The Tumerok Encounter

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Kolson on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:38 pm

OOC:
Oh my God, LOL! Brilliant! Perfect! It explains so much!
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:55 pm

The elves look at each other. Kolson is the one who speaks up this time.

"We would like to answer that question, but we would need to pull out something out of our bag. Will you let us?"

If the giant golem agrees, Kolson will gesture at Zeiss, who will then reach into his bag of holding to present the gift they brought with them.

"This is a strawberry cake," explains Kolson. "We eat it to sustain ourselves, and enjoy its taste. It is ours, but we are giving it to you. It is yours now."

OOC:
There are so many implications in that line of theirs. :O

Also, giving out a gift, like true Aluvians.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:53 pm

"I am aware of what food is." There's a pause. The giant's hand is, clearly, far too big to grasp the cake but without moving it seems to direct one of the smaller golems over; a squat, spindly thing with grasping hands that grabs it. "What do you demand in return for this cake of strawberry?"

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:07 pm

"Well, it was a gift," explains Kolson. "Do people always demand something in exchange for giving you a gift?"
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:16 am

"The concept of a trade is understood," the golem affirms. "By giving you are attesting to desiring another deal. Sadly for you, I doubt the masters have any interest in future deals."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:39 am

"That's a shame", admits Zeiss. "Although, we are not here only to trade; we also wish for our nation, and the other nations of this continent, to engage on a diplomatic level with your 'organisation'. We have actually been invested with the authority to speak on behalf of the nation of Aluvia. If possible, we would like to be given the chance to directly interact with your masters to convince them of doing that. If nothing else," he presents the Togepi who is happily wiggling around, "they would have the chance to meet this awesome pokemon of happiness."


Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:25 am

There is an exceptionally long silence. "If you wish to see the masters, they can be summoned." You get the impression he has no concept of what you're talking about really.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:24 pm

"Oh, then let's do that," says Zeiss, who immediately realizes he just talked in a casual tone. "I mean, please summon the masters."

While they wait for the masters, Kolson will look up at the giant golem and ask, "So, what do we call you?"
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:49 pm

The creature gives no indication that it heard you or indeed even cared, but after a moment it says, "I am Palagura." A pause. "I do not have a Clan name yet."

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:24 pm

Might as well have a conversation before the masters come to decide our fate, thinks Zeiss.

"I see you're familiar with the concept of clan names. Well, it's nice to make your acquaintance, Palagura. My name is Zeiss of Dreamkeeper, and this is Kolson Wezrae. Do you choose which clan name to take for yourself, or is it given to you? And if so, by who?"

Once the golem has given its answer, Zeiss will ask another question.

"So, I've been wondering something since we've arrived here; why aren't we dead yet? Or even 'incarcerated'? We mean no disrespect, but we could only assume that your people were the ones who 'invaded" Aphus Lassel, and 'enslaved' the population of Vessayen Lassel. Were we mistaken?"

If the golem doesn't recognize the names of the islands, Zeiss will point out in the general direction of the Fire and Earth Lay Lines.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:19 pm

It occurs to you that it is May 10th right now.

"We are given a Clan name per our chosen vocation, of course. I am not in rotation right now, and thus lack a Clan name."

"Policies have changed per the Masters, from seven days ago. Though our borders are still patrolled zealously from encroachers."

He has never heard of Aphus or Vesayen Lassels, and even if directed will have no idea what you're talking about.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:03 am

Kolson asks, "If you are not in rotation right now, then what are you doing?"

As for Zeiss, he asks, "What caused this change of policies?"

One these questions have been answered, we are ready to wait for the masters to show up.

OOC:
Me and Kolson have an idea what might have caused this, but this is OOC knowledge. So we ask.

Also, Arch, if the Tumeroks do agree to info dump us about their culture and current situation, why not do a Primus Lore video about them instead? Hitting two birds with one stone. Saves time for you.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:24 pm

In response to Kolson, "I am retired, of course." In response to Zeiss, "Our contract was completed, so the Masters informed us that we had been freed to do as we saw fit, per the terms."

It will be not much longer before the voice pipes up. It occurs to you for the first time that you're not sure if you're talking to something male, female, or neither, as the voice is rather grating and filtered, as if speaking through granite. "The Masters have finished their deliberations on what to do with you and have decided that, for the moment, death will be spared in favor of talking. Follow me." The massive golem turns, surprisingly quickly for its size, and starts thundering eastwards. The small army around it slowly encompasses Kolson and Zeiss, giving them just enough room to walk without being stepped on and marching along east.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:02 pm

Kolson and Zeiss, happy to learn they're not going to die, yet, obediently follow the golem.

We'll keep an eye for any other landmark or types of golems we haven't seen before.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm

It's fairly difficult to see much of anything actually, being totally surrounded by an entire army of varying golems. The noise is so intense it's actually difficult to talk amongst each other as well. Fortunately it's only a few hours trip before the sea of metal suddenly stills and parts, allowing a path outwards.

Once towards the outer edges of the army, the two start to see the sight of a city that is in far better condition than the one you left, but still pockmarked with craters and cracked walls here and there. It also has no visible streets nor otherwise space in between the buildings left uncovered by large, alien looking metallic buildings. The majority are all the similarly unpainted metal grey, though on occasion neat lines of yellow or white adorn certain structures.

At the moment the two are being escorted towards a fairly large looking facility straight ahead. It takes them a moment to realize that their large golem friend is not with them, instead simply several of the smaller ones.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Zeiss and Kolson are amazed by the sight of this alien scenery, and keep looking for traces of magic or the elements in any of their structures. And that smell. How's that smell like? Anything strange about it?

Other than that, the party keeps following the small golems.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:29 pm

Odd scents permeate the air. Ozone scents, metallic scents, oily scents. Ahead, the two slowly come to the dreadful realization that they are being lead towards massive golems like the earlier speaking one. They are all waiting near the larger building you are being hoarded towards. They turn towards you one by one and wait silently.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:06 pm

We wave nervously at the giant golems as we pass by them, holding the pokemon with our other arm. Might as well be polite.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:02 pm

There is an exceptionally long pause before one of them prompts you to speak, to explain why you have invaded what is theirs and if your lives should be spared.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 pm

"We have come to initiate a peaceful exchange of dialogue between your people, who we have come to designate for the last thirty years as the Tumeroks , and the nation of Aluvia, which we officially represent."

Zeiss presents them the proof that they are ambassadors.

"We're sorry to have invaded what is yours, but we had found no other way to establish contact with you, and we felt it was urgent that we do so because of the far-reaching consequences of your "arrival" on this continent, thirty years ago, which was perceived by all other nations as an invasion of what was once ours. As a result, this has caused very deep changes in our society, and Aluvia has since then begun a costly process of militarization, in the hope of one day gaining the power necessary to repel any further invasion on your part. To sustain this process, Aluvia has had to go war against one other nation to conquer its territory and absorb its resources, which in turn caused a faction within our country to rebel against the current leaders, thus leading to a civil war. This is only a glimpse of all the crises this continent is embroiled in, and some of them have been caused by the arrival of your people, whether it was intentional or not."

He takes a breath, hoping they haven't taken offense to his speech.

"Me and my companion are emissaries of peace, and to achieve peace, we believe your people first have to join the international community. Until you do, the nations of this world will continue to believe your people wish to take what is ours."

OOC:
Burn one use of my Orator ability, Peruasion?
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:01 pm

There is another considerable pause as the giant golems converse silently between themselves. A tumbleweed blows quietly past the two as they wait.

Finally, several silent minutes later, one of the creatures speaks. "You seek contracts with the Tumerok for the future. What kind of contracts do you seek?"

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:48 pm

The Pikachu and the Togepi chase after the tumbleweed, working together to subjugate it.

Zeiss notices the usage of singular when the word "Tumerok" is pronounced. He is also a little taken aback by their reply, but decides to go along with it.

"What kind of contracts do you offer, and how small or large of a scale can they be? And what would be asked of us in exchange?"

We await their answer, then ask, "What kind of contract did Palagura have?"
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:54 pm

There is an obvious tone of confusion. "Do you not have a contract ready?" And, shortly thereafter, "Why would Palagura have a contract?"

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:24 pm

OOC:
Me and Kolson had a chat, and oh God, we hope we're wrong about what the Tumeroks actually are. Let's try it.

"Me and my companion need to confer. We will use a communication device that will allow us to speak privately. Please be patient."

They proceed to use the device that Kolson weaved for that purpose. After a few minutes, they've come to a decision.

"We believe there has been a misunderstanding. Please ignore that request we made to make a contract, for now. Instead, could you list off all the possible ways we can interact with the Tumerok?"
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:11 pm

OOC:
The GM is sad he doesn't get to see that chat. The GM also needs to consider something very carefully, as he does not want his players to... uh, cease to be playable.


_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum