May 7th

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: May 7th

Post by Archengeia on Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:29 pm

"Enough delays. Your answer is clear. Take them!"

Making a new thread for combat.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 7th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:23 am

Having defeated the enemy forces, the trio is snuck out the back of the Plantation and stealth their way out through the brush with Sethos' help. Thankfully the scanner on the Corvette never goes off while they are departing.

They head out a few miles, finding a fairly abandoned looking area not on any major roads, where the Thrush is unrestrained. There are a decent number of animals around here, though they seem to sniff in your direction and scamper off, not wanting to bother with you. Setting up a temporary camp won't be an issue, with enough tarp of course since there's no 'ground' here due to the density of the Thrush.

Higaide heads northwest towards Ishiban as the day drags on. He has no particular issues with local authorities, though there are now wanted posters for Rory visible in several gathering spots. Higaide himself is actually questioned, personally, several times asking if he has any information on the rogue fugitive; since Higaide is Human after all. He is also approached by a few other Humans, asking about tomorrow's trip and if he's going to be present, or asking if he knows where they're gathering to head to their new home, that sort of thing.

He has no issues purchasing some decorative fireworks that will function as 'flashbangs', and manages to purchase a silver spear that will serve the desired purpose, as well as several older robes and a veil for Javan.

He does not, in the first several hours he spends doing these other things, find the Scarves though. If he chooses to spend more time in the city looking, that is up to him.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 7th

Post by K on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:10 pm

Higaide will try to gather information on the Scarves' whereabouts.

I assume they hung close to Javan, wherever he spent the night/day while Rory and i were at the market (i remember him having said something about a tavern?). I'll start by hitting up the place, observe the mood of the people, then try and buy a few drinks and see if the scuttlebutt turns up anything useful.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 7th

Post by Archengeia on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:56 am

Higaide's overall expenses are about 260g total, almost all of which was tied up in the spear.

After some asking around he does learn about some people calling themselves the Scarves who are, apparently, heading their way out of town as we speak. Higaide is given general directions towards their intended exit point, which is heading south.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 7th

Post by K on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:39 pm

Higaide makes his way out of town, to inform Javan and Rory of the situation with the Scarves. He moves at a fairly normal pace while he's in the populated area, and toward the point where the Scarves were said to be leaving from, if he finds them, he'll observe, and approach if it seems safe. If he doesn't find them, he'll go southeast to inform Javan and Rory; picking pace up to a run as soon as he's outside the city proper.

The general idea is waste as little time as possible while avoiding rousing suspicion, and see if we can still catch up to the scarves.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 7th

Post by Archengeia on Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:25 pm

Higaide makes his way back to Javan and Rory without issue, not spotting the Scarves on his way out. By the time he gets back it's about 6 in the evening.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 7th

Post by K on Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:40 pm

Higaide informs Javan about the Scarves as he hands them the items.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 7th

Post by Rory on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:21 am

"Fantastic, I'll just take my change, thank you... Javan, here's a brand new silver spear, just for you. I don't know if it will help against the...sheep, but I've heard silver's good for something. And you can use it instead of your demon spear, if you want."

"Alright, let's get some rest. Higs, take this drudge charm and keep watch, just in case the airship coming to pick up the remaining humans arrives ahead of schedule. Let's put on our disguises now and sleep in them, should help us look the part later on."


"Higaide, one thing before we do. How's the 'situation' in Ishiban?"
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 7th

Post by K on Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:26 am

"Well, you're famous." - he replies - "Aside from that, there's no shortage of Humans eager to be herded. Town's pretty normal otherwise, far as i've seen."

He takes the drudge charm and prepares to stand watch.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 7th

Post by Essoje on Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:54 pm

Javan accepts the spear and says a word of thanks, but it's hard for him to hide his mild shock at the Scarves acting on their own after being away for a day and half. And then multiple 'what ifs' go through his head, his face showing he's worried about them yet cannot do much without leaving Rory and Higaide on their own for the human problem.

"Sacred be the Wind, may it blown on the adventurous' back. And the Scarves' while at it", the crystalline fairy uncharacteristically starts to mumble a quick prayer to the wind while holding his nasal bridge with his right hand, all the while seemly attempting to find the balance point of the silver spear with his left.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 7th

Post by Rory on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:24 am

"Oh...alright. If you see anyone headed out this way, try to direct them somewhere else, okay?"

He lays down his cloak to be a barrier between him and the hard ground. Before he drifts to sleep, he lingers on Sethos's question about standing trial. I wonder what they take from someone for beating a man to near death...
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 7th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum