March 19th

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by Archengeia on Wed May 06, 2015 9:29 am

It is currently 2 in the afternoon. Each hour of Forced March carries the risk of things going badly.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by K on Wed May 06, 2015 11:24 am

So i'll get there at about 21h. Given this is March, that should be about last light / early evening, provided it works the same as in the earthling planet.

Compared to that, the risk of having the horse die on me once every hour, i think i'll keep hustling.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by Archengeia on Wed May 06, 2015 1:02 pm

Higaide arrives at the edge of Blackrust a little ahead of schedule with a Fatigued horse who has 1 HP left after the rolls. While of course the horse was only taking subdual damage, this means if it hit 0 it would have passed out.

Blackrust is a bit more modern and industrial of a city than normal, befitting something more along Osteth lines than Aluvian. It is built into and upon an extended mountain that juts up in the low foothills in this region, with lots of the arches and domes carved directly from the rock rather than transplanted on top of. In some cases the city's outer walls meld almost seamlessly with the rockface, and along the outer edges are small domed towers, each lit with an evening pyre to keep the city alight. Within are magicite lamps, visible even from a distance, making the entire city almost fully lit despite the passing of the sun. Each building has a rather nonstandard design to it; blocky, functional, and coarse. Most of the hewn walls aren't smooth, but deliberately invoke the design of raw rockface. The entire area stinks of a smell Higaide has not smelled before, and in the faux light of the town's lanterns he can spot a surprisingly black smoke being belched out here and there from certain tall, blackened buildings. It is unpleasant to breathe here.

The location listed on the letter is further into the city, of course, though Higaide rather suddenly realizes he has no idea where the address actually is, having never been here before. It does not help that the city has several 'under levels' where there are streets and buildings that go in rather than on the mountain.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by K on Wed May 06, 2015 1:28 pm

Higaide dismounts and pats the horse - "Good job." - and leads it on foot by the harness the rest of the way.

I'm looking for some stables where i can park my ride and feed it some Gysahl Greens or something, and take the opportunity to ask for directions to where i need to go (people are always nicer to customers than to random people they find on the street, i figure).
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by Archengeia on Wed May 06, 2015 1:42 pm

Higaide has some success finding a stable with open slots, charging him only a few coppers for the night and some feed. He also rolls well enough to casually ask about where he's going, and learns that it's in the under level down below the mountain, in a place that'll take him a couple of hours to reach walking speed.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by Zeiss on Wed May 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Zeiss whispers: "Get a taxi. Or just run."
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by K on Wed May 06, 2015 2:01 pm

While he's at it, Higaide asks if there's any public transportation or cab he can take down there.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by Archengeia on Wed May 06, 2015 2:05 pm

As it happens the public rail transits that run through this area, built on old mining carts, close down at about 9 PM every night.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by Zeiss on Wed May 06, 2015 2:16 pm

Zeiss whispers: "You're fucked."
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by K on Wed May 06, 2015 2:37 pm

If it's not 9PM yet, i'm going for it. If it is, what about cabs?
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by Archengeia on Wed May 06, 2015 3:24 pm

It is in fact about 9:30ish PM as of now. However Higaide does manage to hire a cab if he so desires that will get him there in about half an hour.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by K on Wed May 06, 2015 3:34 pm

I take the cab.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by Archengeia on Wed May 06, 2015 3:41 pm

Higaide, having a brain, gets off a couple of blocks away from his actual destination, which looks like a still-functioning factory of some sort which even at this late hour is churning away at whatever it's constructing, creating noise you can hear even at this distance. Closer up it'd be almost impossible to hear anything not right on you. At a glance you'd imagine there's a few dozen ways in, given that it has multiple doors, floors, and windows.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by K on Wed May 06, 2015 3:53 pm

What about people in the vicinity? Shifty looking, workers, bystanders?
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by Archengeia on Wed May 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Higaide does a quick Awareness check and spots nothing really noteworthy other than a few shadows in the windows of the factory of mention which look like they're people shaped.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by K on Wed May 06, 2015 5:39 pm

If i'm in the main street, i'm gonna walk by and return to the factory building from the back, or whatever approach provides me the most cover. I want to scout out for what might be the most secluded entrance.

Then decides it's better to play it straight and takes the front entrance.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by Archengeia on Wed May 06, 2015 11:03 pm

Higaide bursts in the front door, visibly startling several people who are present within. They seem to be predominantly Half-Elven mixed with a few other races including Dwarven, Banderling, and Orc with a few Lord Elves present. Based on what Higaide Awareness's in his first few seconds, he realizes that they had been dragging a bound and gagged Elf towards the back of the factory to take him outside, and as such were not actually watching the entrance like they were supposed to as several of the people on the second level jerkily and hastily draw crossbows to point at you.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by K on Thu May 07, 2015 4:54 am

Higaide stands in place, his arms slightly apart.

"Now, fellas... I thought you wanted your money's worth for that gentleman over there."
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by Archengeia on Thu May 07, 2015 8:15 am

One of the Lord Elves, hearing Higaide's response, quickly deduces the situation and stomps over looking angry. "Where the hell you been, Human? We been waiting here for forever!" He spits at the ground, clearly agitated. "Nice and all of your Warlord to employ the trash of the country to keep your kind busy, but maybe you should try to be a bit more punctual next time."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by K on Thu May 07, 2015 9:42 am

Higaide raises an eyebrow at the Lord Elf.

"Good sir, your ransom demand was never delivered to us." - he continues, in an even tone that does decent job of masking his annoyance - "We happened upon it by chance a few hours ago, when investigating an abandoned warehouse, that we figured you probably had to abandon when the supposed Alluvian army got close. The note was just lying under some boxes that we had to move around. Honestly, i gave it 50/50 on whether you'd be here at all. Regardless, i came as fast as i could, under the circumstances."
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by Rory on Thu May 07, 2015 10:07 am

Today, Rory will be patient with the people who are stirring up trouble, and try to use reason and persuasion to bring the dissenters to his side. No infighting, and no racial harassment.

In regards to scheduling a trip, Rory will choose the long route. Departure should be scheduled around the lockdown, so that it doesn't hamper us because we didn't think of it. Shouldn't be any trouble getting the refugees out as opposed to in, especially since they aren't wanted by...well, anyone in Holtburg.

He will add a 2-day stop on the peninsula, particularly one where the Blackbrine have an 'outpost' or supply chain for a chance to restock on their own essentials and/or passenger food and supplies lost/misplaced, and mostly for passengers to regain loss of sanity. It should be made absolutely clear that no one should get off the boats unless they are prepared for the event that they will be left behind, or they have made the choice to stay. Passengers who are prepared for the option of getting off at this stop may do so if they choose, considering the length of the trip.

He will add an optional 1-day stop further south on the peninsula as well. The reason for this stop will be the same as the first, if needed, but with the added comfort and likelihood that anyone who gets off here(and are prepared, of course) may make the rest of the journey to Osteth on foot. The crew may chose to make this stop if they need it, but they will also give the passengers the chance to vote on whether they should stop there.

The stops, including the optional one, divide the length of the journey into as close to thirds as can be: Holtburg to tip of peninsula; tip to southern flank; southern flank to a dock in Osteth. Word will need to be sent to Osteth beforehand that refugees are coming, with an estimate of dates they can expect them to arrive (thankfully, we already know that they are willing to receive them). The ships will embark after enough delay for the message to reach Osteth before they can arrive (the date estimates should reflect this).

Before Advoc goes brain-dead, Rory will make sure he gets the command to 'banish' himself when he can no longer function. Just wouldn't feel right keeping him 'in existence' like that. Besides, he could be of use to someone else elsewhere.

*I'd like to note that I'm not actually informing the refugees yet, or getting that letter written. Once we are prepared and have a plan, I'll inform the refugees myself, then we'll get the dates scheduled and the letter(s) sent.*


Last edited by Rory on Thu May 07, 2015 11:00 am; edited 4 times in total
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by Archengeia on Thu May 07, 2015 10:21 am

"Not our fault you didn't follow the obvious trail those military bastards left," the Lord Elf retorts, still sounding irritable. "It's been nearly four days since we left you that note... was starting to think you'd decided to just take over the Escargo for yourselves." The man gestures and several others move forward. "You have the money for your stupid Warlord, I assume?"

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by K on Thu May 07, 2015 10:24 am

"You have my stupid Warlord, i assume? Alive, i mean."

ooc:
Arch, how long does it take to fire up and use the Exit materia, and can i possibly conceal or disguise the effect?
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by Archengeia on Thu May 07, 2015 10:45 am

Higaide thinks back to when he forced Kolson to brief him on what Materia is and how to use it, being a Human and as such wholly unused to the very concept. From what he understood it took a full 6 seconds of solid concentration, no movement or other actions.

The Lord Elf gestures, and a few surly looking Dwarves drag the Elf, whom you can barely identify as Sareth, forward. Sareth is bruised, has several swollen wounds, cuts, and is currently bleeding from a few open slices along his arms, and is clothed in just a pair of woolen pants.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by K on Thu May 07, 2015 11:17 am

ooc:
Using a charge and AP, how much can i shave off that time? My next move will depend on that.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 19th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum