Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tumerok Encounter

4 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The Tumerok Encounter - Page 5 Empty Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:15 pm

"The pokemon are okay?" asks Zeiss, visibly relieved. "Good to know. I hope they didn't get augmented. I should-"

He suddenly stops talking, and gloom darkens the expression on his face. Without saying a word, he leans back in his seat, and lowers his head. When Kolson asks him what's wrong, he will reply to him using their woven communicator that allows them to talk in private with each other.

He won't say anything else for the rest of the ride.

To Kolson:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:05 am

Zeiss:

Kolson places a comforting hand on Zeiss' shoulder. "Z, I'm glad your here but come on, I wasn't born yesterday. The only people the Tumerok know are their masters. Why are you doing favors for them?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:44 pm

"Yes, Zeiss.  The Pokemon are fine.  The tumerok have no clue what to do with pets.  The idea of a pet is completely alien to them, and so they asked me to take them back with me.  Kolson, The Tumerok has no master other than himself... and I'm not doing a favor for The Tumerok.  The favor,"

She emphasizes the word favor, making it clear that this wasn't something she would do for a friend or a comrade.

"was called in as payment for something I will gain in exchange from the party I represent.  I didn't feel it necessary to question them on why they have continued dealings with The Tumerok, just like I don't question you about your true aims in coming here to make dealings with the tumerok.  That being said, given our history, I have at least a small vested interest in obtaining a favorable outcome to this quandary.  As such, I will make a suggestion.  When we land allow me to apologize to The Tumerok for your rude and possibly aggressive behavior.  While I'm not sure how you feel on the matter, nor what your true aims were, it seems quite clear that you had no idea as to the culture, social norms, and taboos of the tumerok. As a result they, as I'm sure you are aware, are quite prepared to do away with you.  An apology might not fix it, but it probably wouldn't hurt."

She pauses for a moment then turns to Zeiss, "Oh, and for the sake of all the Elements, PLEASE do NOT lie."

Not Z:
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:15 am

Kolson laughs at the idea of the Tumerok having no master. "Whatever you say Z, whatever you say. If we survive we'll need to discuss that some more I think. And yes, if we had known what they were we wouldn't have bothered. Might as well try to negotiate with a sword for all the good it did. They can't even talk to us. They only wanted our demands and then folded under basic questioning. They are impatient, lack self awareness, and as far as I can tell need or want nothing. They are terrible and they are strong. I regret coming here at all.

But that's not very useful is it? We acted only in self defense after they threatened us with both words and deeds. Not that it matters--I sincerely doubt we did any damage to them. If we hadn't acted we'd be dead already. My only regret is we couldn't take a few of them with us.
" It's pretty clear Kolson's fighting spirit is up as he isn't usually so violent. Recent events have clearly shook him.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:57 am

Zeiss is taken out of this apathy when Z mentions his name. "I didn't lie to them," he says absentmindedly.

Once Kolson has finished talking, he sighs. "The only people who have the power to tell the Tumeroks not to attack anyone are the Vyeotians. They're not attacking us because we're with you. So tell us, why do you represent the people who have committed genocide against the people of Dereth, forced the humans of Vessayen Lassel and Aphus Lassel into a mass exodus, probably used the said exodus to trick the Tuskers of Aphus Lassel into a contract and make them their instrument of conquest, and murdered all the middle managers from the Undermarket, thus causing even more chaos than there already is? Is it because of ignorance? Or do you already know how evil they are?"

There is no anger behind his words; only weariness.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:51 am

GM's Perspective:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:43 pm

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:33 pm

Zeriel furrows her brow debating how much of an explanation she should give, after all the "D-word" is a bit of a trigger for most people.

"I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but you might want to check your sources. At the very least I can personally vouch for the fact that two of the original "middle managers" of the Undermarket are alive and kicking and my sources tell me that many of them survived. That's how the 'blocks' were formed. In so far as my part in all this, I have offered my services in exchange for the funds and man power to establish a safe-haven for those who grew up in and or are living in circumstances similar to my own childhood. And just for the record I am currently operating under a military organization which is a collation of many races, including human, elven, dwarven, dericost, ect."
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:16 pm

Zeiss sighs.

"I should check with my sources? Okay, let's check with my sources. Me, Kolson, and the rest of the party, we were all in Janwall when the Vyeotians sent their minions to kill one of the middle managers who survived. They attacked the whole town, and bombarded it with canons from a sailing vessel, just to eliminate one middle manager. We repelled their attack, and captured some of them. That's how we learned the Vyeotians' name. We would have asked more questions, but an internal device killed our prisoners before we could. If you do not believe us, go ask Snarg, Gwydo, or even Fierneceal. You're the only one who wasn't there."

He pauses to take his breath.

"As for the genocide? The Tumerok invasion that killed 29 millions of people, give or take? Let me quote the Tumeroks. 'Our contract with the Vyeotians was to serve them. In exchange, we were Augmented, given resources, and given a land to conquer.' Another one, 'They gave us the information and lead us into battle.' If you do not believe me, go ask them yourself."

Kolson only:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:42 pm

OOC:

Zeiss Only:

"Bullshit. You're Zeriel Fucking-Badass. You don't take shit from anyone and you get shit done. You don't need them to do that. You never did. All their deals have done is make you complicit in any future crimes they commit. What happened to stopping the war? Of finding a way to peace? The Vyetians don't do that. Everything they touch is mutilated beyond recognition."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:43 pm

Zeriel is taken aback by the vehemence with which Zeiss and Kolson have confronted her. She takes a long time to speak again and sounds downtrodden as she responds.

"I have always worked with other powers, Kolson, Zeiss. The organization I represent is not the Vyeotians, but a conglomerate of organizations, a coalition of peoples who's goal is an end to the war. I believe a diplomatic process to end to this atrocity of war is no longer available to us. And even if it were, I could not do it myself. I tried... I did not succeed. While you make think I am "badass," the simple truth is that I am only one woman and, as personally powerful as I am, I do not have the power to move mountains single handed."

She pauses then turns her eyes from the controls and meets Zeiss' eyes and quotes an edict that he had not heard since his days in the Bloodied Flock,

"But that I may make it so that the innocent need not fear prosecution, may the Elements bless me that I have the strength to do so, I must burn this world to ash."

She turns back to the controls.

"Have you forgotten this edict, Zeiss? Kolson, would you tell me that when I have the means to make a difference both for the world and for those like me, though through force, that I should turn away from them, allow their continued suffering and death, when it is in my power, through the will of the Dominion, to end it? This war has mutilated our world beyond recognition. Magic takes solid form, allies fight amongst themselves, Collier was attacked, and now you tell me that I am accomplice to crimes. Crimes against what, crimes against whom? Are you, in your complacence, not an accomplice to the atrocity of this war? If The Tumerok join in the battle and invade the rest of Dereth, would this not be a direct result of your actions? Should I then, for the better of the world, abandon you to your death by their rules? Your judgement of my actions is duly noted, but I shall walk a path of my own choosing."
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:28 am

OOC:

"Okay, that's a lot of questions, so I'll answer them one by one. Uh..."

Zeiss tries to focus, his spirit clearly distracted by something else, while Z pilots the ship.

"Did I forget the Bloodied Flock edict? No. In fact, I've tried to forget it, since it was taught to me by an organization that decided that the best way for me to repay what I stole was to work for them. While I agree that the crime of theft must be punished, the cargo I stole wasn't worth the lives of the 124 people I killed during my tenure as an assassin. And yes, I'm partially to blame for those assassinations."

He starts to count on his hand. He's at two fingers.

"Now, I know you didn't ask me the second question, but I will also answer it; no, you should definitely keep helping people, just not through this conglomerate of yours; it's called the Dominion, is it? That's already a shady name, just like 'Bloodied Flock'. Sounds like they're set on dominating everyone. Also, the Vyeotians have to be part of it for you to be here, so that's immediately a big negative for the Dominion, since one of their 'state' members is partially responsible for the crisis this continent is embroiled in."

Three fingers.

"We're not telling you're an accomplice to crimes. What we're saying is that you're unknowingly helping an organization that has committed unspeakable crimes, which makes you a victim. Crimes against who? 29 millions of people."

Four fingers.

"What was it again? Ah, right, complacence. We have not been complacent. We have funded relief efforts to help the Stonehold  and human refugees, and gave them jobs; hell, I got a human from Hlaalu as one of my most trusted managers. We have built the Exchange with the hope that we could help even more people. I admit that I am also doing this for my own self-interest, but unlike certain organizations, I won't resort to mass murder to achieve my goals. Some honest mistakes were made along the way, but mistakes they were, and we've been trying to fix them. And right now, we are freaking terrified, just like we were when the Tumeroks threatened to kill us, despite the fact that we are official emissaries of Aluvia. Complacency is a luxury many people can't afford in these times."

He pauses, realizing something.

"Oh, right. Here's the proof that the High Queen has sent us as her ambassadors." He shows her said proof (the GM hasn't told us what it was exactly). "Usually, that would grant us diplomatic immunity, but I don't think the Tumeroks understand, or care. We wanted to negotiate peace with them, but like I explained, we became so scared that we could only cast a spell to distract them while we used an Exit materia to escape. Death threats have a tendency to do that to people. Also..." He takes out a familiar eight-sided gem. "Recognize this? It's a communicator from the Eleven. Maybe you trust their opinion? Because they flat-out told us the Vyeotians were the enemies of all the people on Dereth."

Zeiss puts the communicator back in one of his pockets. He starts counting with his hand again. Five fingers now.

"Last point; what if the Tumeroks go to war because of us? I actually have no idea if they would. They said they wanted to live in peace, but we did attack them. I don't think you should leave us to die though, since we're kind of your friends, people who can see past what you really are... and we really want to live. So how about we find a way for all of us to leave this place, preferably in one piece, then go somewhere nice to have tea?"

Kolson only:

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:31 am

Zeiss only:

Kolson sounds profoundly tired as he wipes away one of the many tears that begin spilling freely from his eyes. "Crimes against us all Z. We small people that dare to dream our little dreams, of peace and industry, free of tyranny and regret. But what room is there for us, when Giants rule the day? Uncaring, unceasing, the sun a distant memory of a dream half remembered. For what place is left, when heroes won't stand tall?

Z, the Vyeotians told them to invade this land. They planted them here on purpose. It destabilized the entire continent. They then used them to trick the humans and the Tuskers into accepting deals from them. This isn't something I'm making up. The entire war is their fault. Yes, others have taken advantage of it. Yes, it was probably going to happen anyway due to what I'm sure are the other dozen shadowy organizations the Vyeotians are fighting  as we speak. So what? Do we argue about how much more fire the bedroom is in when the entire house is ablaze? No! Their crimes are their own. Just like what the Tumeroks did in their name. Just like they'll do with or without us. I'm not responsible for the choices other people make unless they say I am by joining any friendship, alliance or organization I create. If I decide to join them, to take their causes as my own as you have, then yes, I would be 100% responsible for anything they did after I joined them. This isn't some game. You aren't on the sidelines. Your preference for pretending your away and above it all doesn't make it so. Zeriel, your time in the shadows is over. Now is the time to stand tall. Why don't you see that?
"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:57 pm

Zeriel makes no response to either impassioned response. She brings the vehicle to a sudden halt then lets it descend more slowly until you feel a slight jar and the vehicle stops moving. She removes two small jangling metal objects, tucks them into her bag and opens the door that you entered from.

Cue the GM to describe the welcome scene.
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:56 pm

Waiting before the small airship is a large number of smaller golems, with none of the larger 'main' ones visible. Almost universally these golems are identical, with two large obviously cannon-looking devices instead of arms. It's especially obvious as all of them have them raised in readiness, though none have fired. When the three depart the craft the swarm shifts back to make additional, unnecessary room. There are two confused looking pokemon standing there.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Zeiss sighs, and then approaches the two pokemon. He takes the Togepi in his arms while Kolson does the same with the Pikachu. "You okay? Come here now."

He pets the little pokemon, and hands her over to Z.

"You take her out of here when everything is over."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:07 am

"Yes. I can't imagine the Tumerok people knowing the first thing about taking care of anyone or anything. From what I see they need and make nothing. Why would they take any pleasure in the companionship and responsibility of a pokemon?" He makes sure the golems can hear him. He hands over the Pikachu to Z.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:28 pm

A voice, seemingly emitting from every golem simultaneously, picks up. "We are uncertain as to how best to proceed. With refusal to communicate and unclear intentions, we are inclined to dispatch the invaders to those of their kind." A brief pause. "Does the representative have any advice on this matter? We were told you would be of clarification."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:34 pm

Zeiss looks at Kolson with confusion.

"Refusal to communicate? And here we thought it was the other way around..."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:52 pm

Kolson shrugs. "Don't look at me. It's been nothing but green skies and dogs living with cats since we got here. If they really wanted to talk perhaps THEY SHOULDN'T THREATEN PEOPLE FOR NO REASON RIGHT TO THEIR FACES! JUST SAYING!"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:05 pm

Zeriel says to Zeiss and Kolson in a sharp curt tone, "Anything you say here will only be further damaging to these negotiations.  I suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself from here on out."

She then steps forward to address The Tumerok, pauses for a brief moment, takes a deep breath, and continues, "I feel it necessary to let it be known that I am acquainted with the two invaders from previous interactions, and, while I may be biased toward these two, I will do my utmost to advise you on this regard in a neutral manner.  Like myself, these two do not have the ability to communicate with You directly.  From what I gather having spoken with them on the way here, their lack of communication is due to this inability and and ignorance on their part of your ways.  They arrived here by request of their nation, Aluvia, in an attempt to open lines of communication with the tumerok to establish a political relationship.  This would be similar to the relationship previously created between you and the masters.  They, however, were unaware of your physiological, cultural, and societal differences.  As such, the situation quickly escalated beyond the ability to bring clarity, and thus required my services."

Another slight pause and deep breath and she continues, "Now, while it is an insult for a country to attempt to establish negotiations without first understanding the peoples with whom they want to negotiate, Your actions, as The Tumerok, in refusing to allow communication with groups other than the masters, has directly led to this situation.  By which I mean, it is Your actions which are the underlying cause of this conflict.  These two were unable to acquire the knowledge of The Tumerok, much less, know that it was with The Tumerok that they needed to negotiate.  I am not saying that You are in the wrong for having done so.  I am merely saying that they," she gestures to Zeiss and Kolson without turning to look at them, "are not in the wholly wrong in their actions."

She shoots Zeiss and Kolson a warning glance before continuing, "Following these deductions, it is my advise that You further your knowledge of the nations outside of this zone through an activity called trade.  Trade is one of the forms a political relationship can take.  It is the exchange of goods and services for the mutual benefit of two or more parties.  This would allow you to not only maintain the land that you have acquired, but to develop it in such a way that Your people could develop their own culture and identity.  In other words, trade is a tool You can use to end the current stagnation in which You and Your people have found yourself and continue your growth."

She gives a slight pause to let that information digest and then continues, "There is one small issue with this suggestion though.  When You acquired this land, many people were displaced from land they had once called home.  Others were permanently separated from their loved ones who had fled outside the zone.  In the areas outside the zone, it is a common belief that the tumerok slaughtered these people.  As such, most people are of the mindset that the tumerok are inhumane monsters with no honor.  This skewed version of history will likely dampen efforts to form trade relationships, until the reputation of the tumerok, as a people, can be repaired.  My suggestion would be to allow the first steps of trade relations to be taken with allies of the masters, who will be more understanding of the situation.  This adviser would be happy to assist you in both the establishment of such a relationship, as well as, the creation of goods or services which could be used in such an exchange.  May I have Your thoughts, that we might continue to achieve clarification?"
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:31 pm

There is a fairly large pause period before the voice from everywhere returns. "We have agreed that the idea of new activities is something appealing. The Tumerok agrees with the concept of engaging in trade activities with the representatives and are prepared to blank slate previous data regarding interactions." A pause. "Will these two be capable of facilitating trade with the masters without proper designation?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5