March 17th

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Kolson on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:20 pm

"Then we have an agreement." Kolson shakes her hand to seal the deal. "Before Javan and I proceed with interrogating the prisoners I must ask if you plan to wait for us to finish or to continue with your itinerary. Unfortunately questioning can take quite a bit of time and moves at its own pace. As to whether or not you can afford that time only you can say."
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Archengeia on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:31 pm

The two pair look at each other, nervously. After a hesitant pause, during which they confer with each other and you hear the words 'robbing' whispered, the woman looks back at you and smiles insincerely. "Of course, we will be out of your way as quickly as possible, sir." She gives a short bow and walks off in a passable attempt at showing she's not in a hurry as they try to get their caravan moving again.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Kolson on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:42 pm

Addressing Javan, Kolson asks quietly, "I know I can be a tough negotiator but did I really rob them? All I did was state facts and then let them know they could move on if they wanted to. It's not like we can't easily catch up to a slow moving caravan."

He begins walking towards his own troop, catching the eye of his second-in-command and motioning him over. After ordering the troops to rest and eat, he leaves the second to post a guard and then join them for the interrogation.

That finished he seeks Javan's council. "Before we head over to start asking questions I'd like to be clear--I'd rather end this peacefully if we can. Maybe even recruit them into the Exchange.

That said I think we should get our questions straight. I'm thinking name, what background they are willing to share, and any information about their force that they can or will provide. Can you think of any other information we might need?

Also, I'm better at the softer touch so would you mind handling any intimidation we might need? I trust you to know when that is necessary."
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Essoje on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:14 am

Javan quickly instructs the scarves to stay with the caravan and make sure nobody tries to bother them before returning to Kolson.

"Let's get this done with... Air knows I have bad memories about interrogations, so I'd rather not have to do that again. But duty calls I guess, let me prepare myself mentally", Javan tells Kolson, then proceeding to take quite a few deep breaths and then looking back at his friend, nodding. The fairy-at-heart meant that as a sign he was ready to do this part (well, as ready as he could be).
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Kolson on Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:01 am

"Okay then, looks like we are ready." The two friends walk over together to get this done...

OOC:
We'll 'good cop, bad cop if necessary' them; Kolson = good cop, Javan = bad cop if necessary.

1. Interview each prisoner individually, hopefully out of earshot and sight of the other prisoners. Maybe a large tent or something. If my 'troop' doesn't have anything like that I'll ask to borrow one from the caravan before they finish getting ready to move out. While I won't pay them any money for it now, I'll imply that friendly gestures now have a way of paying off later wink wink. I'll make sure to detail a guard (plural; I'll use the appropriate amount for the job) to keep the prisoners that have been interviewed away from the ones that have not.

2. Attempt to establish rapport with each prisoner. I'd like information on who they are and what led them to the life of banditry. I mean, I'm pretty sure I think I know but I'd like to hear them say it.

3. Try to get information on where their camp is, who their leader is, and how many more there might be. In fact, any information might be helpful.

I'll do my best to make it clear that I mean to settle this matter peacefully. If asked, I'll say I represent an organization that is looking to help people like them, in exchange for service but unlike the military they don't have to fight if they don't want to. We are in desperate need of folks with a variety of skills and would love to give them a job and an opportunity at a normal life, if not a completely peaceful one.

Note: Keep an eye out for anyone that may make a dependable leader, manager, or agent (to use the old 4x version of the Exchange terminology) that I can send Zeiss' way.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Archengeia on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:32 am

After a few dozen rolls based on your method of interrogation, you learn a few facts. First, the 'leader' here is a low level guy who reports to someone he calls a Lefftenant, a Gnoll he gives a description of and where he gets his orders. Apparently this is just one little group amongst several hundred that has been organized to, in the Mosswart's own words, "keep our families in shelter and food". The rest of the group gives no useful information, merely admitting that given their situations they had no real choice (or so they tell you) but to take up the robbing trade, so to speak. Most of them share the same 'recruitment' story; aka they were doing it on their own and were caught by one of the organized bandits and then press-ganged into service.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Kolson on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:35 pm

We'll set out for the camp near Falconwynne, making sure to scout ahead so we don't run into any ambushes or accidentally into other forces on the move. If we see a good defensible spot, preferably with access to water, anytime within 2 hours of sundown we'll stop there for the night and put out the usual watch. We'll also keep a rotating guard on the prisoners, making sure to keep them fed and watered.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Essoje on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:53 pm

Javan is going to accompany Kolson in this efforts, as removing organized banditry ultimately keeps his clients safe, specially since the other scarves are still with the caravan.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Archengeia on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:55 pm

One of the Scarves pulls Javan aside and, after a few false starts, Javan gets the impression that he's asking for permission to go get some training before returning to the Scarves. He feels like his leader, that'd be you, isn't really doing much to help him become a better mercenary or soldier.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Essoje on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:54 pm

Javan listen to the man to the end and nods. He then explains there's no better training than observing others at work, finding out your strengths and weaknesses, making an effort to know your companions and combine your forces like a team. A mercenary or soldier's real job is to work well with his comrades to reach a common goal, and during the last few days, that's what they have been doing.

Unless the Scarf really asking for martial training, to which Javan is willing to help with that in their off time but confides the best practice is actually fighting. In fact, this side mission might see some action, and even if there's none, there's still this perfect opportunity to get to know a veteran red mage, which is a great experience by itself, so Javan invites said Scarf to accompany him.

The other Scarves are to finish the contract by escorting the caravan to the end, and to explain this to the caravan master as 'this is going to make the roads safer for now and the close future, and since their job is to keep the caravan safe, this is another way to do it'.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by K on Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:55 pm

Higaide reaches the Exchange, looks for Zeiss and Rory, to deliver the bad news. After finding and talking with either, or failing to do so, he'll check on his crew.

GM wrote: Higaide has returned to Holtburg and discovered that his little 'help people' organization has reached the decision that they are going to leave the Holtburg area and head west to Glenden Wood, to assist those suffering near the front lines, where they can do the most good.

Higaide reasons with them to wait for a bit, since depending on how Zeiss's business venture turns out, they may gain some capital that they can use to outfit themselves with for the trip (a much needed necessity, considering the circumstances).
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Archengeia on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:11 pm

The woman in charge, curious at Higaide's hesitance (given that it was him that encouraged her to reach out in the first place), says she'll defer to his experience though she gives him some odd looks as she says so. She also mentions in passing that there's a government program in the Glenden Wood region, or so it's rumored at least, to help provide relief effort for the war that they were hoping to take advantage of.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by K on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:38 pm

All Higaide's saying is that they wait for Zeiss to get back with news of how the business with the Mites went. I'd think that's pretty normal, unless Jenna was planning on leaving right this minute.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:28 am

After some consideration Jenna says she'll go ahead and wait around a few days rather than get working now, though she still clearly feels uncomfortable doing so.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 17th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum