May 6th

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

May 6th

Post by Archengeia on Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:13 am

Rory has managed to find a barn near the outskirts of the city (being a primarily agricultural city) that suits his purposes.  Sadly the city proper seems to be doing pretty well, not many abandoned areas.  Thog passes the time reading, learning about how Weaving actually fundamentally alters matter, and thus different matter is more or less resistant to it... but any matter more resistant to it is inherently stronger once Woven.

The next morning Higaide and Rory and Javanbot manage some information gathering in town.  As it turns out, there are a couple of Humans there in the morning, buying supplies and food.  They freely admit they're part of the 'last bunch' and are jealous that they have to wait, but anything's better than back-breaking slave labor.  If pressed they will admit that they have a nearby farm area they've been staying at, which is apparently functioning as a regional headquarters of sort for the Alterations group.  As such the city is quite bustling with messengers, merchants, and other well-to-dos seeking to either gain information on the group, aid them, or join them.  The Humans, if further asked, say they don't want to give exact directions on where it is, as they were told not to disclose that, but Higaide earlier managed to get some pretty nice directions to most of the local plantations and so has a pretty good idea of exactly where they might be staying.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Rory on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:12 am

ooc:
The following is verbatim. If it's in color, it's what I mean to say between reactions, and in response to questions. I'm not talking over them or cutting through their confused protest.

More Gather Info:

Have they heard any word from the humans who arrived ahead of them? Anyone who might have stayed behind to update them?

What's this about slave labor? They must be exaggerating, right? /end

Not Gather Info:




"I have a change in the plan to report. The delay will be longer than you were previously told. As for the reason, you know I take it to heart very strongly to see that there is a positive future for our people. The offer to take so many people to the Thrush is quite generous, as an understatement, but these lofty Sho plantation owners haven't earned our trust yet. I'm here to witness for myself the conditions of what could become your new livelihood."




Trust that I have the well-being of our entire race in mind. /end

Lastly, for Gather Info again, I would like to get the names of the non-humans who have been giving them directions, and if they met any of them here in town, where.

K, I would really appreciate your help with this:

skill:


Diplomacy

Appealing to their sense of caution in this new land, and possible racism, though my "plantation owner" comment is not far from how I view the well-to-do of the Sho territories in general. More of the gist of my tone:




Stay here and don't be moved by others inviting you to the farms. This is a last-minute revision that comes from me, and my instructions supercede those that come from the other dealmakers. And you would be hard-pressed to think of a time it was more called for to be stubborn.




Deception

Opposed rolls if needed. Poor Rory tries so very hard, doesn't he? He's not lying, just trying to conceal his fear and anger, and his belief in a serious danger they are now exposed to.




K allowed to be the front man for both skills, but when it comes to Deception, even if he succeeds, allow my lesser Deception a chance to fail and let slip hints toward my feelings on the gradient of failure.


Last edited by Rory on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Archengeia on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:29 am

Rory doesn't find out too much info on any other groups of Humans from his first check. The Humans themselves are being tight lipped about it. At least one of them comments that Rory talks 'like a Hlaalu', in a derogatory tone.

The enslavement being referenced is when they were on Vesayen Lassel and forced into labor by the Tumerok.

The only name Rory finds out about whom has been telling the Humans to be cautious is a Burun named Sethos.

Waiting on Higaide to pursue the Diplomacy angle.

JavanBot is off drinking himself into a stupor.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Rory on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:59 pm

Well thank god Sethos is involved, because scratch the Diplomacy. The way I interact with them, or this one person in particular at least, is taking a completely different route.

Rory's eyes figuratively glow red when he hears the insult. "I hope you don't know who I am or why I'm here, because if you do, you're gonna feel how smart you are in a second if you don't watch your mouth."


skill:
Intimidation
Just this back-talker, no one else, but it's in no one's best interest to push me right now. I will deck him. He needs to back down.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by K on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:50 pm

"Oh, sir, you really stepped on a landmine now." - Higaide adds, just to help sell the menace, so Rory doesn't have to smash anyone.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Archengeia on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:59 pm

The Human in question, who has an east-coast accent, does not back down. Rather you see in him months of pent-up frustration boil over as he loses his tone and shouts back at you, demanding to know who you are to be so special and why he should give a rat's ass.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by K on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:19 pm

"Good sir" - he starts, with politeness that belies irritation (not in a derisive way, more of a i've got my own problems too way) - "you seem to be under the impression that you were the only one who suffered under the Tumeroks. I was there too, mind you. And to this day, there are some very good friends of mine that i don't know i'll ever see again. As for Hlaalu, i left that snake pit when i was a kid after smashing the face of the maggot i slaved under, and to suggest my friend here would be from there by way of insult, well, i'd say you're the one acting high and mighty."
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Rory on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:57 pm

ooc/K:
K, you may have to strikethough the stuff you wrote. Rory would not wait for you. Are you okay with that?
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by K on Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:07 pm

Rory:
I'm a very quick talker, actually, but sure.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Rory on Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:45 am

Higaide has barely begun as Rory, not wasting a second after the east-Vesayenese human's last word, throws as many face punches as it takes to connect one that knocks the man down, with the intended followup of getting on his knees over him to continue face-punching until he's certain that the man is unconscious.

ooc:
Damage = subdual

Edit: I'm sorry I'm doing this. I fully expect at least some verbal backlash for what I'm doing.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by K on Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:29 am

exasperated - "Aaaand.... there we go."

ooc:
setting up reactionary = When the guy's buddy moves to intervene, Higaide will grab and pin him to the ground. If Rory starts punching the guy on the ground, Higaide will shout from him to stop. If he starts going overboard, Higaide will restrain him instead.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Rory on Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:30 pm

ooc:
What I mean by "until he's certain" is not that at all, this is intended by the player as completely reactionary and on impulse. He just goes overboard without realizing it, which should be defined as getting on his knees to continue punching. If he is able to resist attempts to get him off before the guy is unconscious, he won't come to his senses until he stops getting conscious feedback from his assault.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Essoje on Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:11 am

Javanbot, who is now a very confused Javan, wonders why he would attempt to drink himself into a stupor even tho he's aware that they are in Appearances Country and such a demonstration is simply stupid. He then remembers that he was commemorating their arrival with the Scarves since the city seems to be a great place to do to find allies and build up the mercenary group.

Suddenly approached by one of the Scarves to see who could hold their liquor, the dragoon decided it wouldn't be any harm to take up the challenge and ended up winning... And then was challenged by another Scarf and won again. That's about the time his memories become fuzzy.

Javan decides it would be best to retire himself for the moment and taking the Scarves with him. But not before looking for the ingredients for feverfew tea for them all in an attempt to mitigate and/or stop possible head-splitting migraines, something he had learned from talking to Z way back then.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Archengeia on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:18 am

After some careful thought, and a few dice rolls, there are surprisingly no Sho guards in the vicinity when Rory begins beating a helpless civilian in the face. His first blow easily knocks the gentleman hard in the face, and he even gets a second smack before the guy falls over to the ground. Pumped up by rage, Rory probably won't notice for a bit that the person is no longer moving.

Javan, meanwhile, has found out that word of him and his traveling mercs has spread a bit in this town after their drinking lead to a few loose lips. Apparently a few of the Scarves dropped the name Exchange, and after some further discussion Javan will be approached by several fairly serious people asking if the Exchange plans to support their side... their side being the Traditionalists.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Rory on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:45 am

ooc:
K, feel free to get me off him before I've stopped, I promise I won't try to hit you.

When the assault ends, after a few seconds of introspection, Rory will look around at the others. "I'm not screwing around. I really have no time or patience for your attitude problems. Now I need to find Sethos. One of you will tell me where he is." He speaks his name with a degree of familiarity.

Cowed by Rory's display(if Intimidation is needed again), they'll tell him if they know, or they'll tell him the next best thing if they can. He'll be trusting Higaide to judge if they're honest.

ooc:
Thog stirs in his dormant repose...
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by K on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:32 am

ooc:
Kinda defeats the purpose now that you've already posted, i think (not that there probably was much of a way around it anyway, so shrug). Also, i set up the reactionary for just that, so i assume i did it when you started punching the unconscious man.

But yeah, for the sake of formality...

As per the reactionary, Higaide gets Rory off the unconscious man as soon as Rory starts punching said unconscious man once he's unconscious.

"These are civillians!" - he mutters to Rory between his teeth.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Essoje on Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:57 am

Javan agrees to meet the serious people in private after he's centered enough to talk with them, saying the following line in a mix of apology and politeness, "You want the Exchange involved in this and on your side, I see. Well, I am friends of the current leadership, yes, and I did help them with Exchange business in the past but I'm sorry to inform you that I am not formally part of the organization. As such I cannot confirm, deny or help in anything that involved the Exchange. I'm very sorry for wasting your time."
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Archengeia on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:03 pm

The gentleman takes a smack to the face, badly. Blood comes out of his nose and he falls to the ground, unconscious, clearly completely unprepared for the attack. The other Humans nearby take several steps back, horrified at the assault, but too afraid to run.

Essoje wrote:Javan agrees to meet the serious people in private after he's centered enough to talk with them, saying the following line in a mix of apology and politeness, "You want the Exchange involved in this and on your side, I see. Well, I am friends of the current leadership, yes, and I did help them with Exchange business in the past but I'm sorry to inform you that I am not formally part of the organization. As such I cannot confirm, deny or help in anything that involved the Exchange. I'm very sorry for wasting your time."
They seem upset at first, but then realize this is all part of the 'game' of being a criminal organization, and they congratulate Javan for his cleverness. They then begin discussing payment when another group of people knocks on the door, who apparently are the other faction's representatives here to court Javan similarly.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Rory on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:11 pm

Rory wrote:
ooc:
K, feel free to get me off him before I've stopped, I promise I won't try to hit you.

When the assault ends, after a few seconds of introspection, Rory will look around at the others. "I'm not screwing around. I really have no time or patience for your attitude problems. Now I need to find Sethos. One of you will tell me where he is." He speaks his name with a degree of familiarity.

Cowed by Rory's display(if Intimidation is needed again), they'll tell him if they know, or they'll tell him the next best thing if they can. He'll be trusting Higaide to judge if they're honest.

ooc:
Thog stirs in his dormant repose...
This is still true. Reaction: grab the first person who attempts to flee, if.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Archengeia on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:16 pm

Rory manages to grab the first Human who tries to flee without much effort. The others sprint away, outright terrified.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Essoje on Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:46 am

"Well, that is perfect... You know what? Why don't you all join me inside.", said Javan out loud as his brain felt like it was going to split in half like a twig and he decided to just go with the flow. Because screw everything.

Javan then informs everyone before they can even react to the other group in a serious tone, "By the way, everyone here is my guest. And everyone here comes from a civilized culture last I checked. So just to be sure, there's some ground rules you must all follow: I'll reflect what you guys do right back at you while in this room. If you treat everyone in this room with awesome, I'll be awesome to you. If any try anything funny here, I'll do the funny back. Except it won't be funny to you. If an all-out fight breaks out, I'll have to try to explain to the guards why I'm bringing a bunch of unconscious people to the middle of the streets wearing nothing but black conic hats and have message on their chest made with a permanent marker saying 'I will not be violent around Mr. Asher'. Man, that should do wonders to one's reputation as well as their respective faction's."

"Second: I am mentally unable to lie. It's stupid, waste everyone's time so screw it. So everything I said before and will be saying from now on? That's the truth."

Javan then smiles, apparently content with his warning, "Alright. You all wanted to talk with a criminal group's member, which not only makes both sides look very bad in my eyes, our traditionalists friends here thought it was a criminal thing and I was being clever. Which I was not. I happened to be a friend of the Exchange's current leadership and I happen to like helping friends, even if helping them sometimes means being a stupid di... uh, I mean dragoon?"

"Anyways, I'm the head of a mercenary group named 'White Scarves'. A dragoon. That can also shoots lightning bolts because why not, amirite? And probably wanted in at least a few cities. As well as helping save a few other places, whenever they know it or not."

Javan then suddenly notices his tea leaves have infused past perfection point and proceeds to pour himself some tea, "Oh, and I would normally offer tea, but this is feverfew tea, really nasty stuff but great for taking care of headaches. Unless the sudden truth I just unloaded on you all gave you some migraines, I'd suggest against it. Alright, anyone else wants to talk?"

OOC:
Nailed it. 8)
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Rory on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:33 am

Well...okay. Not much we can do about the others fleeing, unless Higaide would like to grab one so that we can talk to two(three). I thought they were too afraid to run, but I assumed someone would try to flee.

"Answer my question honestly, and I won't hurt you. Where is Sethos?"
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by K on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:10 am

Higaide goes to check the one who got punched, afraid he might have broken his jaw or something.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Archengeia on Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:54 am

The man babbles utterly incoherently, clearly terrified beyond rational thought. You hear a few stray words like "demon" and "corrupted" as well as the fact that he continuously is scrabbling, ineffectually, to get out of Rory's grasp.

The gentleman on the ground's lower jaw is jello at this point, as is some of his upper jaw. He will probably be deformed for life even with proper healing.


The representatives immediately begin a rousing debate trying to convince the unusual Javan of their worthiness to be the ones to deal with outside elements. Neither side makes a particularly convincing argument, as it boils down to "We're the side that's right." However during the conversation one of the Alterations members lets slip that he believes their side has, fairly recently, come unto some external aid other than what they're trying to court out of Javan that will secure victory for their side once and for all, and name drops Sethos in the process.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by K on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:54 am

"Good job, Rory. You just disfigured this man." - Higaide mutters, with cold anger under his breath.

"WHERE DO I FIND A HEALER!!" - he shouts to whatever crowd is left, with as much command in his voice as he can muster.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 6th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum