Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Thread for Dungeoneering

5 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

OOC Thread for Dungeoneering - Page 6 Empty Re: OOC Thread for Dungeoneering

Post by Rory Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:56 am

It's a good thing I already have qualifying ability scores and both Dodge and Mobility. I think I will force myself to take Spring Attack as a prerequisite for Whirlwind as it was intended. The custom feat we're creating allows me to leapfrog plenty enough as it is.

Changes made to sheet (google sheets document) *Q*
Feels his sins crawling on his back

Arcing Swings

Prereqs: none (or Int&Str 13)
Exempts the character from being required to take Combat Expertise or Power Attack in order to take feats that require either. (Note: character does not gain the feats Combat Expertise or Power Attack)
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:16 pm

Well, I was deliberately poking to see the boundaries, but since Rory doesn't mind all is well. But again, even if the custom feat did cost you '1' point, the custom feat has a valuable of 2.5 normal feats so keep in mind they are meant to be more powerful.

Also Rory, you do not have the means to get all the feats you want and have them be useful at the level you are going to reach. You want leadership, whirlwind attack, spring attack and cleave in order to get everything you want. My recommendation: rush for the Gladiator prestige class instead, and to do that as fast as possible you are going to need to dip into Fighter for the next 2 levels to get whirlwind attack and cleave. If you take any longer, you'll probably be hurting in terms of damage output with the things we might encounter since it's unlikely you are going to get Power Attack, which is the bread and butter of any melee class.

Spring Attack makes no sense if you are aiming for the Gladiator class and is NOT actually a prerequisite for anything at all, so I'd avoid it. As for leadership, it is good and all but not only we already have one character in this party with it, it has been a hell for me to make any use of it at all, specially when we are going all over places in a small group and all.

Then again, leadership could be useful if we... I dunno, allied ourselves with the Veyotians or something as big, so we'd have the actual backing to make Leadership actually usable. I'm just throwing this out there because that's one thing that we could actually attempt to do, and we are rapidly approaching the limit of what we can do without some serious backing, not to mention I expect the big hats of lots of organizations are already pissed at us doing whatever we want and messing with the balance of the world and doing stupid RPG player stuff on their backyards.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:30 am

It's not? But the SRD site said...well, maybe you're right. I will let the GM decide. Yes, I was thinking of grabbing some Fighter levels to get what I need. On my next level, lvl 9, I should be getting my 4th character bonus feat alongside my lvl 1 Fighter bonus feat. So barring Spring Attack as a prerequisite, I should become sword-storm-powerhouse-supreme at lvl 10.

I guess Leadership will have to wait.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:37 am

That's my bad, you do need spring attack to get Whirlwind... well, I don't an excuse for it. But this also means the 2 levels of fighter dipping is still a thing. 11th in the earliest.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:03 pm

Essoje wrote:I'm very sorry but I'll be needing to leave town for at least a week, more if the bs that is coming my way gets out of hand and I don't think I'll have the heart to post during the period. Javan is thereby NPCed as of now until I am back. Just don't make him lie and remember to abuse his elemental knowledge. Also, do NOT use him in any charisma checks for first-time stuff because he gets disadvantage. Otherwise have fun.

Thank you and good luck, Javan. So Arch, can you explain this Disadvantage to me, that Javan has?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:26 pm

Basically Javan has something like Naivete which means he gets Disadvantage on initial social style rolls.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:27 pm

All the best, Javan.
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:30 pm

Guys, sorry to say this, but i'm bowing out. I've been trying to keep up for weeks now, but i've been failing more and more miserably, and i'll just drag you down if keep going. Especially now, that a heist is about to happen, i'd be more of a liability than anything.

All the best for you guys, and feel free to have my gold (i do owe you, Javan).
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:45 pm

You could have said something earlier man, that was too sudden.

Considering the GM has been shown willing to work with his players to make things work, why not have a talk with him and see if you can work things out? If you already talked with Arch about it and is bowing out anyways, forget I said anything.

See, I was hoping you and Rori would be on the lead of this adventure, because I myself am not into heists, to the point that I skip episodes of my favorite shown or skip a book chapter that has them on it, it just doesn't pick my interest. I can play them, sure, but I feel like I'm playing blinder than usual.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is... it's going to suck hard without you there man. But you do you, just... do it after exploring other options please.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:53 pm

Well, i did talk to Arch.

It's not that i'm ironclad i wanna leave and won't hear otherwise, it's more like i've lost my energy. And i've been trying to fight this, i really have, but i've obviously been losing. It got to the point that i came back from Comic-con, tried to read up on the latest, and the length of the posts just made me feel... wrong.

I just knew then that i wasn't any good to you guys anymore. I'm just feeling too disconnected, and i tried to get back into it, but just feels alien somehow.

Thank you for your words though, Javan. I mean that.

Tell you what. If Arch is ok with it, i'll play this last heist with you guys. But then i don't think i can stay on. I would seriously be dragging you guys down, making Arch wait for me to say a peep so he can move you along, and that's just not fair to anyone.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:14 pm

Okay. If you have to drop out, I understand. I appreciate you sticking with us for the heist.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:09 am

New plan for heist. We'll have a map, that's a good start. The night before, we watch the mansion and just see what happens. We'll tail a security guy home after their day shift ends and make them talk. The head of security would be good, if they didn't live there. A security man may have what we need to get past the magic (like a magic security ID).

If guards just hand off whatever it is at the end of a shift, we sneak in through an opening, find someone on shift to take theirs and hide him. We could probably leave him in the basement. We'll have a map, so we'll know where we can hide an unconscious guard without anyone finding him quickly.

If the guards don't have anything that could help us get past magic without setting it off...screw it, we just go through the sewer entrance and smash&grab.

We may need chains and a gag for if we tail a guy. We may need to grab multiple magic IDs, one for each of us.

Oh, and we should all have the map memorized by the time we're ready to do this, night before 18th at latest.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:30 pm

Let's first see if the map becomes a reality tho before we think of kidnapping a non-existant person... just saying.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:06 pm

A mansion owned by a tycoon should have people on watch or on patrol if they've the money to invest in woven traps or alarms. They exist.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:07 pm

Oh. I didn't mean it like that. I meant kidnapping a NPC.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:27 am

Well, I'm out 200g. Not 800. That was...well, I guess I could have expected that.

Day 16, if we are in agreement: I'm going to take Higaide and Javan, going in my fancy-pants outfit, to case the mansion exterior. This may take all day. We want to see who's there, how many patrols, how many people in each patrol. Who comes, who goes. How each shift is. We're going to try to mark those who are important by how they're different from the others, where they go and what they do if we can spot a routine.

We'll be watching the main gate, the back entrance, and the sewer entrance (yes, drop down into the sewers to just watch it, have fun!)

We have 3 ideas of where the coin could be: master bedroom, storage, or top of tower. The vault could be in the second two. We'd have to go right through the barracks to get into storage, so let's save that for last resort. We need to catch a guard who knows where the vault is and take whatever form of clearance he has. If we need additional clearance inside, we could stash the knocked out guards in the tower. When figuring out where to search, the priority should be this before narrowing it down: tower 1st, master bedroom 2nd, then storage 3rd.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:16 pm

Alright, my father asked me if I wanted to visit him and stay for the holidays all of a sudden and I ended up saying yes. So... I'll be catching a bus later today and will be back on Jan 7th. I won't have access to internet there for a week from what I've heard, so might as well not plan for it.

So here's the deal: Do you guys mind waiting until Jan 7th to continue this? We could go the usual 'Javan is NPCed' route, but it's going to be only one player doing most of the action this time it seems.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:16 pm

i can wait
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:56 am

Yeah, I don't feel confident juggling 3 different characters who aren't clones of each other. It's just two weeks, counting today.

On the subject of the campaign as a whole, I'm not going anywhere.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:21 am

Those "guards" are with the Order. Goratin's paying for good security and for them to not appear "with" any faction.

That shop Javan went to would be in the commercial district, wouldn't it? I don't want to metagame, but I'm pretty sure those 10 guards are going off to grab Javan. They've either seen him with us, or the crystals growing out of his skin have caught Goratin's attention. Or the weaver sold him out.

We've got nothing better to do right now except continue to case the building, and watch for shift changes.

If those guards come back with a bagged individual, it's Javan. If that happens, we'll stop casing, visit the market for a few things (I have it written down), and then check to see if the weaver's shop is open (if it is, things may get "interesting"). Then we go to the sewers, and then put me to sleep. And when "I" wake up, we'll storm the castle.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:59 am

Aaand I'm back.

I'm pretty sure Javan would instantly pickup something is wrong and just default to abandoning his original plan, so I'm acting with this in mind.
Hopefully fully-paranoid Javan will be able to avoid trouble. Or at least not create more.

Who knows at this point, it could have been a red herring but Javan would be stressed enough already (from everything from the last days) so this kind of reaction would make perfect sense here.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Okay, time to bully my brain back into where we were. Lemme re-read my notes a bit and I'll respondeth.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:02 pm

I feel like we should go to ground/sewers and ambush them if they follow us. At the same time, I really just wanna head right back in their direction and crush them.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:22 pm

I really don't want to make this decision in a vacuum, though, so waiting on someone to weigh in first.

But what else has crossed my mind is that this could be our chance. They think someone wants to trick them by pulling the wool over their eyes. What better way to catch them unaware than to ambush the manor when they're down in manpower by a chunk? In fact, If one of you believes this is a better idea, I'm going with majority.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:47 am

I'm going to agree with you on this being possibly our chance, if we go now and quickly pull off whatever we need to. 10 less guards to have to stealth past?

I'm game.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down