March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by K on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Higaide shoots a glance at the party, just enough to know that they can see him make the turn, and makes for the North route.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:15 pm

Fortunately Higaide thinks quickly and hesitates for a few seconds so that Zeiss, panting behind him, can spot him for a split second before he heads through the northern path. By his vague recollection, this path will again split... many times, actually, but there is an immediate exit not far ahead that will lead out of a false sewer grate in a back alley, still in the Warehouse District of course. The other paths will branch outwards, probably elsewise into the District (given the massive size of said District this is no real surprise).

Meanwhile, the soldiers have not given up their pursuit of Rory nor Zeiss, and have overcome their initial obstacles to make a more coordinated run after the two, though as both glance behind them on approach to the first branch they both roll high enough to tell that there are less than there were before.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:26 pm

Just before he takes the northern path, Zeiss throws a purse of gunpowder at the soldiers. Hopefully, it will blind them.

OOC:
Remember that archweaver back in Naverre who changed the shattersticks back into gunpowder? Yup, that's where that purse is coming from.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Rory on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:22 pm

As he makes the turn north, Rory splashes all of his writing ink onto the ground, hoping that someone will slip and cause a blunder for the rest at the corner. He keeps the inkwell. If necessary, he points it out to Zeiss.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:39 am

Rory, ahead of Zeiss, splashes the ink and quickly points to it as he darts around the corner.
Zeiss, having already prepared a small tinder device in the pouch so it would ignite rather than simply land on the ground pointlessly. Fortunately he avoids, barely, slipping on the ink himself in his haste but does notice the direction Rory went in and follows suit. Both of them hear a bit of a commotion behind them and after some running can tell that the sounds of pursuit are quieter, though still present.

Higaide, ahead of the rest, is just starting to get a bit winded from all the running when he notices a few squatters up ahead; Humans, as it happens, who look up at him with a bit of puzzlement. Given his pace and his expression, they reach a conclusion quickly and their eyes widen, and they quickly start gathering themselves to flee.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Higaide decides to continue running ahead, past the squatters, who soon find themselves passed up by Zeiss and Rory as well.  By the time Zeiss has caught them they've mostly gathered their belongings and have begun running behind Zeiss at a slower pace.  After a bit more time Zeiss, in the rear, hears some noises which he correctly deduces is the soldiers catching the Humans and detaining them, leaving far fewer footsteps chasing after the party.

After enough more running that all three players have to roll Fortitude (which they succeed ta thankfully) Higaide finally comes across another branch in the area, which he knows will either loop back into the labyrinth or, if he turns right, allow him the aforementioned exit.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:32 pm

Zeiss secretly thank the humans for their honorable sacrifice and keeps running.

OOC:
Can my bracelet of concealment make me look like a human? If so, I will make it happen.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by K on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:52 pm

Higaide waits to catch a glimpse of Zeiss again, then turns right once he knows he saw him do so.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:15 pm

Higaide, cautiously, exits the false grate in the back alley and is relieved to notice there is no one about. He also notices the sun has set some time prior, and the surrounding area has quieted down as the evening business trails off.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by K on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Higaide holds the grate open for Zeiss and Rory, shuts it once they're through and checks the area for any hiding spots.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:37 pm

And Advoc.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by K on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:23 pm

Sure.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Rory on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:39 pm

When looking for a direction to take off in, Rory examines their surroundings for any heavy object they might be able to place on top of the grate. Presently, he notices someone new standing right beside him. "Who-- dammit, when you decide to change skins, it wouldn't hurt to announce it to the rest of us," he mutters hoarsely to Zeiss.

He then takes a moment to gather bearings. "Alright, this way," he announces, starting off in a direction, not believing the new tactic is to find a place to hide.

actions:
Find a nearby heavy object, 10ft away at the most, and push it over the grate.

Determine the best direction to move from this point to further escape the soldiers. Int +3.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:42 pm

Zeiss quickly replies to Rory: "You're right. I'll do that next time we have to run for our lives."

OOC:
Zeiss uses his knowledge engineering to determine the best escape route to get out of the district.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:13 pm

As one would expect, there are innumerable ways out of the district given the vast size of the place, but 'best' in this case would either be heading towards the Docks to escape the city entirely, or towards the Commerce District to make their way back home as fast as possible. There are roughly 20 paths the party could take that are estimated off the top of their head in either direction. Rory manages to find a nice big crate and shove it over the false grate, mere seconds ahead of the soldiers who are even as they finish their work clamoring to shove it open.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Would it be feasible to leave the city by using the docks and then coming back in by using the entrance Zeiss once took to get into Holtburg? I think it was a smuggling entrance.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:31 pm

Zeiss asks the air, but only the Meowths answer him... though they seem to be saying yes.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:10 pm

OOC:
There are more than one Meowth that can speak? o_o

Zeiss goes for the docks, realizing he doesn't have time to share his plan when the soldiers are right behind this crate.

"Follow me!"
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:38 am

Thanks to a few lucky rolls, the party does not encounter any major resistance on their long, long trip out of the Warehouse District and towards the Docks. They have a few close run-ins with some local military but in each case they don't really seem to be looking for anyone or otherwise on high alert. Assuming the trio continues their plan to exit the city and sneak in via Zeiss' entrance, they will return to their particular home in the Veil on their second action on the 16th.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:39 am

The party rather suddenly decides to hail a taxi (which will be far faster than walking) and zoom their way to the Royal District in the middle of the night. Getting in will require talking or bribery (connections or no, since they won't be going to Ursolan of Prowler's offices but rather his home).

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:41 pm

It's that late? Oh well.

Let's talk. Diplomacy roll. I'll forcibly take money from Higaide or Rory to bribe them if need be.

Razz
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by K on Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:52 pm

Good luck with that, my balance doesn't hit triple digits.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:16 pm

Zeiss explains, hurriedly, that he has news about the safety of Holtburg with regard to the war effort and has to be let in to see Ursolan immediately in his official housing in the Royal District. While the guards are dubious, especially given the maniac taxi driver behind them, he is eventually convinced. Naturally the taxi must wait outside, as no hovercraft are ever allowed inside the Royal District, and the trio huff it on foot to where the officials bunk for the night and begin rapping at the Drudge's door. It matters what they are going to say through the door, if anything, and with what tone.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Zeiss on Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:21 pm

In a calm tone, Zeiss says:

"Zeiss of Wintersong here. I have something urgent to report."

OOC:
Not going to explain I changed my clan name. Not now anyway. Roll diplomacy.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Archengeia on Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:15 pm

There is a bit of a pause before a rather attentive-looking Dwarven individual in fine garments opens the door, his face a study in professional disinterest. "His master is currently asleep, good sir, may I take a message for you?"

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 15th, The Encounter by the Warehouses

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum