May 3rd

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

May 3rd

Post by Archengeia on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:32 pm

Van wishes to converse with Kolson about his more long-term goals, dreams, and hopes with regards to his career.  Now away from 'the boss', he confesses to Kolson that Zeiss scares him, and that he isn't sure he wants to live a life of crime, especially now that he and Ephmia of Shadowsong are getting along so well, and she's entirely unaware of the illegal nature of his work.

The Separatist soldiers easily slide into the Exchange's forces, eager to do their part to clandestinely bring down the Lords and their corrupt government.

Kolson rolls average on Weaving the Silence room, and it's a fairly complicated Weave to do... he succeeds, but it will either cost him a whopping 3 CXP as a baseline.  He can spend a few more CXP to add additional features, like controlling duration of the Silence, giving it multiple charges per day, or acting as a magical barrier for Scans and the like as well.

The Olthoi Chef team is not cheap (and will now be deducted from regular earnings) but produces incredible food for the Veil.  It quickly becomes common to make the long, long trip through the Veil to the main eatery just to sample their delights.  As part of the arrangements, the Olthoi procure their own foodstuffs for cooking, though this does mean every few days random Olthoi flitter in and out of the Veil delivering.

The Mite woman, who shall be named later, proves to be an efficient if unambitious accountant, ultimately doing nothing beyond keeping the books balanced.

Qui-Gon will be looking into the information as requested, notating here for my future notes; Warlords, mutual business partners, exclusive business partners, influential people in Holtburg, Mayors and Guardians of Holtburg province

General Tollar of Anvilmar is convinced by Zeiss' usages of everything he has to convince him of his plan, which is good since the good General is idealistic and naive enough to be of the mindset that his plan is wrong and things should be done better.  Regardless, the resources of the local military directly under his command, as well as the national assets they command, get folded under the Exchange's label and are prepared to be disseminated into the Exchange proper, on one condition; Tollar of Anvilmar insists on being effectively a partner of the Exchange... not in the interest of power so much as having the right of executive veto to change things should he prefer it.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Kolson on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:18 pm

Kolson will give it to Van straight:

That he understands where Van is coming from and the offer of an out is completely legit. In fact, his service has been so good that the Exchange is looking to reward him for his exemplary service (the 50 gp).

He'll also make it clear that Van has nothing to fear from Zeiss. The former assassin is rough around the edges, but Kolson has never seen anyone try as hard as he is to turn his life around and that the skills Zeiss brings to the table represent the best hope for Aluvia right now.

Kolson will also sincerely thank him for all of his help and apologize for getting him caught up in all of this. He'll also extend an offer for the Exchange to supply any business endeavors he tries with his new freedom (Zeiss' idea).
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Zeiss on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:05 am

Zeiss' stats

  • Sleeps for 5 hours thanks to his magical ring.
  • Use 1 hour to take care of bodily functions and shower himself.
  • 18 hours remaining.
  • I will use my actions in an order of priority, from top to bottom. If I don't have enough time, I'll just use another day to complete the remaining actions. Needless to say, the actions I delegate don't eat up all my time.

Actions (Zeiss)


  • I accept Tollar of Anvilmar's condition. Let's fold his organization into mine. This is merely a confirmation of a decision made previously.
  • Talk to Lady Hammersmith.
  • I need a manager to become superintendent since Van is most likely not going to take the job. Will supervise my business managers.
  • I need a manager to become superintendent, and who will supervise the relief efforts.
  • I want a report on the progress of the different projects I have set up: the Shadow Depository, the Headhunting Task Force, and the Black Butterfly. Percentages are enough.
  • I want the General and my Superintendents to advise me. Let's keep this between ourselves. What if the Exchange made a deal with the military faction of Aluvia with these terms: Aluvia stops the war with Naverre, they accept to back the Exchange's attempt to take over the remnants of the Undermarket, and in return we agree to fund their arm races once we're in power. How likely would it be for them to accept? Is it viable financially? What do we gain, and most importantly, would we lose anything else except a share of the profits? If it's just to become Aluvia's pawns, I wouldn't do it. It is likely the other nations would see it as an invasion, and just go to war.
  • Zeiss will go to the Royal District to meet this "Golem". If it's a member of the Eleven, I just want to confirm it and move on. If it's not the Eleven, and it refuses to answer me, I'll just leave. I won't even try to speak to the Queen, unless she initiates a conversation. If she can tell us who that Golem represents, great, but I'm not holding my breath. Kolson will come with me, and assist with diplomacy.

Actions (delegated by Zeiss)

  • We sold the magicite core for 9000 gold pieces to the Osteth. Writing this down to confirm decision.
  • With Tollar's help, I want to ambush the Separatists forces that joined me and force them to surrender (if possible). Kolson will help with the tactics. We hand-wave the planning part, but here's what we want: to give the Separatists' forces a chance to surrender; if they refuse, our own forces will still have an advantage over theirs so we can swiftly take them out. If they do surrender, we'll act under the Dericost Accords and turn them over to the Aluvian military. Of course, we'll take all of their equipment for ourselves before doing so.
  • The Central Office: I want to upgrade Zeiss' office. If necessary, I will change it to another place within the Veil. Here's what it looks like and what equipment I want to add to it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4pdKgiss7uFaEQwbDJvN2RaMzA/view?usp=sharing
  • The Central Office, more details: the guest area is luxurious, without being decadent. The war table has different functions; indicates borders for nations, spheres of influence for organizations, resources emplacement (material or sentient), positions of armies (the Exchange's forces will be represented by woven statues of Eevees who are happily running), along a fog of war feature that can be turned on and off. Kitchen offers everything we can think of, without going overboard. Zeiss' quarters are almost barebone; there's only what he needs to live, no decoration or entertainment, and woven windows that give a view of a region of Glenden Woods he is familiar with. The Safe can store money, along with precious artifacts which are locked away, and it can be upgraded to be more secure; the door is woven for Zeiss', Kolson's, and Sareth's souls, to which we can add other souls. The Central Office: except what I have written in the document, the desks and chairs were made to be practical and exceptionally comfortable, and the decorations are relaxing without being distracting. The traps can only be deactivated by Zeiss, Kolson and Sareth, and some of them cast strong spells.
  • Sareth: he will gather as much information as he can on the spies that are working for other organizations (appearance, talents, family), and double check to verify whether some of our managers are compromised or not. Priority on the 2 spies who reported on Zeiss' father.
  • Sareth: under his command, I want my personal guard to capture, discreetly, the two spies who reported on Zeiss' father. We can trick them into reporting to a specific area, and my guards will take care of the rest. Once they are our prisoners, we will follow the Dericost Accords. They may suddenly die because of a hidden device implanted in them, so be prepared for that.
  • Write a sealed letter in which I explain what we think happened to Javan (replacing "Scionic" with "Ancient", and avoiding any critical information) and that he is his own person. He even left Holtburg of his own volition (not telling where he went), so leave him the hell alone, because I don't appreciate people trying to capture my friends to experiment on them. Then have my personal guard blindfold the Order member we have as a prisoner, escort him through the Veil and leave him near an Order post. We haven't done any harm to him, and I want to keep it this way. Give him the letter.

Actions (Kolson)

  • How much CXP did he gain for leveling up? We'll see if he weaves the Quiet room once we learn this.
  • Kolson is named Superintendent, and he will handle military tactics.
  • Kolson will use his diplomacy to make the talk of forming a mercenary wing, which would work under the Exchange, a reality. He would be the head of said wing, since he's the one who commanded these soldiers so far, while Zeiss would choose people to handle the paperwork and the distribution of supplies. From Kolson: [The Blades: We'll have one company for now. They'll be divided into squads. Purple, Yellow, Red, and Green. We'll figure out how to specialize them later.] Use the Separatists forces' equipment to give them some starting gear (if we got some), and pay for the rest.
  • The Blades: the blacksmiths Rory helped set up could be used to gear up our soldiers. We'll hire some more if necessary.
  • The Blades: buy a building in Holtburg that can serve as head office. We can buy a company who can handle the management if it's better. Recruitment will happen there too.
  • The Blades: as for the headquarters, they will be based in a section of the Veil where it is tactically sound to have them.

avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Archengeia on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Zeiss of Dreamkeeper wrote:Zeiss' stats

  • Sleeps for 5 hours thanks to his magical ring.
  • Use 1 hour to take care of bodily functions and shower himself.
  • 18 hours remaining.
  • I will use my actions in an order of priority, from top to bottom. If I don't have enough time, I'll just use another day to complete the remaining actions. Needless to say, the actions I delegate don't eat up all my time.

Starting the next day the GM will start requiring Constitution rolls to maintain this level of workload or face literally passing out.
Actions (Zeiss)


  • I accept Tollar of Anvilmar's condition. Let's fold his organization into mine. This is merely a confirmation of a decision made previously.
    Tollar tells you, frankly and to your face, that he does not trust you. But he has worked with worse, and believes at the very least that your ambitions and desires can coincide with making a better land for his people, so he accepts and says that, provided you do not give him reason to, he shall stand loyally as part of the new Bloc.
  • Talk to Lady Hammersmith.
    See next post.
  • I need a manager to become superintendent since Van is most likely not going to take the job. Will supervise my business managers.
    12 candidates apply for the position. Deliberately not giving names so you can name them... as long as you keep naming conventions for Clans and whatnot. No weird Mite names! Also more details exist I just don't feel like typing EVERYTHING right now so if you want to narrow it down or ask questions this is a thing.
    1: Dwarf male, career manager who used to work as a manager at Rustkhey Industries (a local shipping concern) prior to being hired into the Exchange. A private interview shows that he is good at long term planning, cunning, and ambitious.
    2: Half-Elf Half-Troll Male, a gentleman who was forced into joining the Undermarket a few years ago to settle a debt and have a roof over his head, who while skilled at leading others despises doing so.
    3: Elf Female, was involved in a relationship with one of her Middlers prior to the assassination by the Vyeotians, and has stayed on with the Exchange out of bitterness and a desire for revenge.
    4: Dwarf Male, long time iron-mills worker who actually does not have his right arm, having lost it in a smelter years ago. Very driven and emotional, but has a reputation for getting things done.
    5: Dwarf Male, a gentleman who bought into a local company about a decade ago for cheap, plundered it for assets, sold it off, and repeated. About a year and a half ago this landed him in hot water as one of the companies he tried to do this to was a holding company for someone in power (he claims he doesn't know who) and he was brought in, and his debt of servitude was purchased by the Exchange.
    6: Half-Elf Half-Banderling Female, a woman who thinks only of the bottom line and that the ends justifies the means. She is a recent recruit to crime in general, but has risen to Manager in very short time due to her penchant for getting results.
    7: Dwarf Female, a brutal woman who, while having a bit of intellect on her, has primarily shoved, pushed, and fought her way up to managerial position.
    8: Elf Male, a quiet man who doesn't say much but tends to keep to himself, and keeps his people organized through charts and notes.
    9: Elf Male, a very charismatic person who is well liked by those he leads and runs a loose ship.
    10: Half-Elf Half-Orc Male, a quiet person who is known to have a very keen mind, who can pick out what needs to be done very quickly and understands what hard choices can be required.
    11: Dwarf Female, a bit of a weirdo who tends to be ostracized by those around her, but she's quite good at forcing those around her to get their jobs done if needed.
    12: Human Male, a quiet fellow who joined the Exchange and has, by all appearances, been very humble and reserved in his slow climb up the ladder.

  • I need a manager to become superintendent, and who will supervise the relief efforts.
    Only one person volunteers for this, a Mosswart male who is one of the refugee recruits. He was given Manager position because someone amongst his family (who all signed up with the Exchange) had to take it, and has an obvious personal interest in the matter.
  • I want a report on the progress of the different projects I have set up: the Shadow Depository, the Headhunting Task Force, and the Black Butterfly. Percentages are enough.
    Shadow Depository is going to take another month to be FULLY completed, though construction on the physical side of things will be done inside of a day. The rest is all Weaving.
    The Headhunter Task Force is done and ready to go.
    The Black Butterfly is going to take absolutely forever to finish at this rate because all the supplies, materials, and goods necessary to outfit it don't come from Holtburg and trade is broken right now because of the War, the Hub, and reasons you don't even know about yet.

  • I want the General and my Superintendents to advise me. Let's keep this between ourselves. What if the Exchange made a deal with the military faction of Aluvia with these terms: Aluvia stops the war with Naverre, they accept to back the Exchange's attempt to take over the remnants of the Undermarket, and in return we agree to fund their arm races once we're in power. How likely would it be for them to accept? Is it viable financially? What do we gain, and most importantly, would we lose anything else except a share of the profits? If it's just to become Aluvia's pawns, I wouldn't do it. It is likely the other nations would see it as an invasion, and just go to war.
    The General doesn't know much about the infrastructure side of this, but he does know that convincing the Lords to cease the war on Naverre would probably require some sort of economic take-over of Naverre to be viable. The Superintendents back this up; right now Aluvia simply cannot sustain itself. However, if they were somehow able to take out the Tumerok, it is within the realm of possibility that those vast reaches of land would be the breadbasket Aluvia desperately needs right now. The General adds, after saying this, that right now taking out the Tumerok is as likely to succeed as defeating the moon, and one of the Superintendents present pipes up ignorantly, asking if diplomacy is an option, though he gets glared down for the suggestion.
  • Zeiss will go to the Royal District to meet this "Golem". If it's a member of the Eleven, I just want to confirm it and move on. If it's not the Eleven, and it refuses to answer me, I'll just leave. I won't even try to speak to the Queen, unless she initiates a conversation. If she can tell us who that Golem represents, great, but I'm not holding my breath. Kolson will come with me, and assist with diplomacy.
    So to be clear, the 'golem' is with the Queen at all times. Doing this will flat require getting an audience with her. Under what statements are you trying to get an audience with the Queen?

Actions (delegated by Zeiss)

  • We sold the magicite core for 9000 gold pieces to the Osteth. Writing this down to confirm decision.
    Confirmed. I'm going to go ahead and say that this deal has already been completed, with the Core Hub'd down to Linvak Tukal already. Also, muwa ha ha.
  • With Tollar's help, I want to ambush the Separatists forces that joined me and force them to surrender (if possible). Kolson will help with the tactics. We hand-wave the planning part, but here's what we want: to give the Separatists' forces a chance to surrender; if they refuse, our own forces will still have an advantage over theirs so we can swiftly take them out. If they do surrender, we'll act under the Dericost Accords and turn them over to the Aluvian military. Of course, we'll take all of their equipment for ourselves before doing so.
    General of Anvilmar, as it turns out, is actually a pretty good tactician. He engineers a near inescapable killbox situation. The forces, to your lack of surprise, are honestly loyal to their cause and refuse to be turned over to what they perceive as a corrupt government. They are slaughtered to the last.
  • The Central Office: I want to upgrade Zeiss' office. If necessary, I will change it to another place within the Veil. Here's what it looks like and what equipment I want to add to it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4pdKgiss7uFaEQwbDJvN2RaMzA/view?usp=sharing
  • The Central Office, more details: the guest area is luxurious, without being decadent. The war table has different functions; indicates borders for nations, spheres of influence for organizations, resources emplacement (material or sentient), positions of armies (the Exchange's forces will be represented by woven statues of Eevees who are happily running), along a fog of war feature that can be turned on and off. Kitchen offers everything we can think of, without going overboard. Zeiss' quarters are almost barebone; there's only what he needs to live, no decoration or entertainment, and woven windows that give a view of a region of Glenden Woods he is familiar with. The Safe can store money, along with precious artifacts which are locked away, and it can be upgraded to be more secure; the door is woven for Zeiss', Kolson's, and Sareth's souls, to which we can add other souls. The Central Office: except what I have written in the document, the desks and chairs were made to be practical and exceptionally comfortable, and the decorations are relaxing without being distracting. The traps can only be deactivated by Zeiss, Kolson and Sareth, and some of them cast strong spells.
    This will cost a total of 283 gold and either Kolson or someone else Weaving but is totally doable and also awesome. The map will require manual input of information however, as continent-wide scanning capacity is only feasible with a tremendous power source and significant skill (Even the Scionic Woven scanner only scanned Vesayen Lassel).
  • Sareth: he will gather as much information as he can on the spies that are working for other organizations (appearance, talents, family), and double check to verify whether some of our managers are compromised or not. Priority on the 2 spies who reported on Zeiss' father.
    Near as Sareth can tell, most of these people were already working for multiple people before ever signing up or being folded into the Exchange (Managers included) and just kept doing so with the change in flag. He gets the impression it's just normal for them. He does get a bit of info on the 2, leading to...
  • Sareth: under his command, I want my personal guard to capture, discreetly, the two spies who reported on Zeiss' father. We can trick them into reporting to a specific area, and my guards will take care of the rest. Once they are our prisoners, we will follow the Dericost Accords. They may suddenly die because of a hidden device implanted in them, so be prepared for that.
    The two spies are reporting in, several minutes apart from each other, when to their surprise they are captured and bound by their own leaders. They seem quite confused about the entire affair, and when questioned ONE of them admits that he sold information about Zeiss, personally (including his father's location) to an interested buyer as per normal. The buyer in question didn't specify why (he does give information on the person freely) and he assumes it was just for usual blackmail or keeping tabs on enemies purposes. The other spy persists that he knows nothing when questioned.
  • Write a sealed letter in which I explain what we think happened to Javan (replacing "Scionic" with "Ancient", and avoiding any critical information) and that he is his own person. He even left Holtburg of his own volition (not telling where he went), so leave him the hell alone, because I don't appreciate people trying to capture my friends to experiment on them. Then have my personal guard blindfold the Order member we have as a prisoner, escort him through the Veil and leave him near an Order post. We haven't done any harm to him, and I want to keep it this way. Give him the letter.
    Hm.

Actions (Kolson)

  • How much CXP did he gain for leveling up? We'll see if he weaves the Quiet room once we learn this.
    Shoot, I don't have access to Kolson's char sheet offhand. Will respond once I get it.
  • Kolson is named Superintendent, and he will handle military tactics.
    Kolson's new military uniform.
  • Kolson will use his diplomacy to make the talk of forming a mercenary wing, which would work under the Exchange, a reality. He would be the head of said wing, since he's the one who commanded these soldiers so far, while Zeiss would choose people to handle the paperwork and the distribution of supplies. From Kolson: [The Blades: We'll have one company for now. They'll be divided into squads. Purple, Yellow, Red, and Green. We'll figure out how to specialize them later.] Use the Separatists forces' equipment to give them some starting gear (if we got some), and pay for the rest.
    I'll ballpark costs for 'starter' gear in general, for 4 squads. This is Iron-level quality gear and will set you back roughly 1600g.
  • The Blades: the blacksmiths Rory helped set up could be used to gear up our soldiers. We'll hire some more if necessary.
    Hiring blacksmiths proves difficult but the ones you already have continue their craft, lowering the above cost.
  • The Blades: buy a building in Holtburg that can serve as head office. We can buy a company who can handle the management if it's better. Recruitment will happen there too.
    Feelers are put out for empty buildings or a recruitment company to buy.
  • The Blades: as for the headquarters, they will be based in a section of the Veil where it is tactically sound to have them.
    There's actually no 'central' location to the Veil (by design) but there are long stretches where the nearest entrance isn't for miles, which would probably be most defensible. Otherwise a base right BY an entrance for quick deployment is an option.



_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Archengeia on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:40 pm

The Lady Hammersmith allows Zeiss (and Kolson if he wants) to visit her early in the morning without incident. Upon arrival she bluntly informs him/them that she is exceptionally busy trying to organize relief efforts, coordinate surveyors and scouts, re-establish trade links to the Sho, and manage a war, and that while she's grateful for their help she does not have the most time in the world to speak so she asks that it be made brief.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Kolson on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:18 pm

http://archengeiadnd.forumotion.com/u8rpgsheet

I use the character sheet for this site so you can click on the character sheet beneath my avatar pic whenever you want.

And sure, I'll tag along. I think I should attend any meeting we have with the Lady. Never know when I might be able to help.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Archengeia on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:23 pm

Gotcha. 8 CXP gained the last level up.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Zeiss on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:16 pm

Archengeia wrote:Zeiss' stats

  • Sleeps for 5 hours thanks to his magical ring.
  • Use 1 hour to take care of bodily functions and shower himself.
  • 18 hours remaining.
  • I will use my actions in an order of priority, from top to bottom. If I don't have enough time, I'll just use another day to complete the remaining actions. Needless to say, the actions I delegate don't eat up all my time.

Starting the next day the GM will start requiring Constitution rolls to maintain this level of workload or face literally passing out.
I see.

Actions (Zeiss)


  • I accept Tollar of Anvilmar's condition. Let's fold his organization into mine. This is merely a confirmation of a decision made previously.
    Tollar tells you, frankly and to your face, that he does not trust you.  But he has worked with worse, and believes at the very least that your ambitions and desires can coincide with making a better land for his people, so he accepts and says that, provided you do not give him reason to, he shall stand loyally as part of the new Bloc.
    Zeiss will admit he finds it refreshing to have someone clearly state their intentions.

  • Talk to Lady Hammersmith.
    See next post.
  • I need a manager to become superintendent since Van is most likely not going to take the job. Will supervise my business managers.
    12 candidates apply for the position.  Deliberately not giving names so you can name them... as long as you keep naming conventions for Clans and whatnot.  No weird Mite names!  Also more details exist I just don't feel like typing EVERYTHING right now so if you want to narrow it down or ask questions this is a thing.
    No weird names, got it. I'll also ask a little more information (general facts), about the people on this list, except those I will cross off. Also, tell me if any of these managers are currently working for someone else.
    1: Dwarf male, career manager who used to work as a manager at Rustkhey Industries (a local shipping concern) prior to being hired into the Exchange.  A private interview shows that he is good at long term planning, cunning, and ambitious.
    More information.
    3: Elf Female, was involved in a relationship with one of her Middlers prior to the assassination by the Vyeotians, and has stayed on with the Exchange out of bitterness and a desire for revenge.
    More information, and would her desire for revenge get in the way of her job? I'm all for taking out these assassins, but I don't want a well executed deal to fail because of that.
    6: Half-Elf Half-Banderling Female, a woman who thinks only of the bottom line and that the ends justifies the means.  She is a recent recruit to crime in general, but has risen to Manager in very short time due to her penchant for getting results.
    More information, and is she capable of seeing the advantage of investing into relief efforts and other "non-profitable" endeavours?
    8: Elf Male, a quiet man who doesn't say much but tends to keep to himself, and keeps his people organized through charts and notes.
    More information, and why the charts and notes?
    10: Half-Elf Half-Orc Male, a quiet person who is known to have a very keen mind, who can pick out what needs to be done very quickly and understands what hard choices can be required.
    More information, and examples of hard choices he would be willing to make?
    12: Human Male, a quiet fellow who joined the Exchange and has, by all appearances, been very humble and reserved in his slow climb up the ladder.
    More information, and does his "shyness" gets in the way of his job?

  • I need a manager to become superintendent, and who will supervise the relief efforts.
    Only one person volunteers for this, a Mosswart male who is one of the refugee recruits.  He was given Manager position because someone amongst his family (who all signed up with the Exchange) had to take it, and has an obvious personal interest in the matter.
    You got the job. But Aluvians really are selfish bastards.

  • I want a report on the progress of the different projects I have set up: the Shadow Depository, the Headhunting Task Force, and the Black Butterfly. Percentages are enough.
    Shadow Depository is going to take another month to be FULLY completed, though construction on the physical side of things will be done inside of a day.  The rest is all Weaving.
    The Headhunter Task Force is done and ready to go.
    The Black Butterfly is going to take absolutely forever to finish at this rate because all the supplies, materials, and goods necessary to outfit it don't come from Holtburg and trade is broken right now because of the War, the Hub, and reasons you don't even know about yet.
    The new Superintendent better get on it, once they're chosen.

  • I want the General and my Superintendents to advise me. Let's keep this between ourselves. What if the Exchange made a deal with the military faction of Aluvia with these terms: Aluvia stops the war with Naverre, they accept to back the Exchange's attempt to take over the remnants of the Undermarket, and in return we agree to fund their arm races once we're in power. How likely would it be for them to accept? Is it viable financially? What do we gain, and most importantly, would we lose anything else except a share of the profits? If it's just to become Aluvia's pawns, I wouldn't do it. It is likely the other nations would see it as an invasion, and just go to war.
    The General doesn't know much about the infrastructure side of this, but he does know that convincing the Lords to cease the war on Naverre would probably require some sort of economic take-over of Naverre to be viable.  The Superintendents back this up; right now Aluvia simply cannot sustain itself.  However, if they were somehow able to take out the Tumerok, it is within the realm of possibility that those vast reaches of land would be the breadbasket Aluvia desperately needs right now.  The General adds, after saying this, that right now taking out the Tumerok is as likely to succeed as defeating the moon, and one of the Superintendents present pipes up ignorantly, asking if diplomacy is an option, though he gets glared down for the suggestion.
    Couldn't we use the eventual peace treaties (since it seems advantageous to deal with each state individually, divide and conquer) to negotiate exclusive trade rights for Aluvia? Thus, effectively forcing them to pay up in exchange for peace, and putting some rules in place that would lay the ground work for the Exchange to expand in the region sometime in the future, and allow us to funnel massive amounts of profits back to Aluvia. It is crude, and unfair, but that would stop the war; and these sanctions could be lifted once the Exchange is fully in charge of the Undermarket's remnants and able to fund the military needs. This scenario is actually quite similar as to when the Lords nationalized some resources to let them go later; we're doing the same thing, but on an international level. As to how to justify this to the public; easy, the Aluvian leadership only need to play the "reparations" card and the need for Naverre to redeem themselves for the refugee situation they created by going to war with Stonehold.

    How does that sound?

  • Zeiss will go to the Royal District to meet this "Golem". If it's a member of the Eleven, I just want to confirm it and move on. If it's not the Eleven, and it refuses to answer me, I'll just leave. I won't even try to speak to the Queen, unless she initiates a conversation. If she can tell us who that Golem represents, great, but I'm not holding my breath. Kolson will come with me, and assist with diplomacy.
    So to be clear, the 'golem' is with the Queen at all times.  Doing this will flat require getting an audience with her.  Under what statements are you trying to get an audience with the Queen?
    The Exchange wish to discuss the Queen's alliance with her eleven benefactors. I actually hope she doesn't get the hint.


Actions (delegated by Zeiss)

  • We sold the magicite core for 9000 gold pieces to the Osteth. Writing this down to confirm decision.
    Confirmed.  I'm going to go ahead and say that this deal has already been completed, with the Core Hub'd down to Linvak Tukal already.  Also, muwa ha ha.
    See? SEE? I sold it to the Osteth to avoid problems like that, but villains seem to be everywhere. At least it's not as worse as selling a diamond golem still functioning.

  • With Tollar's help, I want to ambush the Separatists forces that joined me and force them to surrender (if possible). Kolson will help with the tactics. We hand-wave the planning part, but here's what we want: to give the Separatists' forces a chance to surrender; if they refuse, our own forces will still have an advantage over theirs so we can swiftly take them out. If they do surrender, we'll act under the Dericost Accords and turn them over to the Aluvian military. Of course, we'll take all of their equipment for ourselves before doing so.
    General of Anvilmar, as it turns out, is actually a pretty good tactician.  He engineers a near inescapable killbox situation.  The forces, to your lack of surprise, are honestly loyal to their cause and refuse to be turned over to what they perceive as a corrupt government.  They are slaughtered to the last.
    We will dispose of their corpses as respectfully as we can. At least they believed in this cause. Also, Koloson will take notes on the general's talents.

  • The Central Office: I want to upgrade Zeiss' office. If necessary, I will change it to another place within the Veil. Here's what it looks like and what equipment I want to add to it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4pdKgiss7uFaEQwbDJvN2RaMzA/view?usp=sharing
  • The Central Office, more details: the guest area is luxurious, without being decadent. The war table has different functions; indicates borders for nations, spheres of influence for organizations, resources emplacement (material or sentient), positions of armies (the Exchange's forces will be represented by woven statues of Eevees who are happily running), along a fog of war feature that can be turned on and off. Kitchen offers everything we can think of, without going overboard. Zeiss' quarters are almost barebone; there's only what he needs to live, no decoration or entertainment, and woven windows that give a view of a region of Glenden Woods he is familiar with. The Safe can store money, along with precious artifacts which are locked away, and it can be upgraded to be more secure; the door is woven for Zeiss', Kolson's, and Sareth's souls, to which we can add other souls. The Central Office: except what I have written in the document, the desks and chairs were made to be practical and exceptionally comfortable, and the decorations are relaxing without being distracting. The traps can only be deactivated by Zeiss, Kolson and Sareth, and some of them cast strong spells.
    This will cost a total of 283 gold and either Kolson or someone else Weaving but is totally doable and also awesome.  The map will require manual input of information however, as continent-wide scanning capacity is only feasible with a tremendous power source and significant skill (Even the Scionic Woven scanner only scanned Vesayen Lassel).
    Yeah, I knew it couldn't possibly do that. We'll do it old-school.

  • Sareth: he will gather as much information as he can on the spies that are working for other organizations (appearance, talents, family), and double check to verify whether some of our managers are compromised or not. Priority on the 2 spies who reported on Zeiss' father.
    Near as Sareth can tell, most of these people were already working for multiple people before ever signing up or being folded into the Exchange (Managers included) and just kept doing so with the change in flag.  He gets the impression it's just normal for them.  He does get a bit of info on the 2, leading to...
  • Sareth: under his command, I want my personal guard to capture, discreetly, the two spies who reported on Zeiss' father. We can trick them into reporting to a specific area, and my guards will take care of the rest. Once they are our prisoners, we will follow the Dericost Accords. They may suddenly die because of a hidden device implanted in them, so be prepared for that.
    The two spies are reporting in, several minutes apart from each other, when to their surprise they are captured and bound by their own leaders.  They seem quite confused about the entire affair, and when questioned ONE of them admits that he sold information about Zeiss, personally (including his father's location) to an interested buyer as per normal.  The buyer in question didn't specify why (he does give information on the person freely) and he assumes it was just for usual blackmail or keeping tabs on enemies purposes.  The other spy persists that he knows nothing when questioned.
    I want to know everything about this buyer, and where or how we can find them. We'll then imprison these two spies, and treat them according to the Dericost Accords; I don't intend to kill them, just to isolate them from the other spies until I resolve this issue. Nobody else must know.

  • Write a sealed letter in which I explain what we think happened to Javan (replacing "Scionic" with "Ancient", and avoiding any critical information) and that he is his own person. He even left Holtburg of his own volition (not telling where he went), so leave him the hell alone, because I don't appreciate people trying to capture my friends to experiment on them. Then have my personal guard blindfold the Order member we have as a prisoner, escort him through the Veil and leave him near an Order post. We haven't done any harm to him, and I want to keep it this way. Give him the letter.
    Hm.
    Huh-uh.


Actions (Kolson)

  • How much CXP did he gain for leveling up? We'll see if he weaves the Quiet room once we learn this.
    Shoot, I don't have access to Kolson's char sheet offhand.  Will respond once I get it.
  • Kolson is named Superintendent, and he will handle military tactics.
    Kolson's new military uniform.
    Yes Commander!
  • Kolson will use his diplomacy to make the talk of forming a mercenary wing, which would work under the Exchange, a reality. He would be the head of said wing, since he's the one who commanded these soldiers so far, while Zeiss would choose people to handle the paperwork and the distribution of supplies. From Kolson: [The Blades: We'll have one company for now. They'll be divided into squads. Purple, Yellow, Red, and Green. We'll figure out how to specialize them later.] Use the Separatists forces' equipment to give them some starting gear (if we got some), and pay for the rest.
    I'll ballpark costs for 'starter' gear in general, for 4 squads.  This is Iron-level quality gear and will set you back roughly 1600g.
    Noted. How many people per squad?

  • The Blades: the blacksmiths Rory helped set up could be used to gear up our soldiers. We'll hire some more if necessary.
    Hiring blacksmiths proves difficult but the ones you already have continue their craft, lowering the above cost.
  • The Blades: buy a building in Holtburg that can serve as head office. We can buy a company who can handle the management if it's better. Recruitment will happen there too.
    Feelers are put out for empty buildings or a recruitment company to buy.
  • The Blades: as for the headquarters, they will be based in a section of the Veil where it is tactically sound to have them.
    There's actually no 'central' location to the Veil (by design) but there are long stretches where the nearest entrance isn't for miles, which would probably be most defensible.  Otherwise a base right BY an entrance for quick deployment is an option.
    We'll use one of the most defensible positions, near the Lower Veil, where the Exchange does most of its activities.



Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:28 am; edited 4 times in total
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Zeiss on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:43 pm

Archengeia wrote:The Lady Hammersmith allows Zeiss (and Kolson if he wants) to visit her early in the morning without incident.  Upon arrival she bluntly informs him/them that she is exceptionally busy trying to organize relief efforts, coordinate surveyors and scouts, re-establish trade links to the Sho, and manage a war, and that while she's grateful for their help she does not have the most time in the world to speak so she asks that it be made brief.


  • We already discussed the matter of Kolson's medal, and Rory's siblings. I guess we can handwave this part of the conversation.
  • Also, she did ask to meet with us, right? I'll assume so since that other post I read said so, and just roleplay it this way.
  • I will also assume we presented ourselves, and just jump right into the conversation.


"I understand my Lady," says Zeiss with a no-nonsense attitude. "If you do need assistance to handle the day-to-day matters of Holtburg, I'm sure Kolson would be willing to contribute."

Zeiss looks at him.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Kolson on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:26 am

"Yes. Whatever you need, Lady. I'd like to get the city back to normal as quickly as possible."
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Archengeia on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:37 pm

Okay so... the GM has no memory of her calling you guys in, I thought from Zeiss' actions in his post of unmitigated doom that took me over an hour to go through you guys wanted to meet her. So... I have nothing on her plate to talk with you about atm.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Zeiss on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:48 pm

I found your original post, and the sentence where you mention the meeting.

The Lady Hammersmith requests an audience with the leader of the Exchange the very next day, to discuss plans going forward, the future of the Exchange's relationship with the Aluvian government, and proper reward.

She already agreed to give Kolson a medal, and to discharge Rory's siblings from the military if possible; you said it would be difficult to find them on the frontline, but we were still going to try anyway. The only other matter I wanted to discuss is my reward, which I already chose: the political backing necessary to force the different Warlords in the Holtburg province to meet and discuss the unification of the Blocs.

We can always just pick up the conversation where we left if off if she has really nothing to say.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Archengeia on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:17 pm

Re-read your post to remind me why I wanted a separate thing for this. *ahem*

The Lady considers Zeiss' plans for reclaiming the Holtburg Provincial Blocs. She will want to know several things before giving him her political support. First... why he's doing this. The truth, preferably. Second... what he intends to do after he's claimed the Province. Third... why the Exchange is trying so hard to be directly attached to the government rather than invisible to it like their predecessors in the Undermarket did.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Zeiss on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:32 pm


  • The first question: "This first step is necessary to establish a new Undermarket. Once the Exchange is in control of what the Undermarket once held, I will use this newfound power to foil my enemies' plans. As for who my enemies are, I could give you a list of the organizations concerned, but you probably know less than half of them. Suffice to say that Aluvia is not amongst them, but the Tumeroks and the Separatists are. If you are uneasy about my methods, don't be; I am of the opinion that whatever is good for the people of Dereth is also good for me, hence all the resources I have poured into relief efforts." This is the truth.
  • The second question: "To expand the Exchange's influence across the rest of Aluvia, and then the other three nations. I cannot answer in greater details, since the status quo has a tendency to change every week, thus rendering any well-thought strategy obsolete. We may also fight against the Separatists' forces, once we've built up our forces." This is the truth.
  • The third question: "To fix Aluvia, which starts by stopping the war with Naverre. Yes, I know the motivation behind this war, and no, I don't agree with the method the leadership chose to solve this economic problem. What Aluvia really needs is an economic structure that can fund its military build-up, something the Exchange could provide if it was to replace the Undermarket in its entirety. I'm guessing that a "tax" on every illegal transactions made continent-wide, as well as the access to a vast array of resources, would help Aluvia's economy."
  • I'll wait to see if she is going to say that Aluvia would still need to economically take over Naverre for this to be viable, which I will take as my cue to propose a solution to this very problem. In case she does, here it is:
  • "The peace treaties made with the states of Naverre could be used for this purpose. Aluvia would only need to ask for "reparations" for the refugees crisis Naverre has caused, thus enabling Aluvia to sustain itself until the Exchange is ready to fund its military needs. These reparations would be only temporary, of course."
  • In other words, what Zeiss is proposing is similar to how the Lords of Aluvia initially nationalized some resources for a certain amount of time to allow their military reorganization, then released those same resources later. Except that now it is done on an international level, in exchange for peace. It would probably be better to negotiate the treaty with each state individually. Divide and conquer and all that.
  • Use Persuasion and non-combat action point? I just hope this whole thing makes sense.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Archengeia on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:47 pm

Zeiss of Dreamkeeper wrote:

  • The first question: "This first step is necessary to establish a new Undermarket. Once the Exchange is in control of what the Undermarket once held, I will use this newfound power to foil my enemies' plans. As for who my enemies are, I could give you a list of the organizations concerned, but you probably know less than half of them. Suffice to say that Aluvia is not amongst them, but the Tumeroks and the Separatists are. If you are uneasy about my methods, don't be; I am of the opinion that whatever is good for the people of Dereth is also good for me, hence all the resources I have poured into relief efforts." This is the truth.

  • The second question: "To expand the Exchange's influence across the rest of Aluvia, and then the other three nations. I cannot answer in greater details, since the status quo has a tendency to change every week, thus rendering any well-thought strategy obsolete. We may also fight against the Separatists' forces, once we've built up our forces." This is the truth.
  • The third question: "To fix Aluvia, which starts by stopping the war with Naverre. Yes, I know the motivation behind this war, and no, I don't agree with the method the leadership chose to solve this economic problem. What Aluvia really needs is an economic structure that can fund its military build-up, something the Exchange could provide if it was to replace the Undermarket in its entirety. I'm guessing that a "tax" on every illegal transactions made continent-wide, as well as the access to a vast array of resources, would help Aluvia's economy."
    She considers Zeiss in silence as he answers her questions until this point, at which she stirs. "So you would propose a financial conquest of the former Confederacy? Take of their resources from within through the network of cracks the Undermarket used to fill, rather than walking in with an army?" She pauses. "That's quite a feat you believe you're capable of."
  • I'll wait to see if she is going to say that Aluvia would still need to economically take over Naverre for this to be viable, which I will take as my cue to propose a solution to this very problem. In case she does, here it is:
  • "The peace treaties made with the states of Naverre could be used for this purpose. Aluvia would only need to ask for "reparations" for the refugees crisis Naverre has caused, thus enabling Aluvia to sustain itself until the Exchange is ready to fund its military needs. These reparations would be only temporary, of course."
  • In other words, what Zeiss is proposing is similar to how the Lords of Aluvia initially nationalized some resources for a certain amount of time to allow their military reorganization, then released those same resources later. Except that now it is done on an international level, in exchange for peace. It would probably be better to negotiate the treaty with each state individually. Divide and conquer and all that.
  • Use Persuasion and non-combat action point? I just hope this whole thing makes sense.

Continuing, after Zeiss' proposed plan; "We would have to make resolve of the Sho Empire situation if we were to make such a diplomatic attack on the States. It would also be extortion on a national level, and everyone would be aware of it. I'm not entirely certain such burning of bridges is beneficial when it involves leaving intact enemies to rejoinder in the future. It seems to me to make more sense to ensure there are no enemies left, let a generation of peace pass by under a unified flag, and cut off the hassles of tomorrow instead." She leans back a bit. "The simple reality is that Aluvia needs resources, not more worthless gold or paper but concrete goods to support her. And there are precious few places left on the map these can be drawn from. Dryreach? Suicide. Crater? Impossible. The Dires? Worse. So that leaves us with our fellow nations, or the Olthoi." For the first time since you've known her she cracks a small, empty smile. "I find it doubtful the Olthoi would be receptive to this."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Zeiss on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:58 am

Lady Hammersmith wrote:She considers Zeiss in silence as he answers her questions until this point, at which she stirs. "So you would propose a financial conquest of the former Confederacy? Take of their resources from within through the network of cracks the Undermarket used to fill, rather than walking in with an army?" She pauses. "That's quite a feat you believe you're capable of."

  • Zeiss will shrug at this, and reply, "It isn't an impossible task."


Lady Hammersmith wrote:Continuing, after Zeiss' proposed plan; "We would have to make resolve of the Sho Empire situation if we were to make such a diplomatic attack on the States. It would also be extortion on a national level, and everyone would be aware of it. I'm not entirely certain such burning of bridges is beneficial when it involves leaving intact enemies to rejoinder in the future. It seems to me to make more sense to ensure there are no enemies left, let a generation of peace pass by under a unified flag, and cut off the hassles of tomorrow instead." She leans back a bit. "The simple reality is that Aluvia needs resources, not more worthless gold or paper but concrete goods to support her. And there are precious few places left on the map these can be drawn from. Dryreach? Suicide. Crater? Impossible. The Dires? Worse. So that leaves us with our fellow nations, or the Olthoi." For the first time since you've known her she cracks a small, empty smile. "I find it doubtful the Olthoi would be receptive to this."


  • Zeiss will now roll Deception to hide his annoyance of having to listen to what he perceives as narrow thinking. However, he will remain diplomatic.
  • "I see many problems with this way of thinking. Aluvia's current enemies are also the Tumeroks' enemies. And whenever they decide to resume their conquest of the continent, I would find it deplorable if we suddenly realized that we were missing a few key allies. However, a generation of peace would indeed solve this problem, since Aluvia would use that time to establish itself in the regions it conquered. But that would work only if the Tumeroks remain behind their side of the Line, which is a risky bet." He pauses for a second. "Considering how this world is on the brink of self-destruction, I very much doubt your plans will be successful."
  • He will then sigh. "Our current map is incomplete. There are four islands which you haven't mentioned; Aerlinth Lassel, Aphus Lassel, Marae Lassel, and Vesayen Lassel. Three of those islands are accessible, the fourth one being Aerlinth Lassel. Vesayen Lassel is, as you should know, where the human refugees come from. The most recent news about it is that the Tumeroks have conquered it, after which they left to take over Aphus Lassel. The remaining island, Marae Lassel, houses farming technology advanced enough to feed the whole continent, along with a cache of Ancient knowledge." He looks up at Lady Hammersmith. "An unknown organization was occupying the island to study it. They seem a better target than Naverre."
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Archengeia on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:53 am

The Lady folds her fingers in front of her carefully and considers. "If what you say is true, claiming this Island would be a considerable boon, but if the Tumerok have already laid hold to two of these four islands, we might be in a race we didn't know we were in." She looks at Zeiss, then Kolson. "As a gesture, why doesn't the Exchange ensure the availability of this third Ancient island while the military prepares a proper force... to verify."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Zeiss on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:23 am


  • "As a gesture, huh?" Zeiss chooses his words carefully. "Such an expedition would require at the very least an airship to hold the Exchange forces. Setting this up would usually require a lot of time, but I am sure that your influence could speed up the process. There's also the matter of the supplies and wages. The Blades are a mercenary company after all, and some sort of reward must be promised."
  • I am implying that she can help in two ways: let us borrow an Aluvian airship, or help us find the right one to rent. I doubt 10k of gold is enough to buy one. Me and Kolson also don't know how many people the Blades have, and what kind of airship we would need, so we can't be more precise than that. And on a side note, if we get to keep the airship because of our success, that would be cool. Just saying.
  • Seems fair that they take care of the supplies and wages for our mercenaries. And if we fail, it's not like they're gonna have to pay us anyway. I am also implying that I can take care of the cost, as long as we get something else in return, like stopping the war, the military support in retaking the Undermarket, or a Favor. As for what kind of Favor, I'm thinking a Solid. But I guess that my previous two suggestions were Favors in themselves.
  • Kolson helped me come up with these ideas.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Archengeia on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:31 am

The Lady seemed prepared for you to respond, and without hesitation replies, "I'm certain the Kingdom would be quite inclined towards rewarding allies of value. And I've no doubt the Exchange will have no problem mounting an expedition, given their reach and influence. I look forward to reading your report on the matter."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Zeiss on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:01 pm

Well, f*ck.

Tollar! TOLLAR! Get back here! We need to talk.

In all seriousness, looks like we're done. There's only the day's current actions to finish. My responses to these actions are back on page one.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Archengeia on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:06 pm

Zeiss of Dreamkeeper wrote:
Archengeia wrote:Zeiss' stats
1: Dwarf male, career manager who used to work as a manager at Rustkhey Industries (a local shipping concern) prior to being hired into the Exchange.  A private interview shows that he is good at long term planning, cunning, and ambitious.
More information.
Mr Insertnamehere of Insertclanhere was a career manager who by happenstance came across an Undermarket dealing at his local job, which at the time was a simple warehouse gig. The man was sufficiently driven and ambitious to immediately blackmail his boss, who was taking the deal, into giving him a promotion and raise on the spot. He also made it a point to get to know about this Undermarket (it was the first he'd heard of it, as the Undermarket wasn't actually that well known even at its height) and get in contact with them. Soon he found himself in charge of the shift rosters for the warehouse, and ensured that people loyal to him would be working specific times so that Undermarket personnel could use the area for their own smuggling operations, earning him kickbacks as well as a reputation. A couple of years later he had sufficient finances to buy the company out from under his employer, and promptly folded it into the Undermarket's formal banner in exchange for a Favor; a job at a larger company doing the same basic role but for far more money. This was accomplished with little effort, and he found himself an executive at Rustkhey in short order. That was about a year ago. About a month ago Rustkhey was temporarily seized by the Aluvian military to utilize their resources to traffic supplies for the war effort. The Dwarven gentleman's plans were wrecked by this, though ironically he survived the purge of the Undermarket by virtue of not actually working in it as a Middler. With the number of job openings available, he decided to shift into the local Undermarket replacement, and stayed on board when it switched flags to the Exchange.
3: Elf Female, was involved in a relationship with one of her Middlers prior to the assassination by the Vyeotians, and has stayed on with the Exchange out of bitterness and a desire for revenge.
More information, and would her desire for revenge get in the way of her job? I'm all for taking out these assassins, but I don't want a well executed deal to fail because of that.
She had grown quite close to Gerald of Silverseer, a Half-Elf Half-Orc and a competent Middler. She was one of his subordinates, but the two had no particular ambition or desire to move up in the world. He made enough money to be comfortable, and she made enough money to give them some disposable income, and they were thinking about having a child when the Vyeotian attack happened. She wasn't even working the day it happened, nor did she work for several days after that. When Bonebreaker started maneuvering to keep things running, she approached him with a simple deal; she'd agree to work as a replacement Middler (she could have been promoted before, as she had the skills, but did not want to have her career jeopardize their relationship) on the condition that they would work towards finding and killing the bastards who did this. When the flags changed to the Exchange she insisted on the same deal (and was granted it, especially since finding qualified managers was an issue at the time). She might eventually get over what happened, but right now her only motivation is revenge.
6: Half-Elf Half-Banderling Female, a woman who thinks only of the bottom line and that the ends justifies the means.  She is a recent recruit to crime in general, but has risen to Manager in very short time due to her penchant for getting results.
More information, and is she capable of seeing the advantage of investing into relief efforts and other "non-profitable" endeavours?
This woman is something of a cold fish, having been raised in the more cut-throat lifestyle of the aristocrats. Her family was maneuvered into losing their holdings, and her parents foolishly kept spending as if they were still making money, which left her to fend for herself once their possessions and home were seized. The woman herself does not consider things like ethics or morality to belong in business, illegal or otherwise. While she's not interested in murder or other untoward activities, in her opinion working employees as if they were units of currency is how business should be run. She would see the point in non-profitable endeavors if those lead to long-term profit, as she's well aware of the idea that coin is not the only thing that profit is measured in.
8: Elf Male, a quiet man who doesn't say much but tends to keep to himself, and keeps his people organized through charts and notes.
More information, and why the charts and notes?
This gentleman is a very quiet person, who barely speaks even when spoken to. He's very uncomfortable around other people, but his mind is very analytical and he can get lost in spreadsheets, numbers, and ledgers. He also has a great deal of skill with the above.
10: Half-Elf Half-Orc Male, a quiet person who is known to have a very keen mind, who can pick out what needs to be done very quickly and understands what hard choices can be required.
More information, and examples of hard choices he would be willing to make?
This person has no problem ordering someone into a bad situation to benefit more than one person. He's a firm believer of the concept of collectivism, and thinks that the individual ultimately doesn't matter when compared against the community. This has made him quite unpopular, but thanks to his keen mind he tends to accurately predict what is required to accomplish a goal.
12: Human Male, a quiet fellow who joined the Exchange and has, by all appearances, been very humble and reserved in his slow climb up the ladder.
More information, and does his "shyness" gets in the way of his job?[/color]
This gentleman was an ex-Hlaalu Lord, meaning he had purchased his way into the government of Hlaalu per their customs. He has been steady and measured in his promotions, but given how recently he's arrived on these alien shores, his progress is astounding. If Zeiss interviews him personally, Zeiss gets the impression this is the type of person who is always thinking long term, and portrays himself as weaker than he is so his enemies underestimate him.

[*]Zeiss will go to the Royal District to meet this "Golem". If it's a member of the Eleven, I just want to confirm it and move on. If it's not the Eleven, and it refuses to answer me, I'll just leave. I won't even try to speak to the Queen, unless she initiates a conversation. If she can tell us who that Golem represents, great, but I'm not holding my breath. Kolson will come with me, and assist with diplomacy.
So to be clear, the 'golem' is with the Queen at all times.  Doing this will flat require getting an audience with her.  Under what statements are you trying to get an audience with the Queen?
The Exchange wish to discuss the Queen's alliance with her eleven benefactors. I actually hope she doesn't get the hint.

The High Queen will agree to see the Warlord of the local Bloc on May 5th in the morning, as she is quite busy at the moment.
[/list]
Actions (delegated by Zeiss)

    The two spies are reporting in, several minutes apart from each other, when to their surprise they are captured and bound by their own leaders.  They seem quite confused about the entire affair, and when questioned ONE of them admits that he sold information about Zeiss, personally (including his father's location) to an interested buyer as per normal.  The buyer in question didn't specify why (he does give information on the person freely) and he assumes it was just for usual blackmail or keeping tabs on enemies purposes.  The other spy persists that he knows nothing when questioned.
    I want to know everything about this buyer, and where or how we can find them. We'll then imprison these two spies, and treat them according to the Dericost Accords; I don't intend to kill them, just to isolate them from the other spies until I resolve this issue. Nobody else must know.

    The buyer is a standard information handler, no one of any particular significance. He might be convinced or coerced into looking into his records of whom he's bought and sold to... assuming he keeps such records.

Actions (Kolson)

  • Kolson will use his diplomacy to make the talk of forming a mercenary wing, which would work under the Exchange, a reality. He would be the head of said wing, since he's the one who commanded these soldiers so far, while Zeiss would choose people to handle the paperwork and the distribution of supplies. From Kolson: [The Blades: We'll have one company for now. They'll be divided into squads. Purple, Yellow, Red, and Green. We'll figure out how to specialize them later.] Use the Separatists forces' equipment to give them some starting gear (if we got some), and pay for the rest.
    I'll ballpark costs for 'starter' gear in general, for 4 squads.  This is Iron-level quality gear and will set you back roughly 1600g.
    Noted. How many people per squad?

    I was estimating 8 people per squad as per standard. I'm willing to be flexible.


_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Zeiss on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:45 pm


  • Oh yeah, forgot to write this in my other post, but what's Lady Hammersmith's response to my request for political backing? We kind of changed subject for a moment, and I would like my involvement with the battle to bring some kind of reward.
  • I choose the elf female as my Superintendent for the Middle-Managers. Her name will be Visas of Wolfrunner (named after the Kotor 2 companion). Why choose her? Because of her desire for revenge, which assures her loyalty to the Exchange since we do plan to eliminate these assassins. Zeiss can also relate to this kind of motivation, but he will keep the details for himself.
  • I tell her all we know about these assassins; their name, their methods, and their technology (the rings their minions were forced to wear, the way they died, etc.). I also tell her about the recent death of the spy we tried to interrogate, and the strange device installed in his body. It may not be related to the Vyeotians, but it sure looks like their M.O.
  • I warn her not to be too paranoid. I fear some of our managers are compromised, and it'll be her job to make sure they work for me. But I don't want to see her go on a rampage if our suspicions are correct. Always consult with the other Superintendents, and me before making any drastic decisions.
  • I give the name of Bail to the Mosswart manager for the relief efforts, after Bail Organa. I don't have any list of clan names for the Mosswarts, so I can't give him one.
  • Name of the Mite woman?
  • We'll keep the 8 members per squad format.
  • Done with May 3th.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Kolson on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:36 pm

While the lady may have deftly maneuvered you Zeiss this is only the opening sally. She's testing your ability to deflect and counter offer. By folding immediately you endanger our future negotiations and relationship to the General herself. I've got this.

Archengeia wrote:The Lady seemed prepared for you to respond, and without hesitation replies, "I'm certain the Kingdom would be quite inclined towards rewarding allies of value.  And I've no doubt the Exchange will have no problem mounting an expedition, given their reach and influence.  I look forward to reading your report on the matter."

Kolson smiles at the General's deft maneuver. "Oh we are quite capable of doing such things, General, thank you for noticing by the way, but we aren't talking rewards right now. We are talking investments and opportunities. The way I see it a fair division of cost vs. risk is clearly not off the table, yes? Because the way I see it we've brought a much needed alternative to a costly and ultimately self-defeating process and you get to potentially stick it to Aluvia's true enemy the Tumerock. You've acknowledged our strength and ability. Now back up those words with action General. Help defer our costs and show us the caliber of ally you are."

I'm not lying, I'm doing what I do best and negotiating so Diplomacy check please. If I need it spend the action point.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Archengeia on Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Zeiss of Dreamkeeper wrote:

  • Oh yeah, forgot to write this in my other post, but what's Lady Hammersmith's response to my request for political backing? We kind of changed subject for a moment, and I would like my involvement with the battle to bring some kind of reward.
    While she didn't say it outright, the implication was she wants you to prove you're worth being in the Lords' good graces. But if you do, you will absolutely have her support, which might translate to the support of the Lords in general.
  • I choose the elf female as my Superintendent for the Middle-Managers. Her name will be Visas of Wolfrunner (named after the Kotor 2 companion). Why choose her? Because of her desire for revenge, which assures her loyalty to the Exchange since we do plan to eliminate these assassins. Zeiss can also relate to this kind of motivation, but he will keep the details for himself.
  • I tell her all we know about these assassins; their name, their methods, and their technology (the rings their minions were forced to wear, the way they died, etc.). I also tell her about the recent death of the spy we tried to interrogate, and the strange device installed in his body. It may not be related to the Vyeotians, but it sure looks like their M.O.
  • I warn her not to be too paranoid. I fear some of our managers are compromised, and it'll be her job to make sure they work for me. But I don't want to see her go on a rampage if our suspicions are correct. Always consult with the other Superintendents, and me before making any drastic decisions.
    She will take this promotion gladly, affirmed that she made the right choice in supporting the Exchange and will gear all her non-mandatory attention and hours towards defeating those bastards, whomever they are.
  • I give the name of Bail to the Mosswart manager for the relief efforts, after Bail Organa. I don't have any list of clan names for the Mosswarts, so I can't give him one.
    Mosswart Clan options: Feeder, Keeper, Mucker, Trapper, Mudlurk, Mirewitch
  • Name of the Mite woman?
    Dulvi
  • We'll keep the 8 members per squad format.
  • Done with May 3th.


_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Archengeia on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:58 am

Kolson Wezrae wrote:
Kolson smiles at the General's deft maneuver. "Oh we are quite capable of doing such things, General, thank you for noticing by the way, but we aren't talking rewards right now. We are talking investments and opportunities. The way I see it a fair division of cost vs. risk is clearly not off the table, yes? Because the way I see it we've brought a much needed alternative to a costly and ultimately self-defeating process and you get to potentially stick it to Aluvia's true enemy the Tumerock. You've acknowledged our strength and ability. Now back up those words with action General. Help defer our costs and show us the caliber of ally you are."

I'm not lying, I'm doing what I do best and negotiating so Diplomacy check please. If I need it spend the action point.

She seems to be amused at Kolson's speaking up for his Warlord and takes note of it. After a moment's consideration, and a dice roll, she says, "I suppose given the current circumstances I could pull some of the current defense forces' supplies and manpower away to assist you. It's not as though Aluvia is under threat of counter attack right now." She begins signing a few papers hastily on the desk. "Let's say... two of our local Magicite Destroyers, some supplies, and the support of our home General, a Tollar of Anvilmar if memory serves." She looks up. "Do you think this would suffice, or does the Exchange require her home country to carry her further?"

(as an aside, Kolson's aware of the fact that she's referring to a naval vessel, not an airship one)

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 3rd

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum