausing only to coup de grace the helpless and unconscious Dwarf before sprinting down the hallway. The sound of the Aluvians panicking, shouting, some trying to make their way after their prey and some fleeing the other direction makes the entire hallway an ungodly cacophony where no one can hear anything distinct or clear, but those that are bothering to pay attention can note that the soldiers, which seem rather pissed off, are trying to charge after Zeiss.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:46 pm

While we're running away, Advoc casts his last use of Holy Radiance at the people charging after us. We're gonna try to lose them in the hallways and flee the warehouse district.

Zeiss is going to yell: "Throw the bomb at them!"

OOC:
Use my Orator ability Stall to make the first soldier behind us stop and block the way for the other soldiers. Use my combat action point.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Rory on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:50 pm

"First exit we get to, we get out of the Veil," Rory pants. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe we should have talked to that guy."

reaction:
Switch to this: step in the way of anyone charging at Zeiss at the last second and get an opportunity attack(or make one) to disrupt their charge/attack. That means I'm pretty much forfeiting my passive Awareness of anything in front of us. As soon as I complete the reaction, I'll attempt to catch up and keep running with the others.

I know that might seem kind of action movie ish. The intention is that I'll be able to do that without getting swarmed or cut off. Please let me know if that's possible.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:53 pm

Zeiss will go for an exit out of the district we're in. The aluvian soldiers might be guarding these exits too.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by K on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:25 am

Not a very interesting action, but Higaide is running too. He'll be pretty much going the same way as them, since that's all his mind can handle right now (the rest of him is processing that he just became accessory to murder again).
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:10 am

Zeiss attempts, and fails (barely) to convince one of the soldiers to Stall, but as that soldier is considering the action Rory broadsides him right before he would have sliced into Zeiss' back, slamming him into a wall and causing him to clatter to the floor. Sadly the soldiers are better trained than Rory might've hoped and don't slow down at all to leap over their fallen comrade, and Rory quickly finds himself bolting full tilt to get back out of range, suffering 19 damage from their blows before successfully out-distancing them. Meanwhile, Higaide (who is much faster than Zeiss) makes his way ahead towards where he thought to memorize several alternate routes through the Veil and finds himself at a juncture where, by memory, he knows if he heads south he'll exit in another part of the Warehouse District but some distance away, or north to exit it another part of the District, or continue heading west on the path they'd previously come by.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum