May 5th

View previous topic View next topic Go down

May 5th

Post by Archengeia on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:14 pm

Nothing exciting happens today... or DOES it? But seriously no major events yet.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Zeiss on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:56 am

Zeiss' stats

  • Sleeps for 5 hours thanks to his magical ring.
  • Use 1 hour to take care of bodily functions and shower himself.
  • Take 6 hours to relax.
  • 10 hours remaining.
  • I will use my actions in an order of priority, from top to bottom. If I don't have enough time, I'll just use another day to complete the remaining actions.

Connor of Whitemoon

  • You can assume that Zeiss is always sneaking out when he changes to Connor.
  • Buy three mana stones with 10 charges each.
  • Go to the tabletop store, and keep learning the rules of Diplomacy and Magic The Gathering. He is going to buy three packs of cards, and hope for a rare one. Maybe even a shiny one! He will also try to socialize with the people there, even though he sucks at it when he's not trying to get anything out of them.

Zeiss (actions)

  • Zeiss and Kolson will go meet the Queen. We're there for two things; to confirm that the "golem" is a representative of the Eleven (or one of the Warden's colleagues), and what's her big plan. We're mostly just curious.
  • Zeiss, followed by his personal guard, will investigate these three people the broker told me about. Going to need more details about them if you want me to be more precise in my approach. But if they're on the same level of importance as the broker, assume that I'm taking the same method to approach them as I did for him. Zeiss is also not telling anyone but Kolson about this.
  • Remember that female elven taxi driver who took us all over Holtburg when the assassins attacked Kolson's and Rory's families? We decided to nickname her Dallas. Well, I want to hire her as my personal chauffeur, with an appropriate discreet and armored vehicle. Maybe hire one or two other chauffeurs she can recommend since I may want to bring my personal guard with me. Same kind of vehicles too.

Zeiss (delegated)

  • I'm going to offer a promotion to the female half-elf half-banderling who applied for the post of Superintendent (the cut-throat one) to manage the Black Butterfly and the Shadow Depository. The inn is a mess right now, and I want someone who can put that into order. Use my agents who have access to the Hub if need be. We obviously need specific goods. I also want her for this job because I assume she understands the need for absolute privacy for both of these wings, and I think she could guarantee that. The job comes with a hefty bonus, of course, and she would report only to me.
  • Superintendent Visas of Wolfrunner (managers): have some of your people find discreet construction workers who can build us a front office for the Blades and expand the Veil.

Kolson (actions)

  • He continues to prepare for our expedition.
  • He organizes a training regiment for the four squads.
  • He finds out what they can do, which people can lead each squad, and what their natural specialties are.
  • Kolson and me need better equipment. We'll use all our contacts, the Exchange inventory, and our Hub agents to buy something better than our level 3 gear.
  • Kolson wants better than this: Longsword +1; Steel Chain Shirt: AC +7, Max Dex +4. Maybe a Living Weapon too?
  • Zeiss wants better than this:  Chittick-Hide Studded Leather Armor (Light Armor, Maximum DEX bonus of +5, AC of +3 and +2 Material bonus).
  • We're also on the lookout for materia.

avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Archengeia on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:03 am

Zeiss of Dreamkeeper wrote:
Connor of Whitemoon

  • You can assume that Zeiss is always sneaking out when he changes to Connor.
  • Buy three mana stones with 10 charges each.
    30 gold.
  • Go to the tabletop store, and keep learning the rules of Diplomacy and Magic The Gathering. He is going to buy three packs of cards, and hope for a rare one. Maybe even a shiny one! He will also try to socialize with the people there, even though he sucks at it when he's not trying to get anything out of them.
    The three rares he gets aren't the greatest, though he has some ideas for combining some Blue into his Black deck to add control to the sacrifice setup he has going. Diplomacy is a fairly easy game to understand; it's all about operating under a near total lack of information and still trying to win.

Zeiss (actions)

  • Zeiss and Kolson will go meet the Queen. We're there for two things; to confirm that the "golem" is a representative of the Eleven (or one of the Warden's colleagues), and what's her big plan. We're mostly just curious.
    The High Queen Elysa of Highspring's pale quartz skin reflects her outfit, which is done up in surprisingly elaborate colors of blue and silver (the colors of Aluvia), with the Aluvian Crest dangling from her neck adorned with sapphires, and the Dericost Crest on either shoulder in what appears to be platinum. The creature in question is not present during the meeting. How she reacts to Zeiss and Kolson depends on whom exactly they claim to be during the meeting. As a side note this meeting is happening in the public Royalty Chambers, with the usual assortment of other politicians, news-recorders, corporate heads, and other people of import are present either to witness or because they are also awaiting an audience.
  • Zeiss, followed by his personal guard, will investigate these three people the broker told me about. Going to need more details about them if you want me to be more precise in my approach. But if they're on the same level of importance as the broker, assume that I'm taking the same method to approach them as I did for him. Zeiss is also not telling anyone but Kolson about this.
    After a crucial dice roll, Zeiss determines the other two buyers were nothing more than fronts for the third buyer and, by luck, manages to corner him. It turns out this buyer was specifically directed to find out information about Zeiss' family in general, and since his father was the only lead they had that was the information sold. This included a description of the man, his address, and the like. Zeiss can, if he chooses, lose the rest of his actions this day to continue following the chain now, or risk losing the trail, so to speak.

Kolson (actions)

  • He continues to prepare for our expedition.
    [color=#0033ff]Are you going for the ship or the Airship route? Since the Airship will only have room for about 4 people, this is relevant. Also relevant to costs./color]
  • He organizes a training regiment for the four squads.
    Some of Rory's leftover notes help set this up, as well as Kolson's recent military experience.
  • He finds out what they can do, which people can lead each squad, and what their natural specialties are.
    So far all of them are rookies, XCOM style... but if given a chance to do some missions might develop specialties.
  • Kolson and me need better equipment. We'll use all our contacts, the Exchange inventory, and our Hub agents to buy something better than our level 3 gear.
  • Kolson wants better than this: Longsword +1; Steel Chain Shirt: AC +7, Max Dex +4. Maybe a Living Weapon too?
  • Zeiss wants better than this:  Chittick-Hide Studded Leather Armor (Light Armor, Maximum DEX bonus of +5, AC of +3 and +2 Material bonus).
    So... the gear thing. After the economy reshuffle the ceiling on purchasable gear plummeted drastically to help make the world make more sense. I'm not saying you can't buy better, but it's going to cost an obscene sum of money. Curious if you wish to proceed. The other alternative would be to fling money at adventurers to go find you gear, or to try to get your own Woven.
  • We're also on the lookout for materia.
    No luck on this front.



_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Zeiss on Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:45 pm

Archengeia wrote:
Connor of Whitemoon

  • You can assume that Zeiss is always sneaking out when he changes to Connor.
  • Buy three mana stones with 10 charges each.
    30 gold.
    Subtracted from my personal inventory.
  • Go to the tabletop store, and keep learning the rules of Diplomacy and Magic The Gathering. He is going to buy three packs of cards, and hope for a rare one. Maybe even a shiny one! He will also try to socialize with the people there, even though he sucks at it when he's not trying to get anything out of them.
    The three rares he gets aren't the greatest, though he has some ideas for combining some Blue into his Black deck to add control to the sacrifice setup he has going.  Diplomacy is a fairly easy game to understand; it's all about operating under a near total lack of information and still trying to win.
    The sacrifice setup. But of course. Let's send all my cards into my opponent's deck. Cool


Zeiss (actions)

  • Zeiss and Kolson will go meet the Queen. We're there for two things; to confirm that the "golem" is a representative of the Eleven (or one of the Warden's colleagues), and what's her big plan. We're mostly just curious.
    The High Queen Elysa of Highspring's pale quartz skin reflects her outfit, which is done up in surprisingly elaborate colors of blue and silver (the colors of Aluvia), with the Aluvian Crest dangling from her neck adorned with sapphires, and the Dericost Crest on either shoulder in what appears to be platinum.  The creature in question is not present during the meeting.  How she reacts to Zeiss and Kolson depends on whom exactly they claim to be during the meeting.  As a side note this meeting is happening in the public Royalty Chambers, with the usual assortment of other politicians, news-recorders, corporate heads, and other people of import are present either to witness or because they are also awaiting an audience.
    No reason to pretend to be anyone else than who we are; Zeiss of Dreamkeeper, Overseer of the Exchange, and Kolson Wezrae, Commander of the Blades. I assume she already caught our previous hint, so we'll follow the proper etiquette and politely ask her what she plans for Aluvia (I completely expect a bullshit answer since there are a lot of people listening to us), why she wears a Dericost crest (unless our knowledge politics tell us the answer, and it's somehow related to the Dericost Accords), and how we could acquire the kind of golem her Highness has following her. If nothing else, we would be honored if we were given the opportunity to examine the strange creature.

  • Zeiss, followed by his personal guard, will investigate these three people the broker told me about. Going to need more details about them if you want me to be more precise in my approach. But if they're on the same level of importance as the broker, assume that I'm taking the same method to approach them as I did for him. Zeiss is also not telling anyone but Kolson about this.
    After a crucial dice roll, Zeiss determines the other two buyers were nothing more than fronts for the third buyer and, by luck, manages to corner him.  It turns out this buyer was specifically directed to find out information about Zeiss' family in general, and since his father was the only lead they had that was the information sold.  This included a description of the man, his address, and the like.  Zeiss can, if he chooses, lose the rest of his actions this day to continue following the chain now, or risk losing the trail, so to speak.
    I follow the chain, and renounce to my other actions for the day. I have to see this through. I'll try to use the carrot before the stick when appropriate, and make sure whoever I find does not report to their boss. Let's avoid killing. Gag, ropes and a closet will do. Unless they're trying to kill me, of course.


Kolson (actions)

  • He continues to prepare for our expedition.
    Are you going for the ship or the Airship route?  Since the Airship will only have room for about 4 people, this is relevant. Also relevant to costs.
    Can't we do both? It would help if we had an estimate of how much it would cost. Doing both would expend our possibilities, such as sending our people ahead and use the airship to join them later. We could also land on the island at two different places, which is tactically sound, depending on the current forces of Gavis of Deathtouch's organization. Yeah, we think that's his people that are stationed over there. We'll also need a pilot.
  • He organizes a training regiment for the four squads.
    Some of Rory's leftover notes help set this up, as well as Kolson's recent military experience.
    Yipikaye!

  • He finds out what they can do, which people can lead each squad, and what their natural specialties are.
    So far all of them are rookies, XCOM style... but if given a chance to do some missions might develop specialties.
    The XCOM analogy helps. Thanks.

  • Kolson and me need better equipment. We'll use all our contacts, the Exchange inventory, and our Hub agents to buy something better than our level 3 gear.
  • Kolson wants better than this: Longsword +1; Steel Chain Shirt: AC +7, Max Dex +4. Maybe a Living Weapon too?
  • Zeiss wants better than this:  Chittick-Hide Studded Leather Armor (Light Armor, Maximum DEX bonus of +5, AC of +3 and +2 Material bonus).
    So... the gear thing.  After the economy reshuffle the ceiling on purchasable gear plummeted drastically to help make the world make more sense.  I'm not saying you can't buy better, but it's going to cost an obscene sum of money.  Curious if you wish to proceed.  The other alternative would be to fling money at adventurers to go find you gear, or to try to get your own Woven.
    Heh, we're going to use the money for something else then. Kolson will hire some adventurers, and do some Neverwinter Nights 2 quest giving. We can also weave items on our way to Marae Lassel.
  • We're also on the lookout for materia.
    No luck on this front.
    Not surprised.



avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Archengeia on Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:03 pm

No reason to pretend to be anyone else than who we are; Zeiss of Dreamkeeper, Overseer of the Exchange, and Kolson Wezrae, Commander of the Blades. I assume she already caught our previous hint, so we'll follow the proper etiquette and politely ask her what she plans for Aluvia (I completely expect a bullshit answer since there are a lot of people listening to us), why she wears a Dericost crest (unless our knowledge politics tell us the answer, and it's somehow related to the Dericost Accords), and how we could acquire the kind of golem her Highness has following her. If nothing else, we would be honored if we were given the opportunity to examine the strange creature.
The Dericost emblems are not new, have been a part of her royal attire for the last century, since the Dericost set up the entire Aluvian Kingdom and appointed her High Queen.
Her 'plans' for Aluvia involve a flowery speech which I won't even bother to write, though both Zeiss and Kolson fail the Deception roll to determine if it's genuine or not. The net result, in character, is that you can't get a good reading on her. There is some light, polite applause in reaction to the speech.
When asked about the 'golem creature' she claims she has recently come into the protection of a golem, due to the turbulent times they are faced with and the ever-present danger from rogue, criminal elements as well as dangerous groups abroad. She confesses it is a brand new model of golem, a type never-before seen or designed, but she is quite certain of its combat capacity. Kolson rolls Awareness sufficiently to note she deliberately locks eyes with the pair when stating that. Pausing here to allow more interaction if desired.


I follow the chain, and renounce to my other actions for the day. I have to see this through. I'll try to use the carrot before the stick when appropriate, and make sure whoever I find does not report to their boss. Let's avoid killing. Gag, ropes and a closet will do. Unless they're trying to kill me, of course.
Zeiss rolls exceptionally well and follows the chain for most of the rest of the day, a full 7 hops back across most of the city. He gets lucky with the last one, as the individual was actually on a ship leaving the harbor when Zeiss caught him. The person in question shows zero fear towards Zeiss, stating plainly that the two are in a bit of a stalemate; if Zeiss kills him he will incur the wrath of far worse people, but if he tells Zeiss the info he would be betraying said people. Pausing to allow Zeiss to think about how he wishes to proceed.

Can't we do both? It would help if we had an estimate of how much it would cost. Doing both would expend our possibilities, such as sending our people ahead and use the airship to join them later. We could also land on the island at two different places, which is tactically sound, depending on the current forces of Gavis of Deathtouch's organization. Yeah, we think that's his people that are stationed over there. We'll also need a pilot.
Both is feasible. More expensive, of course. It's also likely any Airship 'rental' will come with a pilot, unless you prefer your own, which will be more costly given how rare and valuable they are. The magicite ships, if you choose to get them going, will cost a total of 640g for supplies, man hours getting the ship set up, fees, and other expenses, and the magicite ships will be ready to go by tomorrow. Tollar, if asked, believes he has a line on someone who is willing to exchange a Favor for usage of his Airship but needs more time to look into it, and you believe he is telling the truth.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Zeiss on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:41 pm

The Dericost emblems are not new, have been a part of her royal attire for the last century, since the Dericost set up the entire Aluvian Kingdom and appointed her High Queen.
Her 'plans' for Aluvia involve a flowery speech which I won't even bother to write, though both Zeiss and Kolson fail the Deception roll to determine if it's genuine or not.  The net result, in character, is that you can't get a good reading on her. There is some light, polite applause in reaction to the speech.  
When asked about the 'golem creature' she claims she has recently come into the protection of a golem, due to the turbulent times they are faced with and the ever-present danger from rogue, criminal elements as well as dangerous groups abroad. She confesses it is a brand new model of golem, a type never-before seen or designed, but she is quite certain of its combat capacity. Kolson rolls Awareness sufficiently to note she deliberately locks eyes with the pair when stating that.  Pausing here to allow more interaction if desired.

We have no doubt about her Highness' claims, and certainly no desire to test the capabilities of this golem. We barely survived a fight with a water golem, and we would rather not attempt the experience again with a far more advanced one. We're simply curious as to why the "makers" of this advanced contraption have entrusted it to her Highness, and not someone else. A discussion with them would have been most enlightening, just like the last one we had, but we understand if they do not wish to reveal themselves.
Unless she has something else to add, we'll take our leave. And yes, we just made a reference to our last meeting with the Eleven.


Zeiss rolls exceptionally well and follows the chain for most of the rest of the day, a full 7 hops back across most of the city.  He gets lucky with the last one, as the individual was actually on a ship leaving the harbor when Zeiss caught him.  The person in question shows zero fear towards Zeiss, stating plainly that the two are in a bit of a stalemate; if Zeiss kills him he will incur the wrath of far worse people, but if he tells Zeiss the info he would be betraying said people. Pausing to allow Zeiss to think about how he wishes to proceed.
"I don't care about incurring the wrath of those people, as they've already incurred mine," says Zeiss with an aloof attitude. "But I have no intention of killing you. The subject at hand is your freedom, and nothing else. You tell me what I want to know, and you go free, no strings attached. You don't tell me anything, and I bring you back by force. Considering the attitude of your employer, I think it's safe to say that they will consider you compromised no matter what happens next. So really, your best bet is to tell me everything, and let me wipe them out of existence for you. And don't you say it's impossible to do; they could be the Ancients themselves and it wouldn't stop me from accomplishing my goals." -Use Persuasion, and my non-combat action point. That was the truth by the way.

Both is feasible.  More expensive, of course.  It's also likely any Airship 'rental' will come with a pilot, unless you prefer your own, which will be  more costly given how rare and valuable they are.  The magicite ships, if you choose to get them going, will cost a total of 640g for supplies, man hours getting the ship set up, fees, and other expenses, and the magicite ships will be ready to go by tomorrow.  Tollar, if asked, believes he has a line on someone who is willing to exchange a Favor for usage of his Airship but needs more time to look into it, and you believe he is telling the truth.
640gp, noted. We'll take the pilot that comes with the airship, and not tell him or her anything other than in which direction to go when it's time to leave. We'll also wait for the Airship.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:53 am

[quote="Zeiss of Dreamkeeper"]
We have no doubt about her Highness' claims, and certainly no desire to test the capabilities of this golem. We barely survived a fight with a water golem, and we would rather not attempt the experience again with a far more advanced one. We're simply curious as to why the "makers" of this advanced contraption have entrusted it to her Highness, and not someone else. A discussion with them would have been most enlightening, just like the last one we had, but we understand if they do not wish to reveal themselves.
Unless she has something else to add, we'll take our leave. And yes, we just made a reference to our last meeting with the Eleven.

The High Queen, to your lack of surprise, makes no notice or even reaction to the mention of the Eleven or the true nature of the 'golem', as befitting someone of her stature. The odds of her missing the significance are low. The High Queen comments that arranging a meeting with the Order does not require her intervention, and otherwise is ready to dismiss the two.

Assuming no further interactions with the High Queen...

As the two leave, they are stopped by a wealthy-looking Dwarf who introduces himself as Yarr of Firebeard. He welcomes the two as if they were old friends, asks how their trip was, and wonders if he can't buy them a drink while they catch up on all they've missed. Neither Kolson nor Zeiss recognize him, of course.


"I don't care about incurring the wrath of those people, as they've already incurred mine," says Zeiss with an aloof attitude. "But I have no intention of killing you. The subject at hand is your freedom, and nothing else. You tell me what I want to know, and you go free, no strings attached. You don't tell me anything, and I bring you back by force. Considering the attitude of your employer, I think it's safe to say that they will consider you compromised no matter what happens next. So really, your best bet is to tell me everything, and let me wipe them out of existence for you. And don't you say it's impossible to do; they could be the Ancients themselves and it wouldn't stop me from accomplishing my goals." -Use Persuasion, and my non-combat action point. That was the truth by the way.
The man smiles faintly and offers a compromise; the name of the individual seeking after personal revenge against Zeiss in exchange for his freedom.

640gp, noted. We'll take the pilot that comes with the airship, and not tell him or her anything other than in which direction to go when it's time to leave. We'll also wait for the Airship.
More to come... dun dun dun.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:11 am

The High Queen, to your lack of surprise, makes no notice or even reaction to the mention of the Eleven or the true nature of the 'golem', as befitting someone of her stature. The odds of her missing the significance are low. The High Queen comments that arranging a meeting with the Order does not require her intervention, and otherwise is ready to dismiss the two.

Assuming no further interactions with the High Queen...

As the two leave, they are stopped by a wealthy-looking Dwarf who introduces himself as Yarr of Firebeard. He welcomes the two as if they were old friends, asks how their trip was, and wonders if he can't buy them a drink while they catch up on all they've missed. Neither Kolson nor Zeiss recognize him, of course.


Yarr of Firebeard! Of course! It's been too long! Let's not try the Lugian Golden Rum again though; it ended badly last time, for all of us.

The man smiles faintly and offers a compromise; the name of the individual seeking after personal revenge against Zeiss in exchange for his freedom.

There better be a description that comes with that name if I don't know this person. But sure, it's a deal.

More to come... dun dun dun.

Frell.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:02 am

Yarr of Firebeard! Of course! It's been too long! Let's not try the Lugian Golden Rum again though; it ended badly last time, for all of us.
He, quite jovially, escorts the two off towards a rather well known and expensive tapcafe a few blocks away from the Royal Ministry Centre; the Tovkono. He orders three fairly expensive drinks (including something called the Saber Cat-sip) and, after a bit more mindless chit chat, asks the two how things have been with the family, since he knows they haven't seen them in some time.

There better be a description that comes with that name if I don't know this person. But sure, it's a deal.
The description is unnecessary as Zeiss remembers the name; Zigund of Seeker.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:53 am

He, quite jovially, escorts the two off towards a rather well known and expensive tapcafe a few blocks away from the Royal Ministry Centre; the Tovkono. He orders three fairly expensive drinks (including something called the Saber Cat-sip) and, after a bit more mindless chit chat, asks the two how things have been with the family, since he knows they haven't seen them in some time
Oh you know; salespeople always bothering them when they want to be left alone.

The description is unnecessary as Zeiss remembers the name; Zigund of Seeker.
Wait, wasn't he the mayor of that town in Naverre? But I haven't done anything to the guy. Doesn't make sense that he would go specifically after me. It was his own fault that he lost the mayorship, or whoever forced him to lose it. This man seems to be lying. Deception roll?
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:14 pm

Oh you know; salespeople always bothering them when they want to be left alone.
Such a pity, one would hope that they'd have learned by now to take visitors. Maybe one just needs to ask in the right way?

Wait, wasn't he the mayor of that town in Naverre? But I haven't done anything to the guy. Doesn't make sense that he would go specifically after me. It was his own fault that he lost the mayorship, or whoever forced him to lose it. This man seems to be lying. Deception roll?

As far as Zeiss' roll can tell, the man is telling the truth.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:18 pm

Such a pity, one would hope that they'd have learned by now to take visitors. Maybe one just needs to ask in the right way?
Oh? And what way is that? Maybe I could use this method myself.

As far as Zeiss' roll can tell, the man is telling the truth.
Let's try this; I'll say this is impossible because I already killed him and disposed of his body, which makes him a liar. Roll deception.Then roll deception again on his reaction, to see if he's in any way surprised by what I said, which means he has given me a false name just to get away.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:25 pm

Oh? And what way is that? Maybe I could use this method myself.

Oh, well I imagine if one were to just bring them a proper gift it'd be smoothed over. Verlician flowers maybe, from the shop on 1,832th and Wornell? You know the place, right? Nice patio out back too.

Let's try this; I'll say this is impossible because I already killed him and disposed of his body, which makes him a liar. Roll deception.Then roll deception again on his reaction, to see if he's in any way surprised by what I said, which means he has given me a false name just to get away.

The man laughs and pats Zeiss on the back. "You're good, kid. Maybe you should consider latching onto one of the bigger sharks in the pool. Trust me, from experience, you'll make it farther."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:32 pm

Oh, well I imagine if one were to just bring them a proper gift it'd be smoothed over. Verlician flowers maybe, from the shop on 1,832th and Wornell? You know the place, right? Nice patio out back too.
I'll make sure to check it out. Do they have any sale? Such flowers can't be cheap, and I would prefer to go there on good day.
[The 1,832th street? Damn this city is big.]


The man laughs and pats Zeiss on the back. "You're good, kid. Maybe you should consider latching onto one of the bigger sharks in the pool. Trust me, from experience, you'll make it farther."
"Any shark you could recommend?"
[I don't want to let him go, but I very much doubt he will tell me anything else, even under torture. If nothing else, he just gave me a hint I must investigate.]
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:45 pm

I'll make sure to check it out. Do they have any sale? Such flowers can't be cheap, and I would prefer to go there on good day.
[The 1,832th street? Damn this city is big.]

Hm, I do believe there's a sale this Thursday, the 7th. Half off if you bring a friend!

"Any shark you could recommend?"
[I don't want to let him go, but I very much doubt he will tell me anything else, even under torture. If nothing else, he just gave me a hint I must investigate.]

"Yeah, the bigger the better." The man is clearly amused by the situation. "Tell you what, I feel bad for you. I'll give you the guy's address too, just for fun." He tells Zeiss the address, which Zeiss quickly realizes is in the poorer section of the residential districts.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:51 pm

Hm, I do believe there's a sale this Thursday, the 7th. Half off if you bring a friend!
Great! We'll try to check it out, if we have time. We're extremely busy with work after all. Speaking of work, we have to go. Lots of paperwork [and chase sequences across the city] waiting for us, but we should speak again sometimes.

[I guess this is the end of this conversation.]

"Yeah, the bigger the better." The man is clearly amused by the situation. "Tell you what, I feel bad for you. I'll give you the guy's address too, just for fun." He tells Zeiss the address, which Zeiss quickly realizes is in the poorer section of the residential districts.
"Maybe I should bring flowers."

[Zeiss is ready to let him go, assuming my deception roll told me he wasn't lying. And go to this address if I have time left for the day.]
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:04 pm

We'll say no further time left in the day.

Any outstanding actions for Kolson?

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:09 pm

Except preparing for the expedition, and training his men, Kolson told me he didn't have any else planned for today. He wants to make sure our men are fully prepared for battle, and the chain of command fully in place. No surprise in the middle of battle except those coming from the enemy.

You can wait for his confirmation, if you would prefer. I'll send Kolson a message notifying him about it, since we discuss our plans mostly on Steam.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Kolson on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:16 pm

Zeiss has the right of it. I was just going to continue those plans but if we are going to our true meeting I'm definitely down. The contrast between the Queen's public persona and business persona should be fascinating even putting aside everything else.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:34 pm

Well, our day is complete then.

Time to learn about the Tusker army! Come on, that happens tomorrow, right? Right?
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Archengeia on Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:43 am

With the current communications blackout? Pshaw. No at this point you're more likely to hear about them when they're on your doorstep since that'll be the fastest method of communication available.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Zeiss on Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:05 am

So they're going to communicate by moving their fist to our mouths then. Got it. Next action: call my lawyer and prepare my will. I want to be buried with all my possessions.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Kolson on Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:52 am

Shrug. I've got 99 problems and an army of Weretuskers ain't one.

If we make it to Kolson's b-day you should get him that one as a commemorative t-shirt Zeiss.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 5th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum