OOC discussion

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: OOC discussion

Post by Zeiss on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:00 pm

So I have done the math, and between your pay from the wolf's job, the loot found on the dead adjunct and your recent pay given by Sonlake, this adventure should have yielded you guys 212 pieces of gold each.

As a group, you received 150 gp from Irving. Each one of you gets 50gp from that.

As a group, you received 36 gp from the loot found on the dead Adjunct members' bodies. Each one of you gets 12 gp.

As a group, you received 450 gp from Sonlake. Each one of you gets 150 gp.

Please write it down if it's not done already.
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:03 pm

When we get some downtime, I want to buy some ink and paper.

I would like to use Gather Info for some things requiring downtime.

Gather Information
- In the law-abiding circles and public, find out anything I can about who attacked that trading ship that docked recently, definitely by visiting the docks and by visiting the law enforcement.
- Separate from the other check: visit both good and bad neighborhoods(bars, inns) to find out what permits or documents are coveted, both by law-abiding citizens and by the criminally inclined.

Diplomacy and Deception
All the time, I'm rolling once to increase the disposition toward me by each person I meet. In addition, rolling Deception with peaceful citizens and lawmen to come off as genuinely law-minded and interested in seeing justice brought to the attackers for security and safety of law-abiding people in general, as any it would concern any upstanding citizen. (Depending on whether I'm familiar with the attackers, I may actually be interested in doing something about it with the information I receive, but not for the same reasons).

The goal here is to raise my standing with the law enforcement of Highwind to gain trust, to make it easier to access documents for the purpose of practicing forgery.

How criminally-minded is Mihai? He's a roguish type, so he must be familiar with the practice of sneaking into places where he's not allowed.

And lastly, what is the Coins' policies when it comes to illegal offenses made by their members on other targets(not the Coins)?
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Fri May 27, 2016 10:38 pm

Zeiss of Dreamkeeper wrote:No map of Highwind can be found within the shops of the city. When asked about it, the merchants will give Konrad a strange look, since why would anyone buy that?

"Well, for both of these documents, you would need to make a donation of 1000 gold pieces," she says, laughing. "200 for the gate, and 800 for the commerce!"
Why wouldn't there be any demand for city maps? Why wouldn't the local government supply maps of the city for the public?

To put it bluntly she's asking for way too much. Y'know, expired licenses would do just fine, too. Either I've just met my competition, or that's roleplay-talk for the mechanical number, 100gp that I would actually deduct from my sheet. We're going to have to reconcile this dissonance, it's artificial and seems unnecessary and sometimes confusing.

100gp...I'm guessing she knows why I'm out to get these licenses. If she's going to acquire them through illegal means, selling them for a reduced amount of what they're worth(to make it more attractive to me for going this route) would be enough, unless she knew that I'm out to sell some of my own to other people, so she's taking her cut of the action from this one-time sale. Really should have checked the price tag for acquiring them the legal way... I had her pegged as some random passerby, but now I'm not so sure. I suppose there's no harm in pretending I work for a big player in the city's underworld, to see how she reacts.
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Fri May 27, 2016 11:12 pm

Why no city map? City isn't big enough (less than 100k people living there), it's no tourist spot, streets are already numbered so you can guess where to go just from the address of the place you want to go, it's a pain to update the map, you don't want to give your enemies the disposition of your defenses, and a few other reasons.

Unless I tell you otherwise, the numbers I give you are on the same scale of what you have on your sheet. You can act as if I never told you guys about the roleplay-mechanical number, and all will be fine. So yeah, it's 1000 gp. For comparison, a heavy warhorse costs 400 gp. These documents are usually bought by companies, not individuals, hence the high prices.

Acquiring these documents the legal way is indeed less expensive, but there's a lot more scrutiny and paperwork involved.
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Sun May 29, 2016 12:24 pm

Okay. I'm dropping this. I'm just looking for a way to make money off of my Forgery skill, and I think I've been going at it the wrong way. I'm going to gauge the interest for an expert forger in the seedy part of the city via Gather Info, then approach potential clients to hire myself out.
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:56 pm

Zeiss wrote:"Of course. We're not planning to give you any work that might conflict with your current 'employer', so rest assured on that front."
I was not planning on letting on who I work for, unless it would be assumed that I work for Madame Wrinkle since I get my work through her people and pay them a toll to do business in their area. The way the nebulous 'they' say this makes me wonder if they know I work for the Coins.
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:43 pm

As the GM, I haven't any mistake when it relates to what you just quoted. Just letting you know.
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:39 pm

So, the second adventure is ready to go. Anyone interested in playing it?
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:50 am

Yup!
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:12 am

i got a magic sword now
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:32 pm

Very much.
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:10 am

Konrad is now Krystian Kuznik. Just Kuznik for short.
Steve is now Stan.

What about Mihai, Fedler, Breeze, and Zelk?
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:41 am

Mihai is DLL, thanks to Kolson. If that's too short, you can go with Davinel. Or if you're really feeling verbose, Davine Lu Linvega.

The stress syllable is the Da, btw; so it's Davine, not Davine. I know how you anglophones are Suspect .
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:01 pm

What I see is something similar to "David" or "Davin", which stress the first syllable, and I thought it must be "Dav-in". Day-vin" I could see, but that was my . "Duh-veen" just seems off Yes.
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:06 pm

Well, i say Dah-vin, but i'm weird like that (also, lusophone). So long as you get the consonants and rhythm right, i'm cool. I'm vowel-tolerant.

btw, this is his namesake:
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:23 am

Here is my description from the beginning of the first campaign, and how he's changed:

Underneath his scale male, Konrad wears a pair of wool breeches and a loose shirt. Over that, he wears a black vest and a dyed gray leather jacket. Black boots (the best kind) go up to mid calf, fastened with shiny metal buckles and straps. On his left forearm is a red armband, indicating he practices a mix of different magics as a Red Mage.
He's now wearing the detailed disguise outfit for the mission, and no red armband.

I gave barely any description for his hair, but I believe it was caramel colored buzz-cut hair. It has grown some since you first met him, but not by much. However, he has kept his face very clean. Not even any sideburn action.

As he turns to face each of you with his azure gaze beneath his widow's peak, you are able to appraise his pronounced features close up for the first time: earlier, you may have noticed that the right side of his face, particularly starting at his temple, covering and going down his cheek and the posterior of his jaw, is mottled with a texture that unsettles you to think of what it might feel like to run your hand across it. Now that you've got a closer look, you quickly realize that the right side of his face, and very likely the right side of his upper body(as it continues down the right side of his neck), is scarred from what must have been a nasty encounter with something hot.
This has not changed and never will.

For the mission, his scars are concealed by the bandana he's wrapped around his face, a turtleneck, and mascara on the lower eyelids of his eyes. There's a lot blotting out the eyelids and the overall area around the right eye to darken the skin to cover up the scars, as he still leaves slits for the eyes and nose. His right eye color isn't different than his left.
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:44 pm

*Takes note of the disguise.*
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:25 am

Sorry about the sudden exit everyone. An emergency came up and I was needed. Got to admit, that's one hell of a point to leave at. What a cliffhanger!
Kolson

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:49 am

I don't know about you guys, but i wanna open that box.
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:03 pm

As you wake up on the beach, you are now level 3. Please change your stats accordingly. Mihai is still injured though.
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:45 am

Hungry? Grab a Snicker.
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:46 pm

i'm just saying, there's a reason we shouldn't mess with Rags

K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:41 pm

I was thinking more along those lines.

Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:12 pm

I was hoping it was more Conan O'Brien than Conan of Cimmeria, lol.
Kolson

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:16 pm

I was thinking the barbarian.

I want to add a new thread with blurbs about the PCs, the three of us, similar to Zeiss's NPCs thread. I've got my own entry ready to go.
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next