1st adventure: the Fey one

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 1st adventure: the Fey one

Post by Rory on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:46 am

Deception:
My Deception roll was for his answer.

The look on Konrad's face stays fixed, half skeptic, half merely a frown(as if offended). He breaks into a smile again and goes on as if he'd forgotten what was vexing him(spoiler alert, he did not). "Ah, the indispensable Yellow Magic. Maybe you could put it to sleep first, if we're lucky."

"I'm curious about something, chief. The locals shared somewhat spurious speculation regarding Fedler and her relationship with the elected authority in Highwind. It sounds like mercs are your first choice, ahead of said authority's support. To me, that doesn't reflect well on the competence of whoever is running things over there."

skill:
Diplomacy + 6
I'm asking him to open up about the person or people who represent this side of the Free Feathers. Why would they not want to ask for their help? There's something else going on here.
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:15 am

Zeiss:
"(Tsk...)" - Mihai kicks himself for not having noticed the armored man at the door. Being in his profession, one doesn't take such things personal, but adding to the drop Lloyd had gotten on him earlier, that's twice now he'd have been dead.

Lloyd being here, there's no reason to put on mannerism, so he lets his real mood through, only bothering to mask the worst of his annoyance at having been so easily tracked down, and now probably cornered.

He will sit opposite Lloyd, and will not speak first, with this look on his face throughout.
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:35 pm

Rory:
I'm sorry, it slipped right past me. He seemed to be telling the true, about everything he said.

Saemon seems a little more relaxed now that Konrad appears to avoid bringing up the chief's outburst. But Konrad's next question hardens the expression on his face, but whatever he is feeling right now doesn't seem to be directed towards the red mage.

"It's not just Fedler. Many of us in Waterglass don't want the city-state of Highwind to interfere with our affairs, but with the cursed wolf, we had no choice but to ask for help. Fedler was supposed to go to Highwind to do just that, but I told her that if she was to encounter mercenaries on her way to offer them the job instead. And now you're here." He pauses. "The mayor has suggested that we become citizens of Highwind, even before the wolf appeared. Some agree, others don't. That's politics for you."

For Mihai only:
Now that you're sitting at the table, you can see that the woman besides you must be somewhere in her late-twenties or late-thirties; it's difficult to tell. Lloyd's smile has disappeared, but he's still polite and starts to speak in Lofellian.

"You understand that it was just business, right?" He eyes you up. "In fact, our syndicate has stopped looking for you. Griggs used some of our blades to hunt you down, but the boss quickly put a stop to that under the pretense it was a waste of resources." After a quick glance at the woman, who hasn't stopped looking at Mihai, he continues. "I never thought I would see you here of all places."

OOC:
He seems to be telling the truth.
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:05 pm

Zeiss:
After taking it in, Mihai sighs. He drops the intensity in his stare.

"Leave it to the Boss to..." - he starts, in a rather nostalgic manner, but then checks himself - "Regardless, i couldn't go along with Griggs' whims anymore. That business with the girl was the last straw for me, the last job just put the seal on it."

Lloyd wrote:"I never thought I would see you here of all places."

Mihai can't help but chuckle.

"You're telling me. I thought you'd tracked me down."
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:14 pm

For Mihai only:
Llyold smiles genuiely now that Mihai has let go of his scorn. However, he freezes for a second at the words "tracked me down".

"Well... we were waiting for you. Not you specifically Mihai, but your group."

He glances at the woman again, and she nods at him. Lloyd explains:

"May I present to you Marie Lavoie, an Oracle from Lofell. She's the Coins' client. Your client."
OOC:
He seems to be telling the truth.
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:57 pm

Zeiss:
Mihai finally eyes the woman, giving a slight but deliberate nod as way of greeting. It's very tempting to let his gaze wander south of her face, which is precisely why he firmly restricts his eyes to hers. As she's seen him in his no-nonsense mode, it's useless to put on his practiced persona now, so he keeps speaking plain.

"For the Client to come all the way out here personally, the matter must be serious indeed. That..." - he looks at Lloyd - "or there are complications."
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:03 pm

For Mihai only:
OOC:
It is now the 29th of April.
Lloyd gives you a knowing smile. The lady has now stopped looking directly at Mihai. "There are," she says. Your former colleague is searching for the right words.

"Let me tell you how we got here; we've been following the thieves since Lofell. They arrived in Highwind by ship on the 25th, as we did later that day. We met a Coins' coordinator to hire an Adjunct to do the dirty job, and we kept following until they stopped here. For three days, they did nothing but wait in these ruins and scout the area around Waterglass."

The Oracle has stopped leaning on her chair. She turns to Mihai, and says with a mellow voice:

"Furthermore, the previous Adjunct sent here was killed by this cursed wolf. It must have taken them by surprise. My abilities tell me that their bodies are rotting north of this village, which is why we sent word to the Coins of Highwind to send another one. Which makes it all the more curious as to why the thieves are still here; with the wolf around, they should be fleeing for their lives."

Her cold stare doesn't budge. Lloyd adds: "Which is why Miss Lavoie thinks that in addition of the journal they stole, the thieves may have managed to capture a particular specimen from her inventory. She thought it had simply used the chaos of the heist to escape, but if these crooks are scouting the area around the village, it could mean they had the specimen with them until it used an opportunity to flee."

The woman butts in the one-side conversation again: "If you bring me that creature, I'll pay you and your colleagues double whatever the Coins
promised you."
OOC:
Your knowledge of politics tell you your handler doesn't hold the rank of coordinator. Also, they seem to be telling the truth.
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:43 pm

Zeiss:
Mihai digests the information, then:

"There could be more. Whoever you met for this contract wasn't the person who briefed us; the man we talked to was no Coordinator. It might have been just standard delegation, but even without the specimen, this job was too important to hand over to three untried Adjuncts. Our Handler admitted to as much himself."
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:04 pm

For Mihai only:
OOC:
Forgot to mention it, but a coordinator is a rank superior to your handler's.
Lloyd shrugs.

"These thieves are untrained fighters, nothing you can't handle with some creativity. The apparition of this wolf complicates things a little, but that's not part of your mission. We're just here to make an offer: find the creature, and Miss Lavoie will pay you."

The Oracle puts her hand approximately 15 centimetres above the table.

"That's the specimen's height. It radiates elemental energies, and is all but harmless. The trick is to find it."
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:24 pm

Zeiss:
Mihai listens to the description. Then:

"I'll have to talk to my people, but they should be amenable."
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:32 pm

For Mihai only:
Marie Lavoie gives another description of the specimen. After which, Lloyd nods at you. "Just come back here with the creature to be paid."

OOC:
We'll have to wait a little for the others to catch up with you in time, unless you do something else by yourself.
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:41 pm

Zeiss:
Mihai takes his leave, then goes off to find Fedler.
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:45 pm

OOC for everyone:
Gotta wait until the other players catch up in time with Mihai.

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:22 pm

Zeiss of Dreamkeeper wrote:The young redheaded hunter nods and answers: "Two kilometers away, the stream in the forest. But the wolf will hunt down any lone target."

"Then we have no time to waste. I assume you have some kind of plan then?"
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Fedler answers stoically: "Except run and grab, then no, I have no plan. Igor doesn't have much time left, so anything that requires preparation could kill him. It would be better to fight the wolf at another time, on our own terms."
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:40 pm

Don't worry, he's not off the hook.

"Huh, okay. Tell me about what worries people about opening up to Highwind. And what about your mayor, what's his angle?"
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:45 pm

"If you know the best way to get there then you have a plan. Don't sell yourself short. I'll gather my companions and we'll get this taken care of immediately." Determined, Steve will start to walk outside.

If he runs into Mihai, Steve will tell everything he has learned and ask him to come with him to find Konrad. Once they are all together again, Steve will them them the situation with Igor and that if they don't act quickly then he will likely die.
Kolson

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:17 am

OOC:
Forcing Steve to stay in the city hall for a few moments, just to undo the time discrepancies. He can go outside at the end of this post.

Before you and Fedler manage to step outside, Irving stops the hunter with one word: "Wait." She looks at him, slightly annoyed, but nevertheless waits for him to continue. "Saemon will stay in the village."

The young woman frowns at what sounded like an order, while Velstar shrugs at the tension building up in the room, and pats you in the back before returning to tend to Igor. "You heard me," declares the tall man.

"You can't coddle him anymore Irving," replies Fedler. "We'll need his help to kill the wolf."

"To kill the wolf, yes," he admits. "But not to grab Forandor leaves in the forest. If you're taking the mercenaries with you, we'll need Silver and Saemon to defend the village in case things go wrong."

Fedler makes a loud tsk, then simply concedes. "Fine, fine. Let's go Steve."

Just as Saemon was going to answer Konrad's last question, Steve and Fedler have now left the city hall and are walking towards the chief and the red mage. Steve shares everything he learned (except his discovery that Velstar is one of his teachers from the Citadel, which he's leaving for another time), and Fedler communicates what the mayor decided about Saemon. The chief rolls his eyes, but accepts the order: "He's right; someone else other than Silver must protect the village." He asks one of the villagers to take your horses to the stable, and leaves to supervise the preparations for the upcoming festival. The young man who let his female coworker fall from the two side ladder seems to have done something wrong, again, since she's still insulting him.

Konrad must then decides if he's going to join Fedler and Steve on this little run-and-grab expedition. So does Mihai, since he will come out of the inn at this exact moment and be bombarded by Steve's explanations.
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:13 am

Mihai withstands a direct hit from the explanation bombardment, considers, then takes a breath.

"Lead the way."
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:56 am

"Ugh, alright. I suppose he can't be properly dealt with until he recovers, not that it's any of my bother." Konrad appears to be pondering something. Finally, in ominous bearing, he suggests, "Since you won't be going all by your lonesome, I might stay behind to keep an eye on the situation," getting a sideways glance at the ladder workers, although they had nothing to do with what he implied.

On any other day, I'd demand payment for this. This "Igor" probably deserves what he's come down with, but our priorities are clear: first we play noble hero to the village idjit - for the goodwill of the hunter and the chief, anyway.

He turns to Mihai and says, "Well, how did it go?"
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:18 am

Rory wrote:He turns to Mihai and says, "Well, how did it go?"

Mihai ponders for a second.

"New business opportunity to make twice what the Coins promised us, but something's off."

He looks into nowhere, weighing variables.

"Anyway we need to take care of this wolf first. There's a good chance our targets will be coming out of the fort and into the forest once they know it's dead. They'll be easier pickings there, and we might be able to get a few of them alive. I have a question or two for them."
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:35 pm

Fedler has been doing this the entire time.

Image:

"Can we save the chit chat for later? Whoever is coming, come."

She walks off north, in direction of the forest.
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:48 pm

Glad to be snapped out of it for now, Mihai follows.

"Yes ma'am."
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:52 pm

"Have fun, you three. Keep an eye out for anything suspicious, and if you happen across anything that might help delay or prevent baldness, keep me in mind, will you? Runs in the family," He quips, half joking. Which half? Hmm...

Konrad heads toward the inn. "Now then, let's pretend."
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:37 am

Steve smiles at Konrads joke, waves goodbye, and follows Fedler and Mihai out of town.
Kolson

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next