May 16th

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:16 pm

ooc:
Just waiting for Javan to sound off
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Essoje on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:28 am

Javan nods to them, readying himself to do whatever it takes next.

OOC:
Sorry, things are hectic right now and I have little time to deal with what must be deal and am stressed. Like I posted in the other forum too, please don't expect a lot of posting or quality from when said posts come for the next week or so while I try to deal with bs
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:19 am

Higaide will proceed as previously outlined, and try to get the keys off the sleeping guard.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:27 am

OOC:
So, funny thing, I fail at descriptions. The intent was the guard was... on the other side of the gate, as in there's you, then gate, then guard. But since I don't want to slow this down anymore, we'll swap those.

Higaide slips up, carefully and quietly, trying to avoid the particularly slippery surface leading up to where the guard is slumbering soundly in his decisively uncomfortable-looking chair. Higaide makes it to within about two feet of the poor Orc before suddenly hitting a patch of ice-slick moss and flopping rather suddenly and resoundingly onto the ground. "Gwa, wha--?" The Orc gentleman flusters awake, but is clearly still dazed.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:15 pm

Higaide springs to his feet and moves to get Mr Orc in a chokehold, intended to keep him from shouting and make him lose consciousness.

It succeeds, and he lowers the unconscious guard to the ground, then removes the key.

"He's gonna wake up with a frell of a headache." - he whispers - "Best to bind and gag him while we're at it."

avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:40 am

Higaide walks confidently forward to unlock the gate, only finding that it was unlocked to begin with. The gate itself is not particularly well made and creaks and scrapes horribly when opened, echoing horribly in the narrow and cramped corridor. Beyond lies a spiral staircase leading up.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:45 pm

ooc:
Well my thoughts about my involvement was to reach through the bars and grapple the guard, covering his mouth. If he wasn't close enough, I would have just bulldozed the door down and clocked him.

Btw, does my helmet give me a bonus to AC, or was it just the +30HP?

"You got it, boss."

Rory takes out his peasant pants and takes them apart in strips to bind the guard with, and his scarf to use as a gag. While he's at it, he tosses his old footwraps into the sewer water (he's wearing his aurochs hide boots still). "Definitely won't need those no more. Now, first let's see what else he's got on him..."


Searching unconscious guard, then bind+gag. Then helm goes on my head and sword gets strapped to my side. Less effort spent on hiding now. Everyone knows we're no mere peasants, they know it's a disguise.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:58 pm

Higaide waits for the party to be ready, then takes point sneaking up the stairs. Carefully, in case there are any traps or sentries.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:16 am

The guard, sadly, had nothing of significance or note on him. Aside from a book entitled, "The Benefits Of Soup 'N Bread".

The path upward is a winding spiral staircase. It seems fairly dusty, with only a few scarce footsteps on the stairs, and no amenities or decor. The cold stone walls slowly grow brighter the further up they go, and after a few dozen feet the group starts to realize they've up what feels like two stories before reaching a wooden, unlocked hatch on the ceiling with a small, old, half broken wooden ladder leading up to it.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Higaide carefully climbs the ladder. If nothing untoward happens, he checks the hatch for anything out of ordinary, and if he finds nothing, he puts his ear up to the hatch, and tries to listen for any movement. Also check for any light coming in through any cracks, to get a feel of how well lit is on the other side.

If no movement is heard, he'll open the hatch just enough to peek through and get an idea of what's on the other side. He he finds the area clear, he'll slowly open it and climb on up.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:18 pm

Higaide has no real problems en route, hears nothing, and sees no light. Upon opening the hatch proper, the room he finds himself in is pitch black, lit only by the light coming in from the now-open hatch.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:16 pm

ooc:
does anyone have anything to make some light with?
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:25 pm

Rory hands up his lantern to Higaide when the latter asks for a light source.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:31 am

The room thusly faintly illuminated by the lantern, Higaide finds himself in a room with no doors, windows, or decorations. It is not particularly large, but covered in dust, though a closer glance will reveal older footprints here and there which have less dust collected on them.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:57 pm

Higaide will check whether the more recent footprints lead somewhere.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:03 pm

They seem to run around in relative circles, as though inspecting the room. Otherwise, no.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:49 pm

Higaide will tiptoe around the room and check the place for a door, or otherwise anything of interest.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:54 pm

There is nothing in this room of interest. The walls seem to be made of wood, possibly reinforced with concrete at the corners, but otherwise is utterly barren.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:03 pm

ooc:
Sorry if it seems like i'm pushing the topic, but i find no way out of this room other than the hatch we came in through? Just want to make sure.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:14 pm

Archengeia wrote:The walls seem to be made of wood, possibly reinforced with concrete at the corners,
At the corners, so not bricked up or reinforced completely or anything like that.

Rory climbs up because he is done waiting on his hands, sees nothing in the room, and invites Javan to come up as well.

"It's just made of wood...well, we have a solution to that, don't we? I sure hope our mutual friend doesn't mind a few splinters."

He knocks on a wooden wall.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:51 am

To be 100% clear, this room has no exit or entrance other than the one you just entered.

Rory knocks on the wood, and it certainly sounds sturdy, but that's probably more intended for people equipped for thievery and not for violence.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Higaide will trace the footprints exactly, trying to look for some hidden switch on the floor. If nothing turns up, he will lightly knock on the walls around the room, just enough to determine where it might sound, hollow or otherwise less sturdy. Just loud enough that he can tell without alerting anyone (well, trying not to).
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Essoje on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Javan meanwhile will go back down and keep watch of their only means of escape right now.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:45 pm

Rory wipes up the rancid sewer gunk off of his hands and gauntlets with his cloak. You know, the clean part high up that wasn't drenched in said gunk when crouching through the sewers.

He looks at the map again, to remember where he was intent on checking, hoping to high heaven that they would stumble across the artifact by their pre-planned search priorities, and not by random.

"People will be wondering what this horrible smell is, so we need to work fast, and expect to fight should we bump into anyone. We're in disguise, but we're not at all where we belong. We'll 'X' out the spots we've searched already, with..."

You think he means gunk, by the way he grabs his cape and gestures with it.

"Guess they won't have to worry about anyone using this for another home invasion."

He stares at the map some more, as if he's trying to make it explode with his mind. Remember this. Remember what I want to do. This is important.



ooc:
In an old ooc post, I proposed we have three likely locations where the artifact could be located:Tower, Master Bedroom, or Storage.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:55 pm

All of the sudden, Rory and Higaide both hear a sudden loud click from somewhere nearby. Very small, fine spigots start opening up in the concrete cracks on the corners of the room, and rather murky, unpleasant water begins to quickly fill the room, pouring down the open hatch into the sewers below.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum