The Tumerok Encounter

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:06 am

Kolson and Zeiss are spirited into where the city of Loshai used to be, an old Sho city that was one of the hardest hit during the Incident. Almost no survivors from the city were catalogued during the great evacuation.

The two arrive, flags and pokemon ready, to find the remains of the city in ruins around them. There are a few tense seconds where both Elves stand there, waiting for the very real possibility of death, but nothing seems to happen. After about a minute of silence has passed, the two can take a closer look around and start to notice the ruins themselves look off. While definitely ruins, they're very clean; no dust or otherwise signs of disrepair, and the broken walls and laid-out charred wood and stone are all polished to a sheen. The whole area is quiet for the moment.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:00 pm

OOC:
Me and Kolson discussed our actions on Steam chat. Here's what we came up with.

Kolson takes a look around, and sarcastically says, "This isn't weird at all."

OOC:
He rolls to disbelieve.

To this, Zeiss can only nervously reply, "Nope."

He will put the Togepi in one of his pockets, while the Pikachu climbs on Kolson's shoulder, and then they'll try to find a nice spot to have a picnic, like an old plaza where they could sit on a bench, or maybe a park where they would put a sheet of cloth on the ground then dine on it. Let's say that we asked Kazan of Stormpike, the chef we hired for the Exchange's Central Office (the place where the Superintendents work), to make us a lunch box filled with cucumber and tomato sandwiches, some vegetables we can dip in an exquisite mayonnaise sauce, some wine for Kolson, and iced tea for Zeiss. While we explore for a good spot to have our picnic, we'll poke at the ruins to make sure they're really there and not some illusion, and check the ground for any kind of humanoid, animal, or vehicular tracks.

Zeiss will examine the Elemental energies in the area (alongside Advoc), and Kolson will do some weaving checks on the ruins and any other points of interest.

Then it's time to have our picnic; preferably near something we could use as cover.

OOC:
The reason we want to have a picnic is to throw the Tumeroks off balance in case they do come to kill/capture us. Also, we're hungry.

If nothing happens for an hour, we'll just explore the city some more, then head... east?
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:17 pm

The GM wonders how well dressed, how kempt and how clean, the party is. Ditto for the Pokemon.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:37 pm

Kolson wears his red mage robes, which are very well kempt for the importance of this ambassadorial mission. Using his own words, he is dressed "to the nines". He's from upper middle class, so I'm sure you can imagine of what quality his robes are.

Same for Zeiss, although he is wearing the closest thing akin to a suit that a roguish adventurer might wear; it allows him free movement, but makes him presentable enough that he can meet people like the High Queen without sticking out like a sore thumb. He's the leader of the Exchange after all. However, he doesn't wear anything that would qualify as luxurious, something he has a distaste for.

I imagine we took a shower, and gave a quick bath to our pokemon before coming to the Dryreach Zone. Although, putting ribbons on them would be a tad too much.

And there's whatever the Queen gave us to identify us as "ambassadors". No idea what that is. An armband? A letter? You decide.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:12 pm

Nothing seems to go amiss for several minutes as the group hesitantly starts their picnic. Shortly into that both players hear something fairly metallic sounding approaching from somewhere to the south.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:17 pm

We keep eating, and wait for the machine of doom to appear. Zeiss suddenly take the Togepi in his arms, just in case, and has a quick look at what he can use as cover if it comes down to it. Good thing we also have the Exit materia.

I assume we didn't get any information about what we asked? It wouldn't be that surprising considering how clean this place seems to be.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:38 pm

No illusions to speak of, the place just seems exceptionally well kept. Despite being in total ruins. A finger check will reveal no dust.

The mechanical sounds will slowly get closer, though upon closer dice rolls Kolson in particular believes he's not just hearing footsteps, but some kind of activity.

There are, of course, tons of places to hide if the party wishes to.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:48 pm

Well, me and Kolson are having a picnic for the express purpose to throw them off balance. "Ambassadors" are not supposed to hide. We'll appear non-threatening, and wait for what happens next. Let's just clean up any food crumbs that may be lying around us, and hope they don't shoot us on sight.

Aso, we're probably scared stiff about what's going to happen next. Exit Materia at the ready.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:43 pm

As the two are quietly cleaning up crumbs, one of the devices slowly trundles into view. After a few seconds of observation the two realize it actually isn't moving on the ground at all, but hovering a few feet over it; the noises have been coming from its many arms, which are running over every inch of nearby surface. Sometimes small beams of green emit from its arms, other times it simply sweeps or brushes with them, keeping everything unnaturally clean.

The device itself is crude looking, as if someone simply shoved blocks of metal together. It has a total of nine arms, each one misshapen and asymmetrical, with no artistry in their design at all, and an uneven number of claws at the end of each. A cursory visual glance by Kolson confirms the thing seems to be made of titanium.

It has not made any overtly threatening gestures but is on a clear beeline for the party.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:04 pm

Kolson suggests a course of action, which Zeiss agrees to; clean up our picnic, make sure we're not dirty, give the food crumbs to the vacuum cleaner then follow it to its final destination. We'll roll Knowledge engineering checks, knowledge elements, weaving, and anything else that could help us. We'll try not to touch it, but if it vocally interacts with us, we'll try to respond in a diplomatic manner. But we fully expect it to ignore us. If it tries to clean us, we'll let it do its thing...unless it causes damage. In that case, we'll have to think of something else.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:11 pm

The creature trundles onwards, oblivious to the party other than to thoroughly clean the spot they just were with what appears to be some sort of energy beam, literally vaporizing the crumbs within seconds. The ground left behind is immaculately clean.

The two stare at the thing but can't really make heads or tails of it other than obvious observations; whatever this thing is is just beyond what their dice rolls managed. They do determine that there's no Weaving involved in the device, and it appears to have no magical components at all.

The thing then moves about its standard patrol path, and the duo suicidally follow it. It appears to be heading towards what once looked like the center plaza of the city, and will get there within a few hours at its slow pace of scanning and cleaning. The party notices other similar devices here and there as they go, each keeping the ruins as pristine as possible. Their only companions in the quiet are the clanking of the creature, and a low wind that howls through empty buildings.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:40 pm

Zeiss and Kolson discuss their next plan, and they decide to do this; analyze the patrol pattern of these high-end vacuum cleaners, and attempt to figure out how to trace back their steps. We're trying to find to find any sort of "headquarters" where they might be... repaired? Recharged? We have no idea. Let's hope they've not be going in circles for years. We'll also be on the lookout for anything "unusual", like a building that isn't in ruins or something like that.

If all of this fails, we'll just find an old road leading out of the city, and walk on it. Preferably east.

While we do all of this, Zeiss and Kolson will talk about what the Tumeroks could be; a race of golems? Are these machines simply vestiges of an ancient civilization? If they have any sort of "masters", are they still alive? Are they related to the Vyeotians, the only other group we know about that doesn't use magic? Are the Tumeroks and the Vyeotians one and the same, or are they two factions from the same group? Maybe they're not even related to each other at all.

We can only speculate, for now.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:59 am

The two's patience lasts long enough to follow the strange device for a few hours, before they round a particularly broken corner of what used to be a brick building. There, down the street, is something that clearly does not fit at all.

There is a squat building there; its base is a harsh rectangle, atop it sits a rhombus-shaped chunk, with clear lines going down it indicating welding. The entire structure is made of metal, though there are some clear paint and markings here and there that the duo cannot divine. On either side of the rectangular center are layers of 'slices' of cylinders, the largest being on the base, then a smaller one up, and the smallest one above that, almost looking like squat legs. There are also strange metal chunks several dozen feet out of each corner, painted yellow and black. The thing is lit up, even in daytime, and overall is about four stories tall in size.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:08 pm

Once we're done saying, "What the hell?", we're going to carefully approach the Tumerok building, checking for traps, and look for an entrance or some sort of interface; made for humanoids or their machines. Zeiss will also try to climb it to observe it, and use his AIr Vent power to fly on it if necessary.

We'll do some checks to see if some kind of signal is coming off from it, and to guess its function.

Then, time to use the 8 sided communicator, and talk to the Eleven.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:26 pm

While on approach, a very high pitched yet clearly new noise starts emitting at regular intervals, coming from the building itself. All the nearby cleaning... things immediately stop what they were doing and begin racing at top speed towards the building.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:27 pm

Back away from the building, and wait for something else to happen. If there's nothing, we'll examine the building from a distance.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Kolson on Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:30 pm

Um. Intuition please. Towards the building or away?
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:22 pm

Kolson Intuits an alarm just went off at their presence.

Either way within seconds rather loud, metallic clanging will be heard a ways away. As if dozens of metal footsteps are approaching from the distance.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:31 pm

Zeiss and Kolson talks about it, and make their decision; stay immobile, pokemon at the ready, and wait for "them" to show up.

*crosses fingers*

Also, Advoc, appear... inoffensive please.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:06 pm

The GM ponders making them roll a Wisdom Save against fear...

The army of Titanium Golems comes tromping in from all directions, though after a few extremely tense moments you realize they're not actually focused on you; they're centering around the strange building. What's interesting is while there are obvious 'types' of golems present, there are a large variety of those present. Some squat and on four legs, some tall and thin and mobile, and so on. Just glancing there's at least 20 varieties visually present. All of them are repeated at least a few times with one exception.

Towering over the others by almost a full 20 feet is a large bipedal golem. Missing its left hand and with several strange lights on what must be its 'head', each step of the monstrocity shakes the ground near you. It is very clearly looking at you and moving towards you.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:56 pm

Zeiss can't resist. "Oh great, giant golem of doom is about to crush us under its foot."

"We may end up wishing it had," replies Kolson.

"Let's avoid enslavement, if we can."

We wait until the giant golem is close enough to communicate with us, and assuming it doesn't kill us, Kolson says in Common,

"Greeting my metal friend. We come in peace bearing the pokemon of happiness. We have come from Aluvia as ambassadors in the name of peace between our peoples."

OOC:
We'll try other languages if need be. Between me and Kolson, we should speak pretty much all of them.


Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:01 am

OOC:
My first immediate thought was, "HOW DARE YOU MISSPELL HAPPINESS" and then instant death. lol. Ahem!

There is a several second pause as Kolson and Zeiss are standing there, likely holding out the pokemon, and the giant golem stares at them. After a rather uncomfortable silence passes, a clearly artificial voice grates out. "Do you seek to take what is ours?"

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Kolson on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:58 pm

OOC:
Lol. I get it. I get it. I had to learn to stop myself from endlessly nitpicking my own posts, fixing typos and rewording things and such. It use to drive my GM at the time crazy.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:59 pm

OOC:
Totally edited that mistake, and we'll make sure we don't do it again, just in case the Tumeroks are super strict on grammar.

Also, the upcoming answer is honest.

And you see, I can write short posts too! Cool

Zeiss speaks up, and replies without any hesitation, "No." Short pause. "Do you seek to take what is ours?"
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:02 pm

There is a decent pause before a reply. "I do not understand the question. What is yours is yours. What is ours is ours. How could the two intersect?"

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum