May 16th

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:38 pm

Rory gets four Endurance potions. For some reason, he doesn't think trying to gain the shopkeeper's silence will be useful.

"Nothing else for us here," Rory whispers. "They're probably listening. Might even be Scanning. Follow my lead."

Assuming they have gotten what they wanted as well (not "done shopping", this is not a "shopping" trip):
He makes for the nearest manhole.

[Sewer time. We're gonna backtrack in the sewers to the entrance to the mansion. Sound good?]
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:43 pm

As it happens there's a sewer grate not overly far from the shopkeep's, out next to the edge of the street.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Essoje on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:06 pm

OOC:
Agreed. We might want to setup a quick ambush if the spy (or spies) decide to follow us into the sewers.

I mean, some answers would be welcome since all we have right now is conjectures.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:33 am

ooc:
If it's all the same to you guys, i'd much rather smoke out our tail or lure it into where it won't hold the advantage before we shove ourselves into yet another tight space where we'll be easily ambushed.

There are bound to be sparsely populated and/or open places in town where an onlooker will have a lot more trouble blending in than in a crowded market with lots of hiding spots. That or we split up and spend some time trying to spot our tail, since we can't be easily openly attacked where we are now.

Either way, i think we should deal with that problem first.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:46 pm

ooc:
Spies aren't going to follow us. They'll inform on us for the purposes of baiting or trapping us.

The day is still young. We will go somewhere sparsely populated and move down streets to see if we can spot our tail. If we get guards again, they'll be better prepared.

If Awareness picks nothing up, we head into the sewers. We go down there, apparently we'll be crouching the whole way to the mansion. Bad for fighting, not advantageous to anyone outside of plans to ambush us at the end.

So that is why I will go to sleep and change when we find our secret entrance. It'll be a tight fit, but you guys just have to stay behind me.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:05 am

After a few minutes of traveling down the busy city streets and discussing it, it slowly occurs to you that finding a tail in this is going to be a bit difficult as just about everyone is staring at your group for one reason or another. In addition to being 'that lovely group of mummers', those who haven't yet heard the news are openly staring at the exposed Javan, and at the two Humans who are quite an oddity to see in these parts.

Regardless, there are several sewer entrances you've already mapped out nearby if you choose this path. If you choose the outskirts, it'll be a few hours walk to the outer edges of town.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Essoje on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:25 pm

OOC:
Hm... we probably don't want to go too far away, but we also want to block the view of the public. We do NOT want to be seen entering the sewers by the general public. Thoughts?
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:57 pm

I have a smokestick. Is there any wind?
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:05 pm

I'm not sure about creating a cloud of smoke for the purposes of avoiding attracting attention.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Essoje on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:08 pm

OOC:
Actually, that's perfect. Great thinking Rory. The general population thinks we are entertainers, so might as well disappear from sight like they do.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:14 pm

There is a decent breeze going through the city right now.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:04 pm

ooc:
That was the idea, yes. We put up smoke over a manhole and use it as cover for our escape, that is if the wind isn't strong enough to blow it away.

Is that breeze strong enough to blow the smoke away before 10 minutes pass? SRD says "moderate or stronger" wind required to blow away the smoke in one round.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:33 pm

ooc:
Got my answer, also it's begun to SNOW here, apparently all over Dereth, try figuring that out. (No, not us, that's Their job.

Rory stands over the manhole, and shouts, "Freedom fighters, away!" and lights the smokestick. When the smoke billows up, he grabs the manhole cover and whispers to the others, "Quickly, help me with this."
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:53 pm

Higaide sighs - "I'm sure no one will ever figure out where we went." - then lets the smoke rise and lifts the manhole.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:27 am

The three manage to pass their initial Constitution rolls to avoid wretching on the spot. Both sadly and fortuitously, Thramada's sewers are of the older style, not the more modern Woven style that cities like Holtburg employ. Which means they are basically just tunnels of sewage that run off to someplace away from the city to be dealt with. This is good, because it means they can fit within. It is bad, because it is quite unpleasant.

After a few minutes waiting quietly, no one seems to be following or observing the entrance, leaving the group with tunnels in two directions. The tunnels aren't especially tall, all three will need to crouch to make it through what were once probably bricks but have since grown over with some type of green algae or mold, and Javan's wings are constantly scraping against the edges of both sides.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:17 pm

"Oh yeah..." Rory gags through his dirty tunic, "...probably should have mentioned the smell."

"They will be waiting for us, you know." He downs an Endurance potion to get back to his nimble self, in case there are any surprises along the way. "To the mansion, then. Let's go."

What are you going to do, Rory? Uh. I'm gonna punch the first guy I see, and on and on till we get what we came for. Subtlety was never your style anyway. I know. I just had to talk big. They called my bluff when they have us this job... *He* can take over. He can probably fix this for us. He can fix my mistakes. How? Do the others know your "plan"? Do they need to? They should.

ooc:
I'm taking the lead and rolling for Survival to get to the mansion. When we reach the mansion (eventually), I want to search for traps and listen for activity on the other side if I can. If we're expecting trouble right on the other side of the entrance, I'm going to change, and finally we're going to get more time with Thog.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:26 pm

Before rolling for and describing the slog, do Javan and/or Higaide want to do, talk about, or prep anything for the journey? It's going to be hours.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Essoje on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:39 pm

Javan was too engaged on attempting to keep his wings and scarf from getting bruised and/or caught on something to talk during the laborious effort to get to their destination through these sewers. Once he got his left wing caught in a wall-mounted coat hanger, and it's something he wouldn't wish to his worst enemy.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:46 am

It takes quite a while to make the trek through the sluck and the grock. More than once the group stops at the occasional entrance area, not enough to stick their heads out, but just to get a breath of slightly less horrible air. The party actually takes a wrong turn at one point, forcing a significant backtrack.

Hours later the ordeal finally ends, with Rory stopping the others as he hears reverberating snoring. Around the corner up ahead is an entrance to the sewers that leads up to the central drain for the mansion and, as anticipated, a guard is there on the other side of a gated door. He is sound asleep at the moment, which in itself is somewhat astonishing as the group has not been especially quiet.

A quick glance at the gate and door itself reveal it's nothing fancy, at least not at a distance. The gate is simple iron, the door is wood with metal reinforcements. It has a place for a lock too, and is naturally closed at the moment.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:13 pm

"I could smash right through that and clock the guard," Rory whispers. "Unless one of you has something we can use to pick the lock? I have a quill..."
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Higaide shakes his head, cursing himself under his breath for coming to a heist without at least something to pick a lock with.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:42 pm

Rory creeps closer. Is the key to the lock clearly visible?
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:20 pm

After a few tense moments, Rory believes he sees a keychain dangling from the guard's shoulder pocket.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:38 pm

Higaide volunteers to take point and approach the guard. Place might be trapped though - this looks too easy - so he'll be especially alert for that and proceed with caution. If he makes it to the guard without hindrance, he'll signal Rory over to restrain and silence the guard if he wakes up in the attempt to remove they keys (optimal result is taking the key and opening the door with no one being the wiser).
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:02 pm

Rory nods at Higaide and places his fingers over his lips to make the gesture for silence, and accidentally dabs his lips with some sewer gunk. He lurches hardily, almost vomiting, and wipes the putrid substance off on his tunic. "Almost got it in my mouth," he winces.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum