Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

4 posters

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Go down

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women - Page 6 Empty Re: 2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

Post by Zeiss Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:51 am

The old man raises a finger towards Konrad, and says, "No no no, you're spoiling all the fun right now. I want to hear it from him, and not from a second-hand source." He briefly faces Zelk. "Unless he's a firsthand witness?"

"No!" retorts the young woman.

"Then let us hear it," he continues, refocusing his attention on Steve.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women - Page 6 Empty Re: 2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

Post by Rory Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:38 am

"Not that you knew I was there," he retorts smugly to the normally ice-cold lieutenant. Addressing the lord of the mansion again, he offers, "I can relay all the dirty details if he won't..."

Deception vs Sean Freeron
Heeheeee.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:09 am

The elder man raises his finger again at Konrad, his eyes still fixed in Steve. He waits.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:39 am

"Oh." He looks back and forth between Sean and Zelk a few times and he's smiling wide by the time he speaks again. "That certainly explains a lot." He laughs. "It's a great pleasure to meet you, sir. If you must know I am with Zelk that way, yes. Though I wouldn't have put it quite like that. Well, not usually. Or lately."

Last edited by Kolson on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:06 am

Like the cat who ate the canary, Konrad gets an eyeful of Zelk's red face, who must obviously be so embarrassed that she's about to explode with shame, even if she doesn't show it.

Then he shrugs. "I think that's enough bawdy banter from me, at least until tomorrow. I cannot resist japing people of straight-laced disposition. Or rather, I 'don't'."

He clears his throat a little. "Ahem. Planning on introducing the rest of us anytime soon, miss?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:21 am

Mister Freeron strokes his chin, a contemplative expression on his face; he is probably musing over Steve's answer. Zelk isn't amused at all, and even though she is blushing, she appears more angry than embarrassed. Her irritation would usually make her rebuff Konrad's request, but her attitude changes when she hears her grandfather asks a new question.

"How long have you been working for the Coins?"

This prompts Zelk into action, and she interposes herself between her grandfather and Steve.

"That's enough for now," she says. "I'm sure you can talk to him more later. I still have to introduce you to the rest of the team."

"Oh yes, of course," agrees Mister Freeron, who then faces the whole party. "You seem like a lively bunch."

"Thank you!" replies Breeze with a thumbs up.

"You already know Steve," continues Zelk, after which she begins to gesture at the other party members, one at a time. "The one with the big mouth is Konrad Granger. The stern face is Mihai Sobotka, and beside him is Fedler Melan. The little girl floating in the air is Breeze the Fairy."

"Hi Mister Freeron!" exclaims the blue-haired girl. "Pleased to meet you!"

"Yes, and thank you for the invitation," adds Fedler with a slight bow of her head.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:28 am

"Thank you, sir." - Mihai follows suit with a slight bow of his own head

Last edited by K on Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:33 am

Konrad flourishes with a small bow. "Pleased to have your acquaintance. Apologies for going off-the-cuff, truly. Manners are important, but I have my moments, as does everyone."

Deception
Does Sean Freeron seem to recognize my name? And how much does he hate me right now?

Diplomacy
Smooth ruffled feathers w/ Zelk and her grandpa.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:05 am

Steve will take the hint and remain politely silent while the conversation moves on.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:46 am

OOC:

"No, the pleasure is mine," says the old man. "Sean Freeron, at your service. As for cutting in the middle of my conversation with my potential grandson, your apology felt so genuine, I can only forgive you for it."

Zelk's expression also seemed less harsh when Konrad apologized, and her attention is now fully on her grandfather, who decided to walk up towards the red mage.

"Hmm," he begins, examining Konrad's face and attire. "That's a nasty scar you're adorning. Were you unfortunate enough not to have access to a white mage at the time you acquired it?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:03 am

"That is an accurate assessment. I like to tell stories, but the truth is I had a very close encounter with something very, very hot, and I just had to grin and bear it. This life can be dangerous, but this was before I met any of my current team. No offense taken."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:13 am

"Forgive me, my curiosity got the better of me. You are my guests here, and as your host, I should act as such. Gwen, can you prepare the rooms?"

"Already taken care of, sir," replies the butler, who's been standing back since she returned to the lobby with her employer. "Miss Zelk asked me to arrange it, and I assumed you would accept."

A wide smile appears on Mister Freeron's face. "I'm glad to hear you take that kind of initiative Zelk."

The black mage sighs for some reason, but her grandfather doesn't take notice, and he tells the party, "Please, let me me give you a quick tour of the manor, so you know where all the rooms are. Once it's done, feel free to wander around."

He starts to walk towards the doors through which he passed through only a few minutes ago, expecting the rest of the group to follow him and his butler.

"You can visit the rest of the city, if you so desire," continues Sean Freeron. "I also hear that the beach attracts a lot of tourists. If you go there, make sure to stop at the Loyal Shark; it's a restaurant built right where earth and sand meet. Gwen?"

"I will warn the staff," she replies. Then, she tells the guests, "If you ever order a meal there, it will be on the house."

She opens the doors.

OOC:

Last edited by Zeiss on Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:22 am

Mihai will follow.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:09 pm

Steve too will follow. "Do you have time to show us your art collection, sir? From what little Zelk told us it's clear the pieces mean a lot to you."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:36 pm

Me wrote:I had a very close encounter with something very, very hot, and I just had to grin and bear it."
And later I repaid that something - someone - for her treachery three times over.

"Thank you. We will probably spend some time at the beach, and getting that free meal before it's time to turn in."

Where Konrad was previously going to browse the manse's rooms while waiting on the host, he now only stops to ask for a tour of the art room. The manse can be explored tomorrow at his leisure. "I'd like to see it too." I'd like to analyze the man behind the gallery. One can learn something about a man by looking at his taste in art and culture.

In the art room, he asks Breeze to come and look at a painting the others show little interest in, and while separated from their host, he whispers, "Does Mr. Freeron seem all right to you? No ink all over his mind?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:15 am

Steve wrote:Steve too will follow. "Do you have time to show us your art collection, sir? From what little Zelk told us it's clear the pieces mean a lot to you."
Konrad wrote:"I'd like to see it too."

"Yes, of course. It's so rare for me to be asked to comment on the pieces I bought; most people seem to assume that I buy them to show off my fortune, which is only one of the reasons really."

The group enters what is most likely the ball room, and judging by its dimensions, it must be the largest room in the whole mansion. At every five meters around the room, there is a massive pillar of white stone that supports the second floor; and the ceiling, which goes up all the way to the roof, has a map of the Archipelago painted all over it. If one of the party members look down, they'll see that they are walking on marble, just like in the lobby. Grandpa Freeron happily explains that the first floor is usually open for the guests who come for special occasions such as the ball, and the second floor is reserved for the family and close friends. Your group belongs to the latter, of course, and you are invited to explore all of it except the Master's room and his office.

After bringing them to the gallery, he graciously offers the party members to discuss about whichever piece of art they're interested in. Most are oil paintings depicting realistic scenes, such as an old white mage of the Lorinthian army healing a wounded soldier whose uniform amounts to a chainmail worn under a brown shirt and a damaged iron helmet on his head; another painting depicts two fleets battling against each other while the Dome materializes in the background. There are also a few statues in the gallery, most of which are busts, but there's also a life-size sculpture of Deremonda in monk clothes - and her appearance is astonishingly close to Faith's. Two objects that stand out; a immaculate sword, and a strange apparatus whose function is unknown. Breeze immediately sets her eyes on the life-size statue.

"Look, look!" she gleefully shouts. "It's Faith!"

She zooms through the air to examine the statue more closely. When Konrad approaches her to ask his question, she turns to him and answers, "Oh, don't worry, grandpa Freeron is completely normal. But look at that! It's like Faith, but with a smaller bust!"

OOC:

Last edited by Zeiss on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:41 am

"C'mon, Breeze." - Mihai casually admonishes - "You know she doesn't like the attention."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:46 am

"Why don't we start with the paintings? What is this one with the white mage and why did you buy it?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:21 am

K wrote:"C'mon, Breeze." - Mihai casually admonishes - "You know she doesn't like the attention."
"Heh, I think that's for Ms. Deremonda to decide, and the owner of her expensive 3D portrait."

Zeiss wrote:When Konrad approaches her to ask his question, she turns to him and answers, "Oh, don't worry, grandpa Freeron is completely normal. But look at that! It's like Faith, but with a smaller bust!"
He whispers back, "Remember, I need you to come with me to meet Aemilia to make sure she's fine as well."

"Yes, it's almost an exact likeness - or perhaps the other way around,"
Konrad comments. "Probably just the sculptor's intent to draw immature gaze away from the statue's endowment, although shouldn't that be true of every likeness created of Deremonda?" he ponders, thinking back to the painting Kolson told them about. And the sentient construct they met on Nomad Cove. "Save for some other...well, they'd be 'art' in name only."

"That is an amazing map you have up there, sir. Too bad I can't roll it up and stick it in my pocket!" Konrad jests. "Paintings of the war with the Empire seem to dominate your collection, though. Your granddaughter once told me that we must learn from the past if we are to plan for the future... So, how is it you would like the Archipelago to learn from the war - or 'wars' - with the Empire?"

Saving for later:

Deception
Impress upon him some confirmation that whatever he taught Zelk, she has been listening to her grandfather's wisdom.

Last edited by Rory on Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:27 am

Rory wrote:"We'll meet up later for lunch at noon at the Loyal Shark, and maybe go for a swim."

"Just meet us back here, and we'll decide then."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:52 am

OOC:
Konrad wrote:"Heh, I think that's for Ms. Deremonda to decide, and the owner of her expensive 3D portrait."

Breeze leans in to whisper to Konrad. "Oh! I think Mihai meant that we shouldn't talk about the mission."

She turns around to look at Zelk, who is glaring back at the fairy.

"Yeah, definitely shouldn't."

Steve wrote:"Why don't we start with the paintings? What is this one with the white mage and why did you buy it?"

Mister Freeron is pleased to hear someone is interested. "This depicts a mage from Lorinth healing a warrior from Myr. It represents the hope that one day, the people from these two islands will learn to put aside their differences for what is really important. As for why I bought it, I think the reason is obvious."

Konrad wrote:"That is an amazing map you have up there, sir. Too bad I can't roll it up and stick it in my pocket!" Konrad jests. "Paintings of the war with the Empire seem to dominate your collection, though. Your granddaughter once told me that we must learn from the past if we are to plan for the future... So, how is it you would like the Archipelago to learn from the war - or 'wars' - with the Empire?"

Mister Freeron smiles. "I only have one painting depicting the war against the Empire, and it's the one hanging in the lobby. Look closer," he says while pointing at the painting depicting a battle between two fleets and the Dome materializing in the distance. "You might notice something."

If Konrad looks closer, he'll see that the two fleets are carrying the colors of the Free Feathers and the Lofell Republic respectively, countries that had already signed a non-agression pact by the time the Dome appeared.

Sean Freeron waits to see if anyone can figure it out.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:44 am

Steve joins Konrad and Sean at the dome painting. "So it continues the theme of unity right? A warning about selfish interests leading to conflict."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:59 am

OOC
War...war never changes. Eh, give me an Intelligence check.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:41 pm

OOC:

"Yes, you're right," confirms grandpa Freeron. "But there's just one detail missing concerning this painting. It's small, but it's an important one."

Zelk smirks. "It actually took me a year to figure it out."

"But you eventually did."

"I'm warning you; if they can't make a good guess, I'm telling them."

"I suppose it's only fair. No hint though."

"I already gave them one, back in the lobby."

"Oh, now I gotta figure it out!" firmly declares Breeze.

She gets closer to the painting and starts to examine it.

"No touching," warns Fedler.

"I know!"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:33 pm

"Well, in that case the painting concerns the future. The nations are in a cold war as we speak, with the Coins and the other merc companies in a proxy war with each other over largely political grievances. But that's a delicate balance. If open war were to ever come to the Free Lands, we may find ourselves divided in the face of a greater enemy, which is what I assume the Dome dissolving represents? I don't think it's literal since we know almost nothing about the anything or anyone that might live there now."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next