Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC discussion

4 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

OOC discussion Empty OOC discussion

Post by Zeiss Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:28 pm

Out-of-character business here.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

OOC discussion Empty Re: OOC discussion

Post by Rory Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:31 pm

Character goals, yeah?

Personal goal
-Fleet. I want my own fleet! Oh yes, this is a big one.
-Ship. I want my own ship, my Black Pearl of ships.

First I need a crew and my very own ship. Then I will have to get more crew for another ship. I am going to have to recruit, recruit, recruit. And guess what? Steve and Mihai get to have a privateer fleet captain who will take them wherever they need to go and have a fleet at his beck and call. Most likely via magical tele-communicator, so that they don't have to literally follow me around in case they're needed.

Character goal
-Revenge. I want to find the villainous scum who betrayed me and my captain and I want to kill them all, Quentin-Tarantino-revenge-fantasy style. At this point, they will likely be five ships split into two factions.

Ultimate goal
Well we can't decide this just yet. The story's only just begun!

Fleet Ship
Let's talk about the fleet ship. I work for the Coins. I'd start my own merc group, but well, I work for the Coins. Well, I have them hire themselves out to the Coins and report to me. I get commission for every naval assignment they complete. Very important, going to need a tele-communicator so that they don't have to follow me around in case we need mass migration transport, or the big guns.

Caveat: this is going to take some serious time and resources. So then, at fulfillment of my ideal goals what are the benefits(and partly ideal goals themselves)?

-player housing
-naval transportation
-a steady source of income(but first, I need to be able to pay them before they become self-working...)
-heavy cannonfire and other such killtastic weaponry against any foe of my choosing(don't worry, I am a very reasonable player, and the DM may come up with whatever reason why I am not able to get as many ships as I want for a particular fight. Or any at all...gasp)
-a bloody army, an armada! And a tough one at that, after upgrades. Nothing but the best for my loyal like-minded crew!
--*I'm thinking a soft maybe on the "army/armada"*

Character "tics", traits
Come up with some character tics or traits, or list some that you may have already made. Here are mine so far:
-habitually raising people's dispositions
-smiling
-assuming control

At some point, we should create a character database where you are free to post and update your own PC entry, while the story master does the same for NPCs.

Last edited by Rory on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:11 pm

Well, I didn't expect you to be so enthusiast about it Rory.

Like I said, my GMing style is more akin to a Final Fantasy game, and my adventures (including the potential campaign attached to it) follow a linear structure; with plenty of room to move around, but don't expect anything like the Primus setting. However, I know how I could include these goals into my narrative structure, and I believe the results would be close to what you envision. It would happen way down the line, especially the fleet, but it's possible; we'll see where this adventure takes us first.

I hope you guys will have fun.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:43 pm

I just get excited, that's what I do. I don't like to micromanage though, and a gigantic minigame is right out. In response to the range of player freedom you're choosing, I could stick to a ship instead, but I would eventually like to have it decked out like the Queen Anne's Revenge(#notevil). So, we will scrap the fleet. As for the whole goals thing, you can thank Kolson for giving me a template, and that is now my thing as well.

I'm aiming to put my character in charge of a group of followers. Not necessarily build-wise, although the Leadership feat could help with that. I'm hoping building up a strong reputation will get the word out and get me stout loyalists. You did say having Profession(Sailing) would be needed...
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:29 pm

I'm still not sure how to fit the Fleet in, but I'll think about it. Don't expect to hear anything about it anytime soon though.

For the rest of the goals, it's easy peasy to do.

As for sailing, it will be useful most especially during the campaign, if I ever run it. Not going to spoil when it might happen though.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:09 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know I'll get a post up tonight when I get home. Thank you for your patience.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:50 pm

Current profile picture depicts the the attitude, the flair, and the overall demeanor of my character.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:57 am

No prob Kolson.

*looks at Rory's new pic*

Got it. A picture is worth a thousand words indeed.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:03 am

Man Rory, you weren't kidding about that shit eating smile. Nice!

@Zeiss What was the name of that plant that detoxed the patient easier? I forgot to write it down/lost whatever I wrote it on. Sorry, I've been very scatterbrained the last two days. I actually forgot my dice for that teaching game I ran tonight. I had to borrow some from my players! (figuratively dies of embarrassment)
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:24 am

Farandor.

Your message didn't appear as new. Strange.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:36 am

I'm not gonna lie, that's scary. Seriously, i now find Konrad truly intimidating.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:15 pm

I don't know what those people told Mihai, but I want to think of some way to get them out of the picture, so what I'm thinking is to get them arrested with my Forgery skill.

To do this, I want to visit them and talk to them to get an understanding of their characters and what they're like, so first I'm going to go in and talk to them about this offer, and pretend I'm interested. I'm going to weed out who the leader by how they talk to each other and to me. I'm going to find out if any of them read or write by pretending to order food and asking them which they prefer - entrees, drinks, etc.

Next, I will rent a room at the inn and go to it to write some notes about these thugs gathering people together to form a base at the abandoned fort. Then I am going to plant them in plain sight in their rooms

Then I will seduce someone in town, probably that woman having a hard time. I'll pretend to take her to my room, but take her to the room of the apparent leader, where we will find the letter. I will read it aloud to her in order so that she can corroborate my findings. Then, we vacate quickly so that I can present this "evidence" to the chief.

The only things I haven't worked out is how I'm going to find their rooms, and how I'm going to get in.

If I need money, I have an idea for how I may get some.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:28 pm

As soon as you enter the inn, they will address you and decide to initiate a conversation. I don't mind if you decide to split off with the rest of the party, but talking to these thugs would probably change your perspective on things, and whether you want to keep going with this plan.

And might I say that I am very pleased you didn't read what was meant for Mihai only. I would have trusted you and Kolson to read it and keep the meta knowledge out of your mind, but it still warms the heart to see how dedicated you are to roleplaying. Cool
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:54 am

Okay, I think we should get on with it but we need to decide a few things.

1a. Where are we fighting? Not generally. I mean specifically. We obviously aren't fighting in town.

1b. How are we attracting the wolf if we decide to stay in one spot and ambush it?

2. What's our battle line look like? Who's our front row and who is our back?

3. Can Fedler or another local suggest a good spot or otherwise give us an advantage somehow since they know the terrain?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:20 am

Konrad and the chief discussed these things.

1a. We are going to be fighting in an open area, a field I'm guessing, near the treeline in case we need cover.

1b. I'm going to cut my hand, and then go out a ways and sort of wait for it to catch my scent. Once it does, I'll wait until I see it and then let it follow me right into our ambush.

I'll heal the cut rather quickly because I'm Blessed, all I need is my blood. Should take just 1hp from me, if it lasts until the fight starts.

2. My idea was to have me and Mihai up front, with the chief, Saemon, as far back as he can be - which is 10 meters. He'll suppress it's curse magic. All ranged people stay back and fire, including Steve.

3. Saemon has a place with open space in mind, as I suggested, but you could still ask him to specify, or ask someone for advantageous locations.

Last edited by Rory on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:23 am

Konrad and the chief of the militia discussed this actually. The mayor was busy calming down the villagers.

10 meters is around 30 feet.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:23 am

Right, chief. Let me go revise that post. I caught one typo mentioning the mayor, I guess I missed a second.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:35 am

Just wanted to be on the same page since I'm not reading other people's stuff. That's a solid plan Rory, well done.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:21 am

I would suggest the area north of here. It has big trees, the kind that the wolf couldn't fell. I would suggest the largest trees for cover, or possibly perch, since we're all ranged combatants. It also has the corpses of the former Adjunct, that we never actually checked out (to my great regret), and it wouldn't hurt for one of us (me) to do so while we're there.

I also scribbled something earlier. Might come in handy.

OOC discussion 5uXKVNc
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:06 pm

Nice K. I especially like the mad wolf head and the clear life/death distinction.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:46 pm

Nice illustration, K. Yeah looks like we're all set - right after we handle some roleplay.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:47 pm

Should be important to note, I don't have any kids. Neither does Konrad...I wouldn't think.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:28 am

Shrug, Steve might. Can Cursed have kids? If so, are they normal?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:51 am

The Cursed can have kids. They're normal, provided the mage hasn't used too much magic, since a very low amount could get them mad.

To avoid that, mages don't cast any spell for the duration of their pregnancy.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:41 am

Cool. If Steve does have any kids he doesn't know about them.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next