The Tumerok Encounter

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:21 pm

OOC:
Zeiss, you have the ability to take an action in reaction to the golems moving.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:33 pm

OOC:
Moving in which direction?

If talking is a free action, I'll ask, "Have you reached a decision?"

Otherwise, just ignore that.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:57 pm

There is, of course, no response. And moving towards you.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:31 pm

OOC:
I talked with Kolson, and we decided, screw it. If we die, we die.

Advoc activates his Desperation attack, targeted at the moving golem first.

Use Exit materia first, and the Eleven communicator immediately after that. Kolson might do something if the "distraction" gives him an action.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:46 pm

Advoc burns into the golems while Zeiss realizes he can Exit or use the communicator, not both. This is a reaction, not an action.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:01 pm

Exit it is.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:10 pm

Advoc is immediately blown away by several dozen red and black beams of harsh death. For fun, the GM rolled the damage; it totalled about 8,651. Advoc's death is so jarring that Zeiss will be unable to Summon for about a week.

Zeiss casts Exit.

Moments later the two blink, unaware of where they are. After a moment's thought they realize they are in a ruined, pristine city; a different one than the previous one. There are sounds of machinery around, and the instant they arrive alarms start blaring.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:13 pm

Immediately uses the Eleven's communicator. Probably won't work, but first thing that comes to mind.

Looks around for escape routes too, for all the good it does.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:17 pm

The communicator beeps, but no one speaks from it.

You hear the sounds of a metal army stampeding your way.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:54 pm

Zeiss used his Air Vent power to bring him and Kolson atop a ruined building to attempt to contact the Eleven once again. This time, any hope of escape seemed impossible, which is why Kolson suggested they use the 8-sided communicator to transmit the knowledge they just gained; that the Vyeotians are the true culprits behind the Tumerok invasion, and that they have now a Tusker army under their command. If nothing else, this last act of defiance may one day save the continent from the Vyeotians' tyranny. Of course, Kolson couldn't resist and added one other thing.

"Before we go, I just want the Eleven to know I always hated them. They are the least helpful people I have ever met and that includes the Tumerocks that will kill us shortly. If you know where my sister is, tell her I said hello."

Zeiss resigned himself, and said, "I just feel bad for the Togepi and the Pikachu we left behind."

Just as they prepared themselves for one last battle, a small passenger airship came into view, right in front of them. On board was Z, the one and only.  Zeiss didn't lose any time and dragged Kolson into the airship. The red mage was so happy, he tried to hug their savior, but his roguish friend quickly put an end to that.

"Not now!" he told him. "Let her fly!"

"Oh, right," realized Kolson.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:11 pm

OOC:
Just a heads up, I'm waiting until Sis can post to sort of synch this up a bit. And she's super busy with RL stuff so this is going to be on pause until then.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:22 pm

OOC:
Don't worry about it. Tell her we said hi.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Kolson on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:25 am

OOC:
Yeah. No worries. Even Xahn, as amazing as she is, can't do everything all the time.


Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:40 am

OOC:
Oh, if Xahn prefers to do that roleplay in Steam chat, just tell her we can also do that, and I'll just copy paste the in-character bits on the forum. I've done that multiple times for the adventures I'm running, so it's no biggie for me. Just a suggestion.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Z on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:27 pm

Zeriel whips the craft into position near the top of the building the two men are standing atop. A holding door opens and Zeriel yells out;

"You just couldn't wait patiently at the last place could you.  Do you know how frustrating it is to get this thing to turn 180° at top speeds?!?! I nearly crashed into a slightly taller piece of wreckage!"


Last edited by Z on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:42 pm

OOC:
Me and Kolson had already roleplayed a bit of that encounter, so I'll just rewrite what we did last time. Also, if I ever write Kolson's actions or dialogue, it's because we discussed it beforehand on Steam chat.

Kolson's jaw drops. "Z!?"

Zeiss doesn't waste any time, and drags Kolson by the arm into the small airship. The red mage is so relieved to see her, he just goes for a hug, but Zeiss stops him.

"Later!" he almost shouts. "Let her drive!"

"Oh right," replies Kolson, just realizing how grave the situation still is.

"Zeriel! Uh, no, Z. Whatever! Just get us out of here!"

The two men are visibly panicked.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Z on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:31 pm

Zeril pulls the craft up to a slightly higher elevation then sets it to hoover and turns back to the two behind her.  

"So do you want to tell me how we ended up in this situation?"
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Kolson on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:13 pm

"We came to Dryreach to see if we could make contact with the Tumeroks, with the express intent of making a non-aggression treaty between them and Aluvia. Suffice it to say, negotiations have broken down. Though in hindsight I don't think we really had much of a chance for success. They are cat's paws for the Vyeotians, planted here to destabilize the continent and with their deal coming to an end due to deals the Vyeotians have made with the Tuskers, I think they are trying to play the field a little. See what they can get. Or perhaps they are looking for recognition. I think they are a little insecure, even with all their might. Maybe something left over from their previous unaltered forms?

Kolson shrugs, "Either way, they don't respect anything but strength and they see us as strictly inferior."

Arch:
Only tangentially related but how many people did the Tumerok's kill when they invaded Dryreach?
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Archengeia on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:37 pm

Kolson could only estimate the losses, as in the chaos so many were considered 'lost' thanks to people being misplaced. The count was in the 29 million range though.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:39 pm

Zeiss' jaw drops as he listens to Kolson calmly summarizes what they've just learned. Once the red mage is done, he slowly raises a finger, and begins to talk in a hurried tone.

"I'm sorry for interrupting this fascinating lesson on the Vyeotians' evil machinations, but might I remind you that we are still in the Dryreach Zone. Because of the Tumeroks' defenses, the Exit spell doesn't work, and their armies are on high alert, ready to track us down and disintegrate us out of existence with their ray beams of doom. So please, keep talking."
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Z on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:54 pm

Zeriel listens, shaking her head while Kolson explains. When Kolson finishes she returns,

"Tumeroks don't negotiate.  They have a... monarchical system of sorts, but the... king, The Tumerok, doesn't hold negotiations with just anyone much less in the middle of nowhere.  What you two succeeded in doing is pissing off the castle guard.  Then you attacked them and THEN you ran away.  They reached out to someone who pulled a favor to send me in, since you know me and by their measure would trust me, to negotiate with The Tumerok to help them decide what to do with their prisoners, you."

Roll a 19 or higher to view:
And then under her breath, "Not that you're making it any easier."
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Zeiss on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:03 pm

Zeiss leans on Kolson to whisper in his ear, just loud enough so Z can hear too. "I think that means we're still screwed."

He coughs, then asks Z, "So what horrible fate awaits us? Do we get a choice between any of the possibilities?"
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Z on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:18 pm

Zeriel rolls her eyes at Zeiss' comment and waits for Kolson's reply. If it wasn't for the fact that Kolson was here she'd have much rather tutored the tumerok in the ways of a "fair trial by jury" and then watched the fun as Zeiss tried to defend himself in a culture he clearly hadn't even tried to understand.
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Kolson on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:36 pm

"Z, what the hell do you mean we are still prisoners? What have you gotten yourself into?"
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Z on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:53 pm

Zeiss wrote:"I'm sorry for interrupting this fascinating lesson on the Vyeotians' evil machinations, but might I remind you that we are still in the Dryreach Zone. Because of the Tumeroks' defenses, the Exit spell doesn't work, and their armies are on high alert, ready to track us down and disintegrate us out of existence with their ray beams of doom. So please, keep talking."
ooc: sorry didn't see this earlier


Zeriel pauses for a moment before replying trying to decide whether to answer Zeiss or Kolson first. Then deciding that the answer is the same for both continues,

"I was asked to come in to counsel The Tumerok on how to handle prisoners among other issues of state that they were unsure of how to handle. Technically, I am your jailer currently. After getting here and hearing how the tumeroks took your... negotiations and learning of The Tumerok's inability to formulate a response, quite frankly I'm not sure what I can do to help you. I mean I could just tell them that I will deal with you..."

She trails off brows furrowed then resumes,

"Regardless as long as you stay on this ship with me, we should not be attacked. Ground bound though, they'll kill you two on site. However, I need to head back over to the prison site to pick up two small creatures that were left in your sudden departure."

She turns back to the controls and resumes piloting the craft.
avatar
Z

Posts : 892
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tumerok Encounter

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum