March 17th

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

March 17th

Post by Archengeia on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:56 pm

Javan, who has spent the time kibitzing amongst the fellow caravaners and has learned little of real import save that this particular group is a relatively recent endeavor, the sibling pair that owns the place having only recently decided to start expanding and trading time (in the shape of long trade routes) for money (since such things tend to pay off better). The tone would be more optimistic if most of the people present didn't feel they were cursed, as not 2 days after starting their first trip the Earth Ley Line erupted and not a month later war was declared.

Consequently, Javan awakes March 17th to find a small group of Mosswarts, Gnolls, and Goblins having surrounded one of the wagons that the group was using to sleep in, and are demanding payment in the form of food and or medicine to let them go.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Essoje on Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:09 am

Javan will quickly check his surroundings a little better and confirm where the other scarves are, and finally how aggressive the bandits are acting right now. His next actions will depend on that, after all.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Archengeia on Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:54 am

You are currently just off the road heading towards your destination in a clearing in a light forest. Your other scarves are right next to you, awaiting orders. The bandits, such as they are, are putting on a rather fierce front and have already shown themselves willing to harm, but you get the sense they don't want to kill.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Essoje on Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:14 am

Javan motions for the scarves to prepare themselves, but keep their weapons sheathed until ordered, and do not start a fight. The basic idea is for Javan to keep their attention, while the scarves remove any civilians from the front-lines in case a battle ensues.

"Hello there people!", Javan says it loudly enough so the bandits are aware of his presence and are not taken by surprise, which hopefully stops them from doing something stupid like taking a hostage, and starts to approach at a slow and sure pace, the kind only a person clad in rock armor and wielding a tower shield and spear could, "I'm one of the guys whose job is to keep this caravan safe. If you are after food and medicine instead of money and goods, my guess is that your job is to survive this encounter for the sake of others as well. Can we agree that we can have each of our ways peacefully? Please?" The fairy's plea was honest and his tone lacked mockery of any kind.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Archengeia on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:08 am

The bandits, who of course presume the worst, aim their weapons at the freakish Fairy. Instantly suspecting a trap, they demand to know where his Summoner is and insist on no tricky business.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Essoje on Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:28 pm

"My Summoner is a pool from where fairies come from. Sadly for me, I'm just a fairy that stuck their head where they shouldn't and you can see the result before you. Lucky for you, I'm no Element.", the fairy replies to the bandits while still approaching them, now slowing his pace down considerably. "I'd rather prefer both sides would reach an agreement without further violence. What says you?"
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Archengeia on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:10 pm

The head bandit, who happens to be a Mosswart, looks at you with suspicion and disbelief. "You're rather well armed of a convoy for someone not seeking violence," he bites out, but you can tell his heart isn't in it and there's a glimmer of hope in his demeanor.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Essoje on Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:07 pm

"Can't blame a man for wanting to be prepared for anything. Say, if you don't give me further reason to be violent, I can do my job of protecting this caravan without us having to kill each other, and we can enter negotiations right now. Oh, wait, I will need the head of the caravan here, he's the one that knows how much he can part with and still reaching our destination alive."
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:56 pm

The Mosswart is clearly put off by Javan's casual method of speech, but his attention is focused on him and, as such, he is caught fully by surprise when one of the hostages lunges at one of the bandits in an effort to overpower him. Seizing the opportunity, your Scarves immediately lunge into the fray, successfully killing two of the bandits in quick succession.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Essoje on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:11 pm

"Damn all elements!", the fairy exclaimed, as he was already half-expecting for things to south quickly, because people. "Negotiations are off, sorry."

Javan attempts jumps into the fray, literally, aiming for one of the bandits so that he'd be positioned between the hostages and bandits if possible.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:20 pm

Javan and his forces have no trouble defeating the bandits once they've caught them off guard, leaving most of them dead and a few wounded and bound.

The caravaners are discussing what to do with the bandits still almost an hour later when another group arrives, not bandits but Aluvians from the look of them, headed up by a familiar looking Elf with a red hat.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Kolson on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:21 pm

Tracking bandits was a tough job but Kolson was enjoying being outdoors and on the road again a feeling made better by the unexpected meeting with his friend. A large grin on his face, he called a halt and walked over to Javan. "What an unexpected surprise," he says shaking the fairy's hand in greeting, "I didn't expect to find you out here. I thought you were heading further north before turning west."
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Essoje on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:04 pm

"Hey Kolson! Fancy meeting you here, friend. Well, you know me and my horrible sense of direction...", answered the fairy while returning the shake, "...is what I'd like to joke about, but I was lucky to get the mercenary thing started, White Scarves is the name by the way, aaaand decided to take a caravan-escorting job to get an idea of my crew. And with the war and all, the last thing we need is bandits interrupting the flow of commerce."

Javan motions his right hand into the bound bandits' direction, "As you can see, it's a good thing I did take the job. Almost got a clean way out of this problem too, but sadly, people do their own thing, and you have to adapt. We were considering what to do with them when you arrived. Which brings us to the question: What are you doing in these parts, man?"
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Kolson on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:12 pm

"Actually, I'm hunting the bandits attacking the mail couriers. I arranged a job with Country Rider to end the problem, hopefully peacefully. Are your people okay? Is there anything we can do to help?"
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Essoje on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:38 pm

"Yeah, we are good, a few wounded by the first encounter, but it was the bandits that took the causalities. But about the help... You think you could convince them to reach the obvious consensus that presenting the bandits to the authorities is probably the best move for everyone involved? They have been bickering about this for what feels an eternity."

Javan sighed loudly and shook his head, the wait visibly taking a toll more than the bandits ever did. "That, and if we are going in the same direction, your group will look less like bandit hunters if we travel together."
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Kolson on Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:29 am

"Well," says Kolson loudly, playing along with Javan, "If that's the issue then I'd be happy to take them into my custody. Perhaps we can learn about where they came from and their motives in all this. Hopefully peacefully. I'd also be happy to travel with you. For safety and stuff."

avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Essoje on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:31 pm

"Hm, they are probably refugees, considering they demanded food and/or medicine and, while violent, they avoided killing anyone. But it's possible they know something more and since I don't want them to suddenly rip their bounds and gang up on me, so I'll let you do your magic."
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Kolson on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:30 am

"Yes, I figured they would be but I'd like to know if it's simple desperation or another unseen hand at work here." Kolson looks around for the caravan master, quietly wondering why their loud and sarcastic offers of problem solving and increased security hasn't drawn him or his people into the conversation yet. Quietly he says to Javan, "The chaps in this caravan are a bit slow aren't they? Lead on and I'll convince them to see things my way."
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Essoje on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:30 am

Javan motions for Kolson to follow him and attempts to get the caravan master's attention, presenting Kolson as a trustworthy individual more than able to deal with the situation at hand, and more. The fairy then shuts up and allows Kolson to work his "magic" on these people.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Kolson on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:52 am

"A pleasure to meet you sir," says Kolson, tipping his hat in greeting, "As my friend said, I am Kolson of Wintersong, retired Adventurer and a concerned citizen hired by the Country Express to make travel safer for their couriers and, albeit indirectly, for everyone. Your recent troubles have put you in the unique position of holding prisoners that may be of use to me in my mission. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to take them into my custody. If you would prefer compensation, I am willing to travel with and extend protection over your group for so long as we walk the same roads."
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Archengeia on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:02 am

The two Elf siblings turn in the midst of their heated argument, which had gotten loud enough that Kolson had to almost shout to have himself heard. The brother immediately brushes forward, full diplomacy mode on, and begins to negotiate for the possibility of turning over their prisoners to Kolson and his band, assuming the Country Rider would (naturally) be more than willing to compensate. After a few back and forth rolls, the gentleman is willing to settle for no less... than 35 Silvers for damages ensued to their caravan in exchange for the prisoners being turned over, provided their expert bodyguard, the not-quite-Fairy, has a chance to interrogate the head bandit to determine some wheres and whyfors.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Kolson on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:11 pm

Kolson shakes his head 'no.' "While I can appreciate wanting to make up for your losses Country Rider nor I have any obligation to you. At all. In fact, asking for your permission was a courtesy on my part. While you two argued endlessly over what to do, Javan and I could have talked to the prisoners for free and I could be on my way right now. So don't make the mistake of thinking you hold any cards in this negotiation. My offer is security, for as long as we walk the same road, in exchange for interviewing the prisoners. Javan is, of course, welcome to participate. Take it or leave it."
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Archengeia on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:28 pm

The woman pushes ahead of her brother, who is about to shout profanities at Kolson, and demures, "Surely we can reach a mutually beneficial situation where the prisoners under our care that our mercenaries restrained can be exchanged with a... shall we say... minimal handling fee to help reimburse losses?" She smiles sweetly.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Kolson on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:30 pm

Kolson returns her smile, a genuine one, knowing he has them where he wants them. "I don't know, I'm already doing you a huge favor by taking them off your hands in the first place as their comrades will have no reason to target you again in some kind of half-cocked rescue effort that will cost you further time and money. Nor, I'll remind you, will you have to feed or water the prisoners until they can be seen to the proper authorities for punishment.

Seems to me you are already more than coming out ahead with my current offer, considering your also picking up additional security for a time with no additional overhead."
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:20 am

The woman's smile falters for a moment, and her brother leans forward to whisper something in her ear, causing her to bat him away angrily before quickly plastering her fake smile back on and returning her attention to Kolson. "I, uhm, of course of course. I suppose we will, ah, accept your... gracious offer."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum