March 20th

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: March 20th

Post by Archengeia on Fri May 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Antheol hedges and says he'll think about it... later. He confesses that he really, really does not want to get involved in... that sort of thing, and it's clear he's looking at Zeiss with a different perspective now.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 20th

Post by Zeiss on Fri May 29, 2015 7:37 pm

If Antheol doesn't want to do it, Zeiss won't push him. He says goodbye and leaves.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 20th

Post by Kolson on Fri May 29, 2015 11:30 pm

I'm thinking we'll interview him in a storage room that we'll have set up ahead of time. It will be a table with two chairs with only one way in or out. We'll have guards on the other side of the door. If we haven't before, I'll also be sure to have searched and to take anything away, including his belt, that could help him escape or commit suicide.

To start the interview I'll see if I can get to know him a little bit and ask him how he has been treated so far (Are you getting enough water and food to eat? Is his mat at least comfortable? That kind of thing). I'll then ask him about his history (where are you from, do you have any family, what happened to them kind of stuff) and who he is working for. I'll come up with more questions as he answers those.

Meanwhile, I'll have Javan on lie duty, positioned behind the guy on the cusp of his personal space. You know, that point that is uncomfortable but not outright annoying. That way he'll never be able to have his eyes on both of us at the same time and Javan can nod yes or no when or if he detects a lie.

Oh, and FYI we'll keep at this until I'm satisfied so I guess we'll see how late we can all stay up in game.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 20th

Post by Archengeia on Sat May 30, 2015 5:27 pm

The Lefftenant is cordial, but stiff. He does not give his name, his family, or his home, but he does admit he has been treated well and concludes out-loud that the group is unlikely to be pirates by consequence, as pirates would not be considerate or intelligent enough to feign it. He will ignore any further questions and as he is interrogated he will slowly, again out-loud, deduce that, given their professionalism and resources, it's unlikely they are simply another bandit group. Further, given how interested they are in the local situation it's likely they have enough backing to be trying to affect the current power situation. Given all this, he presents a question of his own to Javan and Kolson; what, exactly, do they intend to do with regards to the current crises facing the Kingdom? The financial self destruction, the war, and the refugees.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 20th

Post by K on Sat May 30, 2015 6:09 pm

"blaaaarrggghhhh...." - is roughly the sound Higaide's non-existant lunch makes as it lurches it's way out of his stomach. He clenches his fist and tries to pick himself up with a few labored breaths, but a burning throat full of gastric acid along with the stench of rotting flesh doesn't make it any easier. He presses his sleeve over his nose, to try to filter out the air as much as possible, and forces himself to ignore the assault on his senses as he ruthlessly shoves in one breath at a time.

Ever since water had started falling from the Vasseyan sky all those months back, he'd done his best to try and ready himself for times when he'd be completely overwhelmed and unable to process. It hadn't worked so well, obviously - not that he had ever thought to come face to face with this. Come to think of it now, this was the only thing that could happen when two factions as heavily armed and as uncaring for the other's life as these people came to all-out war. He felt ashamed, for some reason.

As soon as he does, though, his sense of resolve kicks in. All he can do now - for everyone, is pick Sareth up, get him on his feet, get back to Holtburg as soon as possible and help the Exchange wrench control of the government back from the pricks who stole it. And hope it's the right thing.

He takes his sleeve off his nose. If it's good enough for the people writhing in agony around him, it's good enough for him, and he'd better get used to it if he really plans to get involved in this mess as deep as they're about to - he thinks, as he forces in breath after breath of rotten air.

Then he picks up Sareth, who's sure to wake up with one frell of a headache after unconsciously breathing this stuff for just this long, and makes his way away from the mayhem, until the air becomes a bit more tolerable and he can give him the wake-up potion, and get themselves on the move as soon as possible.


Last edited by K on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 20th

Post by Kolson on Sat May 30, 2015 8:32 pm

Kolson was not expecting that. He does his best to hide it, but we'll see if he does or not (deception check please).

His immediate response is to answer with a question, his tone making it clear that he is open to answering the question depending on how Lefftenant responds to his. "That's an interesting series of observations, sir. If you were me, what would you do in this situation?"
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 20th

Post by Archengeia on Sun May 31, 2015 8:15 pm

Javan gives Kolson the signal that he believes the man is telling the truth, and Kolson himself believes he is not being deceptive. Rather, the man is impaling Kolson with a look, mind turning behind his eyes. "I am not a great leader of men," he says finally. "There is no solution to the financial crisis that I know of, save the continuation of the war. But the least we can do is care for those in our borders, whether they were born here or not."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 20th

Post by Essoje on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:09 am

Javan, who had been mostly quiet during the whole time, starts to say his share about this, with a tone matter-of-factly, "The many shouldn't have to pay for the mistakes of the few. Nice thing to aim for, yes. Nice brainwashing too."

"Continuing the war is a gamble for the masses, but for those that live on intrigues and political maneuvers? They are going to survive, war or not, financial crisis or not. In fact, the 'good stuff' you have been sending back to your superiors makes me seriously question your choices, or at least where your loyalties lies... The 'few'? The 'many'?"

"It's horrible and sad. Really. You and the people you are trying to save are, well, loose ends after all. I don't need a crystal ball to clearly see everyone you involved into this fool's errand being erased once the 'Few' you answer for are done with you. And the reason given to the public? Known bandits. Fought back. Nobody will know the truth. Who would believe the truth even?"

OOC Note:

Basically, Javan is calling the dwarf out on what he's saying and what he's doing don't agree with each other in long-term, hinting his world view might be screwed due to external influence (aka 'brainwashing'). Also he's pointing out that the war continuing is basically bad for the little people, and the only real winners in it (winning or losing the war doesn't matter) are those in power (nobles, etc). So saying that trying to save the refugees by messing with internal commerce during a financial crisis and then sending the best items to his superiors makes no sense, even more specially during a war.

Since Javan is being straightfoward and unemotional in his tone, I'm hoping the dwarf will take this as Javan literally alerting the dwarf his actions that he's in a precarious situation, enough that it would be too easy for his superiors to simply erase all of them once their usefulness had ended. I mean, with all the refugee hating from Aluvian masses, it would be the easiest thing to kill them and just pass it as bloodthristy refugee bandits being put down for the good of Aluvia.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 20th

Post by Kolson on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:52 am

Kolson will wait and see how Lefftenant responds to Javan's line of reasoning so he can take a measure of the man. He's hoping Lefftenant might make a good recruit for the Exchange.

Spoiler:
I'm looking forward to seeing how he responds to this question. I've been wanting to ask him the same thing ever since the camp confrontation.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 20th

Post by Archengeia on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:47 am

The Dwarf, for the first time showing contempt, turns towards Javan and denies that any of the goods he or his soldiers have been gathering has been lining the pockets of his superior. While a portion is skimmed off, the majority is left in the hands of those who actually need it; the desperate and the starving. And what, he retorts, returning his attention to Kolson, your people been doing? He also implies, with a bit of a snarl, that attempting to intimidate him with Kolson's Aspect is not working. He is interested in doing what his family has always insisted that the military's job is; helping people. And if he has to work for someone who is trying to increase his own personal power that will help people, then he will accept that regardless of consequence.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 20th

Post by Essoje on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:40 pm

Javan couldn't help but feel a little bad for the Lefftenant, then turned to Kolson, "Man, now I'm starting feeling really bad for riling him up. So, what do you think pal?"
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 20th

Post by Kolson on Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:38 am

"Too soon to tell either way," the red mage answers with a little shrug.

To the dwarf he says, "You need to calm down Huldar. I won't claim to understand your trials and tribulations up to this point but I can say we are not your enemy. Now don't give me that look I can prove it. We've been taking care of the recently arrived human refugees, including food, everyday necessities, cultural acclimation, and some job training. If we hadn't stepped in its likely their entire species would have ended up as fodder for the war. Don't believe me? I'll take you to meet them right now."
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 20th

Post by Archengeia on Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:19 pm

Huldar reveals a bit more about himself as Kolson and Javan take him through the Veil. The man doesn't come from wealth or privilege, was a bit of a do-nothing clerk in his younger years before the Dryreach Incident occurred. Shortly thereafter, when the Aluvian military was restructured from the ground up, his father signed up for service. Another few months of slowly growing to resent his job later Huldar ended up signing up as well, and proved to have quite a head for keeping people in line and in order, leading to him fast-tracking the officer's track. However he flat refused promotion past Lefftenant (which he helpfully informs the two is in charge of a full Company of about 144 men on average) as he didn't want to be too far from the men he commanded. He's unwilling to spill the beans, so to speak, about what he's been up to these past few weeks, but you get the impression he's working for someone smaller scale than you might have thought previously.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 20th

Post by K on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:29 pm

1st(?) Action: Give Sareth the potion, make sure he's alright, then get a move on.

2nd Action: Search (what's left of) the town for some kind of transport. Buy or rent, i got the money. If i find one abandoned, i'll just take it; not that i like it, but there's only so far i can look and so long i can wait for an owner to show up. If all i can get are horses, i'll try to find two, since i'm sure it'll be worth the time gained on the road. Also, rations. If Tufa is 7 days walk, it'd be good if we didn't starve on the way.

3rd Action: Make our way around the hot zone and toward Tufa. Will take more time than going straight through, if there wasn't a war going on in that area. I think it's worth the extra delay in order to not get ripped in half by a cannon or something.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 20th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum