Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

4 posters

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women - Page 5 Empty Re: 2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

Post by Kolson Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:16 am

"I don't know, I've never found exchanges with her all that effective. She's clever enough for it by far but she rarely puts up with nonsense, much less that kind. You'd be better off making non sequitur sex jokes at random times. You won't get her often, but you can occasionally catch her off guard and then her face scrunches up while her brain tries to catch up. Sometimes she'll blush too. It's very cute actually."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women - Page 5 Empty Re: 2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

Post by Rory Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:40 pm

"On second thought, I think I'll leave the 'teasing' to the expert over here."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Just as Zelk was readying an apt retort, one of the two large doors opens up to reveal a middle-aged woman. She is wearing a clear-cut butler uniform, all in black and white, and her facial expression goes for mild surprise to quiet rejoice when she looks at the party.

"Miss Zelk," she says softly. "We were wondering whether you would show up or not."

"Hello Gwen," replies the black mage with an almost imperceptible smile. "I would have written, but work got in the way. My companions here need a place to stay for a few nights. Except him," she gestures at Konrad. "He's crashing at a friend's place."

"I see. Well- wait, is this a fairy?"

"Hi!" happily answers Breeze, waving at the butler. "I'm Breeze! How are you?"

"...I am doing very well. And you?"

"Banzai!"

Gwen lets out a chuckle, but suddenly remembers her manners. "Oh, please forgive me," she tells them, then steps aside. "Please, enter. As for tonight, I will tell Erwin to prepare the guest rooms, so there is no need to worry."

Once the party members have entered the manor, they find themselves in a lobby 11 meters large and 13 meters long. There are two large paintings hanging on the opposite sides of the walls, and the floor seems to be made of marble.

"The cloak room is on your left," says Gwen. "The parlor is on your right. Please, make yourselves comfortable. I will inform Mister Freeron of your arrival."

"Thank you," replies Zelk.

The butler respectfully bows, turns around, then walks towards the doors situated at the end of the lobby. As she closes one of the doors behind her, you catch a glimpse of the huge stairs that are in the other room.

"...That's bigger than what I thought it would be," comments Fedler. "Much bigger."

"So many fairies could live here!" exclaims Breeze, her mouth wide-open.

Last edited by Zeiss on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:16 pm

"They..." - he manages to Fedler, as he's taking the measurements in his head - "Could fit your house in here."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:28 pm

"Have you known Gwen for a while then?" Steve asks Zelk.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:36 pm

To Mihai's comment, Fedler responds with, "Almost all of it, yes." She's a little awestruck.

Zelk listens to Steve's question, and replies, "For a little over ten years. She has been working for my grandfather for as long as I've lived. Oh, don't forget to take off your shoes," she adds while approaching the archway that leads to the cloak room, which is almost as large as the lobby. "Each locker has sandals you can put on if you don't want to walk around in your socks."

"Are there fairies shoes?" asks Breeze.

"...Not yet. I'll have to tell my grandfather about it. But you're always flying, so you should be okay."

"What about my bow?" inquires Fedler.

"Yes, you can leave it there too."

"Don't mind if I do."

Fedler enters the cloak room alongside Zelk. Breeze stays in the lobby to admire one of the paintings, which appears to be depicting the ocean flooding a valley.

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:51 pm

Mihai enters the cloak room as well, and... what a shock, it's only slightly smaller than the lobby. He unfastens Waterglass' harness and takes the sheath in his hand, then goes to hang his stuff.

"What does your grandfather do, Zelk?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:03 am

Konrad, when he's fingered-out from the group, flashes a grin and bows his head slightly. Introductions are for the lord of the manor, I take it? Very well.

"'Take off your shoes' in the - there, 'take off your shoes here,'" he pouts while following to the cloak room, smoothly avoiding mention of the monastery. "I like my boots."

He fetches a pair of sandals for himself after hanging his cloak and putting his sword down. Boots off, crappy street-slippers on. "Better than nothing, I guess."

Konrad checks out the paintings once he's back in the lobby, and frowns. He turns around and looks at the other painting...

Diplomacy
Gain disposition with butler

Intelligence (Appraise)
Paintings
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:52 am

Steve exchanges his boots for sandals. "If your grandfather doesn't insist on doing it I'd love a tour of the house to look at the paintings and other works of art. I've never seen so many outside of the Citadel."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:23 am

To Mihai's question, Zelk replies, "You already know he's a merchant. Well, he's more of an investor now. He owns many inland caravans, and many shops all across the east coast."

As she changes her boots for the sandals, she listens to Steve's question. "I'm sure he'd be happy to if you asked him. No reason to be shy around him."

She then goes back to the lobby. Fedler does the same after taking her cloak and boots off, and laying her bow against her wooden locker.

After a short moment, Konrad realizes the sandals are as comfortable as his boots, if not more. Maybe as expensive as them too.

The painting which depicts the ocean advancing into the valley, while a storms is raging on, clearly represents the Flood. The other painting, which Breeze is examining attentively, depicts a naval fleet assaulting a fortified city. Built on top of a cliff stands a large fortress from which mages are shooting fireballs and other magical projectiles at the ships floating below them. This is a representation of battle between the Empire and the Citadel that happened two hundred years ago, during the war that preludes the apparition of the Dome.

"Oh!" exclaims the blue-haired girl. "Look Wildfire! It's where Yen is living!"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:36 am

"Hmm..." - he ponders, after hearing Zelk.

He hangs his coat, and Waterglass leaning just under it, with the Knife hung on the greatsword's handle. After putting on the most expensive sandals he's ever seen, he walks back out onto the lobby.

He narrows his eyes at the painting depicting the flood, his expression becoming slightly more severe. But it's when he hears Breeze's comment about the Citadel that his mood becomes noticeably somber for a moment.

Last edited by K on Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:52 am

[I thought it might be the Flood. Ergo, frowny-face.]

"This is a sad picture. Heh, does he want to meet everyone who visits when they are in tears?"

He walks over to the other painting. "Hmm. This guy's a history buff. Or just really hates the Empire. Him and everyone in the Archipelago, at that. Or maybe this all about magic? Is your grandfather a mage, Zelk?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:18 am

"He isn't," answers Zelk with her usual stoic tone. She stands beside him to look at the painting. "My grandfather believes that we must learn from our past before we can plan for the future. These two events shaped the world as we know it today, which is why he put those paintings in the lobby. If you go into his gallery, you'll see fictional landscapes of what the future could be." She observes the picture in silence. "I've never been much into art, so I can only repeat what he told me."

"I wanna see other drawings like that!" says Breeze. "It looks so real!"

"You'll get your chance," assures Fedler. "Just make sure not to touch any of them."

"Aaaww!"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:49 am

"Can't remember where i heard this, but an oil painting could take up to forty years to completely dry off." - Mihai muses at Breeze - "Watch your fingers."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:03 am

Steve joins them to look at the paintings. "Oh, I didn't know that. No wonder they had a no touch policy at the Citadel. They really are quite lovely, even if they depict sour moments."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:14 am

"That's mostly because of the salt on your hands, actually." - he adds.

Last edited by K on Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:58 am

Zeiss wrote:"He isn't," answers Zelk with her usual stoic tone. She stands beside him to look at the painting. "My grandfather believes that we must learn from our past before we can plan for the future. These two events shaped the world as we know it today, which is why he put those paintings in the lobby. If you go into his gallery, you'll see fictional landscapes of what the future could be." She observes the picture in silence. "I've never been much into art, so I can only repeat what he told me."
"History buff, then. And maybe a smart man." I've learned from the past...
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:24 pm

Everyone seems focused on the current discussion, which is why Breeze uses this opportunity to tentatively approach the painting and reach out to it with her hand. She's quickly reigned in my Fedler who picks up the blue-haired girl with two of her fingers, and gives her a stern look. The fairy innocently rubs the back of her head, and smiles. Oblivious to this, Zelk glances at the door and says, "Grandfather is taking his time. He's probably in his bed still."

She sighs.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:13 pm

"I'm going to explore. Who wants to join me? How about you, lieutenant? Any points of interest besides the gallery that I should know about?"

[Intending on visiting the lounge and the music room. And the gallery last.]
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:22 pm

"I'll just go for some air. I'm guessing there's a yard or garden or something." - then to Zelk  - "Is that alright?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:47 pm

"Can we look around? I'd love to do that."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:39 pm

This puts Zelk on the spot. She considers the situation for a second, but then quickly denies their request.

"It would be impolite to look around without his permission; it's his house after all."

She was strangely insistent on that last part, but before the others can reply, the doors open again. Gwen is back, but with the master of the house this time, and a look at his disheveled hair is enough to confirm Zelk's suspicions; he was sleeping until a few minutes ago.

"Zelk!" he exclaims before rushing to embrace his granddaughter. "Late as ever!"

"Hello grandfather," she replies, hugging him back. "I'm sorry that we woke you up."

"Learning that you've come is the best way to be woken up."

The contrast between Zelk and the old gentleman is stunning when they're side by side; while her height is slightly below average, her grandfather is pushing six feet and six inches, and he is remarkably well-built despite his age. A quick look at him and you might believe he was in his fifties, but a longer examination would be enough to estimate his age to be in the late sixties. He is wearing an elegant housecoat which he must put on when he goes to have breakfast, and like everything else in this house, it appears to be quite expensive.

"And I see you've brought some friends," he says, his eyes surveying the party members.

"Yes," confirms Zelk. "They're all part of the Coins, and we've recently been working together."

"The rest of your unit couldn't come?"

"They had other matters to attend to."

"What a shame. Is your dancing partner among them at the very least?"

Zelk sighs. "Yes. It's Steve, the one right there."

"Oh! Steve Oldturn? The devil from the Citadel?" He looks up and down the young man like you would appraise some merchandise, then asks him, "Have you slipped into her bed yet?"

"Grandfather!" she interjects with indignation.

"Oh, shush," he replies, waving her down. "Let him answer. He better says yes, considering how long you two have been clumsily flirting with each other."

Mister Freeron, who is towering over Steve due to his stature, waits for the answer while Zelk is glaring at both of them, trembling with embarrassment and indignation. Fedler is trying very hard not to laugh out loud, having to resort to bite on her inner cheek to force her mouth to stay closed. Breeze doesn't waste time with appearances, and she is openly giggling at this scene.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:03 am

Mihai notices Fedler holding back. Doesn't do anything at first. His eyes start darting around, and he finally can't resist the idea.

He inches closer to her, till he's right by her side, looking away with dumb-faced innocence. And with his arms crossed, he surreptitiously pokes to tickle her ribs right in her weak spot.

Stealth
Probably impossible to do this unnoticed, but he'd try to be as discreet as humanly as possible regardless.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:27 am

Fedler notices Mihai's approach, but she doesn't appear to suspect anything. She actually has to stifle a chuckle when she feels his fingers on her ribs, and she attempts to discretely pull away from Mihai, only for him to inch closer and poke at her again. Just before he manages to break her concentration, she quickly turns around and punches his shoulder, barely able to contain her laughter. The huge smile on her face doesn't fool anyone, but she is trying her best.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:23 am

A man after my own heart! I want to see her red in the face!

Konrad sidles up with an impish grin, pearly-whites showing as he answers for them: "Like rabbits, Mister Freeron."

He waits for some sort of reaction or response from the man before he continues. "And they're in good company," he adds, nodding at Mihai and Fedler, who are cozying up to each other at that moment.

Diplomacy
*Sings "Mean Mr. Mustard" by the Beatles*
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next